Joou no Kyoushitsu [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
kryptolus

Joou no Kyoushitsu [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby kryptolus » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:43 pm

This is the same as the previous batch torrent except this one includes the two specials.
This is to ensure that people don't miss out on the specials after watching the series ;)

NOTE: If you were downloading from the other batch, you do not have to start over.
Open this torrent in your torrent client. This will create a "[kryptolus] joou no kyoushitsu - All Episodes" folder. Stop the transfer. Mover over all the files from the other folder into this new folder. Some clients will automatically realize that the files have been updated and will resume from there. In others, you have to force them. In BitComet you have to press "Manual Hash Check" to let it figure out which parts have been downloaded.
Attachments
Joou no Kyoushitsu ep01-11 end + 2 SPs [kryptolus].rar
Sync to 704x396p
(174.76 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
Last edited by kryptolus on Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shindou

Postby Shindou » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:32 am

thx for your hard work :D

hope to watch this soon! :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:34 am

wow! thank you, kryptolus~!!! and there are seeders, too!!! :cheers: :cheers:

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:37 pm

A surprising amount of leechers for a torrent that's almost the same as the previous one :-)

Dweji Kharbi

Thanks so much!

Postby Dweji Kharbi » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:39 am

kryptolus, thanks so much for all your hard work. we are enjoying this series so much, even though it was kinda hard to watch at first.

helping you seed this great drama...

dweji

xenoxeno

My thanks as well

Postby xenoxeno » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:20 am

Thank you for your work on subbing this. I really enjoyed the series and you did a very nice job on the subtitles and added explanations to fill in the cultural subtext. I look forward to your next project. Nice job on the program to do the work as well.

mark2134

Postby mark2134 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:51 am

Thx a lot for this series. :)

I've watched it and I think this is one of the best series ever. I also liked it better than gokusen cuz it's more real and serious.

gw2004

Postby gw2004 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Thx a lot for this series.

tenuki

Postby tenuki » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:57 am

couple episodes through. what a ****.

enemenemuh

Postby enemenemuh » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:03 pm

yay, went perfectly fine when I dled a few missing eps.

Thanks a lot for this great series! :-)

sparky

Postby sparky » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:31 pm

tenuki wrote:couple episodes through. what a ****.

Only 2 episodes and she's a ****?
You aint seen nothing yet!!!

One of the best series of all time.

You hit a homerun with this series and your subs, Kryptolus.
It's great that the serie is is still going strong and gaining in popularity.

Thanks again,
Sparky

tenuki

Postby tenuki » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:24 am

yeah, it turned out to be good. It's like a grownup version of Gokusen thats actually good, competently acted, and well written.

baba82

Postby baba82 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:27 am

hmmm... she should be teaching in school where Onizuka was :p

xocolata

Postby xocolata » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Downloading this right now - it looks interesting. Thanks a bunch! =)
< lj | mp3 rotation | ♥ >

iLuvU4eTerniTy

OST, anyone willing to torrent?

Postby iLuvU4eTerniTy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:49 am

anyone nice and willing to put up the ending song? it sounds nice. thanks

trentmc

Postby trentmc » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:37 am

just d/l the first ep
that teacher is hardcore!
looks like a good series
thanks to seeders!

:w00t:
-----------------
- Trent

:w00t:

kryptolus

Re: OST, anyone willing to torrent?

Postby kryptolus » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:39 am

iLuvU4eTerniTy wrote:anyone nice and willing to put up the ending song? it sounds nice. thanks

The OST should have it. Someone posted it on d-addicts.

chsaf

Postby chsaf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:31 pm

i cant seem to be able to watch a couple of the first few eps even though i've downloaded almost 20% of the whole series. i keep getting a message about some codec error...anybody know what's wrong? also, it takes forever to download, i started downloading this about a week ago and it only increases by 4-5% a day. is this normal?

thanks!

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:37 pm

chsaf wrote:i cant seem to be able to watch a couple of the first few eps even though i've downloaded almost 20% of the whole series. i keep getting a message about some codec error...anybody know what's wrong? also, it takes forever to download, i started downloading this about a week ago and it only increases by 4-5% a day. is this normal?

thanks!

Torrents don't download data from beginning to end. The pieces downloaded are not in any order, so even if you have 20%, it's not the first 20%. Some bittorrent clients let you specify which files in the torrent you want to get. That can be useful for getting the first episodes first.

I'm puzzled as to why so many people are getting slow speeds on this torrent. With that many seeds, things should be pretty smooth.
Do you get better speeds on other torrents? Are you behind a firewall? Are you behind a router?

chsaf

Postby chsaf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:52 pm

"T________T"

im puzzled why it's so slow too....so far i've got the whole ep 1 & 2 and half of ep 3.

im so dumb when it comes to all this IT stuff. i dont know how to check if im behind a firewall or router. gomen~

btw thanks for all ur effort and quick reply. it's really great of u to do this

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 pm

chsaf wrote:"T________T"

im puzzled why it's so slow too....so far i've got the whole ep 1 & 2 and half of ep 3.

im so dumb when it comes to all this IT stuff. i dont know how to check if im behind a firewall or router. gomen~

btw thanks for all ur effort and quick reply. it's really great of u to do this

How are you connected to the web? Cable modem? DSL?

chsaf

Postby chsaf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:52 pm

thru DSL.

how do i know where to check all this firewall stuff?

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:01 pm

chsaf wrote:how do i know where to check all this firewall stuff?

Are you using Windows XP? What bittorrent program are you using?

Also can you do the following:
Go to Start->Run and type "cmd" and press OK.
Then in the new window, type "ipconfig" and press Enter.
It should display information about your connection.
Look at where it says "IP address:..." and tell me whether or not the number next to it starts with "192".

nakiri

Postby nakiri » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:05 pm

Thanks so much, kryptolus, for this batch file. I was dismissing this drama series but now I am so glad I got to watch it. It has become one of my favourites.

satanxgod

Postby satanxgod » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:14 pm

that was strange to me too
it took me nearly 6 days to download this baby, sometimes the download speed went down to around 5kbs/s !? (even several days ago, there was thousands of leechers & nearly 100 seeders)

slow, really ~ :( there must be other problems than those firewall stuffs..
but finally, i got it :) thx for the hard work !

iLuvU4eTerniTy

Awesome Drama

Postby iLuvU4eTerniTy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:14 am

love this drama, it really has a good perception of a part of japan's society now. very interesting to learn from. love the lessons and the philosophy it has, so much alike as from what i think....... also, sensei wa honto ni kakkoii ne? kireii mo....... kanojyo wa, dare desu ka?

chsaf

Re: Awesome Drama

Postby chsaf » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:26 am

iLuvU4eTerniTy wrote:also, sensei wa honto ni kakkoii ne? kireii mo....... kanojyo wa, dare desu ka?

She's Yuki Amami, not very famous, i guess, but has acted in a lot of dramas. yup, kireii ne~

Explicite

Postby Explicite » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:53 am

thanks for sharing...series sounds interesting

minnie1990

Postby minnie1990 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Oh my... this drama was unlike any other I have ever watched. I actually had to force myself to watch it. The main character is completely annoying, and the entire series just drives me crazy... it's so incredibly deep. I've cried countless time during it. Can you believe that I'm depressed from it? lol. It's wonderful. I insist that this drama is watched by anyone that can boldly say "I am a fan of foreign dramas". Good luck! :-)

ydia

thanks!

Postby ydia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:06 pm

thanks a lot!

pretty please seeders please keep it up for a bit longer

i just watched the the second episode of this dorama and when i looked back half thru it i had my brother (age 12) and my two cousins (age 11 and 13) that are staying for summer vacations behind me watching it too, i am really happy that the apartment is quiet for a bit.

i had to stop episode 2 and get back to the first ep for them, we'll start watching the 3rd ep soon and i'm downloading the 4th now... we just can't wait!

canon05

Postby canon05 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:56 am

Thank you for subbing and sharing this serie kryptolus. :-)

Larc

Postby Larc » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Whoever did the subtitles definitely is not Japanese.

That main girl is so adorable. I wish I end up having a daugther like her. Oh, and the kinda spooky girl that helped her out is really cute. The first episode made me teary...

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:54 pm

Larc wrote:Whoever did the subtitles definitely is not Japanese.

Gee gosh, really? Keep your wise-ass comments to yourself please.
Go watcb the raws.

sparky

Postby sparky » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:49 am

Larc wrote:Whoever did the subtitles definitely is not Japanese. ...

How rude.
Just what is your point?
If you intended to insult Kryptolus, you certainly did a good job.
How about some examples of your fansub work, hotshot.

Thanks again Kryptolus for your wonderful work on this great series.
Sparky

mleo

Postby mleo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:20 pm

Krypt you are the best!! Don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise. I can't understand Japanese so even if translation is not 100% accurate - well at least you are succinct and entertainingly creative! :D

This is a great series. Good choice guys! :thumleft: :thumright:

Larc

Postby Larc » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:59 pm

kryptolus wrote:
Larc wrote:Whoever did the subtitles definitely is not Japanese.

Gee gosh, really? Keep your wise-ass comments to yourself please.
Go watcb the raws.

I wish I could get the raws but there are no seeders.

Oh, so I was right. I don't know how my comment was rude; I was only stating the facts.

You know, when the girl said "Faito" - it was just a Japanese way of pronouncing "Fight". :whistling:

If you need an editor, I can help out. :crazy:

larry_e_smith

Postby larry_e_smith » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:03 pm

Yes thank you for all the work you have done on this!

Can you work on Sabbu now? (of course another great work of yours!) ;)

Larry

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:55 pm

Larc wrote:Oh, so I was right. I don't know how my comment was rude; I was only stating the facts.

You know, when the girl said "Faito" - it was just a Japanese way of pronouncing "Fight". :whistling:

If you need an editor, I can help out. :crazy:

"There are some mistakes in the translation. Faito for example..." => Not rude
What you said => Rude
"tonydesu, I wish you could teach Notautark how to encode the audio properly or keep uploading your versions. Tongue" => Rude (Assuming things)
"Uh camelsta, eigo yomenainokayo? nande shashin wo koko ni nokerrunda? doko kara tottekitannda?? KOTAERO!!!" => Rude
"camelsta, where the hell are you getting those pictures? Explain yourself!" => Rude

See a pattern in your posts?

http://www.inc.com/articles/2001/08/23257.html

It's funny that you bring up "Faito", of all things, as the mistake. I left that one on purpose because I felt like being silly (and I was confident that most people that watch jdrama would be able to understand it). If you watch all of the episodes, you will see that there are places where I did translate the same exact thing differently. There *are* legitimate mistakes in the translation; I can point them out to you if you want, but you should be a bit more careful when labeling things as mistakes.

I'm glad to see the positive comments from you guys... Coming back from work all tired yesterday, that rude comment was the last thing I wanted to see.

Epyon

Postby Epyon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:13 am

Thanks kryptolus for subbing this. I thought it was pretty neat how it would say encoder, translator, etc and it was all you.

Joou No Kyoushitsu was so good and I advise all those that havent seen it to try it out. The specials just made it that much better.

Larc

Postby Larc » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:16 pm

kryptolus wrote:"There are some mistakes in the translation. Faito for example..." => Not rude
What you said => Rude
"tonydesu, I wish you could teach Notautark how to encode the audio properly or keep uploading your versions. Tongue" => Rude (Assuming things)
"Uh camelsta, eigo yomenainokayo? nande shashin wo koko ni nokerrunda? doko kara tottekitannda?? KOTAERO!!!" => Rude
"camelsta, where the hell are you getting those pictures? Explain yourself!" => Rude

See a pattern in your posts?

http://www.inc.com/articles/2001/08/23257.html

It's funny that you bring up "Faito", of all things, as the mistake. I left that one on purpose because I felt like being silly (and I was confident that most people that watch jdrama would be able to understand it). If you watch all of the episodes, you will see that there are places where I did translate the same exact thing differently. There *are* legitimate mistakes in the translation; I can point them out to you if you want, but you should be a bit more careful when labeling things as mistakes.

I'm glad to see the positive comments from you guys... Coming back from work all tired yesterday, that rude comment was the last thing I wanted to see.

lol. Wow, I can't believe you actually went back to my old posts. The difference is:
Notautark didn't take offense to my comment, whether you thought it was or not. He explained his situation and that was it. And the reason I became "rude" towards camelsta was because he/she did not answer me the first couple times I asked nicely; he/she was ignoring me and continued to post pictures. Anyway, those are irrelevant.

That was just one example I remembered (I've only watched two episodes so far). I'm just really picky, and a bit of a perfectionist, so it annoys me when the translations are off; especially since non-Japanese viewers will be taught wrong.

Another example was when the student said "Hai", which just translates to "Yes", but you took a longer route of typing "Understood." - awkward, but funny... I guess. :glare:

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:31 pm

lol. Wow, I can't believe you actually went back to my old posts. The difference is:
Notautark didn't take offense to my comment, whether you thought it was or not. He explained his situation and that was it. And the reason I became "rude" towards camelsta was because he/she did not answer me the first couple times I asked nicely; he/she was ignoring me and continued to post pictures. Anyway, those are irrelevant.

That was just one example I remembered (I've only watched two episodes so far). I'm just really picky, and a bit of a perfectionist, so it annoys me when the translations are off; especially since non-Japanese viewers will be taught wrong.

Another example was when the student said "Hai", which just translates to "Yes", but you took a longer route of typing "Understood." - awkward, but funny... I guess. :glare:

I watch Ainori too. I remember your posts. You don't really know if he took offense or not. Just because he answered your question, doesn't mean it wasn't offensive. The way it was phrased, it was certainly meant to be offensive.

Oh no! I translated 'hai' as 'Understood'! I shall suffer in the hands of the community for that. I'll have to make an apology to Japan. I'll make sure to put that on my todo list. You claim to be a perfectionist, but you haven't picked out any of the real mistakes. There are people who are perfectionists, and there are people who just like picking at scabs. You, Larc, are no perfectionist. I'm going to do the right thing and just ignore you from now on.

You can go ahead and re-translate the entire series, since you're obviously better than all of us. The community is waiting, get started.

Larc

Postby Larc » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:53 pm

kryptolus wrote:I watch Ainori too. I remember your posts. You don't really know if he took offense or not. Just because he answered your question, doesn't mean it wasn't offensive. The way it was phrased, it was certainly meant to be offensive.

I know you watch it too. I'm saying I can't believe you actually went back to my post and pasted it here. Well, his reponse did not sound offended, so even he was, I guess he was mature, unlike someone, with a normal reply.

kryptolus wrote:Oh no! I translated 'hai' as 'Understood'! I shall suffer in the hands of the community for that. I'll have to make an apology to Japan. I'll make sure to put that on my todo list.

I never said that was incorrect. It just doesn't sound natural. I just brought that up because I remember laughing in that scene, when it was actually supposed to be serious.

kryptolus wrote:You claim to be a perfectionist, but you haven't picked out any of the real mistakes.

If you really want me to pick out the mistakes, then the next time I watch the next episode, I'll be sure to memo them down.

kryptolus wrote:You can go ahead and re-translate the entire series, since you're obviously better than all of us. The community is waiting, get started.

I never said I was better than everyone. You're "assuming things".

Skykim

Postby Skykim » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:00 pm

Larc wrote:I never said I was better than everyone. You're "assuming things".

Hey, I was wondering why you put assuming things in quotation marks? Does that mean kryptolus isn't really assuming things, but is in fact right about you saying you're better than everyone? Because if not, the proper use of quotation marks in that context would've been:
I never said I was "better than everyone". You're assuming things.

Hope this helped!

Larc

Postby Larc » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 pm

Skykim wrote:
Larc wrote:I never said I was better than everyone. You're "assuming things".

Hey, I was wondering why you put assuming things in quotation marks? Does that mean kryptolus isn't really assuming things, but is in fact right about you saying you're better than everyone? Because if not, the proper use of quotation marks in that context would've been:
I never said I was "better than everyone". You're assuming things.

Hope this helped!

LOL Skykim. Thanks for the laugh. Actually, I added it in quotes because he said I was assuming things. It is correct, but nice try.

Is your avatar a nun smoking crack? Hmm... :crazy:

Skykim

Postby Skykim » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:04 am

Larc wrote:(...)nice try.

Thanks.

Larc wrote:Is your avatar a nun smoking crack? Hmm... :crazy:

There was no crack in 1974, not even in Toei pictures.

Neji-sama

Postby Neji-sama » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:38 am

Where can I find information about this show?

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:40 pm

dxtr wrote:Where can I find information about this show?

The usual places:
http://jdorama.com/drama.949.htm
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Joou_no_Kyoushitsu

chesed

Postby chesed » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:33 am

Awesome job with the subtitles with this series. It's completely readable and makes sense in English. You subtitled the previews for the following episodes, you subbed stuff people would normally think is pointless (the counting, all the shouting all over the place), you put in little cultural notes that remained on the screen for a good amount of time without being in the way, and it looks like you had as much fun as one could have subbing something. Incredible job on this project. Mucho props!

Scarface

Postby Scarface » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:06 am

Thanks for subbing the series mate. Would it be possible to get a copy of the soft subs? because I already have the RAWs, it costs me $22 per gig to download where I live so I dont really want to DL the whole thing again :/ I would really appreciate it. my email address is
alexander.moorhouse@jcu.edu.au.
I understand you probably dont want to send out soft subs because people put it on ebay to sell it. I can guarantee I wont do that, though I dont know how you can trust me. anyway I really want to watch this drama but my Japanese isnt good enough yet. In the future I too want to do fansubbing.

here is a link to swap dramas in Australia for those interested:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29950

kryptolus

Postby kryptolus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Enjoy everybody.
Attachments
Joou no Kyoushitsu.rar
(174.76 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

Scarface

Postby Scarface » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:53 pm

Wow, thankyou very much! Will start watching this series after class. Thanks again for your subbing efforts! jya-ne

lidkun

Postby lidkun » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:51 pm

Thanks. This is one of my favorite dramas. :)

hikaru-hoshi

Postby hikaru-hoshi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:26 pm

wow , i really love this drama and i try to find this all over and here! i found this site so, thank you so much kryptolus for uploaded it. and thanks all the seeders i really appreciate it i hope i will finished it in a week .

blue_sEa

Postby blue_sEa » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:20 pm

thanks for uploading :-)

hafizadam

Postby hafizadam » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:21 am

thanx man, i have the specials and wanna try the next story..lol

lubu_go

Postby lubu_go » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Thank you, Kryptolus for your great work! This drama is very interesting ^^

Dir.en.Rei

Postby Dir.en.Rei » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 am

my Japanese friend recommended this to me ^_^

rulezguy

Postby rulezguy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Is there any chance to get the specials in RAW? I'm translating the subs for this wonderful dorama and would like to get the specials translated as well.

sword_of_heaven

Postby sword_of_heaven » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Thank you very much for subbing this drama, it was a life altering experience for me! Loved it, thanks again!.

Return to “Subtitles”