Hana Yori Dango [Dutch Subs] (Ep 1-4) [DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
Yankumi Subs

Hana Yori Dango [Dutch Subs] (Ep 1-4) [DROPPED]

Postby Yankumi Subs » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 pm

Hello all,

I'm new here, and this my first present to you. In real-life I'm a professional Japanese-Dutch translator (with 12 years of fulltime experience). I happen to love Japanese dorama, so I thought I'd give the community a small present, as you made it possible for me to watch the series I love so much.

My style:
- Precise. In 99% of the cases, the subs state exactly what the characters say, naturally translated. No sacrifices for reading speed - we're smart people and can read faster than the average person :)
- Accurate. I'm a professional, so I don't make up stuff.
- No explanations. If there are word jokes, I try to convey the same kind of joke in Dutch. No parenthesis with explanations about Japanese words in the subs. Jokes should be funny and should need no explanation. (Unfortunately HDY is rather exciting than funny, but in Gokusen you would have noticed this :D.)
- Fast. Since I'm a professional, I can subtitle one episode in one day.

This is the first time I have ever uploaded subs, so if there are any problems, please let me know.

Depending on the response, I might consider to subtitle the remaining episodes.

I had complete subs of episodes 1-5 of Gokusen (with all jokes translated!), but lost everything after a total network crash :( And no, I'm not going to do those again. But I might consider working on Gokusen 2.

Have fun! And please, give me feedback, both positive and negative!
Attachments
HYD_4_Dutch.srt
Hana yori Dango - Dutch subtitles - Episode 4 - Belongs to hana_yori_dango_ep04_hdtv[sars].avi
(59.64 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
HYD_3_Dutch.srt
Hana yori Dango - Dutch subtitles - Episode 3 - Belongs to hana_yori_dango_ep03_hdtv[sars].avi
(54.81 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
HYD_2_Dutch.srt
Hana yori Dango - Dutch subtitles - Episode 2 - Belongs to Hana yori dango ep02 (704x396 DivX).avi
(43 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
HYD_1_Dutch.srt
Hana yori Dango - Dutch subtitles - Episode 1 - Belongs to Hana yori dango ep01 (704x396 DivX).avi
(26.13 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
Last edited by Yankumi Subs on Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:55 am

A few small updates for Episode 1:
- Better translation for お嬢様 (ojosama, dametje)
- 押入れ (oshiire, kast) was mistranslated as 仕入れ (shiire, voorraad)
- Mushida is now correctly called 西田 (Nishida)

Corona

Postby Corona » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:13 pm

Wow! I must say, I'm really impressed! It's a mystery why no one else has replied yet.
Please do continue, quality dutch subs are so very rare :)

I love the fact that you translated the little things too, it makes the story seem that much more detailled. Since my Japanese is basically non existant I can't draw any comparison to the english translation. But this just *feels* good.
Last edited by Corona on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starviar

Postby starviar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:17 pm

yes didn't know there were dutch fansubs, thanks it's great!!!

yuman

nederlandse ondertiteling!!!

Postby yuman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:24 pm

Dank je wel!!!

LF

Postby LF » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:59 am

Dutch subs!
That is pretty amazing.
Thank you!

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words all! It's these words that keep me going! :)

I have posted the 2nd episode and hope you will enjoy it! Please let me know if you have any problems, didn't like certain translations, or loved certain translations.

Thank you!

Note that I'm also working on another project, Gokusen 2, which you can find here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28147

Milly

Postby Milly » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Wow, dutch subs. And really good ones at that..
"Dat kan toch niet waar zijn!"
Haha, awesome. They're very accurate.

Ik zou alleen 'homeroom' niet als 'bijles' vertalen. Het is meer als een mentoruur. En je had wat spelfoutjes in de namen. Akira Mimasaka was Mimasaki en Sojiro Nishikado had je als Mishikado.

Nu ga ik verder kijken ^-^
Great job! Keep up the good work!

Edit: Haha, I just totally LOL'd at the translation of Hana Yori Dango. "Beter een jongen in de hand dan tien in de lucht" Haha, genious!!!

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:11 pm

Thank you very much Milly! And well-spotted! :)

ホームルーム is indeed more like a mentoruur, and the names were perfectly ignored by the spelling checker :D

I've corrected these and uploaded new versions (Part 2 also featured Mimasaki instead of Mimasaka).

Keep it coming!

Milly

Postby Milly » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:13 pm

Wanneer Makino met Yuki praat: "Yoku taerareru ne" heb jij "Dat je zoveel kunt eten" misschien kan je beter iets als: "Je kan er wel goed tegen zeg." Dan behoud je die dubbelzinnigheid.
:-) glad to be of help. I tried subtitling as well, but my Japanese isn't good enough yet.
Last edited by Milly on Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zonakusu

Postby Zonakusu » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:16 pm

matta ka ^_^

I like it very much that someone is subbing in dutch!

Ga do door man! :)

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Thank you Zona!

Milly, again you are right. It seems I missed the link with "Dat bedoel ik niet" mentioned later ;)

Changed "Dat je zoveel kunt eten" into "Dat je zoveel kunt hebben", to make it as vague as in the Japanese.

Corrected!

Hundred people see more than one, so if you spot anything funny, let me know.

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:50 pm

Correction: actually it's the original Japanese that's a bit funny here. Yuki does say "Dat je zoveel kunt eten". Makino then thinks she's referring to her stomach, but Yuki actually referred to the fact that is she were in Makino's situation, she would never be able to eat that much (people generally eat less when they feel lousy).

Still it's a bit vague and far-fetched, and I think Milly's suggestion does make things more clear. An improvement of the original script! :D

Corona

Postby Corona » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:46 pm

:cheers: Nog een aflevering met Nederlandse ondertiteling! Alsjeblieft ga zo door :) Ik kijk de hele serie graag opnieuw met Nederlandse ondertiteling (hey it's something you're used to being dutch..it comes natural, reading subs that is ;)

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 pm

So true Corona! I've gotten so used to subs that I'd rather have subs than dubbing or whatsoever.

Argh! I watched episode 1 with subs once more and now finally see what Milly meant. Yuki says taerareru, not taberareru. Hopefully that explains my somewhat strange replies Milly :D It doesn't change anything for the corrected translation though.

I noticed one more problem at the very end of episode 1, where waraeru (can laugh) was translated as haraeru (can pay), which I will correct as soon as I get home tonight.

Milly

Postby Milly » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Yankumi Subs wrote:Argh! I watched episode 1 with subs once more and now finally see what Milly meant. Yuki says taerareru, not taberareru. Hopefully that explains my somewhat strange replies Milly :D It doesn't change anything for the corrected translation though.

:-) Even the best make mistakes sometimes :-)
No updates lately.
I hope you keep subbing the show. I wanna show my friends. Share the Hana Yori Dango love, you know :D

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm definitely planning to continue subbing this series, but believe it or not, my 4th hard disk this year blew up and I lost 30 minutes of part 3. I will even need to redownload the entire series.

Quite a setback indeed.

I thought backupping wouldn't be necessary as no one burns 4 hard disks a year, but apparently I was wrong :(

Luck was never really on my side :D

Dudie

Postby Dudie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Ik zie dit topic nu pas maar ik ga de subs downloaden. Zal wel raar zijn aangezien ik het Engels zo gewend ben :lol

heorot

Postby heorot » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 am

Wow Thank you.
I never new there were dutch subs for anything.
This is great!!!
Very well done. :cheers:

arabian

Postby arabian » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:13 am

Wo0o0W .. that's really great for those people who don't understand English..
Good luck..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

Asperitas

Postby Asperitas » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:52 pm

most dutch people do understand english, but nevertheless it's really cool. Though it seems that person stopped a long time ago

chin0_

Postby chin0_ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:03 pm

dankjeeeeee :D

ferry84

Postby ferry84 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Thanks for your input Yankumi :thumright:

Karate-ka

Postby Karate-ka » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Nou ja engels heeft zijn voordelen, zo dat je er beter in wordt.
Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)

Yankumi Subs

Believe it or not...

Postby Yankumi Subs » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm back, and currently in the 23rd minute of episode 3 ;-)

Everything is backed up now, so I shouldn't lose any more data.

===

Updated HYD_2_Dutch.srt
wie verraad jij => wie verraadt jij

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:55 am

Episode 3 is up! Have fun, and please let me know if you see anything strange. I'm only human after all and I went over this episode quite quickly (I subbed the whole thing in 8 hours).

I haven't seen any subs yet in which the jokes in this episode are translated correctly, so there should be something new even for those who've already seen the English subs.

Yankumi Subs

Postby Yankumi Subs » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:17 pm

Episode 4 is up.

Return to “Subtitles”