Attack No.1 [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Attack No.1 [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby san_kurogane » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:13 am

Here are my scripts for this great drama. They are timed to work with the RAWs posted in the torrents section.

Thank you Junkboy77, chiisana_tantei, massaru for providing the raws.

Any comments/mistakes/etc are welcome.

I'll be working with Studio Oto to release a hardsubbed dvd version of Attack No.1.

SIDE NOTE: The song that's played at the end of every episode is sung by Ueto Aya, the actress playing Ayuhara. I know some people don't pay much attention to actor names, and that some people already know this if they downloaded the raws from here. But I never knew this until someone pointed it out to me.

SIDE NOTE #2: For those who have watched Ace wo Nerae. In episode 1 of Attack No.1 when Kozue and Midori are walking in pain after their morning practice and get stopped by a few fans for pictures a girl dressed up like Ochoufujin walks by and also a guy looking like Coach Munakata is standing nearby holding a tennis raquet.

SIDE NOTE #3: Check out Milano's reply on page 12 of this thread. Great find Milano. :-)
Attachments
Attack No1 RAW ep01-11.zip
(160.78 KiB) Downloaded 62328 times
Attack No1 RAW - ep11_end (640x480 Xvid).ssa
(58.9 KiB) Downloaded 3161 times
Last edited by san_kurogane on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:44 am, edited 18 times in total.
Japan-TV Fansubs http://jtv-drama.net

neokenzo

Postby neokenzo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:16 am

Thank you very much for subbing this :)

aya

Postby aya » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:51 am

No way! I was hopping someone would sub this! You're the best san_kurogane! THANKS!

teamFun

Postby teamFun » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:17 am

OMG!! I dont believe what I am seeing!!!! THANK YOU!!! I was watching the RAWs with my limited understanding but this will make life so much easier!!!! :lol

san_kurogane, I salute you! :salut:

Truly, you will never really know the gratitude I feel for you for putting your time into this project! THANKS!!!
"Amicus Plato— amicus Aristoteles— magis amica veritas" ~ Isaac Newton

flynvballer

Postby flynvballer » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:30 am

VOLLEYBALL and JAPANESE GIRLS in a DRAMA... its like 3 in one combo i LUV IT lol... BUt i love the fact that i can relate to vball and what they go thru, being a superstar myself and all lol jk

[D-W]Katsu

Postby [D-W]Katsu » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:33 am

realy thank you

I xas hoping someone start this one, but day after day i was losing hope, but now i am very happy :D

faridsar_sensei

Postby faridsar_sensei » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:04 pm

can someone pls tell me where can i d/l these series? other than torrent
torrent never works for me...tq

thaigerl

Postby thaigerl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:35 pm

Thank you for the sub. I do hope to see more of this drama because I loved the original anime and story as a child.

Awaiting patiently :roll

BoX

Postby BoX » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:01 pm

LOL. Thank you very much :cheers:

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:27 pm

Thanks to you guys too. Your feedback (good or bad, mostly good :D ) is what keeps the desire alive to keep working on stuff like this.

I hope I don't cross any lines here but seeds are needed for episodes 4 and up. Currently I'm trying to get episode 4 and 5. I already have the series but my captures are timed differently so I wanted to download the ones that are already posted and time my scripts to those, since more people would have those.

faridsar_sensei: I will upload episodes to you if you need. Or seed them. But I only have 1-3.

tInoltin

Postby tInoltin » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:53 pm

sankyuuuu!!!

Akiraxx

Postby Akiraxx » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:56 pm

Thanks. :-)

myunus

Postby myunus » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:52 pm

keep this coming.. yeahhh....:)

teamFun

Postby teamFun » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:01 pm

I can seed, but my seeding is really irregular because I can only do it when I am at school where the connection is brilliant. I do need to know one thing though... how do I re-establish seeding... if I had a desktop I would permanently seed if I had a connection, but as it is, I transfer my files off onto a HDD to save my laptop space after about 5 days of seeding my completed files... I have never figured out how to reseed again, so if you teach me I will add some peerpower... =P If you still need it that is =)

faridsar_sensei

Postby faridsar_sensei » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:30 pm

faridsar_sensei: I will upload episodes to you if you need. Or seed them. But I only have 1-3.[/quote]

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! u made my day..... :cheers: :salut: :wub: :w00t:

MZvErTiGo

Postby MZvErTiGo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:58 am

OMG thanks so much.... w00t.more AYA!!!!!

Darkover

Sugooi!

Postby Darkover » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:35 pm

Sugooooooi subtitles!!! i'm looking forward for more episodes. In my country the anime was called "La panda de Julia" and Julia was Kozue Ayuhara, i liked that series and now i can see the jdorama 13 years later XDDD

MZvErTiGo

Postby MZvErTiGo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:06 am

thanks a lot for the subs. man, i love seeing the actress who plays midori...she is damn hot :wub:

dukefleed

Postby dukefleed » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:00 am

:D GRAZIE AMICO MIO :D
:cheers: BRAVO :cheers:

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:14 am

Hello everyone. I just posted the script for episode 2. Refer back to the original post (top of this thread) Enjoy! :D

myke

Postby myke » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:22 am

wah..
haii
thankx for subbing this series.
Gambatte " san_kurogane" :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Su

Postby Su » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:34 am

Thank you, san_kurogane

Shiko

Postby Shiko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:30 pm

omg, thanks a lot!! I really hoped for someone subbing this....good work!

urbanscrappy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby urbanscrappy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:12 pm

Thanks a lot san_kurogane, its great to finally be able to understand what everyone's saying.

flynvballer

Postby flynvballer » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:19 pm

MZvErTiGo wrote:thanks a lot for the subs. man, i love seeing the actress who plays midori...she is damn hot :wub:

amen to that

she has this look that i love so much, sigh.....

wats her real name??

btw thanx for the subs

neokenzo

Postby neokenzo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:14 pm

Thank you for ep2 :)

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby WroW » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:58 pm

Thank you so much .... one of the jdramas I always wanted to see :-) !
Keep up the good work :thumright:

myunus

Postby myunus » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:13 am

teamFun wrote:I can seed, but my seeding is really irregular because I can only do it when I am at school where the connection is brilliant. I do need to know one thing though... how do I re-establish seeding... if I had a desktop I would permanently seed if I had a connection, but as it is, I transfer my files off onto a HDD to save my laptop space after about 5 days of seeding my completed files... I have never figured out how to reseed again, so if you teach me I will add some peerpower... =P If you still need it that is =)

just do the same as like you want to download but instead saving it as a new file, save it to that already finished file. if the torrent is the same, then it will automatically starts to upload.
good luck..

teamFun

Postby teamFun » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:44 am

flynvballer wrote:
MZvErTiGo wrote:thanks a lot for the subs. man, i love seeing the actress who plays midori...she is damn hot :wub:

amen to that

she has this look that i love so much, sigh.....

wats her real name??

btw thanx for the subs

Her real name is Ayana Sakai and as far as I remember I have only seen her in one other drama, Ace wo Nerae. She was pretty hot in that one too mind you =P haha...

myunus wrote:
teamFun wrote:I can seed, but my seeding is really irregular because I can only do it when I am at school where the connection is brilliant. I do need to know one thing though... how do I re-establish seeding... if I had a desktop I would permanently seed if I had a connection, but as it is, I transfer my files off onto a HDD to save my laptop space after about 5 days of seeding my completed files... I have never figured out how to reseed again, so if you teach me I will add some peerpower... =P If you still need it that is =)

just do the same as like you want to download but instead saving it as a new file, save it to that already finished file. if the torrent is the same, then it will automatically starts to upload.
good luck..

Thanks! =) Now that I know, off I go =)

Once again, san_kurogane, I am forever grateful... :notworthy:

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:19 am

I've got a question on the game of volleyball. It's kind of off-topic.

In attack no.1 you always see the setter with their hand on the left's back.
I believe those are the two player positions that always seem to be doing this.

In episode 2 at the end you see Satomi holding on to Kozue before the game starts. Kozue's normal position seems to be left and Satomi is one of the best setters in the nation, I think. That's what leads me to think it's always left and setter. You'll see other players do this in later episodes.

I hardly know anything about volleyball. So I was hoping someone knowledgable in volleyball can tell me why these two player postions do this.

BoX

Postby BoX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:31 am

Hmmm, I have some knowledge about Volleyball, it's my favorite sport, but I can't quite understand your question :scratch: Maybe because of my poor English. Come again which positions do what?

p.s. Thanks for Ep.2 subs :thumleft:

flynvballer

Postby flynvballer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:32 am

san_kurogane wrote:I've got a question on the game of volleyball. It's kind of off-topic.

In attack no.1 you always see the setter with their hand on the left's back.
I believe those are the two player positions that always seem to be doing this.

In episode 2 at the end you see Satomi holding on to Kozue before the game starts. Kozue's normal position seems to be left and Satomi is one of the best setters in the nation, I think. That's what leads me to think it's always left and setter. You'll see other players do this in later episodes.

I hardly know anything about volleyball. So I was hoping someone knowledgable in volleyball can tell me why these two player postions do this.

I've been playing volleyball my whole life and have coached 6 teams under my belt. Wat happens when the setter is holding onto the person's back is because....well its hard to say without seeing, but each player on each rotation has a spot designated on the court. In volleyball, the server is position 1, and to the left is 2, to the left of that is 3 and if u go in a circle from there it'll up to six of course til to get back to the setter. The players in the front cannot overlap players from the back, its weird, like the back player cannot be infront of the front player and the players cannot be to the left or the right of someone else, they have to be in between the people beside them, cant overlap.. ... its confusing but this i believe this is called an illegal rotation.

To understand why the setter is behind someone like dat, each volleyball team usually has a special serve receive shape, depending on the coach. There is the W, the 3 man, the 2 man. and many other special shapes. Wat happens is that the setter NEVER gets the first ball, and the setter always has to run to the setter position which is in the far corner right side. If she is in position 3, she will move up behind the person in position 4 so as to get as close to the setter spot without having an illegal rotation or whatever its suppose to be called. The reason why her hand is on the person's back is because.. well it DOESNT have to be done but its sorta a way to let u know and the ref know that u're not overlapping or cheating.

well thats my 2cents for ur question lol.. if anyone would care to clarify or correct me, feel free.

flynvballer

Postby flynvballer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:40 am

each time the setter is in a different position, it will always be different.
i've gonna explain this assuming u guys have an understand of position 1 to 6 on teh court.
So if the setter is:
anywhere in the back, positions 1 til 3, she stand right behind whoever is infront of her.. and if she's in the front row in positons 4-6 she will just stand up at the net as close to the net.
it all depends on how good ur team is at passing, they would usually hide the horrible passers, and give the best passers the most space. Good passing teams use 3 man serve receive while normal passing teams stick to the W shape cuz there are 5 people passing with the W shape.

complicated stuff if ur a noob, easy as 1 2 3 if ur a vball addict!

BoX

Postby BoX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:31 pm

WOW, it's much more complicated than when you are watching it on TV. I know that players shift positions in definite order and must observe not to be in wrong place before ball is put in play, but does that mean that they must keep that foramtion during actual play???

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:46 pm

flynvballer wrote:So if the setter is:
anywhere in the back, positions 1 til 3, she stand right behind whoever is infront of her.. and if she's in the front row in positons 4-6 she will just stand up at the net as close to the net.

Okay I see now. In later episodes you see Satomi standing right next to the net also.
Thanks for the explaination.

flynvballer

Postby flynvballer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:51 pm

BoX wrote:WOW, it's much more complicated than when you are watching it on TV. I know that players shift positions in definite order and must observe not to be in wrong place before ball is put in play, but does that mean that they must keep that foramtion during actual play???

no during actual play u can do anything, go anywhere, u and go for a nap in the bleachers for all they care lol....but then it would be an instantaneous nap wouldn't it since u need to get back on court for the next serve lol.

Obviously I know this is just a Drama series but U guys can tell what horrible form these actors have, all their volleying is really bad, not very smooth at all. the only one who looks good at playing vball is midori's jump serve and yagisawa?'s <------??? spike is pro-ness.
Aya Ueto reminds me of those little girls who go and play vball and look like their arms are gonna snap at the joints when they hit the ball lol but its still hawt.

I'm just curious tho, how's the volleyball scene in everyone's city?? In Vancouver, volleyball vastly popular to asians and asians are better than white people in vball in vancouver, but around outside vancouver the whites dominate (dont wanna sound racist saying white..but u know wat i mean). All highschools in vancouver are asian dominated volleyball teams. Drop in volleyball on friday nights where i go can sometimes be so packed a lot of people wuld be turn away. We have to get there early to buy tickets, up to maximum 96 people for 6 courts for 3 hours of volleyball. And most volleyballers know eachother in vancouver so u can say I know every vball in this area code , well the good ones at least. tight vball comunity

tissa

Postby tissa » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:39 pm

thank you for the subs. can't wait to see more of yours. ganbatte, ne? ^^

IcAngeL

Postby IcAngeL » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:46 pm

thank you very much for your work :), ive been waiting to watch this one for so long :)
keep up the good work :-)

(its funny how thin the legs of those volley players are :P )

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby :bunny: » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:23 pm

Thanks for the sub!! :wub:
so tell me how u spell love (:

android_04

Thank you!!!

Postby android_04 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:49 pm

Thanks for the subs, we really appreciate :thumleft:

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:40 am

Hello hello.
In hopes you have a better weekend, episode 3 is posted.
ii shuumatsu ni narimasu you ni.

flynvballer

Postby flynvballer » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:49 am

san_kurogane wrote:Hello hello.
In hopes you have a better weekend, episode 3 is posted.
ii shuumatsu ni narimasu you ni.

u are a good man buddy

ayafanatic
Deactivated

Postby ayafanatic » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:03 am

Thanks for the subs! can't wait for the next one!

Teko_ueto

Postby Teko_ueto » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:55 am

Thank

mms

Postby mms » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:41 pm

finished watching azumi the other day n i thought i wanna try out this series since aya is in it, n it turns out to be great!! i'm waiting for the subs for every ep from now on! thankss for the sub!! pls continue making them.

You guys are the captain!

teamFun

Postby teamFun » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:25 pm

WOWOWOW!!! AWESOME san_kurogane!!! YOU'RE SO AWESOME!!! :notworthy: Thanks for all the hard work!! =D

kyaa the catlord

Postby kyaa the catlord » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:26 pm

Thanks for the subs, its much appreciated. :D

~Kyaa

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:38 am

Those of you that watched episode 3. Was the typesetting okay? It was pretty hard doing that part where Coach Hongo is looking at his mini court with the players as little buttons.

I didn't note in my scripts either, Suga, one of the girls on Fujimi, her friends call her Sugachi. I think young girls at the 'chi' on friends' names to create a nickname - in case you were wondering why Hongo calls her Suga and her friends call her Sugachi.

Akiraxx

Postby Akiraxx » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:02 pm

Thanks. :-)

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby WroW » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:11 pm

so fast :-) THANK YOU!

MZvErTiGo

Postby MZvErTiGo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:56 pm

wow u guys are fast....keep up the good work!

Natsume Maya

Postby Natsume Maya » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Thanks for all the hard work!!

Phinn

Postby Phinn » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:27 am

san_kurogane wrote:Those of you that watched episode 3. Was the typesetting okay? It was pretty hard doing that part where Coach Hongo is looking at his mini court with the players as little buttons.

Yep, looked good :)

Thanks for these. I've been getting my flatmate to appreciate Japanese girls with this series. We're both looking forward to ep. 4! :D

aikawadb

Postby aikawadb » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:07 am

thank you for the subs! now i can watch this serie and understand it! thank you and keep up the hard work!

mms

Re: Attack No.1 [Eng Subs] [Ep 1-3]

Postby mms » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:55 pm

san_kurogane wrote:
Those wondering, no this project won't be dropped. I've done all the episodes already. I just need to get the few lines I didn't do on my first pass then beautify/typeset the episodes.

just wondering, r there going to be a mass release of the soft subs? or r u planning to release it one by one. hope this doesn't bother much. thank you.

Heiji-sama

Postby Heiji-sama » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:19 pm

Thank You very much :D

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:16 pm

mms wrote:just wondering, r there going to be a mass release of the soft subs? or r u planning to release it one by one. hope this doesn't bother much. thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I would assume everyone wants the subs ASAP and in chronological order. You're saying you'd rather wait a month and get all the episodes at once? Or get one or two episodes a week until complete.

I will put all the episodes into a zip after they're all released for easier downloading, as suggested in a sticky in this forum.

arai77

Postby arai77 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:25 am

Thanks for the subs and the hard work! :D

neokenzo

Postby neokenzo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:00 am

Thank you for ep 3 :D

mms

Postby mms » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:01 am

san_kurogane wrote:
mms wrote:just wondering, r there going to be a mass release of the soft subs? or r u planning to release it one by one. hope this doesn't bother much. thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I would assume everyone wants the subs ASAP and in chronological order. You're saying you'd rather wait a month and get all the episodes at once? Or get one or two episodes a week until complete.

I will put all the episodes into a zip after they're all released for easier downloading, as suggested in a sticky in this forum.

since you said that you have all the subs of the eps done n since all the raw torrents are already out n perhaps most of us have already downloaded all the raws like me (almost complete) , i was thinking about doing the 'marathon' again. but mayb the subs still need some attention n releasing all them in a short while from now may b troublesome for you, i wouldn't mind waiting. no pressure. a month without aya? have never thought about it. scaryy..

i leave them up to you. thanks for the subs anyway. arigatou arigatou, i'm really enjoying the series.

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:14 am

Jaaaa!
Episode 4 has been posted. No you don't have to wait a month to get the scripts.
Those high school boys cheer squads are cool aren't they. Wait till you see Osaka Jidoin's cheer squad if you already haven't. :D

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Attack No.1 [Eng Subs] [Ep 1-4]

Postby gryzze » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:25 am

Thanks a lot! :-)

san_kurogane wrote:SIDE NOTE: The song that's played at the end of every episode is sung by Ueto Aya, the actress playing Ayuhara. I know some people don't pay much attention to actor names, and that some people already know this if they downloaded the raws from here. But I never knew this until someone pointed it out to me.
Actually it's not unusual for her to sing either the OP or the ED in the dramas where she has the lead role. She does that in "Hitonatsu no Papa e" and "Ace wo nerae" for example.

neokenzo

Postby neokenzo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:35 am

Thanks a lot for ep 4 :) :D

BoX

Postby BoX » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:51 am

Thank you for ep.4 subs :cheers:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby WroW » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:03 pm

Thanks for ep4! :D

ijgi04

WHOHOHOHO

Postby ijgi04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:11 pm

thank you..
may god bless you

mms

Postby mms » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:58 pm

thanks for ep4!! :lol

torino404

ITALY LOVES YOU TOO

Postby torino404 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi everybody
here, in italy too, ew are following the beautiful vicissitudes
of attack n°1. Thanks a lot

as we say.. GRAZIE MILLE
:D :D
cheers from Italy :D
God bless u!

Phinn

Re: Attack No.1 [Eng Subs] [Ep 1-4]

Postby Phinn » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:39 am

san_kurogane wrote:Also, I plan to encode all the subs after all the soft subs are done so newcomers can just download the hardsubbed version.

If fancy joining forces to release a DVD version, PM me :)

ryo2501

Postby ryo2501 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:24 am

Thx. I can`t wait. I watch Eps. 1-4 as soon as possible. :D :salut:
MfG
ryo2501

Member of AFT & Team ADL
Member of Connichi 2003/2004/2005 AMV Jury
www.animedownload.de
Member of ABB e.V.
www.alfelder-bierbaeuche.de

shortcut

Postby shortcut » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:36 pm

I think this serie was a bit of a slow starter but now it´s beginning to pick up speed and becoming really good. So thanks very much for the subs.

ryo2501

Postby ryo2501 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:37 pm

I have some problems with the Subs of the 3rd Eps. Actually I can`t see the subs... :cry:
What`s going on? Where`s the problem?
MfG

ryo2501

Member of AFT & Team ADL

www.animedownload.de

Member of ABB e.V.

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby san_kurogane » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:36 am

ryo2501 wrote:I have some problems with the Subs of the 3rd Eps. Actually I can`t see the subs... :cry:
What`s going on? Where`s the problem?

Make sure the video file and script file have the same file names.
ex: attack03.avi attack03.ssa

You can name them anything you want. They just need to have the same name.

ubnacci

Postby ubnacci » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:42 am

TNX so much for the scripts san_kurogane. U are great !!!

Ubaldo, Italy

ryo2501

Postby ryo2501 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:44 pm

san_kurogane wrote:Make sure the video file and script file have the same file names.
ex: attack03.avi attack03.ssa

You can name them anything you want. They just need to have the same name.

Upps, sorry, yes it works. *phuuu*
Yeah, Eps. 3 and 4. :cheers: :thumleft: :thumright:
MfG

ryo2501

Member of AFT & Team ADL

www.animedownload.de

Member of ABB e.V.

Return to “Subtitles”