Inpei Sousa [Eng Subs] (3 of 11)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
Psi

Inpei Sousa [Eng Subs] (3 of 11)

Postby Psi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Yo! I’m pleased to announce the subbing of the 2014 winter “Monday Mystery Theatre” drama... Inpei Sousa! (隠蔽捜査 i.e. “Cover-up Investigation”)

Recommended raws:
    nyaa (the trackers of the nyaa torrents which I originally used are now dead, but the DHT should still work)
    Also, some signs might look a little bit awful if "madvr" isn't your video renderer. If using vlc, signs might be slightly off position ._.

Episode 8 only seems to be available as 480p. If anyone knows of a 720p version, please let me know and I will sub to that =)

I hope everyone who wanted to watch this kept the files from way back, but otherwise, try nyaa. My connection’s kinda dodgy and I don't have the space to seed a batch, but I’ll try to seed each episode for roughly 1 week from sub release or until subs for the next episode are released...
I’d appreciate it if other people can seed too ;-D

If someone already has copies of Inpei Sousa, feel free to upload new torrents (batch or otherwise); let me know so I can update the info here.

Fonts:
    LinuxLibertine;KenyanCoffee;Goodfish;Rakesly;Roboto;BurstMyBubble;EpsonKyouka
All fonts are freely available online, but to make things easy, here's a font pack.

Special thanks to:
    semi-fly (and whoever re-up’d to nyaa) – for the raws
    jpsubbers – for the JP subs
    Pétalo - for script analysis
    d-addicts – for just in general ^^

Boring message from me
Wow... it’s totally not 2014 anymore...

Anyway, if you like police dramas that are mostly serious, have a little “physical action”, and a lot more “manoeuvring”, then maybe this is the one for you! (And if you really really like this, you can always get the DVD, heh ;-)

Please let me know of any errors/issues/feedback/criticism/etc.

As this series has a significant focus on the various levels of the JP police hierarchy, I’d highly suggest checking out the notes/links below if you’re not too familiar with it...

~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, here come the TL notes!
You shouldn’t need them to understand the subs as I tried to keep the script as smooth-flowing as possible, but perhaps they might help you get a better feel for the series.

General police info:
FYI, if "Chief" is used as a title on its own, it's usually refering to the highest ranking person in a particular "place/situation". i.e. if the scene is a police station, it will usually be the "Station Chief" and not some random "Division Chief" or wtv. (It should be obvious anyway...I hope)

Misc. Vocab. (updated as of episode 3)
I generally choose to leave names/proper nouns/etc un-translated. Unfortunately, some of those names actually have relevant meaning. e.g. place names that include cardinal directions
Terminology:
    Emergency deployment (kinkyuu-haibi). Refers to various levels of increased efforts by the police to catch criminals shortly after a crime happens. Get's abbreviated to "kinpai", but I'll just call it a "dragnet".
Directions:
    Kita = North
    Minami = South
    Higashi = East
    Nishi = West
    Chuuou (or “Chuo”) = Central
Misc:
    Shimbun (or Shinbun) = Newspaper
    Snack Bar = Typically a small-scale bar/pub run by a hostess. The keyword is bar, not snack: i.e. it's not the "concession stand" type of "snack bar".

~~~~~~~~~~~Subtitles~~~~~~~~~~~
(major issues, like mistranslations, will be updated asap. Other minor tweaks will be in a batch at series end... if I ever get there ;-)

Episode 1 of 11
    Updated: 17/04/08
    Fixed: "1 Week Ago" --> "1 Month Ago"; other minor typos
Inpei Sousa EP01 (1280x720).en.ass
(82.2 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Episode 2 of 11
    Updated: 17/04/16
Inpei Sousa EP02 (1280x720).en.ass
(65.43 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Episode 3 of 11
    Updated: 17/04/22
Inpei Sousa EP03 (1280x720).en.ass
(75.66 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Last edited by Psi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.

jpfn

Re: Inpei Sousa [Eng Subs] (1 of 11)

Postby jpfn » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks for subbing the drama!

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Inpei Sousa [Eng Subs] (1 of 11)

Postby Madoka » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:07 am

Thanks for picking this up!

Psi

Re: Inpei Sousa [Eng Subs] (2 of 11)

Postby Psi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Episode 2 now up. \o/

I have to say this episode contains one of my fav scenes of the series. :3
Also:
An interrogation room has to be one of the worst places for a private chat... ._.

dhisashi

Postby dhisashi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Thank you for subbing this. I have managed to download the first two episodes but I may not be able to get anymore.

Can anyone seed the old NYAA files?

:-)

Psi

Postby Psi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:24 pm

dhisashi wrote:Thank you for subbing this. I have managed to download the first two episodes but I may not be able to get anymore.

Can anyone seed the old NYAA files?

:-)

Someone told me they already managed to get all but a few episodes, so there should be some potential seeds out there... hopefully they can get active again. G'luck. =)

jpfn

Postby jpfn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks for subbing ep2!

Psi

Re: Inpei Sousa [Eng Subs] (3 of 11)

Postby Psi » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Episode 3 now up. \o/

Return to “Subtitles”