Date: 30 April - 18 June 2016, on NHK
Synopsis: Kuroyanagi Tetsuko (Mitsushima Hikari) learns that NHK has put out a call for exclusive actors for the start of television broadcasting and takes the entrance exam. She goes on to become NHK’s first television actress in 1953 (Showa 28), which was the start of television broadcasting. She has brought laughter and tears to TV viewers and many people have supported her since the beginning of the television age when dramas were live until today. (synopsis from jdramas wordpress)
Original work: Totto Hitori and Totto Channel by Kuroyanagi Tetsuko
Cast: Mitsushima Hikari, Nakamura Shido, Nishikido Ryo, Mimura, Hamada Gaku, Yasuda Narumi, Matsushige Yutaka, Omori Nao, Takeda Tetsuya, Yoshida Eisaku, Kishomoto Kayoko, Yoshida Kotaro, Koizumi Kyoko (narration), Kuroyanagi Tetsuko
- Raws (848x480 x264) are taken from Nyaa
- Feel free to re-time the subtitles to other raw sources. Let me know so that I can add to the first post.
- Special thanks to tenkal for posting the Japanese subtitles on D-A.
- Subbing updates and episodic notes can be found on my blog.
- Let me know if there are any mistakes. Comments are welcome. Enjoy!
List of featured songs:
- Ep 2: Nishikido Ryo - Ue wo Muite Arukou (original singer: Sakamoto Kyu, 1961)
- Ep 3: Totto TV All Cast - Sudara Bushi (original singer: Hana Hajime & Crazy Cats, 1961)
- Ep 4: Mitsushima Hikari / Miura Daichi - New York, New York (original singer: Liza Minnelli, 1977)
- Ep 6: Nakamura Shido - Otoko wa Tsurai yo (original singer: Atsumi Kiyoshi, 1970)
- Ep 7: Yoshida Kotaro - Shiretoko Ryojo (original singer: Morishige Hisaya, 1960)