Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
natka

Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby natka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Summary from jdramas.wordpress.com:
Born to a wealthy Koshu family, Kobayashi Ichizo, was a school dropout who aspired to be a novelist. In 1894 (Meiji 27), Ichizo had been working leisurely at Mitsui Bank’s Osaka branch while writing novels, which was his hobby. However, his life drastically changed after Iwashita Kiyochika arrived as the new branch manager.

This is actually a second part to a three part series that were made to commemorate NHK's 90th anniversary. First one is about Takahashi Korekiyo and third about Matsunaga Yasuzaemon. I didn't find any subtitles so I decided to make them myself. Raws are available on avistaz(that's where I got it, thanks uploader) and nyaa.se. I'm not 100% satisfied with my translation, but I hope you will be able to enjoy it anyway. Also, there were some parts in Kansai dialect that were quite a bit of a problem for me, I hope I didn't botch it up :sweat: I made some last minute changes so please do tell me if you see something wrong with the subtitles.

Ah, I almost forgot, I've used Donald Keene's translation of "The Courier for Hell" (The play in show in black and white, I was completely lost when I tried to translate it myself...)
I don't have much knowledge about, let's call it "business world" so some sentences may appear weird.

English is not my native language so there may be some mistakes. If someone happen to spot anything please send me a msg.

30.03.2016 Added subtitles for the 2nd part! :)
Attachments
Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Takahashi Korekiyo EP04 720p HDTV x264 AAC-DoA.ass
(57.7 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Takahashi Korekiyo EP03 720p HDTV x264 AAC-DoA.ass
(52.46 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by natka on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng sub] (1/2 In progress)

Postby Keiko1981 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Untimed JPN subs at Jpsubbers Search for: 経世済民の男 and you'll find several episodes.

For those wondering, RAWs at Nyaa
Gifted Ones | Twitter | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Dear My Sister, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

tekkichan

Re: Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng Subs] (1/2 In progress)

Postby tekkichan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:48 am

thank you so much for subbing this

natka

Re: Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng sub] (1/2 In progress)

Postby natka » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Keiko1981 wrote:Untimed JPN subs at Jpsubbers Search for: 経世済民の男 and you'll find several episodes.

Of course I've used subs from jpsubbers :) It wouldn't be possible without them.

dhisashi

Re: Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng Subs] (1/2 In progress)

Postby dhisashi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:22 pm

The filename at NYAA for these subs is: Keisei Saimin no Otoko - Kobayashi Ichizo - Yume to Saroban SP EP03 720P HDTV X264 AAC DoA.mkv

So you will have to change either the video or the subs filename so they match.

Thanks for the subs.

:D

natka

Re: Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby natka » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm

I've added subtitles for the second part. It wasn't as easy as the first part but I think(/hope) I got the most of it right (though I was lost in one or two scenes...) :)
This series isn't as popular as other ones, so I thought I should say this, if you like Abe Sadao, please. don't be discouraged because it's a drama based on historical events. I sincerely doubt that the real Kobayashi acted like this(it's not Nekota from Kisarazu, but close). First part has many scenes that he did his best at being funny. Second part is more serious, but I still loved it. It tells the story of Kobayashi's later life, expanding railway business, establishing Takarazuka and Toho, politics.

As always, if you find any mistakes please send me a message.

Enjoy!

dhisashi

Re: Keisei Saimin no Otoko ~ Kobayashi Ichizo ~ Yume to Saroban [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby dhisashi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks.

:-)

tekkichan

Postby tekkichan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:14 am

thank you so much for the 2nd part.
hope someone will kindly provide subtitle for rest of the series :cheers:

jpfn

Postby jpfn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:18 am

Thanks for subbing!

Return to “Subtitles”