Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
User avatar
bloudek
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Czech Republic

Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby bloudek » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Image

Title: 梅ちゃん先生
Title (romaji): Umechan sensei
Country: Japan
Episodes: 156
Format: Renzoku
Duration: 15 min.
Genre: Historical, Life, Medical
Aired On: Mon-Sat 8:15
Aired: Apr 2, 2012 to Sep 29, 2012
Broadcast network: NHK
Theme song: "Sakasama no Sora" by SMAP

NHK Asadora page
Wiki

RAW
D-addicts 480p

Synopsis
The story is set in the devastated area of Kamata, Tokyo, in 1945 just after the end of the war. Horikita plays Shimomura Umeko, the youngest of three siblings whose father is a doctor at a university hospital. Compared to her outstanding sister Matsuko and brother Takeo, she lacks self-confidence, but an incident makes her determined to become a local doctor. However, her path is fraught with failures. --Tokyograph

Translator notes
I've been learning Japanese casually for the last few years. Also, I'm not a native English speaker. There might be a few mistakes here and there and missing sentences when I just couldn't understand (especially hard to translate is Kataoka Tsurutaro (Nobuo's father)).

I'll continue subbing the next weeks as well.

UPDATE: Temporarily pausing work on the translation.

Hope you enjoy! :-)
Attachments
Umechan sensei - week 02.zip
Second week, 97% of dialog translated (soft subtitle .ass)
(45.11 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
Umechan sensei - week 01.zip
First week, 97% of dialog translated (soft subtitle .ass)
(41.24 KiB) Downloaded 835 times
Last edited by bloudek on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:22 am, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7020
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Postby Keiko1981 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Thank you for picking up this asadora.
Do you have any Twitter/blog where I can follow you for status updates?
Gifted Ones | Twitter | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Dear My Sister, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

narsha1000
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: France

Postby narsha1000 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 pm

OMG ! Thanks !
I'm so happy, but so surprised to see this adadora finally subbed !
Be brave to sub it to the end, cause working on an asadora is a long work ^^

User avatar
bloudek
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Czech Republic

@Keiko1981

Postby bloudek » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Keiko1981 wrote:Thank you for picking up this asadora.
Do you have any Twitter/blog where I can follow you for status updates?

Not really. As my subbing experience is zero, I don't have any special blog or anything...
Week 2 is coming out in a day or two though. :-)

User avatar
am00339
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: New York

Postby am00339 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Thank you !

geradix
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:00 am
Location: New York, NY

Postby geradix » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you for undertaking this difficult task.

User avatar
axelemine
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 am
Location: Solo

Postby axelemine » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:51 pm

finally ....thanks for subbing this asadora ^^

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 pm

uso....what a surprise :w00t:

finally this asadora get subbed :cheers:

thank you very much for picking this asadora :salut:

otsukaresama deshita :thumright:

User avatar
Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:12 am

Postby Madoka » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Are you serious!? Thank you! And good luck on subbing the whole series. Made my month.

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1)

Postby dhisashi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:03 pm

bloudek wrote:Translator notes
I've been learning Japanese casually for the last few years. Also, I'm not a native English speaker. There might be a few mistakes here and there and missing sentences when I just couldn't understand (especially hard to translate is Kataoka Tsurutaro (Nobuo's father)).

I'll continue subbing the next weeks as well.

Hope you enjoy! :-)

OMG. Thank you for subbing this Asadora. I hope that you will continue to the end.

I will be looking forward to each weeks subs.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
nikid
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 am
Contact:

Postby nikid » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Thank you very much!!! :w00t:

plouup
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:33 am

Postby plouup » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Thank you for week 2! :thumleft:

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:42 pm

that was fast :w00t:

thank you for week 2 :cheers:

otsukare :salut:

User avatar
nikid
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 am
Contact:

Postby nikid » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Thank you for week 2! :-)

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby dhisashi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks for Week 2. I really appreciate you subbing this Asadora.

By the way. You can edit the subject line like (weeks 1 - 2) then 1 - 3 etc. each time you add a week of subs.

:salut:

jpfn
Posts: 1458
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:50 pm

Postby jpfn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks for subbing the drama!

pandahime
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby pandahime » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Thank you so much for subbing this drama ^w^
I just watches the 1st week and 2nd week subs are already out. Thank you ^__^

User avatar
sppr21
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 am
Location: Hello!Younha! Translator // www.helloyounha.com

Postby sppr21 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 am

Thanks so much for the trans! :lol

User avatar
TimeCompression
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Postby TimeCompression » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 am

I just saw this, thanks a lot!

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Postby kathia_sophia » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:21 pm

OH MY GOD!!!! THANK YOU!!! I was waiting for Umechan sensei for so long... I've started Hanako to Anne, after I finish it, I'll watch Umechan Sensei. What a lovely surprise!

d1n0s
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Postby d1n0s » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you very much for subbing this drama.
Many, many thanks.

h1pp0
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:05 am

Postby h1pp0 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

User avatar
hype8750
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:52 am

Postby hype8750 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Oh~ Just found out about this. Thank you so much for subbing this asadora. Really really thank you. :D

User avatar
animefy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Postby animefy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:23 pm

thank you... can't wait for the next upload!! GANBATTE!!

User avatar
inlovewithmaki
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Postby inlovewithmaki » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:20 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH for subbing this series!!!!

I've been begging people to sub this! Please sub the whole series if you can!

I appreciate you so much! :cheers:

itthaq
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:36 am

Postby itthaq » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:57 am

thank you for subbing this. really want to see these series and now found these sub make me happy.
hope you can subbing the rest, please....

ganbatte...

User avatar
bloudek
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Czech Republic

Postby bloudek » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:50 pm

itthaq wrote:thank you for subbing this. really want to see these series and now found these sub make me happy.
hope you can subbing the rest, please....

ganbatte...


So I started my first year at university (studying Japanese philology) and still getting used to all the school stuff, the dorms (and roommates) etc. And I realized how bad my Japanese really is :crazy:
While subbing I'm using the dictionary a lot more than I'd like and so the whole proccess is slow and painful :-(
Anyway, I might get back to Umechan one day, don't lose hope! :-)

User avatar
axelemine
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 am
Location: Solo

Postby axelemine » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:41 am

thanks

User avatar
switchgirl
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Postby switchgirl » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:56 am

thank you so much for subbing this asadora :D

Magboro
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Postby Magboro » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Were the japanese subs ever published ?

I cannot find them on jpsubbers

nikki.please
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Postby nikki.please » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 pm

thanks for your effort! I don't want you to do this if it's a lot of work. When you're up to speed and can do it quick in the future..hopefully you can. Bang it out and upload the torrents..:)

bloudek wrote:
itthaq wrote:thank you for subbing this. really want to see these series and now found these sub make me happy.
hope you can subbing the rest, please....

ganbatte...


So I started my first year at university (studying Japanese philology) and still getting used to all the school stuff, the dorms (and roommates) etc. And I realized how bad my Japanese really is :crazy:
While subbing I'm using the dictionary a lot more than I'd like and so the whole proccess is slow and painful :-(
Anyway, I might get back to Umechan one day, don't lose hope! :-)

User avatar
deekyuwan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby deekyuwan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:06 pm

still waiting for this series continuation :cry:

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby kathia_sophia » Mon May 04, 2015 10:25 pm

deekyuwan wrote:still waiting for this series continuation :cry:

Me too! I really like watching Asadora and Umechan Sensei has been on my radar since ever. It's a pity really that the subs stopped :cry:

lordmetroid
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby lordmetroid » Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 pm

I love this, more subs to the people!

User avatar
K1ngLear
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby K1ngLear » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 am

Is there a chance that the subs for Umechan are coming? Please, do them.
CAESAR
(to the SOOTHSAYER) The ides of March are come.
SOOTHSAYER
Ay, Caesar, but not gone.

User avatar
zetobelt
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:39 am
Location: Argentina

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby zetobelt » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Someone should pick up this project. :-(

User avatar
lilumbrella
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby lilumbrella » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:37 am

Anyone have full japanese subtitle of this? If there is, maybe I can continue this project :) I really want to watch this asadora.

Notice me senpai
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Umechan Sensei [Eng subs] (week 1 - 2)

Postby Notice me senpai » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:50 pm

bloudek wrote:Image

Title: 梅ちゃん先生
Title (romaji): Umechan sensei
Country: Japan
Episodes: 156
Format: Renzoku
Duration: 15 min.
Genre: Historical, Life, Medical
Aired On: Mon-Sat 8:15
Aired: Apr 2, 2012 to Sep 29, 2012
Broadcast network: NHK
Theme song: "Sakasama no Sora" by SMAP

NHK Asadora page
Wiki

RAW
D-addicts 480p

Synopsis
The story is set in the devastated area of Kamata, Tokyo, in 1945 just after the end of the war. Horikita plays Shimomura Umeko, the youngest of three siblings whose father is a doctor at a university hospital. Compared to her outstanding sister Matsuko and brother Takeo, she lacks self-confidence, but an incident makes her determined to become a local doctor. However, her path is fraught with failures. --Tokyograph

Translator notes
I've been learning Japanese casually for the last few years. Also, I'm not a native English speaker. There might be a few mistakes here and there and missing sentences when I just couldn't understand (especially hard to translate is Kataoka Tsurutaro (Nobuo's father)).

I'll continue subbing the next weeks as well.

UPDATE: Temporarily pausing work on the translation.

Hope you enjoy! :-)

why don't you continue to work on this project??? :-( :-( :-( :-(


Return to “Subtitles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], momiji, narsha1000, WolftraX and 13 guests