Tokyo Love Story [Eng Subs] (Ep 9)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Tokyo Love Story [Eng Subs] (Ep 9)

Postby amrayu » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:15 am

Hi~
I know a lot of people have been looking forward to these subs.
Anyways, I've decided to only make episode 9 available in .ssa format. (since okuma already uploaded episode 9).

If there is a demand, I will encode a hardsubbed version of episode 9.

Anyways, enjoy! Feel free to edit for your own personal use.

BTW, the timing for these subs *should* work with okuma's version that he uploaded here.
Episodes 10 and 11 will be hard subbed. :mrgreen:

Credits...
Translations: NGN
Additional Translations: amrayu
Edit: amrayu
Typeset: amrayu
Timing: amrayu
Raw provider: amrayu
Crap E-subbed NGN version: Bawel
Attachments
tokyo_love_story_episode9_[sars].ssa
Tokyo Love Story Episode 9
Added one missing line... oppsie.
(46.37 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times
Last edited by amrayu on Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby lolipss » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:16 am

wohooooo
thank you amrayu :lol
I Want to Watch 'Tell me you love me'!!! :)

amicus

Postby amicus » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:22 am

thank you!

Gaia

Postby Gaia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:38 am

I'm getting an error.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:
AVI Splitter::Stream 00

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:42 am

Gaia wrote:I'm getting an error.
The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:
AVI Splitter::Stream 00

Try again. I just deleted the old file, because I added a missing line. It should work now.

Gaia

Postby Gaia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:59 am

Still the same error :(

Strange, the SSA subs from Episode 8 works fine...

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:12 am

you might have to rename the sub file to match that of the video file.
Or if you have BSplayer you can manually load the subs that way.

yt_toshi

Postby yt_toshi » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:08 am

Thanks amrayu for providing the subs for episode 9. :wub:

Even though I had to use BSPlayer to view the subtitles, I think others would probably like to see the hardsubbed version since many people may not want to download another player just to view the subtitles. Also, I thought that vobsub would be able to recognize the file that you posted, but it didn't work and I even tried to rename the file with no luck. Am I correct that vobsub should recognize the file?

pariah_dog

Postby pariah_dog » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:25 am

Thanks amrayu. Nice subs as always! Now if I could just get the video to play properly. I'd like to get alone in a room with the inventor of the AVC format and one baseball bat. I'd be as happy as a clam. I think this is the first e-subbed jdrama where I have had to resort to reading the excellent script file as if it were a book. I can also play it in subtitle workshop like a slide show. Although the slides do seem to stop after about 19 minutes into the video. This has nothing to do with your subs, amrayu. I'm just ranting/venting or something like that :).

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tokyo Love Story Subs

Postby jholic » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:43 am

amrayu (and okumasama): thanks for providing the subs. appreciate it.

amrayu wrote:If there is a demand, I will encode a hardsubbed version of episode 9.

:mrgreen: pretty, pretty please??

(i'm having problems like pariah)
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Gaia

Postby Gaia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:49 am

Already renamed the file, but the same error pops up. When i close the error box the file plays the audio only...

Did you do the .ssa subs for Episode 8 as well? (Because they're working fine without BSplayer).

amrayu wrote:you might have to rename the sub file to match that of the video file.
Or if you have BSplayer you can manually load the subs that way.

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:07 am

yt_toshi wrote:Also, I thought that vobsub would be able to recognize the file that you posted, but it didn't work and I even tried to rename the file with no luck. Am I correct that vobsub should recognize the file?

Vobsub does recognize the ssa extension. I just tried it and it works on windows media player.
If you have BSplayer you don't need vobsub. Since it's already built into the player.

As for hardsubbing, I was planning on doing it since I myself haven't downloaded the new AVC encodes from okuma. I just didn't want to install a new codec and fudge up my setup.

So, stay tuned... a hardsubbed version will be up in a couple of days.

Akiramike

Postby Akiramike » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Domo arigatou gozaimasu amrayu!

yt_toshi

Postby yt_toshi » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:26 pm

amrayu wrote:
yt_toshi wrote:Also, I thought that vobsub would be able to recognize the file that you posted, but it didn't work and I even tried to rename the file with no luck. Am I correct that vobsub should recognize the file?

Vobsub does recognize the ssa extension. I just tried it and it works on windows media player.
If you have BSplayer you don't need vobsub. Since it's already built into the player.

As for hardsubbing, I was planning on doing it since I myself haven't downloaded the new AVC encodes from okuma. I just didn't want to install a new codec and fudge up my setup.

So, stay tuned... a hardsubbed version will be up in a couple of days.

I think it good that you stick to a codec that everyone can use instead of having to install a new one just to view the rest of TLS. This way, people won't run into problems with installing new codecs. Although it's not too hard to install the new AVC codecs, I never notice the difference between the files that use it versus the divx codecs that were used for the previous files. So, I think it's best to stick to the codec that you use for your other dramas. 8)

amrayu, can you tell me how to display the subtitles in .ssa format with vobsub? If not, is there a website that will tell me how to display subtitles in .ssa format?

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:43 pm

Taken from Videohelp.com:
How to play video with external subtitles(srt, sub, idx)

in Windows
AVI/DivX/XviD video
Install VobSub or VSFilter, rename the subtitle file to the same name as the video file but with the extension .srt(or.sub). Example:
video.avi
video.srt
Play the AVI with your favorite software video player and the subtitles should appear. You should also see a green arrow in the system tray, right click on it to change subtitles settings.

--------------
You might need to go to the general tab>Loading>Change to load when needed or Always load and hit apply.

Gaia

Postby Gaia » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:27 am

The error was caused by the new codec that was used for Episode 9, not the subs, so everything is OK with the subtitles now, thank you :)

(I had to install mpegable DS decoder 2.1...)

rainfall

Postby rainfall » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:35 am

amrayu.... you have just answered my prayer.....

thx a lot....

yt_toshi

Postby yt_toshi » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:12 am

amrayu wrote:Taken from Videohelp.com:
How to play video with external subtitles(srt, sub, idx)

in Windows
AVI/DivX/XviD video
Install VobSub or VSFilter, rename the subtitle file to the same name as the video file but with the extension .srt(or.sub). Example:
video.avi
video.srt
Play the AVI with your favorite software video player and the subtitles should appear. You should also see a green arrow in the system tray, right click on it to change subtitles settings.

--------------
You might need to go to the general tab>Loading>Change to load when needed or Always load and hit apply.

Thanks alot amrayu :-)

TigerStripedCat

Postby TigerStripedCat » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:18 am

Please don't encode the next eps with mpegable. Linux users cant play with that codec yet (and mplayer can play anything else)

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:27 am

TigerStripedCat wrote:Please don't encode the next eps with mpegable. Linux users cant play with that codec yet (and mplayer can play anything else)

I guess you've missed my post about me not installing the new AVC codec. ?? :|

amrayu wrote:As for hardsubbing, I was planning on doing it since I myself haven't downloaded the new AVC encodes from okuma. I just didn't want to install a new codec and fudge up my setup.

TigerStripedCat

Postby TigerStripedCat » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:58 am

Yes I did miss that. But it wouldn't of helped seeing has how I don't know anything about encoding, hardsubbing, or the like. Can't you still encode with mpegable without installing the codec, like you would with Virtualdub. If I'm wrong, then I hope you see why what you said was hindi to me ;)

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:25 pm

Hm, let me explain it more clearer to you.
Okuma <-(areiacreations) He was the one that switched the encodes from XviD->DivX->Mpegable (AVC). But he has dropped out of fansubbing, and stopped at episode 9. He has uploaded episode 9 but no subs attached.
amrayu<-(me or SARS) Since I [amrayu] hate it when people drop projects (although they have their reasons and I [amrayu] respect that), I [amrayu] always pick up from where people have left off. So, I [amrayu] finished timing and transcribing episode 9 and uploaded it here. I [amrayu] uploaded the subs because I'm [amrayu] sure there were hundreds of people that downloaded the mpegable AVC encode from okuma [not me-amrayu] and are dying to see it.

I [amrayu], only encode in XviD/mp3. To encode with a certain codec, you NEED to have the codec installed on the computer.
I hope that you understand now, and it doesn't look "hindi" to you.

TigerStripedCat

Postby TigerStripedCat » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:10 pm

Thank you, that does help. I'm glad we both agree that it was confusing (at least to the laity).

dochira

Postby dochira » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:16 pm

...as is most technology discussions.... :-)

LightningEmperor

Postby LightningEmperor » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:23 pm

When I try to play Ep. 09, I can only hear the audio. The video doesn't show up. I tried Windows Media Player and BS Player. Is there a new codec for it?
"Sometimes people confuse my passion with my temper. I am demanding but never without reason. I expect no less than a vision to strive for perfection from everyone else because that is what I will strive to give to you too."

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:32 pm

LightningEmperor wrote:When I try to play Ep. 09, I can only hear the audio. The video doesn't show up. I tried Windows Media Player and BS Player. Is there a new codec for it?

YUP.
amrayu wrote:Okuma <-(areiacreations) He was the one that switched the encodes from XviD->DivX->Mpegable (AVC). But he has dropped out of fansubbing, and stopped at episode 9.

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:38 pm

amrayu wrote:
If there is a demand, I will encode a hardsubbed version of episode 9.

i'm with pariah_dog and jholic in appreciation of you as always! :salut:
thx so much for finishing TLS subs, especially including the release of hard-subbed ep9. :wub: :wub:

not a fan of AVC either... :glare:

nixxienixxie

Postby nixxienixxie » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:56 am

Are softsubs available for the other episodes, or were those only released hardsubbed? My question might be a bit delayed, sorry.

bakatenchu

Postby bakatenchu » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:27 am

where can i find the rest of the previous subs??

SevenSeas

Postby SevenSeas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:09 pm

you cannot find them coz they are hardsubbed.

bakatenchu

Postby bakatenchu » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:50 am

SevenSeas wrote:you cannot find them coz they are hardsubbed.

means that this is the 1st attachable sub that ever released huh?? quite a pain..hope someone can tell me if they found the previous ones..

groink

Postby groink » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:12 am

bakatenchu wrote:means that this is the 1st attachable sub that ever released huh?? quite a pain..hope someone can tell me if they found the previous ones..

??????

bakatenchu

Postby bakatenchu » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:51 am

groink wrote:
bakatenchu wrote:means that this is the 1st attachable sub that ever released huh?? quite a pain..hope someone can tell me if they found the previous ones..

??????

hoho seems you dont understand my point just leave it alone...sigh...better search internet thoroughly for this subs though..

planodrama

Tokyo Love Story Episode 8 Subtitle

Postby planodrama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 am

I have Tokyo Love Story episode 8 RAW, and I am trying to get the subtitle in srt or ssa format. Does anybody know where I can get it? All other episodes are hardsubbed already. I just can not contiue watching my sister's favorite drama without subtitle, so I will wait till I get the sub for this episode.
Thank's in advance.

planodrama

Tokyo Love Story 8

Postby planodrama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:05 am

I found the sub file already. Thank you.

bakatenchu

Re: Tokyo Love Story 8

Postby bakatenchu » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:01 am

planodrama wrote:I found the sub file already. Thank you.

all the sub or just for the episode 8? if you found all the subs can you tell me where should i get it..i9ve been looking though for it quite a long time..very impatient...to get its subs..please...

planodrama

Tokyo Love Story

Postby planodrama » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:09 am

I found episode 8 subtitle.
But all of the TLS files you find here are hardsubbed already, so no need to download the subs. My case is just that I have episode 8 RAW.

bakatenchu

Re: Tokyo Love Story

Postby bakatenchu » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:37 am

planodrama wrote:I found episode 8 subtitle.
But all of the TLS files you find here are hardsubbed already, so no need to download the subs. My case is just that I have episode 8 RAW.

actually for my case is ive bought the dvd, its from japan directy but unfortunately there is no subs available in the dvd so i need to rip em and insert the subs by myself...if you have all the subs can you upload it...or can anyone extract the subs and upload to me please...

planodrama

Tokyo Love Story Subs

Postby planodrama » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:29 pm

I got the subs files here in d-addicts. If you can not find here then I will not have it for sure. You can try to follow the links from subtitle forums. Hoping there is available.

bakatenchu

Postby bakatenchu » Tue May 29, 2007 4:25 am

thanks for replying my message..its been w ahile since someone reply bout this matter..ive seached it high and low and found nothing..the only soft sub that available is episode 9 alone, but the others are hard subs...and im quite desperate for it though :-( . umm.. if you can provide it, im really grateful for that ..thanks..

tuku99

A Classic, that brings back memories....

Postby tuku99 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 am

A True for the older generation....

even the theme song brings shutters!!

:fear: :fear: :fear:

Return to “Subtitles”