S - Saigo no Keikan [Eng Subs] (ep.1)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
lynn79
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

S - Saigo no Keikan [Eng Subs] (ep.1)

Postby lynn79 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 am

The first time I post here, hopefully nothing is wrong..

Drama Info :
Title: S - Saigo no Keikan / S -最後の警官-
Also known as: S - The Last Policeman
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Crime
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2014-Jan-12 -
Air time: Sunday 21:00
Theme song: MISIA - Boku wa Pegasus, Kimi wa Polaris

Synopsis:
The National Police Safety Rescue, or NPS is the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department’s special assault team which possesses both the mobility of the Special Unit (SAT) as well as the investigative skills of the Special Investigations Team (SIT), and is tasked with bringing criminals into custody alive. This small elite team is a new approach to fighting against heinous crimes. Kamikura Ichigo (Mukai Osamu) retired from the life of a professional boxer and became a police officer after that. In his second year working as a uniformed police officer, an incident leads to him being scouted by the NPS. Armed with excellent reflexes, explosive power and punches honed through boxing, Kamikura is a close combat specialist who is good at getting control over his opponents using barefists. On the other hand, Soga Iori (Ayano Go) is a member of the SAT. Described as superhuman, he prides himself in his sharpshooting and is the SAT’s best sniper. Soga was once assigned to a police precinct because he had aspirations to become a detective. Before long, he arrested three robbers and attracted attention as one of the promising newcomers. He is cool and collected, has great concentration, endurance, perception as well as combat ability; the embodiment of the SAT’s ideal male. jdramas


Notes:
Translation and Subbing is done by Torachan2006. Thanks to her..
Before someone ask again, I got permission from original subber to upload it here... In fact she asked me to do it because she has no time and 'lazy' (based on her quote) to post.. ^^
Attachments
S -Saigo no Keikan- ep01 (848x480 x264).ass
Fixed Timing
(68.03 KiB) Downloaded 2764 times
Last edited by lynn79 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Murai82
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: Turin, Italy

Postby Murai82 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:46 am

Woooooooo!! thanks for this!! :salut:

User avatar
axelemine
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 am
Location: Solo

Postby axelemine » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:50 am

finally....

User avatar
Taichi11Yagami
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: Philippines

Postby Taichi11Yagami » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 am

ARIGATOU! You don't know how much I am happy about this! :D I thought it will never be subbed.

Maysn
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

Postby Maysn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you very much! ^^

Eazy4200
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Postby Eazy4200 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 am

Domo arigato gozaimasu, I was hoping someone would pick this series up. :cheers:

8ankai
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Postby 8ankai » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:22 am

Thank you so much for subbing this drama

lada5757
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Postby lada5757 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

thank you so much for subbing this drama. Really love this drama

nguyenduy123
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Postby nguyenduy123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

As much as i wanted this series to be subbed , i noticed that you're not the original subber so i have to ask that did you get her permission to post her sub on this website ? If yes then it's too good ; if not then we should respect her and take down this subtitles :)

ailuros
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 am

Postby ailuros » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 am

thank you!!!

lynn79
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Postby lynn79 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:38 am

nguyenduy123 wrote:As much as i wanted this series to be subbed , i noticed that you're not the original subber so i have to ask that did you get her permission to post her sub on this website ? If yes then it's too good ; if not then we should respect her and take down this subtitles :)


Dont worry.. the subber is my friend.. she sent me via email and ask me to upload it because she has no time to do it... she starts doing translation for ep.2 right now..

User avatar
itoshinotegoshi
Posts: 2716
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:54 am

Postby itoshinotegoshi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 am

Made my day!!!!!, thank you very much for picking up this drama, really waited for someone to sub this. honto ni otsukaresamadshita.will watch now.
100% JP. Actors/ JDO lover. I :wub: Yamazaki Kento, Miura H, Mocomichi H, Ichihara Hayato, Takeru Satoh, Matsuda Shota, S.Oguri, Toma, Okada M, Nagase, Mabo, Mukai, Kimutaku, S.Sho, Suda M, Kora K, N.Shuhei, Takenouchi, Higashi, Eguchi, Fukuyama, Nishijima H, Dean Fujioka, Shunya S. blah blah

torachan2006
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 am
Location: ヨーロッパ

Postby torachan2006 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:03 pm

nguyenduy123 wrote:As much as i wanted this series to be subbed , i noticed that you're not the original subber so i have to ask that did you get her permission to post her sub on this website ? If yes then it's too good ; if not then we should respect her and take down this subtitles :)


Thank you for your concern. I made this sub actually specially for her. So she got my permission to post it here and on a certain website. I would like to concentrate only on translating, so I won't be uploading, or replying much. Next posts will be done by her too.

Regards,

torachan2006

Quistounette
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 am

Postby Quistounette » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks so much for taking this project ^^

Thanks for ep 1

User avatar
lady-leen
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: UAE

Postby lady-leen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:17 pm

FINALLY someone subbing this drama
I was afraid no one gonna sub it
until I saw the japanese subs
so after that I felt that someone will pick up this drama xD

thna u so much!
gonna watch it ASAP

User avatar
midwinter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:13 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby midwinter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:31 pm

I am so glad you started to sub this project!!!
I am very curious to watch this drama!!

Thank you!!! ^^

User avatar
Lisamon
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:13 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby Lisamon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Thanks a million! :)

Kojiro83
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Kojiro83 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Thank you very much for subbing. I thought this drama won´t get subs. :cheers:

furransu
Posts: 4909
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:51 pm

Postby furransu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm

thanks for picking this one up! finally it gets picked up :)

juki
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: France

Postby juki » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks ! Happy to see that someone can sub this drama ! :w00t:

nann
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 12:35 am

Postby nann » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:30 pm

thank you for sub and upload sub. :cheers:

cloudjee
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Postby cloudjee » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:37 pm

thank you! thank you! thank you! really thank you!!!

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 3849
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:16 am

Postby micehell » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Ah, much greatness! I'm glad y'all have posted this here so all of us can enjoy. ;)

User avatar
hype8750
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:52 am

Postby hype8750 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:24 pm

omg!! thank you so much!
happy that the series finally being picked up! =)

User avatar
qnuy
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Postby qnuy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:26 pm

thank you for subbing this :w00t:

haha4456
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Singapore

Postby haha4456 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Finally! Thanks for subbing this series..Does it work for the 720p yyets version?? Thanks to the subbers for the hard work!

User avatar
Thierry23
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:07 am

Postby Thierry23 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks for upping it here! And if Torachan doesn't read it here, giver her my thanks too for subbing this one. :D

User avatar
Stef25
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:23 am

Postby Stef25 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks for taking on this project!

lynn79
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Postby lynn79 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:08 pm

haha4456 wrote:Finally! Thanks for subbing this series..Does it work for the 720p yyets version?? Thanks to the subbers for the hard work!

I dont know if it works for 720p or not.. I dont have that version.. sorry..
You can try and re-time it if it doesn't work..

User avatar
jangkrique
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 am

Postby jangkrique » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:12 pm

terima kasih for the sub :)

User avatar
SG-13
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Mediterranean Coast, Spain

Postby SG-13 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks a lot !!!!!!! :thumright:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

User avatar
sky_fish
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby sky_fish » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:43 pm

OMG... someone picked up this dorama?! Finally!!! I'm so happy I was so looking forward to it and so sad when there were no subs until now! Thank you so much for sharing! Lynn, please make sure to give my gratitued to Torachan! =D Thanks to both of you for providing us the subs *___*

User avatar
kokoroai
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 am
Location: Mexico

Postby kokoroai » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:58 pm

OMG!! I'm so happy right now. Thank you so much for starting to sub this drama.

brye826
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Postby brye826 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Thank you & your friend for subbing this

User avatar
nikid
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 am
Contact:

Postby nikid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Finally this drama gets subbed, I was waiting for it :D Many thanks for you both for translating and sharing this! :-)

User avatar
fifimimi
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:18 am

Postby fifimimi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:16 pm

thank you sooo much for providing these subs! And off course to Torachan2006 for producing them!! This looks like one very exciting series, I'm glad I can watch it with subs now!! :)

lopjapdo
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Postby lopjapdo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 am

Thank you :salut:

LanceSalmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

Postby LanceSalmo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 am

thank you for subbing this :)

User avatar
Waya
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Postby Waya » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 am

Thank you both Torachan2006 for the sub and lynn79 for posting it here.
Please keep up the good work! :wub:

User avatar
inferi26
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm
Location: Hogwarts ϟ

Postby inferi26 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 am

Thank you so much to both Torachan2006 and you!

starlight116
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Thank you

Postby starlight116 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:19 am

Thank you So much i was waited someone to put eng sub

User avatar
indo_no_tenshi
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 am
Location: Hanamachi

Postby indo_no_tenshi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks a lot both lynn79 and torachan for taking this series! Really really appreciated!!

Maysn
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

Postby Maysn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 pm

I changed the timing at some points, because it was too short to read (seems like sometimes the milli-seconds were addited instead of the seconds, I think). If you don't mind you can put them on the first page in your post, maybe someone is interested. =)
Attachments
S -Saigo no Keikan- ep01 (848x480 x264).ass
(68.03 KiB) Downloaded 434 times

User avatar
goodpeople
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 am
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Postby goodpeople » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Thank you for the subs. i waiting for this subs. may God bless you

itj4
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 am

Postby itj4 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Thank you so much ^_^

User avatar
Saejima
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Finland

Postby Saejima » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Suuuper! I'm really happy that you started to sub this series. Keep up the good work :salut:

User avatar
darkw1zard
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: SG

Postby darkw1zard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:04 pm

thank you for subbing this series. :salut:

User avatar
Roninside
Posts: 911
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 am
Contact:

Postby Roninside » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Thank you very much :)
Image
Download Dramapedia and connect the D-Addicts forum & wiki from your iPhone and iPad!!
Request a #communityPromo code HERE!

nanashi
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Postby nanashi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 pm

A cop drama with a boxer turned police officer, how thrilling! It must be fascinating to see an ex-boxer investigating crimes. Thank you for your hard work.
27/100 til Neko Zamurai.

neko2626
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:27 am

Postby neko2626 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 am

Yea!! Thank you both!!

lynn79
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Postby lynn79 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:01 am

Maysn wrote:I changed the timing at some points, because it was too short to read (seems like sometimes the milli-seconds were addited instead of the seconds, I think). If you don't mind you can put them on the first page in your post, maybe someone is interested. =)


Thanks.. I will add it later..

LanceSalmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

Postby LanceSalmo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Does the subber have there own web page like a live journal, or something? I was hoping to be able to see there progress.. :)

lynn79
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Postby lynn79 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 pm

LanceSalmo wrote:Does the subber have there own web page like a live journal, or something? I was hoping to be able to see there progress.. :)


No, she does not have own webpage.. She just told me few hours ago that she already finished the translation and now she is doing the timing...

LanceSalmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

Postby LanceSalmo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Thank you for the reply. Thats cool thanks to both of u for the subs and the upload, your helping to keep the community alive. :)

Joeshmoe
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 am

Bad Sub

Postby Joeshmoe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:44 am

This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.

kwijaya92
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 am

Postby kwijaya92 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:32 am

thanks for the sub, really appreciate for your hard work.

but i want to ask something, why the sub is a little bit late for me? does any1 has the same problem?hahaha..

thanks

kariena
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Bad Sub

Postby kariena » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 am

Joeshmoe wrote:This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.


why don't you make your own subs?
she is just wanna help everyone to make this drama watchable..

Is this Rules still apply here? ---> http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_34292.htm

You do not bash or otherwise bad mouth another individual or group(s) work.


it's really annoying read something like this..

if you don't like it.. just delete it, and make your own subs.

User avatar
Tony09
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Napoli, Italy

Re: Bad Sub

Postby Tony09 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 am

Joeshmoe wrote:This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.



Sorry Joeshmoe , but you're just stupid. The subtitles are done well enough, then it is to be appreciated that already has subtitled this drama to the delight of many users. Instead of criticizing those who helped subtitles working together or at least mon bitching and thank you for your hard work. Translating a drama of this kind involves a translation is very difficult, in fact, no one other than lynn79 has predominates the project. We just have to thank lynn79 che.porti hoping to complete the project.

User avatar
Murai82
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: Turin, Italy

Postby Murai82 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:04 am

Well, this sub needed some proofreading and QC for sure (timing was fixed by another user), but maybe Joeshmoe was a bit too harsh in his post.
Still, I appreciate your hard work and it's better having subs that need editing than no subs at all. :thumright:

kouta_yanagi
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:48 am

Postby kouta_yanagi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Otsukaresama...~
Hope you will finish sub this series..^^

chan-mokona
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 am

Postby chan-mokona » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks for the sub !

As for Joeshmoe, i agree with other ! The sub may be not 100% perfect but i can understand this drama well thank to this sub ! Maybe there are some fault but it is not so bad !

Thank you for this sub, i really wanted ti watch this ! :D

porkchop
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Postby porkchop » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Thank you for posting and thank your friend for subbing.

lynn79
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Bad Sub

Postby lynn79 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Joeshmoe wrote:This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.


My friend told me because Japanese and English have different grammar, it is very hard to translate it.. and she follows Japanese grammar therefore it is strange in English..

I dont mind if someone want to sub this drama too.. Just because my friend subs it, it does not mean someone cant sub it too.. and if because of my post here, someone decide not to sub it anymore, I can take it down and not to post the subs anymore, but I will not ask my friend to stop the subbing.. I am so glad that she translates this drama for me and I can use her subs just for myself...

User avatar
Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Bad Sub

Postby Drazic » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Joeshmoe wrote:
why don't you make your own subs?
she is just wanna help everyone to make this drama watchable..

Is this Rules still apply here? ---> http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_34292.htm

.


Those are the rules for uploading fansubs. Not for commenting on them. Besides that criticizing fansubs and bashing them aren't the same thing.

Murai82 wrote:Well, this sub needed some proofreading and QC for sure (timing was fixed by another user), but maybe Joeshmoe was a bit too harsh in his post.
Still, I appreciate your hard work and it's better having subs that need editing than no subs at all. :thumright:


Why do people keep saying this? QC isn't just something you can throw at any sub and it'll be fixed. These subs are really, really bad and no amount of QC can fix that. If you're rewriting/retranslating every line it's not QC anymore.

QC should be used as a last resort to catch any problems a competent translator might miss or to provide a second opinion on things. It's not supposed to just fix a broken script. You can't polish a turd.

lynn79 wrote:
My friend told me because Japanese and English have different grammar, it is very hard to translate it.. and she follows Japanese grammar therefore it is strange in English..

I dont mind if someone want to sub this drama too.. Just because my friend subs it, it does not mean someone cant sub it too.. and if because of my post here, someone decide not to sub it anymore, I can take it down and not to post the subs anymore, but I will not ask my friend to stop the subbing.. I am so glad that she translates this drama for me and I can use her subs just for myself...


Then your friend is not doing english subs. The words may be english but if the's using Japanese grammar then it's not english.

And if he/she is really your friend then you should at least tell him to stop wasting his time. He's doing something that will most likely (unless he puts a lot of time into learning english) will never be good. If you're just pretending they're good enough so you can keep on watching the series while pretending they help you understand it then you're not his friend.

User avatar
Murai82
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: Turin, Italy

Re: Bad Sub

Postby Murai82 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Murai82 wrote:Well, this sub needed some proofreading and QC for sure (timing was fixed by another user), but maybe Joeshmoe was a bit too harsh in his post.
Still, I appreciate your hard work and it's better having subs that need editing than no subs at all. :thumright:

Why do people keep saying this? QC isn't just something you can throw at any sub and it'll be fixed. These subs are really, really bad and no amount of QC can fix that. If you're rewriting/retranslating every line it's not QC anymore.

QC should be used as a last resort to catch any problems a competent translator might miss or to provide a second opinion on things. It's not supposed to just fix a broken script. You can't polish a turd.


Drazic, i know, I was only trying to say the same thing more nicely. QC doesn't do miracles, but can improve something for the better for sure.
I admit these subs have many problems, but they're better than nothing for a non japanese speaking viewer. My japanese level allows me to watch this with jap subs, for example, so I admit that I haven't checked them that carefully, but for what I've seen these subs need many corrections. But I always try to say things in the most respectful way, like I have the utmost respect for fansub groups like yours that always do quality work, IMHO.

kariena
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Bad Sub

Postby kariena » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Drazic wrote:
Joeshmoe wrote:
why don't you make your own subs?
she is just wanna help everyone to make this drama watchable..

Is this Rules still apply here? ---> http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_34292.htm

.


Those are the rules for uploading fansubs. Not for commenting on them. Besides that criticizing fansubs and bashing them aren't the same thing.


then what is this? not uploading?

if you really don't want to watch this subs, because it's bad.. why you just criticize it? why don't you make it?

now.. look... i don't know that to posting subs here, you must provide good english subs... high quality subs..just watchable, it's not enough.

so.. you said that this subs doesn't have to continue to post here?
oke...thats it.

you just can criticize it, but not resolve it. you don't give them courage and teach them to make it better..

lynn79 wrote:
Joeshmoe wrote:This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.


My friend told me because Japanese and English have different grammar, it is very hard to translate it.. and she follows Japanese grammar therefore it is strange in English..

I dont mind if someone want to sub this drama too.. Just because my friend subs it, it does not mean someone cant sub it too.. and if because of my post here, someone decide not to sub it anymore, I can take it down and not to post the subs anymore, but I will not ask my friend to stop the subbing.. I am so glad that she translates this drama for me and I can use her subs just for myself...


lyn.. if you really wan't to stop post the subs, please don't..
just posted somewhere... LJ or blog.. so we can see the progress..and let me know...
because i appreciate you make this subs..

LanceSalmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

Postby LanceSalmo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm

I agree with kariena. Please don't stop.. I really want to be able to watch this drama. :)
kariena wrote:
Drazic wrote:
Joeshmoe wrote:
why don't you make your own subs?
she is just wanna help everyone to make this drama watchable..

Is this Rules still apply here? ---> http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_34292.htm

.


Those are the rules for uploading fansubs. Not for commenting on them. Besides that criticizing fansubs and bashing them aren't the same thing.


then what is this? not uploading?

if you really don't want to watch this subs, because it's bad.. why you just criticize it? why don't you make it?

now.. look... i don't know that to posting subs here, you must provide good english subs... high quality subs..just watchable, it's not enough.

so.. you said that this subs doesn't have to continue to post here?
oke...thats it.

you just can criticize it, but not resolve it. you don't give them courage and teach them to make it better..

lynn79 wrote:
Joeshmoe wrote:This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.


My friend told me because Japanese and English have different grammar, it is very hard to translate it.. and she follows Japanese grammar therefore it is strange in English..

I dont mind if someone want to sub this drama too.. Just because my friend subs it, it does not mean someone cant sub it too.. and if because of my post here, someone decide not to sub it anymore, I can take it down and not to post the subs anymore, but I will not ask my friend to stop the subbing.. I am so glad that she translates this drama for me and I can use her subs just for myself...


lyn.. if you really wan't to stop post the subs, please don't..
just posted somewhere... LJ or blog.. so we can see the progress..and let me know...
because i appreciate you make this subs..

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7415
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Postby Keiko1981 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 pm

To put it bluntly.
If you know your English isn't that good, ask for help, get someone to join you as a editor/QC. This would make everyone happier.
And communicate with each other via PM instead of having different folks posting edited versions all over the subtitles thread.
Or someone else sub the dramas(s) as well.
Gifted Ones | Twitter | tumblr | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Gomen Aishiteru, Inochi, Ito-kun A to E, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

User avatar
Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:28 pm
Contact:

Postby Drazic » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Keiko1981 wrote:To put it bluntly.
If you know your English isn't that good, ask for help, get someone to join you as a editor/QC. This would make everyone happier.
And communicate with each other via PM instead of having different folks posting edited versions all over the subtitles thread.
Or someone else sub the dramas(s) as well.


As I said earlier in this thread QC is not meant to fix a broken script and it never will. You have to reach a certain level before QC/editing makes sense to do. And these subs are clearly way below that.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that a bunch of ESL people who barely even speak english are never going to be able to make a good watchable english sub.

If you want the community to grow beyond the few die-hards who can stomach subs like this and think they understand the drama thanks to it then you should definitely not encourage these subs to be posted. It might hurt a bit at first to see quite a lot of drama not getting subbed but in the long run it'll be better for the community and the quality of the subs.

jpfn
Posts: 1716
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:50 pm

Postby jpfn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks for sharing the subs!

torachan2006
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 am
Location: ヨーロッパ

Re: Bad Sub

Postby torachan2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 am

Joeshmoe wrote:This sub is really bad :-( . I know you are just posting it for a friend but please tell them as well.

"(TV) having gun, staying along with the hostage" is not good english. The meaning is wrong and the grammar is bad.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you are not helping by putting out such a bad sub. If you don't speak English well, please either do not create subs, or have someone who speaks English well review it before you finalize it.

By putting this sub here, you have stopped someone else from doing a good sub and made the drama unwatchable for a lot of people.


Hi, Joeshmoe,

are you Japanese? if so, probably you wouldn't need my sub.
First of all, I really don't want to cause any commotion anywhere, and that's I always tried to avoid making sub.
Frst
I do understand the strange sequence I used in my sub, but that is not without reason.
Because I don't live in Japan, I often had to watch Japanese drama with English hardsub. As a person who understand Japanese, English perfect sub could destroy the tense built in a certain scene. It is because Japanese has totally opposite grammar.
For example
acknowledge it ... (long pause) can not.
of course in the correct English grammar I couldn't say I acknowledge it can not, instead I have to say I can not acknowledge it.
It would have been a lot easier for me to use the correct English grammar, but I don't want to ruin the tense. It took longer for me to maintain the Japanese grammar's sequence and use English. But I have chosen to do it my way.

Second
I made it for Lynn, who is a friend of mine for more than 8 years. She understands Japanese to a certain degree. I have told her before, I would like to make a subtitle suitable for her.
So from the very beginning, this sub was meant for someone whose Japanese level is not zero or JLPT 5.

I already doubted her decision to share it, because I really put my heart in helping her, so I don't want to get bashed either.

For those who would like to re-time my subs, please feel free to do so. I'm a full time architect, I don't have much time to recheck anything.

I have finished ep 2. Should I stop her from uploading? I'd still make the sub to the very end, but only for her and not for public anymore.

Lastly, I do hope you could understand my Kindergarten-English-Level explanation.

Have a nice day all, sorry for the commotion I have caused.

Kind regards,
torachan2006

lada5757
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Postby lada5757 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:41 am

Please don't stop post the sub here. I am really appreciate your kindness. It's good enough for me to understand and enjoy the drama. Without the sub I can't enjoy it. Thanks again

axeroth
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 am

Postby axeroth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 am

thanks for your hardowork torachan2006 and lynn79
i hope you continue to sub this series

chan-mokona
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 am

Postby chan-mokona » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 am

Please don't stop posting here !
I really wan-t to Watch this, and without sub i can't !
And i don't care if English grammar is not perfect, i think you are right when you say English and japanese grammar are different, and it's your choice to respect japanese grammar over English ! (Sorry i don't know if what i write is understandable)
So i hope you allow your friend to continue to post here !

User avatar
85lena
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:58 am
Location: Poland

Postby 85lena » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:59 am

torachan2006 I think that most of us don't care about English grammar because now we can understand this drama (for me the best drama in this season) so I hope that you allow post yous subs in this site.

I watched 1st ep with my friends and we would like thank you for your hard work!


Return to “Subtitles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shunlabs and 21 guests