Garasu no Kamen (Glass Mask) [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Garasu no Kamen (Glass Mask) [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby awrittensin » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:28 am

You can find subtitles for Glass Mask II here.
I have the Glass Mask Special Ending and still plan on releasing it. Please be patient. I am busy with other projects at the moment.

These subs are zipped and in .sub file format, made with DVIaD Subtitler, and these files can be viewed in BSplayer, or if you have VOBsub installed they will play that way in Windows Media Player, as well.

ATTENTION users who have had trouble with the timing of these subtitles!

The timing on these subtitles are correct. I know because I time them manually, by myself, and rewatch the episode to ensure accuracy. Just lately a handful of people have mentioned timing latencies in this and other projects of mine. It might have to do with people switching to newer media players that aren't compatible with .sub files.

If you tried to convert the .sub file to a .srt file, there may be problems with the timing based on the different file formats. The solution for this is to open the file, and change the first line from {1}{1}25.000 to {1}{1}29.970.

If you are a Mac user, another member posted a solution with screenshots here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtitles for discs 1 - 8 (all) are available. Please read my translation notes that accompany the sub files.
Attachments
Glass Mask Subs 1-8 Complete.zip
Glass Mask subs 1 - 8 completed
(104.33 KiB) Downloaded 30794 times
Last edited by awrittensin on Tue May 16, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Yadirs

Postby Yadirs » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:11 am

Thank you very much for those subs... :wub:
..:: F4 & Ito Hideaki ADDICTED ::..
Watching => [Gung] [ISWAK] [HyD 2nd season]
http://www.drama-italiancafe.net/

pingki

Postby pingki » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:07 am

HI, just want to say thanks for the sub :) as for ep08 Season 1 I got the eps u guys are looking for, however mine is about 704mb unlike the ones on d-addict which is smaller, and it doesnt sync with my VCD set as well, but if you want ep08 I can send it via mirc only :( -- I've got 2 sets but so far I only try to put ep08 on my HD with no problem, not sure about the rest, however Im willing to help but only able to send via mirc, then one of you can help seed on bittorent here on d-addict.

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:50 am

First of all: THANK YOU awrittensin!!!
Wow, english subs, great great great!!! I'm so happy! :w00t:

Also, want to thank pingki too! :mrgreen:
I have just get mirc, but don't know how it works :P
If you can teach me how to receive the file, I will be glad to uplaod the torrent and seeding the episode! *o*

nadeshikoambre

Postby nadeshikoambre » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:52 pm

Thank you awrittensin !! :-) It seem to take a lot of your time to make those sub I'm going to enjoy, so thanks you for your hard work !! In the same day, sub for episode 1 and may be the last missing episode !!! :w00t: What a day !!

gnoma

Postby gnoma » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:06 pm

ooo thank you :dance:

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:21 pm

awrittensin I just finished to watch GM 1 with your subs, OMG THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the hardwork!!! :wub:

For the last cd, cross your fingers, maybe there's a solution ^_-

Su

Postby Su » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:30 pm

Thank you very much awrittensin :mrgreen:
I know how to download file by MIRC but dont know how to make a torrent file to upload file to d-addicts :P .
Pingki, can you join #t4v irc.irchighway.net , we can transfer file there :D
And would you teach me how to make a torrent file so i can upload this serie unlimited :D

yinki

Postby yinki » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:59 pm

thank you, I'm in the process of watching the anime so thank alot for taking ur time and subbing this drama for us. We really appreciate it and please keep it up.

pingki

Postby pingki » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:12 pm

Su wrote:Thank you very much awrittensin :mrgreen:
I know how to download file by MIRC but dont know how to make a torrent file to upload file to d-addicts :P .
Pingki, can you join #t4v irc.irchighway.net , we can transfer file there :D
And would you teach me how to make a torrent file so i can upload this serie unlimited :D

sure, I'll send it in mirc, but I don't know how to make a torrent too, maybe after youre done you can ask someone here to help with that :)

pingki

Postby pingki » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:14 pm

anneyuu wrote:First of all: THANK YOU awrittensin!!!
Wow, english subs, great great great!!! I'm so happy! :w00t:

Also, want to thank pingki too! :mrgreen:
If you can teach me how to receive the file, I will be glad to uplaod the torrent and seeding the episode! *o*

I can use it but Im not much of a "teaching" person, however there is a guide you might want to have a look :) http://www.questie.com/manga

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:07 am

pingki wrote:
anneyuu wrote:Also, want to thank pingki too! :mrgreen:

I can use it but Im not much of a "teaching" person, however there is a guide you might want to have a look :) http://www.questie.com/manga

Thank you! ^^

Su

Postby Su » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:39 pm

I'm receiving Glass Mask ep 8 from Pingki :D I will upload it here soon for you to sub it :mrgreen: Thank you awrittensin for subing this lovely drama :wub:

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:21 am

Thank you all very much -

I just want to make sure that it's Disc 8 that is being uploaded, not episode 8... since The Glass Mask eps that anneyuu has been uploading was from a VCD set, Disc 1 contains eps 1 and most of 2, Disc 2 contains ep 2 and 3, so on. Therefore we already have episode 8, what we need will be the final disc, containing the final two episodes.

Just want to make sure that's what we're getting. :lol
As for the subs, I'm very close to posting subs for Disc 2 - I have a few places that I need to figure out first before I post it, so it might be a few days. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have it posted, so keep a look out, everyone!

pingki

Postby pingki » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:55 am

Yes is it DISC 8 and not ep08. I'm sending to Su DISC 8 as well but I suppose we call it ep08 since there are 8 discs and assume that it's ep08. I've got two Season, each season 8 DISC, I thikn it's the exact same set you guys are uploading, my first disc contains nearly 2 eps as well.

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:25 am

That's really great, I'm so happy.
I've changed the titles of my torrent tracks from "ep" to "disc", that's better. Don't know why it doesn't change once opened the topic. Hum...

I've also added your link, awrittensin, to this topic for new members who want to downlaod the first disc. (btw, have you got my PM?)

Su, can you wait until I post the 7th disc? Will do it in a few days.

pingki, do you have the second season to?!?!?! Wow! :wub:

pingki

Postby pingki » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:11 am

I'm still sending to Su which still take awhile, should be done by tomorrow, and YES I've got Season 2 as well, not sure if I can get them on my HD, but I think it should be ok. Got to try to make sure first :P [ i got the special as well (2disc)]

Su

Postby Su » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:30 pm

Got disc 8 done :mrgreen: I wil wait anneyuu to upload disc 7 first.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:43 pm

anneyuu, I didn't get a PM from you :-(

and I just would like to let everyone know that if the second season gets posted, I definitely want to work on subbing it as well!

I've taken screenshots of the few parts I couldn't catch for Disc 2 and have sent them to my mother-in-law (she's Chinese) so as soon as she replies to me I can finish Disc 2 and post the subs for that.

In the meantime I have started a script for Disc 3 and am about half-way through.

Thank you everyone who is trying to spread Glass Mask to other viewers! :wub:

Su

Postby Su » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:08 am

:D Thank awrittensin who is trying so hard to sub this serie.
Sub season 2 as well :wub: *Happy* :mrgreen:
Hope pingki will continue sending me season 2

pingki

Postby pingki » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:25 am

I think it might be best to send DVD-R to whoever willing to upload as my internet just got capped to 7k >.> , I donno if any of u guys willing to upload and dont mind giving me ur address to send Im happy to burn Season 2 out.

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:03 pm

awrittensin, I get some connecting problems sending a pm to you, that's why I asked you about it. I wasn't sure it reached you. And it doesn't v_v. Wanted simply let you know I added your link. :P Maybe I should change the title of the topic of 1st disc and add "eng subs" too...
Again, thank you very much for all the hard work you have done, you're doing and you're going to do for us. You're an angel of generosity!

Su I've just uploaded disc 7 ^^ Wait until the majority finish downloding it and, please be so kind to upload the 8th =)
For every info aboud make and upload a torrent file, there is a section in this forum =) But if you need any help, feel free to ask me.

pingki, you're really kind! I would be the one, but I live in Italy, do you think it'd be ok for you to send them to me? If yes, I'll pm you with my address. Or if you prefer to send them to Su (if Su agrees), it's perfectly ok with me.
Last edited by anneyuu on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Su

Postby Su » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:12 pm

Because you will go to VN in 2 weeks, you can send me those dvdsto HCM city , so i can upload them. :-) Well, i think you want to see if i can upload disc 8 or not then you will decide to send those to me or not.

pingki

Postby pingki » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:09 pm

I'll tried to copy them to my HD first, if it's ok I'll send to both of u to help seed. Doesnt matter where u live i think it's not expensive to send 2 dvd-r :) I'll put in the Special as well.

Su if u prefer to get it in the next 2 weeks it's fine with me too, even postage is cheap too so which ever is fine with me :)

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:39 pm

pingki wrote:I'll tried to copy them to my HD first, if it's ok I'll send to both of u to help seed. Doesnt matter where u live i think it's not expensive to send 2 dvd-r :) I'll put in the Special as well.

You're very very kind. :-)
Thanks a lot. Going to send a pm to you =D
Thaaaaaaaaanks!

I agree with you, if we can be two at seeding the same ep in the same time it will be finer. Most if we think that I'm in Iltaly and Su is in Vietnan, we can cover different times (cos I've to turn my pc off in the night) and maybe the file will be online always.
Last edited by anneyuu on Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Su

Postby Su » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:26 am

Thank you pingki :D
Then i will PM you my address, :P i want to upload season 2 asap :D

pingki

Postby pingki » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:03 am

Hmm, like i told u guys before that I have to tried to put all those eps on HD to make sure its ok, however I just tried the first eps and it can copy to HD but the last 15 mins it wont play and keep either turn off, or restart from the beginning. So maybe no hope for season 2 ?

Su

Postby Su » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:06 pm

:-( Can you try with another DVD/CD-ROM ? Maybe because of that....

pingki

Postby pingki » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:03 pm

well it's not the dvd/cd drive fault, its the file. i tried with all player but say about 18mins it stopped and start from beginning again. I dont think anyone can do anything about it unless it's the original CD, which I dont have .

Su

Postby Su » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:34 pm

Thank you pingki, you've tried hard
:-( Hope in the near future, there will be somene as kind as you that willing too upload season 2 and special :idea:

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:31 pm

Disc 2 subs are uploaded, everyone! Check the first post in this thread, I updated it. I'm now trying to complete Disc 3.

As for Season 2, it's a shame it didn't work out.... where did you get it from in the first place? I'd be willing to buy it. I don't think we'll get a satisfying ending from this season. :| In any case, like I said before I'd love to sub the second season as well.

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:35 pm

pingki wrote:well it's not the dvd/cd drive fault, its the file. i tried with all player but say about 18mins it stopped and start from beginning again. I dont think anyone can do anything about it unless it's the original CD, which I dont have.

Don't worry pingki, it's not your fault U__U
Have you maybe tried also the special? ...maybe someone's get the second series but I've never seen the special... anywhere U_U

Well, anyway don't worry. As Su already said you've tried hard! :-) THANKS

awrittensin, thanks a lot for the second vcd subs file! I'm really really happy.. it makes my day! :lol It's true, it's wonderful to undestand them. thanks again!!!

Yadirs

Postby Yadirs » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:58 pm

Thanks a lot to all of you that have been working hard in order to allow us to see this beautiful drama at its best. :wub:
..:: F4 & Ito Hideaki ADDICTED ::..
Watching => [Gung] [ISWAK] [HyD 2nd season]
http://www.drama-italiancafe.net/

pingki

Postby pingki » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:42 am

even tho it's the SPECIAL but when I watch it , its like continue from S2, and it also show the ending of the drama, which still follow the manga but it end there, while the manga still continue. I think it will be spoiler to watch the Special without watching S2.

Su

Postby Su » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:40 am

:D If we can't have season 2, special eps are good enough :P

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:08 am

Is there any place to buy Season 2?

pingki

Postby pingki » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:39 am

like i said, the Special is like another eps continue from S2, it's not like a movie or anything like that, if u guys still want that i'll try to put in my HD see if it works, then i can send it. but i really think its' best to watch S2 before the Special if u dont want any spoiler as the Special is like the last ep of Glass Mask and not something which is like a movie :)

pingki

Postby pingki » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:40 am

awrittensin wrote:Is there any place to buy Season 2?

I have no idea :unsure:

Deda

Postby Deda » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:04 pm

thnaks for the subs you guys... I'll be back online with dsl next week to seed the other episodes alright?

Su

Postby Su » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:43 pm

:O That's mean you have the Glass Mask Season 2 ? :w00t:

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:49 pm

Okay, I just watched the last Disc of season 1.. you guys, we HAVE to find a working version of Season 2 or I might seriously die. The ending was good but not satisfying... let's all work together to find it and upload it!!

:w00t:

Su

Postby Su » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:28 pm

:roll don't know where t buy it .

azngurl0088

Postby azngurl0088 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:22 am

I download the english sub, but how do open the file. it in zip file and when I tried to open it, it says that it not supported and it a unknown file. What should I do?
Thanks

pingki

Postby pingki » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 am

Im not sure u can get it anywhere now becoz i got this from a trade a few years ago :-(

pingki

Postby pingki » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:52 am

azngurl0088 wrote:I download the english sub, but how do open the file. it in zip file and when I tried to open it, it says that it not supported and it a unknown file. What should I do?
Thanks

You have to use winrar to unzip it first.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:43 am

Everyone, I have completed Disc 3 and uploaded it. Check the first post.

Enjoy! Now I have started Disc 4.

Su

Postby Su » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:02 am

:w00t: Thank you, awrittensin :wub:

azngurl0088

Postby azngurl0088 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:42 pm

I did that but it says it probably damaged or in an unknown format that cannot be open.

pingki

Postby pingki » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:09 pm

hmm download again and unzip it again, coz i just try and it's works for me.

azngurl0088

Postby azngurl0088 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:52 pm

T-T What should i do then? I really want to download and watch this series. Well, what win......(whatever how it spells) program did you use, and can you give me the url to download that program? Thanks

Su

Postby Su » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:38 am

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FFQBOAMB861V21PU6QAJRWE99
Here , Winrar 3.10 :-) Download this , azngurl0088

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:44 am

Bwaaaaaaaaa pure joy :wub: Thanks once more awrittensin!

azngurl0088

Postby azngurl0088 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:02 am

Thanks a lot Su!!! I'm gonna download the series later when my comp isn't slow like right now :cry: Thanks again!! I'll post again if it works or not. :D

azngurl0088

Postby azngurl0088 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:46 am

thanks for the winrar file. I download and open it, and......well........it doesn't quite open for the english sub that is... Are you supposed to download the raw version or something? :lol

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:27 am

I had a lot of time off this weekend so I have completed Disc 4. Here it is, and I will add a link to the first post, as well.
Last edited by awrittensin on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Su

Postby Su » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:22 am

:D Thank you so much, awrittensin . LOVE YOU :wub:

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:54 pm

Bwaaa, CHU! :lol
Thanks forever awrittensin, you're our angel... or maybe our kurenai tennyo? Bwa ah ah , just kidding, just kidding!!!! :P

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:28 am

Completed Disc 5, here it is everyone. Also added a link to it in the first post. Enjoy! I've begun work on Disc 6.

And as I said before, if anyone can find a working copy of Season 2 and the special, I'll definitely sub it.
Last edited by awrittensin on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Su

Postby Su » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:37 pm

:w00t: Thank you , awrittensin :wub:
Hope there will be Glass no kamen season 2

anneyuu

Postby anneyuu » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:40 pm

woooooooow, domo arigatou!!! Thanks a lot!!! so fast! ^^

tofucity

Postby tofucity » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:05 pm

Thank you..arigatooooo.....I'm a big fan of this comic...and now I can see the film....thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for uploading, seeding, and subbing this series.... :notworthy:

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:44 pm

Hey everyone! This is kinda off-topic, but since it's related to Glass Mask I think it's okay. There is a group of people who are translating the Glass Mask manga into English by scanning in the pages from the manga, airbrushing out the Japanese and typing in the English translations. For anyone who doesn't have access to the manga, or can't read Japanese, this is pretty helpful. I thought you guys would be interested. http://mangasync.org

To bring things on topic, I've noticed some errors in the previous discs of Glass Mask that I've subbed, so when I finish 6, 7, and 8 and compile the .zip files into one large file containing 1-8, I'll include revised versions of everything, so please make sure you replace those files.

Su

Postby Su » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:46 am

Thank you for telling us this , awrittensin
Gd please send us some kind sul wh has the Seasn too and upload it :lol

Cleo

Postby Cleo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:43 pm

I was first fond of the anime GnK who was broadcasted in France long long time ago, then I learned about the manga and I was crazy about it, and now thanks to your subs I'm completely addicted to the drama!! :lol
Suzue Miuchi Sensei, please give us a good ending for the manga (I wouldn't mind Maya and Masumi together :wub: )!!!
Again, thanks a lot for your hard work :w00t:

usagi77777772003

Glass mask episodes

Postby usagi77777772003 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:27 am

Does anyone know of any clubboxes that have this series? Because my twin sister's really bugging about it -she wants to see it so badly.

animemaniagirl

Postby animemaniagirl » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:02 pm

Can someone help me? I downloaded the file for disc one fine and I have the BSplayer but when I tried to open the file it says there's an error opening the file. I wonder what's wrong?

hi-chan

Postby hi-chan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:45 pm

maybe I'm too stupid but where can I find the episode of glass no kamen? :-(

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05 am

hi-chan and animemaniagirl:

At the top of your screen you should see a button that says "Torrent." Click it and in the search field type "Glass Mask" and all the discs should come up. Download and start the torrent. When the episode that you want is finished, open BSplayer and hit the button that looks like eject. Choose the Glass Mask video file you want to play. Next, hit the button on the BSplayer that looks like a little window with an 's' next to it. Open my subtitle file that corresponds to the video file you want to watch. (this thread only has my subs, it doesn't have the actual video files here.)

Any further difficulties you might have could be due to a bad download - try to re-download the files and try again. I hope I helped you guys!

And for an update: I'll have some time this weekend so I can hopefully get Disc 6 finished up. :-)

meiko_avalon

help!

Postby meiko_avalon » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:35 am

hihi awrittensin,
i did as u said and downloaded BSplayer to play the file but for some reason it jsut doesn't work!!!:cry:

could u tell me what u think im doing wrong??

thanks from a desperate Glass Mask fan

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby awrittensin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:56 am

meiko avalon, other than what I posted above, I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe try to read some FAQs on this site about torrents, or google for troubleshooting guides for BSplayer.

In any case, Disc 6 is completed, and a link will also be added to the first post. Enjoy, everyone!
Last edited by awrittensin on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Su

Postby Su » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:15 pm

I love you , awrittensin :wub:
Thank you for your hardwork :-)

Cleo

Postby Cleo » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:55 pm

wow disc 6 is out, thanks so much!! :wub: You're making really good subs, thanks for your hard work, and shame to those who don't credit you for it... :glare:

krazeealiens

YAY!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

Postby krazeealiens » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:43 am

YAY YAY YAY... i know it said subbed chinese/english... but all i saw was chinese so i was wondering wat was goin on... then i saw u had the wat i thought was the translations... so i dled it and read it... then watched it or vis versa... but when i was done reading it i would delete it... then i thought i should watch and read at the same time... so i put the "translations" in the same folder as my series... but then when i started watching it later... i found SUBTITLES....yay... lol YAY.... thanks a lot for the subbing ::::awrittensin:::: ur the absolute best... BEST BEST BEST BEST THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

mikomi

Postby mikomi » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:02 pm

Thanks a lot for subbing this drama, awrittensin ^_^ Glass Mask is one of my favorite manga and I'm just soo soo happy to see the live version of it :w00t: Thanks again for the hard work!! I really appreciate it :-)
Watching: JIN, Ohitorisama, Liar Game 2

kaoru

new Glass Mask anime series

Postby kaoru » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:50 pm

I've just found out about the drama and am waiting eagerly for the first disk to download. Thank you so much for making the subs.

There is a new anime series of Glass Mask just beginning in Japan, scheduled for 52 episodes. So far, I like it a lot. I think the voice-acting and animation are quite effective, and convey the emotions well. Torrents for the first two episodes are available (without subtitles) at tokyotosho.com. Search for "garasu no kamen". The first two episodes of the 1985 anime are also available there, fansubbed, as "glass mask". For those who can read Chinese, there are fansubs of the new anime available at greedland.net.

The manga has been translated (non-commercially) and is available online at mangasync.org

Return to “Subtitles”