The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
monkhoous

Postby monkhoous » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:31 am

So you mean I will download at 30-50 for while and the speed will increase and the points will be deducted please help me download fast!

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby DarReNz » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:07 am

everyone's having a clubbox nowadays :glare:
Watching :- All In [5/24], 1% of Anything [18/26]
Working On :- Summer I Love You | Clubbox

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Touya » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:23 am

DarReNz wrote:everyone's having a clubbox nowadays :glare:

lol, it was a big mistake by nowcom to open up to foreign users, imo =p
독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

piyota
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby piyota » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:27 am

Hehe, I think so,too . I asked my korean friend to did the sign up foe me. A week later, they open it for every1 . A week later, download & upload rate decreases greatly ( especially upload, i only got 20 KB/s now). Well .....

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Touya » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:31 am

piyota wrote:Hehe, I think so,too . I asked my korean friend to did the sign up foe me. A week later, they open it for every1 . A week later, download & upload rate decreases greatly ( especially upload, i only got 20 KB/s now). Well .....

Wow, I didn't think you'd agree with me. ^^;
Yeah, the download/upload speed's been crappy these days, but I don't use clubbox much for downloading, so it's not that big of a deal for me. But it is for you guys, I guess. Did you see how many new boxes opened the past few days? I bet there are over a hundred new ones by now (most of them with the same stuff). ^^;
I've stopped posting on the soompi clubbox thread because the number of questions/links posted nowadays is just ridiculous. Everyone wants to become gold right away. =/
I didn't get gold on my first inspection, but luckily, got it on the second (few days ago). It's not that easy to manage a clubbox or getting it to gold, for that matter.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mangosteen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:17 am

Touya wrote:
piyota wrote:Hehe, I think so,too . I asked my korean friend to did the sign up foe me. A week later, they open it for every1 . A week later, download & upload rate decreases greatly ( especially upload, i only got 20 KB/s now). Well .....

Wow, I didn't think you'd agree with me. ^^;
Yeah, the download/upload speed's been crappy these days, but I don't use clubbox much for downloading, so it's not that big of a deal for me. But it is for you guys, I guess. Did you see how many new boxes opened the past few days? I bet there are over a hundred new ones by now (most of them with the same stuff). ^^;
I've stopped posting on the soompi clubbox thread because the number of questions/links posted nowadays is just ridiculous. Everyone wants to become gold right away. =/
I didn't get gold on my first inspection, but luckily, got it on the second (few days ago). It's not that easy to manage a clubbox or getting it to gold, for that matter.

That's right, Touya. I don't wanna set up a clubbox and then can't make it gold. I know if I have a box, I cannot manage it. So many clubboxes are out there these days. Guess the people who wanna download things are getting confused. When you get so many choices, you will get confused :roll

BT-Slut

Postby BT-Slut » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Ok. I'll admit it. I'm a convert.

Clubboxes are quite useful. They're basically like a personal ftp dumpsite.

But I wonder how it is that they can serve out this amount of data from one server and not charge downloaders for it? Anyone know how the business is structured to earn a profit? There's nothing inherently new or special about Clubboxes vs a tradional http/ftp server but what does amaze me is the current lack of fee assessment for the downloaders or uploaders.

I'm getting Love Story at H and will get Nine Tail Fox from these Clubboxes. While it's definitely slower than a well seeded torrent, it's definitely nice to be able to queue up 16 700mb files and just let it download until it's all done.

lavendersky

Postby lavendersky » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:58 am

PinkieJosie wrote:can some1 pretty pleaseee help me wif signing up an account im not 4rm korea so i dun have da SSN# ding..da link to teaching us how 2 make an account is dead i realla want to finish mai dld for LIP in mukolove thanks!!!

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=341343
^ check out this tutorial.

credits to Me2@ soompi
Currently watching: Bambino!, Proposal Daisakusen, Sexy Voice & Robo :wub:

BT-Slut

Postby BT-Slut » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:09 am

hmm.. I'm not sure if this is disclosed or not but I strongly suspect clubbox is using a form of BT technology to force downloaders to upload at the same time they are downloading.

I was just downloading some files from clubbox and it made my normal net connection slow to a crawl. I thought that was strange. After some further checking, it seems clubbox is sending out data to people from all over the world (netstat command). It doesn't seem to always do this but many times it does. It does not limit the amount of upload bandwidth used so it saturated my pipe and everything else came to a stand still.

Has this already been disclosed? Am I barking up a tree already climbed on many times?

Saki>^.^<

Postby Saki>^.^< » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:49 am

Kaila wrote:hello i recently got a username/password on clubbox and was trying to get into lollol101. I seem to be getting an error and I saw that its supposedly "protected". Does that mean I can't get in his/her clubbox? I'm kinda confused if a protected clubboxes is different from members only clubboxes. Is there some sort of waiting period before I can get in? coz i just registered now. :roll

Or am i just doing something wrong? :lo

That's just asking you if you want to be a memeber of that clubbox. All you have to do is click the button on the left and you can download from that clubbox all you want ^_^

And I got a PM about this, and I thought everyone should know about this. I know I already told people about this, but I thought the pictures would be helpful. This tutorial was written by Me2 of soompi:

Hey, I made a tutorial for how to join clubbox for oversea people.
Step 1: Go to either http://clubbox.co.kr or a clubbox link

OR

Step 2: Next, you'll want to register as 'oversea'
Step 3: This page should load after you click on the 'oversea' button
Step 4: Fill out the form. You'll have to retype your password
these 3 following pics show the names of the countries Clubbox listed. Select the one where you live in

Step 5: Double check to see if everything is correct. Be sure to write down your password retrieval code
Step 6: You can either sign in now or later
hope it helps out a lot of people because i know how much of a pain it is to not be able to get a download from a certain clubbox without an ID and password

anyways, if there's a mistake with my translation, let me know...since i don't read or speak korean, i used the babelfish translator to help me, so there might be some mistakes
**NEW**
since a lot of people have been asking for it, i've created a page on how to upload to clubbox...go here

*Again all credit goes to Me2 of soompi.com. I didn't write this, I'm just sharing with you guys. I just don't want to get yelled at for like "plagiarizing" or something :P

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby DarReNz » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:03 am

you still need to create your box ......

Saki>^.^<

Postby Saki>^.^< » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:28 am

DarReNz wrote:you still need to create your box ......

Oh, Me2 also mad a tutorial on how to make a clubbox and upload files to it.

Since a lot of people have been asking me, I've decided to make a tutorial for it
Step 1: First off, you'll need to create your Clubbox. Although you have your clubbox ID, you don't have a box yet. Log on to your name at http://www.clubbox.co.kr
Step 2: You will see this page.

Scroll down until you see this
Step 3: Fill out the form
Step 4:
Step 5: After that, you should be taken to your Clubbox
Step 6: You'll be taken to this page. You can either choose to change it or leave it as it is
Step 7: Go down and click on the 5th button. It will take you to this page
Step 8: You can either create more folders or go back to your clubbox
Step 9:
Step 10:
Step 11:
Step 12:
Step 13:
Once the file is uploaded/uploading, it will appear on your page

To upload more later on, repeat Steps 9-13

*Again Me2 wrote this tutorial, not me. Creditz go to Me2 of soompi.com :D

kukuri wrote:No, you don't have to create a box. I read it in ajune's blogspot. 8)

Yes, that is true. :mrgreen:

amicus

Postby amicus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:16 pm

BT-Slut wrote:hmm.. I'm not sure if this is disclosed or not but I strongly suspect clubbox is using a form of BT technology to force downloaders to upload at the same time they are downloading.

I was just downloading some files from clubbox and it made my normal net connection slow to a crawl. I thought that was strange. After some further checking, it seems clubbox is sending out data to people from all over the world (netstat command). It doesn't seem to always do this but many times it does. It does not limit the amount of upload bandwidth used so it saturated my pipe and everything else came to a stand still.

Has this already been disclosed? Am I barking up a tree already climbed on many times?

i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.

so much for the cost of that bandwidth they're using when you were discussing their business plan. its our own!

BT-Slut

Postby BT-Slut » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:35 pm

amicus wrote:
i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.

so much for the cost of that bandwidth they're using when you were discussing their business plan. its our own!

Yeah, I got DUmeter setup too and I see the uploading. This annoys me because it wasn't disclosed--at least I wasn't aware of it. In itself, it's no different than emule or BT, so uploadig is alright with me but I would have wanted to know beforehand.

I originally thought Clubbox would free people from being harrased as they'd only be downloading and not uploading, but that idea goes out the door with this discovery.

So be careful folks. Clubboxes are just like BT torrents. If you're donwloading, there's a very good possibility you're also uploading that same file to someone else. And this uploading can cause you problems in almost every country of the world.

Consider yourselves warned.

busyizzy

Postby busyizzy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:44 pm

BT-Slut wrote:

Yeah, I found that out too late. >.>;; My school has a bandwidth limit of 2 gigs, but I wasn;t aware clubbox uploads. A lot. If I had known that, I woulda just used BT since I can control uploads on that. I definately went over my limit and got warned from my school as a result of this. >.>

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:07 am

busyizzy wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:

Yeah, I found that out too late. >.>;; My school has a bandwidth limit of 2 gigs, but I wasn;t aware clubbox uploads. A lot. If I had known that, I woulda just used BT since I can control uploads on that. I definately went over my limit and got warned from my school as a result of this. >.>

No wonder! When I had originally downloaded Clubbox, I had asked Touya where all the upload bandwidth came from since it didn't seem like I was using my own. At the time, I couldn't see how they were profiting from allowing people to use their bandwidth to download korean dramas. o_O I guess in the end, it all boils down to a p2p network.

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby bone-doll » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:10 am

Lol. Maybe I subscribed to the clubbox after I got that message as well. :unsure: I'm not really sure what I do. I have a very bad memory. :D

toxicblood wrote:Thankz alot for your reply :lol However, until now it hasnt disappeared yet and im really desparate about it coz it's the only site I found that have all english series I've been looking for :cry:

Anyone can help me out???

Some other clubboxes with english tv shows are:
http://clubbox.co.kr/dazunda
http://clubbox.co.kr/oneday1
http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder
http://clubbox.co.kr/kama2004
http://clubbox.co.kr/wangja
http://clubbox.co.kr/daroyah
-- the last time I checked.

Maybe you'll find whatever you're looking for at these clubboxes. :D

Jem

Postby Jem » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:42 am

i'm having great difficulty to upload thru BT lately and had some bad exchange in the phone with my ISP tech support, where it is so obvious they had some port filtering or stumping (from specific hr of a day) when I can upload at full speed using IRC DCC send to the same person in the peer list but 0-1kb/s when I'm using BT at some hr of the day.

So I was thinking to use yousendit.com then I recall some folks mention clubbox to me (if i want to dl stuff). I brushed that idea aside as i do not d/l stuff at all.. then i realise maybe i could upload to it and folks can get it from there instead of bt-ing where most r too unwilling to upload their fair share.

thks to some help from Darenz n searching thru googles i finally found out how to sign up account & create box http://clubbox.co.kr/encodes

i have tried uploading but the final popup window went blank after file selection to upload n was unable to run the clubbox app. the notebook is win xp home edition n using ie 6.0. if anyone could advise/help. thanks.

*edit
i've called the isp tech again and this time i got some 'new' info. to set my IE proxy to the isp proxy proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080 etc, it is working now.

lastly i hope everyone is ok with me moving all new release to the clubbox.

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ay_link » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:08 am

^ wow, Jem has a clubbox too? :D :D that's awesome!! :D :D
i had problems also when downloading "wish upon a star" episode 3-4 from bittorrent... it takes about 100something hours and they're still not done :blink

that would be great if we could download Jem's releases thru clubbox in the future :-)

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:45 am

Are there any clubboxes around dedicated to Japanese variety and music shows such as Music Station, Hey Hey Hey, Utaban, Countdown TV, SmapxSmap, Pu Suma, D no Arashi, Gakkou e Ikou, London Boots/Hearts, etc.? I'm looking for all of those shows from 2003 until the current (as much as I can get), but it's really difficult to torrent all of that stuff because the seeds die if/when I find a few of them ;______; Even any other sources to buy or trade would be appreciated too. I'm hard up for my varieties :cry:
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Touya » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:12 am

neonkinpatsu wrote:Are there any clubboxes around dedicated to Japanese variety and music shows such as Music Station, Hey Hey Hey, Utaban, Countdown TV, SmapxSmap, Pu Suma, D no Arashi, Gakkou e Ikou, London Boots/Hearts, etc.? I'm looking for all of those shows from 2003 until the current (as much as I can get), but it's really difficult to torrent all of that stuff because the seeds die if/when I find a few of them ;______; Even any other sources to buy or trade would be appreciated too. I'm hard up for my varieties :cry:

There is one, but only regular members or higher can download from it. It requires a complicated process to go through to become one if you aren't Korean. You have to go to its club website, earn 200+ points there (must have registered for over a week) and then request. >____<

P.S. It opens for associate members on the weekend (in Korea). PM me on irc, and I'll tell you it.

chiyoaiki

Postby chiyoaiki » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:30 am

amicus wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:hmm.. I'm not sure if this is disclosed or not but I strongly suspect clubbox is using a form of BT technology to force downloaders to upload at the same time they are downloading.

Thanks for letting us know. Is it only the file you're downloading that is being uploaded (like bt) or all the files in that folder (like edonkey)?

marigold99

MANY THANKS FOR CLUBBOX REGISTRATION

Postby marigold99 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:17 pm

Personally I want to thank everyone here for sharing their tips and guidance in clubbox registration. Especially so to Saki<^.^> and most of all ME2 for coming out with such detailed tutorial that I've successfully created an account. Without your guidance I would never have made it and still be logging in under somebody id and password. It's a wonderful feeling as if I've obtained a greencard and no longer illegal. Without doubt your work alone has benefitted lots of non-korean.

T H A N K Y O U N B E S T R E G A R D S

:D :wub:

BadChase

Postby BadChase » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:43 pm

Hi! I just noticed this thread and I must say thanks to Me2 for doing that superb tutorial and a big thanks to Saki who provided it to us! Helped a lot. I'm just wondering one thing, how is your upload speed to yor Clubbox, mine is like 3-5 kb/s and I promise I can upload a lot faster. Any tips or ideas?

kitty_l

Postby kitty_l » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:20 am

is there a way to resume downloads? because it seems to redownload frm teh beggining

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Postby Kai Lien » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:31 am

yes you can resume dl. press the play button or maybe load up the file again...

what i cant figure out is how to resume uploading! :x

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:01 am

Kai Lien wrote:yes you can resume dl. press the play button or maybe load up the file again...

what i cant figure out is how to resume uploading! :x

yes!!!!!!!!!!! i have the same exact problem. sometimes my connection disconnects and reconnects automatically. but the upload would pause and impossible to resume uploading. so i would have to start on a new upload. is there any way to resume a paused upload? :-(

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby DarReNz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:58 am

hmm i think it can only be resumed if it was paused ..... because while uploading, i rebooted my computer and had to reupload the same file again ......

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:11 am

i know this happened to someone before...over at soompi, i think. but this is the first time this happened for me. my internet connection suddenly disconnected and reconnected again. and all of a sudden i could upload 2 files at a time. but at very slow speed....and the speed slowly continues to decrease.
now instead of at 16 KB and 7 KB, it's uploading at 10 KB and 6 KB. this is driving me crazy, the upload rates. it seems to fluctuate randomly. it could be uploading at 100-164 KB for a few files, than all of a sudden at 1-6 KB~:glare:

innocentchica

Postby innocentchica » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:26 am

^^ Hmm I don't know anything about the uploading speed... but for some reason, my download speed has decreased by half in the past week... I used to download at around 30kb/s or around the high 2 but now it just remains at 16k/s or lower. Has that happened to anyone else? :unsure:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:43 am

innocentchica wrote:^^ Hmm I don't know anything about the uploading speed... but for some reason, my download speed has decreased by half in the past week... I used to download at around 30kb/s or around the high 2 but now it just remains at 16k/s or lower. Has that happened to anyone else? :unsure:

that happens to me, too. but it usually resolves itself when i go to a different clubbox and download from there. and the speed usually goes back up to 20-40 KBs or so.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby Jannah » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:22 am

Anybody noticed this quirkiness about the Clubbox download client: The average speed shows up as 1-4 KB/s, but the download is actually going faster than that. :unsure: It's been that way to me lately. The client will display some snail-ish speed, but the next thing I know, the download is complete. :crazy:

shigehiro

Postby shigehiro » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:00 pm

lilswtangel wrote:
innocentchica wrote:^^ Hmm I don't know anything about the uploading speed... but for some reason, my download speed has decreased by half in the past week... I used to download at around 30kb/s or around the high 2 but now it just remains at 16k/s or lower. Has that happened to anyone else? :unsure:

that happens to me, too. but it usually resolves itself when i go to a different clubbox and download from there. and the speed usually goes back up to 20-40 KBs or so.

same thing happened to me. For the past few days, I only managed to get max of 2. kbs. =(

tonami

clubbox download speed

Postby tonami » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:18 pm

I noticed that download speed shown in clubbox is 'average' speed for the file.

For example,

first 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 10 KB/sec
second 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 20 KB/sec
thrid 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 40 KB/sec

It calculates average speed based on (6 MB + 12 MB + 24 MB) / 1800 sec = 23 KB/sec.

If the download process continues at 40 KB/sec, it still shows the speed @ 23 KB/sec,
but your count-down clock counts faster by factor of 2 (40/23).

forth 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 40 KB/sec
(6 + 12 + 24+ 24)/ 2400 = 28 KB/sec

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:26 am

bone-doll wrote:Lol. Maybe I subscribed to the clubbox after I got that message as well. :unsure: I'm not really sure what I do. I have a very bad memory. :D

I just recently got myself a Clubbox account. But for the life of me, I don't know how to go about subscribing to a clubbox (namely lollol101). Also, not sure what the image below is saying (maybe it'll provide a clue as to why I can't see any folders on the lefthand side?) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
subscribe.jpg
subscribe.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 15754 times
Join the VSS. Always on the lookout for good seeders.

dznutz

Postby dznutz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 am

originally posted at: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16459
----
due to my lack of the korean language i'm having problems downloading from clubbox.

i've gone through all the tutorials i could find on the net. however, they don't help me.

instead i've taken snapshots (jpeg) of my desktop with what i did. please take a look at them.

SHOT 1 - followed this one chick's directions. i checked on the appropriate box and pressed the first option as shown.
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/299/018gr.jpg

SHOT 2 - the pop up was totally unexpected. there wasn't a program for me to install. i'm now getting pissed.
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/5164/027ar.jpg

SHOT 3 - this time i chose the second option as shown. i've seen this image before.... but when i click on the buttons it takes me back to shot 2..... i'm now banging my head against the keyboard....
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/9525/030md.jpg

please help me. thanks for you time.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zdoon » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:50 am

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:
bone-doll wrote:Lol. Maybe I subscribed to the clubbox after I got that message as well. :unsure: I'm not really sure what I do. I have a very bad memory. :D

I just recently got myself a Clubbox account. But for the life of me, I don't know how to go about subscribing to a clubbox (namely lollol101). Also, not sure what the image below is saying (maybe it'll provide a clue as to why I can't see any folders on the lefthand side?) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

click the button to the left; translated from korean the button reads "subscribe to box."

after that, a small window should appear and it's basically saying "congratulations" and asking you to confirm your membership to the box. confirm yes (click onto the button at the bottom, i guess).

i did that just now and it works. i can now see the folders.

---

i'm currently trying to download from lilswtangel's clubbox. but it's going slowww at 8 kb/s. what's going on? are the good days of free 50 kb/s downloads over?
Must-watch drama: Sharp 1 & 2 and Buhwal

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:10 am

zdoon wrote:click the button to the left; translated from korean the button reads "subscribe to box."

after that, a small window should appear and it's basically saying "congratulations" and asking you to confirm your membership to the box. confirm yes (click onto the button at the bottom, i guess).

i did that just now and it works. i can now see the folders.

---

i'm currently trying to download from lilswtangel's clubbox. but it's going slowww at 8 kb/s. what's going on? are the good days of free 50 kb/s downloads over?

Thanks for the info, zdoon. Funny thing... after I posted the question, i just decided to randomly click on buttons and one of them actually lead me to a page with the folders present :)

Hmmm, now thing I noticed (and that has been mentioned before) is that the download rate shown is not really the actual rate (I'm comparing it to what I'm seeing from netlimiter, and it's much much faster than what's shown on the Clubbox window). Also, it seems that it needs time before it'll get to that 50kBs. For me, the transfer starts off around 10kBs and slowly goes up after a while.

yo_wazzup41

Postby yo_wazzup41 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:06 am

i would like to ask how does the quick dl works?can we exchange the points dat we gain in quick dl for a more quicker dl?and the quick dl can be used forever rite?or if i already dl a file up to 2gb it stop providing the quick dl?can somebody answer me thx a lot :D

tonami

Postby tonami » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:44 pm

I subscribe to "quick download" ($16/mo) and I am getting speed up to 300Kb/sec (I think the limit of my cable model). They advertize that it will be on average 500 Kb/sec upto 5,000 Kb/sec.

For not so popular files, I am getting around 30 Kb/sec to 70 Kb/sec.

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Touya » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:20 pm

tonami wrote:I subscribe to "quick download" ($16/mo) and I am getting speed up to 300Kb/sec (I think the limit of my cable model). They advertize that it will be on average 500 Kb/sec upto 5,000 Kb/sec.

Well, are you in Korea? If not, you won't be getting those speeds that easily. I've hit 4MB/s once or twice.

rainfall

Postby rainfall » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:33 pm

Touya wrote:
tonami wrote:I subscribe to "quick download" ($16/mo) and I am getting speed up to 300Kb/sec (I think the limit of my cable model). They advertize that it will be on average 500 Kb/sec upto 5,000 Kb/sec.

Well, are you in Korea? If not, you won't be getting those speeds that easily. I've hit 4MB/s once or twice.

ppl in spore.... forget paying that amount.... the service provider in spore has limited the download speed from overseas to 50 kbps... onli when it is around spore than u will be able to dl above that speed.
correct me if i am wrong. :P

tokyo shounen

Postby tokyo shounen » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:29 pm

Touya wrote:

Dont you have mad connections in korea? :-)
"Let's make today another great day!"

tonami

Postby tonami » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:40 pm

Touya wrote:

I am not in Korea. I am in Connecticut (using cox cable standard service @ 256 kb/sec)

:)

artagnan5

Postby artagnan5 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:45 pm

hi! i am having problem with http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder , i am trying to download some files but everytime I click the download button a pop up window will appear and gives me this error... am not familiar with korean words or so.... does anyone here knows what does this mean? and does anyone here have try accessing this CLUBOX account... Thanks in advace
Attachments
clubboxerror.jpg
the error i receive
clubboxerror.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 15001 times
Last edited by artagnan5 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veritati

Postby veritati » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:18 am

artagnan5 wrote:hi! i am having problem with http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder , i am trying to download some files but everytime I click the download button a pop up window will appear and gives me this error... am not familiar with korean words or so.... does anyone here knows what does this mean? and does anyone here have try accessing this CLUBOX account... Thanks in advace

Press F11.

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ay_link » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:00 am

I found a clubbox that serves so~~~ MANY Jdoramas ^_^

can someone possibly translate the contents into english?
http://clubbox.co.kr/photoyun

and perhaps check for me, if they have Tokyo Wankei? :D
thank you b4 :-)

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ericf » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:28 am

Too often now that I don't get the download. The program won't start when clicking on download in clubbox. touya's box in particular. I've got login but the last part won't work. I want to download wonderful life from him (or someone else ) and I have tried other boxes but it seems to be a common problem. One box I have had almost no problem with is the one with My sister in law is nineteen. Haven't got the name now but I think it begins with sir.. something and it has an x towards the end sir--uxo or something. He has 1% as well. Not Wonderful Life though.

Any reason for those download problems? I have tried the delete files and do it again approach but it doesn't seem to work a lot of the time. Mabye the clubbox program is bad in itself?
Thanks.
ericf

fei

Postby fei » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:23 pm

I wonder how we all can keep our files and become Gold, if everyone has the 'same' files in their clubbox :D
btw, how long does it take before the files get removed?
I was happy that I finally could upload the Zatoichi series but, most of the files are already deleted, now I have to start all over again :crazy:
Any suggestions about what to do to keep the files?

http://clubbox.co.kr/ahziz Samurai / Swordsplay Movies only

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ay_link » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:10 pm

fei wrote:I wonder how we all can keep our files and become Gold, if everyone has the 'same' files in their clubbox :D
btw, how long does it take before the files get removed?
I was happy that I finally could upload the Zatoichi series but, most of the files are already deleted, now I have to start all over again :crazy:
Any suggestions about what to do to keep the files?

if your box is still silver box, you have 10 days to store your files at clubbox, and after 10 days, if the files are not downloaded 10 times, they will be deleted by clubbox admins.

Suggestions on how to keep the files?
advertise them everywhere, make them get downloaded more than 10 times :P
and perhaps it'll help to have the rarest files in your clubbox, so that ppl will choose to download them off yours :)

StrangerInTheNight

Postby StrangerInTheNight » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:55 am

Wow... clubbox must be the new it thing, if someone as stubborn as me finds himself using it. I like how I can DL non- drama Korean TV shows, stuff you can't find on BT. Maybe later, when I figure out how it works, I'll get myself an account too. For now, I'm satisfied just to be able to leach off of non-membership requiring sites.

Speaking of which, anybody know of good clubbox, not requiring passwords, where they have Korean TV shows- like the variety ones?

In particular, I'm looking for the Real Situation Loveletter episodes with Yoomin. I found every episode of that show but ones with Yoomin. If you got them, let me know so I can graciously DL them. Thank you

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Postby Kai Lien » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:08 am

OOh so we have to dl them at least 10 times in 10 days for it to stay? Ookay. *goes to dl from her own clubbox* :sweat: *wonders when the inspection day is...* I have clubbox fever! :P And feel really stupid to keep asking people to dl from my clubbox. :fear: Oh wells :sweat: But if that's what it takes to make it gold...(why I even want it gold I dunno :roll: I must be going crazy)

Love yours kukuri. I think you might be taking requests? I was going to ask for Triumph in the Skies but I see you are already posting it. :mrgreen: Do you happen to have Monkey King? I am missing quite a few eps 6-21... :sweat: Oh and what does ''hai'' mean? :nuts: I no nothing about Japanese stuff... :sweat:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

------------------------------
Thousand Years of Love

My absolute favorite k-drama! Too lazy to get the dvd cover to scan so this pic will do for now. Go dl now so we can chat about it! :D
Now at my clubbox :: http://clubbox.co.kr/KaiLien :clap:

yo_wazzup41

Postby yo_wazzup41 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:27 am

hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last 2 days but then tdy when i was using ,it suddenly dissaperead :cry: ,can anyone tell me why :blink ?and then i would like to ask what is the use of the point dat i get from the quick dl?how come it also dissapeared with the quick dl?can anyone pls reply?thx

darkness449

Postby darkness449 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:02 am

yo_wazzup41 wrote:hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last 2 days but then tdy when i was using ,it suddenly dissaperead :cry: ,can anyone tell me why :blink ?and then i would like to ask what is the use of the point dat i get from the quick dl?how come it also dissapeared with the quick dl?can anyone pls reply?thx

Sounds like either you used it all or it expired. For instance, the 2GB coupon expires in 5 days and the 100GB coupon expires in 60 days.

yo_wazzup41

Postby yo_wazzup41 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:45 am

darkness449 wrote:
yo_wazzup41 wrote:hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last 2 days but then tdy when i was using ,it suddenly dissaperead :cry: ,can anyone tell me why :blink ?and then i would like to ask what is the use of the point dat i get from the quick dl?how come it also dissapeared with the quick dl?can anyone pls reply?thx

Sounds like either you used it all or it expired. For instance, the 2GB coupon expires in 5 days and the 100GB coupon expires in 60 days.

thx a lot :D ,and i also wanna ask what is the use of the points dat i gain from the quick dl?

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby pockiiee » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:39 am

yo_wazzup41 wrote:hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last

Um, I might be a bit slow on the clubbox thing, but how do you use the fast download? I have something like 3000 mileage points but can't figure out how to use them - maybe I just don't have enought points?
Back for the time being

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Postby Kai Lien » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:40 am

I think you have to go to the mileage tab in your clubbox program and click on the check mark on the bottom. IT will open up a webpage and you can pick your quick dl...i think. Try. :D

eerorikki

Postby eerorikki » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:44 pm

Does anyone have Romance [jem] in their box? Thx

boba

Postby boba » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:43 pm

i have the 326 mb ..i will upload them....i also have romance by jem too ahhaha

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mangosteen » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:49 pm

boba wrote:i have the 326 mb ..i will upload them....i also have romance by jem too ahhaha

Wow, you have Romance from jem? Could you please upload to your clubbox? It takes me forever to download this series. Thanks so much in advance.

Jem

Postby Jem » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:56 pm

can i make a formal request that if anyone want to upload me encodes up to their clubbox, pls consider uploading to mine instead of having me stuff all over the place? i ask this only for the benefit of others coz ultimately i hope to upload ALL my encodes i've done so far to me clubbox (if they survive from being deleted).. i've calc-ed, a total of 700+gb. pls pm me if u want to help upload, else ignore this if u dun care. i'm just 1 person doing everything, not like most groups where there r alot of heads/hands to share menial work, so it will take quite some time for me to achieve that goal. k, bye

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mangosteen » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:06 pm

That's a good idea, Jem.

By the way, does anyone know any clubbox that I can download Good luck, Long Vacation and Last Christmas? Please help me. Thx.

enuyasha

Postby enuyasha » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:35 pm

Jem wrote:can i make a formal request that if anyone want to upload me encodes up to their clubbox, pls consider uploading to mine instead of having me stuff all over the place? i ask this only for the benefit of others coz ultimately i hope to upload ALL my encodes i've done so far to me clubbox (if they survive from being deleted).. i've calc-ed, a total of 700+gb. pls pm me if u want to help upload, else ignore this if u dun care. i'm just 1 person doing everything, not like most groups where there r alot of heads/hands to share menial work, so it will take quite some time for me to achieve that goal. k, bye

Great idea Jem but I didn't know other ppl could upload onto your clubbox?
It would definitely make it 100 times faster for you and for everybody else.

The only thing I don't like about clubbox is that you can't resume it, I mean like if you were downloading a file thru BT and it's like 80% done but no seeds and you found the same file on clubbox, you can't resume the file :lol

I can't believe it tho 700+gbs? :crazy: How many HDs do you have?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:40 pm

enuyasha wrote:The only thing I don't like about clubbox is that you can't resume it, I mean like if you were downloading a file thru BT and it's like 80% done but no seeds and you found the same file on clubbox, you can't resume the file :lol

What do you mean you can't resume it? If it's from the same box and you save it in the same place, then it should automatically resume...

Unless you meant something else...

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Clubbox for drama/movie OST

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Sun May 01, 2005 12:28 am

Just came across this clubbox ( http://clubbox.co.kr/min01min ), which at the moment has 25 drama OST and 11 movie OST :O ... some of which I have seen reseed requests for, as of late.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Postby Kai Lien » Sun May 01, 2005 12:36 am

iceberri wrote:
enuyasha wrote:The only thing I don't like about clubbox is that you can't resume it, I mean like if you were downloading a file thru BT and it's like 80% done but no seeds and you found the same file on clubbox, you can't resume the file :lol

What do you mean you can't resume it? If it's from the same box and you save it in the same place, then it should automatically resume...

Oh I know that's a downside. I had 80% of this proud twins episode and no seeders in sight. Wanted to continue 80% at clubbox but had to start all over at zero. :-(

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Sun May 01, 2005 1:02 am

Kai Lien wrote:
iceberri wrote:

Oh I know that's a downside. I had 80% of this proud twins episode and no seeders in sight. Wanted to continue 80% at clubbox but had to start all over at zero. :-(

Ohhhh, I get it. Yeah, that does suck, but I usually just start over but leave the 80% one alone until the clubbox one is done. I prefer 50 kb/s consistently than waiting indefinitely for that last remaining 20%. Besides, downloading a 350 mb or 700 mb file doesn't take *that* long..

enuyasha

Postby enuyasha » Sun May 01, 2005 3:18 am

The other downside about clubbox is that it can only download one file at a time :lol
unless I'm mistaken.

I was told the only way to download two at a time is to have two computers :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Sun May 01, 2005 6:13 am

metrokid wrote:Hi, May i know how to convert your mileage points to quick download points?

Is it automatically done or must you convert them manually???

Thanks in advance. 8)

there's a quick download button on the clubbox page. it's the dark blue button that you press instead the lighter blue.

you select the files that you want to download, then click on the dark blue button and it'll lead you to the quick download page. you then press the red O (not the X which means to cancel)...and the files will show up on your clubbox download manager as quick downloads....with a blue bar at the top that blinks~

but you need to have at least 1000 mileage points before you can quick download.
1000 pts = 2 GB
2000 pts = 5 GB
3000 pts = 10 GB
5000 pts = 30 GB
10,000 pts = 100 GB
20,000 = 300 GB

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Sun May 01, 2005 9:36 am

i deleted a lot of k-movies from my clubbox because of the pinned announcement (which evidently led to "Da Clubbox Links Thread) at soompi. i advise all clubbox users to check out it out. it regards legal issues and whatnot.

i was actually at soompi looking for answers as to why sometimes my upload rate goes down to as little as 0 KB and then pause for certain files. and thus to say my eyes became momentarily blind after scanning through half of those pages.

i understand that the upload rate slows down to 20 KBs when a lot of clubbox owners have the same file on their clubboxes. but i'm trying to upload jdramas that has been recently released and so far i haven't seen on many others' clubboxes....but the upload starts at 12 kB and gradually slows down to 0-5 kB.

and the odd thing is that i usually upload at around 90-105 kB for some kdramas that i've seen on a lot of other owners' clubboxes.

Gwendel

Postby Gwendel » Tue May 03, 2005 6:23 am

Okay, potentially dumb question, but I just started using Clubbox, primarily because of Jem's decision to move future releases there. I've been trying to get the episodes of 100 Tales of Horror he has posted there, and I've been running the clubbox client with 3 epsodes waiting to download for several hours, with absolutely 0kbs downloaded from the site so far.

I'm sitting behind a network router, so I was wondering if it didn't have something to do with ports I need forwarded, but that's just my total shot in the dark guess. BT-Slut meantioned a while back in this thread that the software used a P2P interface behind the scenes, so that's the only thing I can think of. Has anyone else ever had trouble getting anything at all to download from the site? I'm not convinced this is the next step up from BT just yet. :crazy:

(and before I get overly simple answers, yes, the client is loaded with the files, and I pushed the play button. I'm certain that the files are not being paused)

tonami

Postby tonami » Tue May 03, 2005 1:16 pm

One quick check you can do is to enable DMZ to see if clubbox works.
(it is not recommended to expose your PC's port to outside but at least you can isolate your problem.)

-T

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Tue May 03, 2005 5:54 pm

Ok guys, people need to start using http://www.findclubbox.com and http://clubbox.blogspot.com to search for stuff they want before asking :roll

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Tue May 03, 2005 6:04 pm

heh, metrokid is from SG. I take it as a given that only few ppl outside the U.S./UK Commonwealth region know this word as an ethnic slur as you do. It is a common abbreviation in many parts of the world, just like "jp" or "jpn".

neonkinpatsu wrote:Ok guys, people need to start using http://www.findclubbox.com and http://clubbox.blogspot.com to search for stuff they want before asking :roll

true, that's why I added those links to the 1st post earlier today. Too bad findclubbox supports only a few golden clubboxes. But so far I found always the files I was looking for.. hehe.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | IRC ) ::..

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Wed May 04, 2005 4:22 am

MoerkJ wrote:heh, metrokid is from SG. I take it as a given that only few ppl outside the U.S./UK Commonwealth region know this word as an ethnic slur as you do. It is a common abbreviation in many parts of the world, just like "jp" or "jpn".

neonkinpatsu wrote:Ok guys, people need to start using http://www.findclubbox.com and http://clubbox.blogspot.com to search for stuff they want before asking :roll

true, that's why I added those links to the 1st post earlier today. Too bad findclubbox supports only a few golden clubboxes. But so far I found always the files I was looking for.. hehe.

Well, I find findclubbox to be quite helpful. I only want to download from the big gold boxes anyway because I don't have to worry so much about files expiring. :sweat: I usually find mostly what I want in drama anyway :)

Return to “Korean Culture & Entertainment”