The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
vajsav
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:53 pm
Contact:

The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Postby vajsav » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:10 am

Edit: Please post all questions/comments and links related to Clubbox here and do not start 138951358913895 threads please!! Thank you! :) (-- iceberri)

Please use the topic search at the bottom of this page to search inside this thread to find answers to your questions. (hint: use some uncommon search terms)

Please use the following links to get help before asking around here...

  1. Information/Links for various clubbox w/ Korean Drama:
  2. Instructions how to get yourself an account to access members-only clubboxes, and how to upload:
  3. Clubbox search engines:

  4. Clubbox chat:
    #clubbox @ irc.rizon.net
(last update by MoerkJ on Jan 19, 2006)


-----------------------------------

can someone tell me where i can download 700mb korean drama THE SAD LOVE STORY, and SORRY I LOVE YOU??? Club box????

User avatar
Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Incheon, Korea
Contact:

Postby Touya » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:07 am

vajsav wrote:can someone tell me where i can download 700mb korean drama THE SAD LOVE STORY, and SORRY I LOVE YOU??? Club box????


come to mine~ =p

http://clubbox.co.kr/touya
http://www.kdrama.com/t-clubbox.htm
Image
독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

L1ttl3_G1rl
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:27 am
Location: 4eva wif u

Postby L1ttl3_G1rl » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:31 am

yeah..same as me...dunno korean...help....i dl the clubbox.exe already...but..how to start??anyone can teach me?? :wub:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 1607
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 6:25 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Jannah » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:18 am


User avatar
bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Postby bone-doll » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:28 am

piyota wrote:Can anybody help me with the downloading from clubox. Althought I read the instruction but I somewhat get lost in the green text part ( It wasn't really clear). And when I check on the box, and click on the button, a new pop up window appears, but it asked me to fill in the blank some thing ( I think that's password). Help me plz



Assuming it is asking for a password, I think that means that the owner of the Clubbox has made their Clubbox members only, and the only way to become a member if you don't know already is to have a Korean citizen number thing - I don't know what they're called :P .

If you're not a member, you need to find Clubbox's that allow non-members to download off them and Soompi has a thread dedicated to that. http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305636 :D

While I'm at it, does anyone know a clubbox for non-members where I can download the 700mb version of Love Letter, Sang doo Let's go to School or Prince's First Love?

User avatar
posole
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:22 am
Contact:

Postby posole » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:12 pm

i have a question... regarding uploading~

my box isn't allowing me to upload stuff
everytime i try i get this pop up:

동박스 공용용량이 부족하여 현재 업로드를 하실 수 없습니다.
잠시 후 다시 이용해 주시기 바랍니다.

※ 은박스 : 100GB 보장
동박스 : 공용용량 5120.0GB 한도 내 100GB 보장

what does this mean?
and what must i do, to make it go away.
i also notice i am Bronze now :-(

can anyone help explain this to me?

User avatar
amrayu
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:30 am
Location: South Bay
Contact:

Postby amrayu » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:33 pm

list of clubboxes:
http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305636

this clubbox has Snowman (membership required):
http://clubbox.co.kr/lollol101
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:32 am

Postby zdoon » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:01 pm

What dl speeds do you guys get from clubbox? For 700 mb vids I get about 50 kb/s. Which is kind of slow, but I'm not complaining.
Must-watch drama: Sharp 1 & 2 and Buhwal

Image

User avatar
Atomic
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Toronto/Manila

Postby Atomic » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:04 pm

zdoon wrote:What dl speeds do you guys get from clubbox? For 700 mb vids I get about 50 kb/s. Which is kind of slow, but I'm not complaining.


Everyone gets 50kbps... You'd have to be registered with points to get over that..

rosie
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:30 pm
Contact:

Postby rosie » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:40 am

posole wrote:i have a question... regarding uploading~

my box isn't allowing me to upload stuff
everytime i try i get this pop up:

동박스 공용용량이 부족하여 현재 업로드를 하실 수 없습니다.
잠시 후 다시 이용해 주시기 바랍니다.

※ 은박스 : 100GB 보장
동박스 : 공용용량 5120.0GB 한도 내 100GB 보장

what does this mean?
and what must i do, to make it go away.
i also notice i am Bronze now :-(

can anyone help explain this to me?


You need at least 100 points at the time they review your site to keep it at silver status. Otherwise it goes down to bronze. Bronze boxes are allowed to upload up to 100gb except ALL bronze boxes share 5TB total. So if the overall disk quota is filled up, none of the bronze boxes can upload until some files are deleted.

piyota
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:48 am
Contact:

Postby piyota » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:50 am

Thanks a lot! I just figure it out a while ago. In order to download in clubbox, we need to log in in our administrator account . I just use a normal acc so it didn't start. hehe. thanks so much. By the way, clubbox can resume ! I just turn off my comp, and it start to download

choco_pie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:42 am
Location: perth

Postby choco_pie » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:38 am

this mite sound like a silly question

but.. just to make sure, ...

unless stated (as raws),are all eps uploaded on clubbox, have the english subs?

thx :)

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 1607
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 6:25 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Jannah » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:07 am

choco_pie wrote:unless stated (as raws),are all eps uploaded on clubbox, have the english subs?

Nope, those uploaded on Clubbox are usually raws.

User avatar
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:38 am

Postby Kai Lien » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:05 pm

I have been trying to get this clubbox thing to work since the beginning of time. I have done purpletigers instructions. But everytime I try to click on a link, it just won't budge! Grr argghh! I finally downloaded and installed the clubbox program (from a link on solid07) & got the page to show up on firefox and then copy and pasting it to the ie browser. Then, in ie it says "your current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. as a result, the page may not display correctly. I dunno why I can't get it to work in ie :x So can someone tell me how to fix this ActiveX thingy or just make clubbox work? :P Thanks.

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:08 am

Postby seirin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 pm

Kai Lien: you may have to change your security settings under the options. Active X might have been disabled.

User avatar
amrayu
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:30 am
Location: South Bay
Contact:

Postby amrayu » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:46 pm

Kai Lien wrote:yes so um how? Thanks.


IE:
TOOLS>Internet Options>Security TAB>Custom Level
You'll see this screen. You'll have to change your settings here so clubbox will work.
I can't download from clubbox from firefox, so i have to use stupid spyware ridden IE. :x
Take a look at the screenshot. :)
ignore the unregistered thingy... im at work, and i dont have a bmp->jpg converter.
Attachments
activeX.jpg
activeX.jpg (25.7 KiB) Viewed 69037 times
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!

Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

User avatar
Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Incheon, Korea
Contact:

Postby Touya » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:25 am

I was sick of updating the English-friendly clubbox link page, so I took it down. On my clubbox, if you leave the cursor over the folder, you can see the English title, too. Or you can click on the folders and the English part will show up on the right. :]
Image

독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

User avatar
bshater
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:42 pm

questions about the download speed using Clubbox

Postby bshater » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:28 am

hello, does anyone know why my speed is always 50kb/s and never faster? is there a way that i can increase it? thanx in advance.

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: away

Postby habukie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:50 am

^^this has been discussed in the other clubbox thread. you need to be a member before you can get speeds above 50. to become a member you need a korean ssn. otherwise, you'll have to be happy with what you have. :-)

User avatar
bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: plz help

Postby bone-doll » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:23 am

Lynn0419 wrote:hi, i just have a question about clubbox downloading
i followed the english instructions on downloading the dramas, but each time i press download...it says i have to download clubbox...but i already have clubbox...so plz help me...wat shood i do?


Try these instructions:

http://home.comcast.net/~redpanther86/INSTRUCTION.html

I usually have those problems as well. The instructions don't seem to work for me so I just keep refreshing and refreshing when it gets stuck and eventually it'll let me download. :D

:idea: There seem to be an increase in clubbox related questions. Maybe someone should write a FAQ for it. :lol

Lynn0419
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:50 am

Postby Lynn0419 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:19 am

ohh thats why
cuz mine is only 25 KB/S...
its pretty slow...but at least i got the drama

User avatar
Kaila
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby Kaila » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:11 am

mine's just 12k :lol but i'm happy.

tonami
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:49 am
Location: New England

Postby tonami » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:09 pm

I was getting around 30 kb/sec using normal (low speed) connection and
I am paying $16/mo to get quick download.

Speed of quick download ranges from low 30 kb/sec to 350 kb/sec.
It depends on how popular the file is. If it is stored in many pc's, you get extra connection to receive those files. (sort of p2p technology, I guess.)

I was monitoring with x-netstat and see up to 13 concurrent connections to various hosts in Korea, Japan, USA, Canada, UK, etc. I was surprised that the connection to some of Korean site was much faster than the connection to the next state. :)

For my opinion, the extra $16/mo is worth every cent.

busyizzy
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:41 pm

Postby busyizzy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:01 pm

Actually, I'm a member, but I still get about 60 kb/s max (usually very consistent though, so I'm happy). To get much faster speeds, you need to have these points, which I'm not sure how to get. I'm assuming through some form of currency though, and as I'm not ina a rush, I'm happy with what I have. ^^

lijing
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:03 pm

Postby lijing » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:43 am

I noticed a lot of people are having trouble with clubbox that files don't get loaded to their clubbox window and that they see a window that they have to install the program. I have this problem too. However I noticed that when you install clubbox and you download for the first time, you see a window with a bar showing that it's downloading the files into clubbox. Did someone else notice this too? The strange thing is it only happens once. After the first time you never see this window again. Why?? Does someone know? Because this window is so useful, you see that it is transferring the files into the clubbox program.

With so many clubbox users out their,I wonder didn't anyone has the solution for this problem?

hana-chan
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:00 am
Location: California

Postby hana-chan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:35 pm

I keep having the problem where clubbox just doesn't start up when I try to start the download, so I have to restart my computer before I can get it to work. -_-

fei
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:33 pm

Postby fei » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:40 pm

First follow these instructions:
http://home.comcast.net/~redpanther86/INSTRUCTION.html

Oh, btw, clubbox doesn't work with firefox, so you have to use iexplorer.
When you try to download and nothing happens, check on your taskmanager if you can see clubbox.exe and fscagent.exe running. If they're running and you still can't download, then you have to end the clubbox process by clicking End Process, I know you guys know how this works, the usual stuff.
After ending the process, try to download again. I have tested it this way and it works just fine. Just remember to check your taskmanager for fscagent.
So you don't have to restart your computer, just end the process of clubbox.exe and fscagent.exe if necessary. And run fscagent again and start downloading! This has to work!

Well, I hope it's not too confusing :wink:

crazylazy_chief
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:15 am
Location: Canada

Postby crazylazy_chief » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:31 pm

In this tutorial: http://home.comcast.net/~redpanther86/INSTRUCTION.html, I only got past selecting the download option...when I select to let the pop-up thingy download this program onto my computer, my computer just restarts all by itself. :crazy:

juljul9
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:43 pm

Re: plz help

Postby juljul9 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:35 am

bone-doll wrote:
Lynn0419 wrote:hi, i just have a question about clubbox downloading
i followed the english instructions on downloading the dramas, but each time i press download...it says i have to download clubbox...but i already have clubbox...so plz help me...wat shood i do?


Try these instructions:

http://home.comcast.net/~redpanther86/INSTRUCTION.html

I usually have those problems as well. The instructions don't seem to work for me so I just keep refreshing and refreshing when it gets stuck and eventually it'll let me download. :D

:idea: There seem to be an increase in clubbox related questions. Maybe someone should write a FAQ for it. :lol


duckie wrote:Sometimes I need to Start > Run > fscagent and then the clubbox download window will show up along with what I want to download.


hey i have the same problem too, as in i have d/l the clubbox prog but they still prompt me to d/l the prog again and the instructions given does not work for me too...

once in a while it will work and let me d/l, i've been trying to figure out what must i do first before it d/l properly but still not able to come out with an answer.. sigh.. :-(

what duckie wrote might work but what happen if my agent is up and running, as in it's downloading already but i want to d/l more moview from another club box?

duckie
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:13 am

Re: plz help

Postby duckie » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:04 am

juljul9 wrote:what happen if my agent is up and running, as in it's downloading already but i want to d/l more moview from another club box?

Whatever you want to download from another clubbox, it will add to the existing queues.
I'll download from u supakoreanflyguy! :w00t:

User avatar
bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Postby bone-doll » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:17 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the new Clubbox manager is alot better than the old one? Or maybe that's just for me. But, I'm not getting as many of the 'download Clubbox' screen. Old one, I would get that screen 95% of the time, but with the new one, I only got it 1 in 10 times. And I don't have to restart my computer before I start using it. 8) Nice.

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:07 am
Location: USA

Postby kood » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:19 pm

bone-doll wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the new Clubbox manager is alot better than the old one? Or maybe that's just for me. But, I'm not getting as many of the 'download Clubbox' screen. Old one, I would get that screen 95% of the time, but with the new one, I only got it 1 in 10 times. And I don't have to restart my computer before I start using it. 8) Nice.


You mean the screen you get after pressing the Download button for the second time on a popup? Well, I've found a technique that'll make it Queue in your Clubbox Download Manager.

When that happens, copy the download link beneath the file name.
Paste it in a new Internet Explorer window.
Click Download as usual.
If it loads "Download Clubbox" screen, click "Go" in the address bar.

That should work. I'll load pics later. ;D

lijing
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:03 pm

Postby lijing » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:18 pm

aznkoodies wrote:You mean the screen you get after pressing the Download button for the second time on a popup? Well, I've found a technique that'll make it Queue in your Clubbox Download Manager.

When that happens, copy the download link beneath the file name.
Paste it in a new Internet Explorer window.
Click Download as usual.
If it loads "Download Clubbox" screen, click "Go" in the address bar.

That should work. I'll load pics later. ;D



Please do post some pics instructions, it would be so helpfull as I don't really understand what you mean. I have this problem so often, it would be really great if I knew the solution to it. I hope you can post the pics soon, I will be looking forward to it.....

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:07 am
Location: USA

Postby kood » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:30 pm

When the "Download Clubbox" screen shows, press CTRL+N

Tip #2 but doubt you'll go this far:
Tools needed: Internet Explorer (IE)

Do what you usually do, check the boxes of files you'd like > click Download.
Image

Popup for confirmation of download. Choose Download again.
Image

If successful, the popup disappears and your files are queued, but if it doesn't and loads a Download Clubbox screen, do the following:
Image Image
Last edited by kood on Thu May 05, 2005 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
alina
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 pm

Postby alina » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:13 pm

Hi all,

I've got myself a clubbox account recently too.
And the milage thing, you just need to sign in before you download and every X amount of donwload you get 10 point and if you saved so many point you can exchange for so many gb of download for fast speed downloading.
For the 100gb clubbo, there's somewhere a button to sign up for the 100gb box. That's how i have my clubbox. It's silver now but it'll get demoted to bronz if it doesn't have 100 point at the end of the month when there's a checkup. There's a whole thread at soompi about this.
I don't know exactly how everything works yet. I can't read Korean either.

User avatar
alina
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 pm

Postby alina » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:06 pm

it's this one
http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305636

I have it bookmarket since soompi doesn't have a search function
It's more than 100 pages. after reading more than 30 pages straight I just gave up :P

User avatar
bshater
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:42 pm

Postby bshater » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:46 pm

hello, can someone tell me why i cant download from this clubbox : http://clubbox.co.kr/gooddrama even though im a member of clubbox. can someone help? thanx in advance.

innocentchica
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:28 am

Postby innocentchica » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:53 pm

bshater wrote:hello, can someone tell me why i cant download from this clubbox : http://clubbox.co.kr/gooddrama even though im a member of clubbox. can someone help? thanx in advance.


you have to join that clubbox..that's why. =) here... just click that white button like in the pic... Image

User avatar
Saki>^.^<
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Saki>^.^< » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:04 am

alina wrote:it's this one
http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305636

I have it bookmarket since soompi doesn't have a search function
It's more than 100 pages. after reading more than 30 pages straight I just gave up :P


Yeah, I love this thread :)

bshater wrote:innocent, thank you anyway for your response. so, can someone else please show me the process of exchanging milage points for the quick download? thanx in advance.


I'm not exactally sure, but I'll get back to you in a sec with pictures.

User avatar
Saki>^.^<
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Saki>^.^< » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:28 am

If you log in you'll get a tool bar like this. Click the little button with the watch icon thing.

Image

After you click it you'll get to this page.

Image

On the same page there'll be these "Download Giftcards". To get on to get fast downloads you have to get the underlined mileage points for a certain card. I think to redeem it you click the button under the card you want. Also on this page is a tutorial on the whole process, but the problem is it's in korean and I don't speak it :D

Image

*I don't really know how to do this, I'm just guessing :roll Please don't get angry if I'm wrong... If you want to confirm what I'm saying then you could try to look on soompi in the thread that alina gave us.

User avatar
bshater
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:42 pm

Postby bshater » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:46 am

hey Saki, thank you very much for the tips even though you're guessing :D i'll might try it after i get enough points.

monkhoous
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:24 am

Postby monkhoous » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 am

Hi when I tried to use quick download i get this "points will not be deducted if can't reach the minimum speed" and my speed slow how can i fix this i have coupon for 2 gb cause i Reached 2000 points and help will be appreaciated! Oh ya and is there a way I can donate point to others?

babyxdorkii
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:46 pm

Postby babyxdorkii » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:08 am

monkhoous wrote:Hi when I tried to use quick download i get this "points will not be deducted if can't reach the minimum speed" and my speed slow how can i fix this i have coupon for 2 gb cause i Reached 2000 points and help will be appreaciated! Oh ya and is there a way I can donate point to others?


if it say that that mean ur dl rate must be around 30-50 kbs so if it that speed they won't take away ur pts as it start going around 150-200 kbs (well that for me for qucik download) then the pts will start going up before it starts next to the 2Gb it say 0P so you get 2000P until the quick download stops for you

by far i don't think you can donate pts to others

by the way check out my clubblox http://clubbox.co.kr/kawaii
:D

lijing
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:03 pm

Postby lijing » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:27 pm

Can somone please explain the milage points system. I have been downloading with clubbox all day now and I still don't see any points. I click on the rightupercorner icon with the yellow coins and login, than i see a summary, but I don't see any points??? Can someone explain to me please.......................

User avatar
Spike23
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: LAND OF CARROTS

Postby Spike23 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:41 pm

lijing wrote:Can somone please explain the milage points system. I have been downloading with clubbox all day now and I still don't see any points. I click on the rightupercorner icon with the yellow coins and login, than i see a summary, but I don't see any points??? Can someone explain to me please.......................

You save up points and use them to download faster.

monkhoous
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:24 am

Postby monkhoous » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:31 am

So you mean I will download at 30-50 for while and the speed will increase and the points will be deducted please help me download fast!

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur

Postby DarReNz » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:07 am

everyone's having a clubbox nowadays :glare:
Watching :- All In [5/24], 1% of Anything [18/26]
Working On :- Summer I Love You | Clubbox

User avatar
Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Incheon, Korea
Contact:

Postby Touya » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:23 am

DarReNz wrote:everyone's having a clubbox nowadays :glare:


lol, it was a big mistake by nowcom to open up to foreign users, imo =p
Image

독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

piyota
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:48 am
Contact:

Postby piyota » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:27 am

Hehe, I think so,too . I asked my korean friend to did the sign up foe me. A week later, they open it for every1 . A week later, download & upload rate decreases greatly ( especially upload, i only got 20 KB/s now). Well .....

User avatar
Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Incheon, Korea
Contact:

Postby Touya » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:31 am

piyota wrote:Hehe, I think so,too . I asked my korean friend to did the sign up foe me. A week later, they open it for every1 . A week later, download & upload rate decreases greatly ( especially upload, i only got 20 KB/s now). Well .....


Wow, I didn't think you'd agree with me. ^^;
Yeah, the download/upload speed's been crappy these days, but I don't use clubbox much for downloading, so it's not that big of a deal for me. But it is for you guys, I guess. Did you see how many new boxes opened the past few days? I bet there are over a hundred new ones by now (most of them with the same stuff). ^^;
I've stopped posting on the soompi clubbox thread because the number of questions/links posted nowadays is just ridiculous. Everyone wants to become gold right away. =/
I didn't get gold on my first inspection, but luckily, got it on the second (few days ago). It's not that easy to manage a clubbox or getting it to gold, for that matter.
Image

독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

User avatar
mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:59 pm
Location: California

Postby mangosteen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:17 am

Touya wrote:
piyota wrote:Hehe, I think so,too . I asked my korean friend to did the sign up foe me. A week later, they open it for every1 . A week later, download & upload rate decreases greatly ( especially upload, i only got 20 KB/s now). Well .....


Wow, I didn't think you'd agree with me. ^^;
Yeah, the download/upload speed's been crappy these days, but I don't use clubbox much for downloading, so it's not that big of a deal for me. But it is for you guys, I guess. Did you see how many new boxes opened the past few days? I bet there are over a hundred new ones by now (most of them with the same stuff). ^^;
I've stopped posting on the soompi clubbox thread because the number of questions/links posted nowadays is just ridiculous. Everyone wants to become gold right away. =/
I didn't get gold on my first inspection, but luckily, got it on the second (few days ago). It's not that easy to manage a clubbox or getting it to gold, for that matter.


That's right, Touya. I don't wanna set up a clubbox and then can't make it gold. I know if I have a box, I cannot manage it. So many clubboxes are out there these days. Guess the people who wanna download things are getting confused. When you get so many choices, you will get confused :roll

User avatar
BT-Slut
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:33 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby BT-Slut » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Ok. I'll admit it. I'm a convert.

Clubboxes are quite useful. They're basically like a personal ftp dumpsite.

But I wonder how it is that they can serve out this amount of data from one server and not charge downloaders for it? Anyone know how the business is structured to earn a profit? There's nothing inherently new or special about Clubboxes vs a tradional http/ftp server but what does amaze me is the current lack of fee assessment for the downloaders or uploaders.

I'm getting Love Story at H and will get Nine Tail Fox from these Clubboxes. While it's definitely slower than a well seeded torrent, it's definitely nice to be able to queue up 16 700mb files and just let it download until it's all done.

User avatar
lavendersky
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Singapore

Postby lavendersky » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:58 am

PinkieJosie wrote:can some1 pretty pleaseee help me wif signing up an account im not 4rm korea so i dun have da SSN# ding..da link to teaching us how 2 make an account is dead i realla want to finish mai dld for LIP in mukolove thanks!!!

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=341343
^ check out this tutorial.

credits to Me2@ soompi
Currently watching: Bambino!, Proposal Daisakusen, Sexy Voice & Robo :wub:

User avatar
BT-Slut
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:33 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby BT-Slut » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:09 am

hmm.. I'm not sure if this is disclosed or not but I strongly suspect clubbox is using a form of BT technology to force downloaders to upload at the same time they are downloading.

I was just downloading some files from clubbox and it made my normal net connection slow to a crawl. I thought that was strange. After some further checking, it seems clubbox is sending out data to people from all over the world (netstat command). It doesn't seem to always do this but many times it does. It does not limit the amount of upload bandwidth used so it saturated my pipe and everything else came to a stand still.

Has this already been disclosed? Am I barking up a tree already climbed on many times?

User avatar
Saki>^.^<
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Saki>^.^< » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:49 am

Kaila wrote:hello i recently got a username/password on clubbox and was trying to get into lollol101. I seem to be getting an error and I saw that its supposedly "protected". Does that mean I can't get in his/her clubbox? I'm kinda confused if a protected clubboxes is different from members only clubboxes. Is there some sort of waiting period before I can get in? coz i just registered now. :roll

Or am i just doing something wrong? :lo



That's just asking you if you want to be a memeber of that clubbox. All you have to do is click the button on the left and you can download from that clubbox all you want ^_^


Image

And I got a PM about this, and I thought everyone should know about this. I know I already told people about this, but I thought the pictures would be helpful. This tutorial was written by Me2 of soompi:

Hey, I made a tutorial for how to join clubbox for oversea people.
Step 1: Go to either http://clubbox.co.kr or a clubbox link
Image

OR

Image
Step 2: Next, you'll want to register as 'oversea'
Image
Step 3: This page should load after you click on the 'oversea' button
Image
Step 4: Fill out the form. You'll have to retype your password
Image
these 3 following pics show the names of the countries Clubbox listed. Select the one where you live in

Image

Image

Image
Step 5: Double check to see if everything is correct. Be sure to write down your password retrieval code
Image
Step 6: You can either sign in now or later
Image
hope it helps out a lot of people because i know how much of a pain it is to not be able to get a download from a certain clubbox without an ID and password

anyways, if there's a mistake with my translation, let me know...since i don't read or speak korean, i used the babelfish translator to help me, so there might be some mistakes
**NEW**
since a lot of people have been asking for it, i've created a page on how to upload to clubbox...go here


*Again all credit goes to Me2 of soompi.com. I didn't write this, I'm just sharing with you guys. I just don't want to get yelled at for like "plagiarizing" or something :P

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur

Postby DarReNz » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:03 am

you still need to create your box ......
Watching :- All In [5/24], 1% of Anything [18/26]
Working On :- Summer I Love You | Clubbox

User avatar
Saki>^.^<
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Saki>^.^< » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:28 am

DarReNz wrote:you still need to create your box ......


Oh, Me2 also mad a tutorial on how to make a clubbox and upload files to it.

Since a lot of people have been asking me, I've decided to make a tutorial for it
Step 1: First off, you'll need to create your Clubbox. Although you have your clubbox ID, you don't have a box yet. Log on to your name at http://www.clubbox.co.kr
Image
Step 2: You will see this page.
Image

Scroll down until you see this
Image
Step 3: Fill out the form
Image
Step 4:
Image
Step 5: After that, you should be taken to your Clubbox
Image
Step 6: You'll be taken to this page. You can either choose to change it or leave it as it is
Image
Step 7: Go down and click on the 5th button. It will take you to this page
Image
Step 8: You can either create more folders or go back to your clubbox
Image
Step 9:
Image
Step 10:
Image
Step 11:
Image
Step 12:
Image
Step 13:
Image
Once the file is uploaded/uploading, it will appear on your page

To upload more later on, repeat Steps 9-13


*Again Me2 wrote this tutorial, not me. Creditz go to Me2 of soompi.com :D

kukuri wrote:No, you don't have to create a box. I read it in ajune's blogspot. 8)


Yes, that is true. :mrgreen:

amicus
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:21 pm

Postby amicus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:16 pm

BT-Slut wrote:hmm.. I'm not sure if this is disclosed or not but I strongly suspect clubbox is using a form of BT technology to force downloaders to upload at the same time they are downloading.

I was just downloading some files from clubbox and it made my normal net connection slow to a crawl. I thought that was strange. After some further checking, it seems clubbox is sending out data to people from all over the world (netstat command). It doesn't seem to always do this but many times it does. It does not limit the amount of upload bandwidth used so it saturated my pipe and everything else came to a stand still.

Has this already been disclosed? Am I barking up a tree already climbed on many times?


i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.

so much for the cost of that bandwidth they're using when you were discussing their business plan. its our own!

User avatar
BT-Slut
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:33 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby BT-Slut » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:35 pm

amicus wrote:
i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.

so much for the cost of that bandwidth they're using when you were discussing their business plan. its our own!


Yeah, I got DUmeter setup too and I see the uploading. This annoys me because it wasn't disclosed--at least I wasn't aware of it. In itself, it's no different than emule or BT, so uploadig is alright with me but I would have wanted to know beforehand.

I originally thought Clubbox would free people from being harrased as they'd only be downloading and not uploading, but that idea goes out the door with this discovery.

So be careful folks. Clubboxes are just like BT torrents. If you're donwloading, there's a very good possibility you're also uploading that same file to someone else. And this uploading can cause you problems in almost every country of the world.

Consider yourselves warned.

busyizzy
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:41 pm

Postby busyizzy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:44 pm

BT-Slut wrote:
i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.


Yeah, I found that out too late. >.>;; My school has a bandwidth limit of 2 gigs, but I wasn;t aware clubbox uploads. A lot. If I had known that, I woulda just used BT since I can control uploads on that. I definately went over my limit and got warned from my school as a result of this. >.>

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 893
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:37 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby iceberri » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:07 am

busyizzy wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:
i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.


Yeah, I found that out too late. >.>;; My school has a bandwidth limit of 2 gigs, but I wasn;t aware clubbox uploads. A lot. If I had known that, I woulda just used BT since I can control uploads on that. I definately went over my limit and got warned from my school as a result of this. >.>

No wonder! When I had originally downloaded Clubbox, I had asked Touya where all the upload bandwidth came from since it didn't seem like I was using my own. At the time, I couldn't see how they were profiting from allowing people to use their bandwidth to download korean dramas. o_O I guess in the end, it all boils down to a p2p network.

User avatar
bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Postby bone-doll » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:10 am

Lol. Maybe I subscribed to the clubbox after I got that message as well. :unsure: I'm not really sure what I do. I have a very bad memory. :D

toxicblood wrote:Thankz alot for your reply :lol However, until now it hasnt disappeared yet and im really desparate about it coz it's the only site I found that have all english series I've been looking for :cry:

Anyone can help me out???


Some other clubboxes with english tv shows are:
http://clubbox.co.kr/dazunda
http://clubbox.co.kr/oneday1
http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder
http://clubbox.co.kr/kama2004
http://clubbox.co.kr/wangja
http://clubbox.co.kr/daroyah
-- the last time I checked.

Maybe you'll find whatever you're looking for at these clubboxes. :D

Jem
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:51 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Jem » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:42 am

i'm having great difficulty to upload thru BT lately and had some bad exchange in the phone with my ISP tech support, where it is so obvious they had some port filtering or stumping (from specific hr of a day) when I can upload at full speed using IRC DCC send to the same person in the peer list but 0-1kb/s when I'm using BT at some hr of the day.

So I was thinking to use yousendit.com then I recall some folks mention clubbox to me (if i want to dl stuff). I brushed that idea aside as i do not d/l stuff at all.. then i realise maybe i could upload to it and folks can get it from there instead of bt-ing where most r too unwilling to upload their fair share.

thks to some help from Darenz n searching thru googles i finally found out how to sign up account & create box http://clubbox.co.kr/encodes

i have tried uploading but the final popup window went blank after file selection to upload n was unable to run the clubbox app. the notebook is win xp home edition n using ie 6.0. if anyone could advise/help. thanks.

*edit
i've called the isp tech again and this time i got some 'new' info. to set my IE proxy to the isp proxy proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080 etc, it is working now.

lastly i hope everyone is ok with me moving all new release to the clubbox.

User avatar
ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1968
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:53 am

Postby ay_link » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:08 am

^ wow, Jem has a clubbox too? :D :D that's awesome!! :D :D
i had problems also when downloading "wish upon a star" episode 3-4 from bittorrent... it takes about 100something hours and they're still not done :blink

that would be great if we could download Jem's releases thru clubbox in the future :-)

User avatar
neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:32 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Postby neonkinpatsu » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:45 am

Are there any clubboxes around dedicated to Japanese variety and music shows such as Music Station, Hey Hey Hey, Utaban, Countdown TV, SmapxSmap, Pu Suma, D no Arashi, Gakkou e Ikou, London Boots/Hearts, etc.? I'm looking for all of those shows from 2003 until the current (as much as I can get), but it's really difficult to torrent all of that stuff because the seeds die if/when I find a few of them ;______; Even any other sources to buy or trade would be appreciated too. I'm hard up for my varieties :cry:
Image
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

User avatar
Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Incheon, Korea
Contact:

Postby Touya » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:12 am

neonkinpatsu wrote:Are there any clubboxes around dedicated to Japanese variety and music shows such as Music Station, Hey Hey Hey, Utaban, Countdown TV, SmapxSmap, Pu Suma, D no Arashi, Gakkou e Ikou, London Boots/Hearts, etc.? I'm looking for all of those shows from 2003 until the current (as much as I can get), but it's really difficult to torrent all of that stuff because the seeds die if/when I find a few of them ;______; Even any other sources to buy or trade would be appreciated too. I'm hard up for my varieties :cry:


There is one, but only regular members or higher can download from it. It requires a complicated process to go through to become one if you aren't Korean. You have to go to its club website, earn 200+ points there (must have registered for over a week) and then request. >____<

P.S. It opens for associate members on the weekend (in Korea). PM me on irc, and I'll tell you it.
Image

독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

chiyoaiki
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:11 pm

Postby chiyoaiki » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:30 am

amicus wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:hmm.. I'm not sure if this is disclosed or not but I strongly suspect clubbox is using a form of BT technology to force downloaders to upload at the same time they are downloading.

I was just downloading some files from clubbox and it made my normal net connection slow to a crawl. I thought that was strange. After some further checking, it seems clubbox is sending out data to people from all over the world (netstat command). It doesn't seem to always do this but many times it does. It does not limit the amount of upload bandwidth used so it saturated my pipe and everything else came to a stand still.

Has this already been disclosed? Am I barking up a tree already climbed on many times?


i dont' know if this has been discussed before. but i installed a bandwidth monitor, and it seems that it does upload. uncapped.

so much for the cost of that bandwidth they're using when you were discussing their business plan. its our own!


Thanks for letting us know. Is it only the file you're downloading that is being uploaded (like bt) or all the files in that folder (like edonkey)?

marigold99
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:38 pm

MANY THANKS FOR CLUBBOX REGISTRATION

Postby marigold99 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:17 pm

Personally I want to thank everyone here for sharing their tips and guidance in clubbox registration. Especially so to Saki<^.^> and most of all ME2 for coming out with such detailed tutorial that I've successfully created an account. Without your guidance I would never have made it and still be logging in under somebody id and password. It's a wonderful feeling as if I've obtained a greencard and no longer illegal. Without doubt your work alone has benefitted lots of non-korean.

T H A N K Y O U N B E S T R E G A R D S

:D :wub:

BadChase
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:37 pm

Postby BadChase » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:43 pm

Hi! I just noticed this thread and I must say thanks to Me2 for doing that superb tutorial and a big thanks to Saki who provided it to us! Helped a lot. I'm just wondering one thing, how is your upload speed to yor Clubbox, mine is like 3-5 kb/s and I promise I can upload a lot faster. Any tips or ideas?

kitty_l
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:40 pm

Postby kitty_l » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:20 am

is there a way to resume downloads? because it seems to redownload frm teh beggining

User avatar
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:38 am

Postby Kai Lien » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:31 am

yes you can resume dl. press the play button or maybe load up the file again...

what i cant figure out is how to resume uploading! :x

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby lilswtangel » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:01 am

Kai Lien wrote:yes you can resume dl. press the play button or maybe load up the file again...

what i cant figure out is how to resume uploading! :x


yes!!!!!!!!!!! i have the same exact problem. sometimes my connection disconnects and reconnects automatically. but the upload would pause and impossible to resume uploading. so i would have to start on a new upload. is there any way to resume a paused upload? :-(

________________________
Image
Orange Days :wub:

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur

Postby DarReNz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:58 am

hmm i think it can only be resumed if it was paused ..... because while uploading, i rebooted my computer and had to reupload the same file again ......
Watching :- All In [5/24], 1% of Anything [18/26]
Working On :- Summer I Love You | Clubbox

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby lilswtangel » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:11 am

i know this happened to someone before...over at soompi, i think. but this is the first time this happened for me. my internet connection suddenly disconnected and reconnected again. and all of a sudden i could upload 2 files at a time. but at very slow speed....and the speed slowly continues to decrease.
Image
now instead of at 16 KB and 7 KB, it's uploading at 10 KB and 6 KB. this is driving me crazy, the upload rates. it seems to fluctuate randomly. it could be uploading at 100-164 KB for a few files, than all of a sudden at 1-6 KB~:glare:
________________________
Image
Orange Days :heart:

innocentchica
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:28 am

Postby innocentchica » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:26 am

^^ Hmm I don't know anything about the uploading speed... but for some reason, my download speed has decreased by half in the past week... I used to download at around 30kb/s or around the high 2 but now it just remains at 16k/s or lower. Has that happened to anyone else? :unsure:


Return to “Korean Culture & Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests