Teruteru Kazoku [Eng Subs] (Ep 1) [DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
User avatar
redkazuo
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Teruteru Kazoku [Eng Subs] (Ep 1) [DROPPED]

Postby redkazuo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am

I've started subbing Teru teru kazoku. But, first, a few caveats:

- I intend to sub more episodes over the following months, but it is going to take a long time to do them all;
- I'm not fluent in Japanese, and I know little Osaka dialect;
- I've subbed this because I didn't think anyone else would;
- Where I couldn't tell precisely what was being said, I guessed.

That being said, I hope some people can enjoy this. Oh, and if someone wants to do better subs with my timings, please do so. :-)

A special thanks to bmwracer, who uploaded the first 30 episodes here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127413.htm
Attachments
teruterukazoku.001.srt
(12.54 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

dtyc
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:38 am

Postby dtyc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 am

Thank you sooooooo much! Really, really appreciate this!

po0t
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:43 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby po0t » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

very cool.. your efforts are very much appreciated :thumleft:

lylyrowan
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Postby lylyrowan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 pm

:lol Good Idea !!

Thanks :cheers:

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Teru teru kazoku [Eng Subs] (Ep 1)

Postby dhisashi » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:45 pm

redkazuo wrote:I've started subbing Teru teru kazoku. But, first, a few caveats:

- I intend to sub more episodes over the following months, but it is going to take a long time to do them all;
- I'm not fluent in Japanese, and I know little Osaka dialect;
- I've subbed this because I didn't think anyone else would;
- Where I couldn't tell precisely what was being said, I guessed.

That being said, I hope some people can enjoy this. Oh, and if someone wants to do better subs with my timings, please do so. :-)

A special thanks to bmwracer, who uploaded the first 30 episodes here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127413.htm

If the subs convey the thought. It does not really matter that they are not verbatim.

Thanks for taking on this project I hope that you will continue until the end.
:salut:

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Teru teru kazoku [Eng Subs] (Ep 1)

Postby dhisashi » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:18 pm

redkazuo wrote:I've started subbing Teru teru kazoku. But, first, a few caveats:

- I intend to sub more episodes over the following months, but it is going to take a long time to do them all;


You are still intending to sub these are you not?

:scratch:

..

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby dhisashi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 pm

It looks like this Project has been dropped.

:pale: :unsure: :pale:

..

Soul Crusher
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:35 am

Postby Soul Crusher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 pm

dhisashi wrote:It looks like this Project has been dropped.

:pale: :unsure: :pale:

..


dhisashi,

redkazuo has already said in the first post he/she will be taking a while to sub it.

You really ought to be more understanding and wait patiently like the rest of us, instead of making demoralizing comments like these.

Shame on you!

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby dhisashi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Soul Crusher wrote:
dhisashi wrote:It looks like this Project has been dropped.

:pale: :unsure: :pale:

..


dhisashi,

redkazuo has already said in the first post he/she will be taking a while to sub it.

You really ought to be more understanding and wait patiently like the rest of us, instead of making demoralizing comments like these.

Shame on you!


Are you aware that this is an Asadora with 150 episodes. With one episode subbed every 6 weeks that would total some 900 weeks or almost 18 years!

Sorry but at my age of 69, I do not think that I can be THAT understanding or that patient. I may not live to be 87.

:-(

User avatar
antspace
Posts: 1597
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 am
Location: The Netherlands

Postby antspace » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Still it's the rule here on D-Addicts not to put pressure on the translators. Beggars can't be choosers.

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby dhisashi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

antspace wrote:Still it's the rule here on D-Addicts not to put pressure on the translators. Beggars can't be choosers.


My intent was not to pressure this person, but to see if the other 149 episodes were planning to be subbed.

I have PMed the author with no response so I merely stated that it looks as if this Project has been dropped.

Subbing an Asadora is a big project that should really be taken on by a team.

Keeping a Topic open when there is no intent to continue a Project, in my opinion is not a good idea.

User avatar
antspace
Posts: 1597
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 am
Location: The Netherlands

Postby antspace » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm

It might not be your intention to pressure the subber, but through your earlier posts and a PM you are.
The subber stated that it might go slow beforehand. So please accept that.

Soul Crusher
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:35 am

Postby Soul Crusher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 am

I completely agree with what antspace has said.

It doesn't matter whether this is a 10-episode idol drama or a 150-episode asadora, or even whether you can or can't live to 87 years old. The main point is the subber is not obligated to you or anyone else in any way.

Even if you have a terminal illness and 100 days to live (touch wood!), the subber is still not obligated to you. You have to accept that.

Anyway, your worry is kind of moot, because...
    (1) if a subbing team really wants to pick this up, they can do so. redkazuo has already given the okay in the first post, so it's not like redkazuo is preventing others from picking this up.
    (2) the subbing team might take even longer than redkazuo to complete the subs. As you probably noticed by now, the interest level of this asadora among subbers is quite low, so instead of being choosy, you should be glad that redkazuo is subbing this at all.

po0t
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:43 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby po0t » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:56 am

dhisashi wrote:Are you aware that this is an Asadora with 150 episodes. With one episode subbed every 6 weeks that would total some 900 weeks or almost 18 years!

Sorry but at my age of 69, I do not think that I can be THAT understanding or that patient. I may not live to be 87.

:-(


time to take some Japanese classes..
someone could probably help out with timings for the subs so that redkazuo could focus on translating.. i don't have the time for it these days

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby dhisashi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm

po0t wrote:
dhisashi wrote:Are you aware that this is an Asadora with 150 episodes. With one episode subbed every 6 weeks that would total some 900 weeks or almost 18 years!

Sorry but at my age of 69, I do not think that I can be THAT understanding or that patient. I may not live to be 87.

:-(


time to take some Japanese classes..
someone could probably help out with timings for the subs so that redkazuo could focus on translating.. i don't have the time for it these days


That was my point exactly. Since I had already PM the original author with no response I simply felt that this Topic was dead.

No one is going to devote 18 years of their lives in subbing one project.

It would be quicker for me to learn Japanese than waiting for 18 years. Thanks for noticing this.


:-)

po0t
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:43 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby po0t » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 am

dhisashi wrote:That was my point exactly. Since I had already PM the original author with no response I simply felt that this Topic was dead.

No one is going to devote 18 years of their lives in subbing one project.

It would be quicker for me to learn Japanese than waiting for 18 years. Thanks for noticing this.

:-)


i wouldn't be so quick to call this project dead.. but yeah, if you don't wanna wait, maybe check out that Pimsleur Approach stuff. then you'll never have to wait on subs ever again :P

redkazuo is doing this simply because no one else is. i can say from one brief experience that doing timings for subtitles is a huge pain in the ass, and if someone coud help out in that area, it'd be a huge load off of redkazuo(i'm sure he'll be back in this thread at some point). one could maybe take the initiative to round up a crew to work on this.. speaking for myself, i don't mind waiting. i've got a huge backlog of stuff that still needs watching.. and in the meantime, i'm trying to learn Japanese


Return to “Subtitles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cirmos, Ircsi, makoto10, yaqin321 and 34 guests