Naniwa Shounen Tanteidan [English Extern Subs] (Ep 3) [DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
yuuki.

Naniwa Shounen Tanteidan [English Extern Subs] (Ep 3) [DROPPED]

Postby yuuki. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Last edited by yuuki. on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Just letting you know EricParo is also currently subbing this series:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_114026.htm

If you are interested perhaps you can pick up Ghost Mama Sousasen http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_114015.htm? :)
That one is quite good too and hasn't been picked up by anyone yet.
Last edited by furransu on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm

yup, he was about 4 hours faster than me. i don't think i want to take up multiple projects at this time, seeing that i dedicated like 3 days to complete a 98-minute episode. thanks for the heads up!

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:19 pm

yuuki. wrote:yup, he was about 4 hours faster than me. i don't think i want to take up multiple projects at this time, seeing that i dedicated like 3 days to complete a 98-minute episode. thanks for the heads up!

it's best if the 2 of you don't pick up the same drama.

if you are able to continue Naniwa, i'll try and ask EricParo to see if he's interested in picking up Ghost Mama instead.

i just don't want to see both parties ending up dropping Naniwa :(

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:28 pm

i have a habit of losing interest quickly, so this time by posting it in public i hope to be able to force myself to complete it :unsure: can't more people do the same show? :)

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 pm

yuuki. wrote:can't more people do the same show? :)

it's fine, but having more unsubbed dramas get picked up is better for everyone :) otherwise i think the efforts from both parties will be redundant :(

itoshinotegoshi

Postby itoshinotegoshi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you so much for this

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:52 pm

kansaiben is really tough though lol. i've not been listening much of it before, so it's been a huge learning curve for me. </rant>

lollercopter

Postby lollercopter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for the subs, whether you're continuing them or not.

ericparo

Postby ericparo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm

yuuki. wrote:i have a habit of losing interest quickly, so this time by posting it in public i hope to be able to force myself to complete it :unsure: can't more people do the same show? :)

Hi Yuuki, I'm the original subber who actually has announced and signed up for this drama;
as you say the public is a great motivation and the confusion of redundant subbing is not good for the public; last time 8thsin left a mess behind him for the Ataru drama.
If you subbed 4 hours after me you are fast and I'll let you sub episode 02 on your own;
if you can't make it I'll back up and help.
All this is really a bother, but no one expect the net to be a courteous and friendly place ...
God forbid, i need to stay sharp :)
Keep up your job Yuuki,
Eric

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 am

ericparo wrote:
yuuki. wrote:i have a habit of losing interest quickly, so this time by posting it in public i hope to be able to force myself to complete it :unsure: can't more people do the same show? :)

Hi Yuuki, I'm the original subber who actually has announced and signed up for this drama;
as you say the public is a great motivation and the confusion of redundant subbing is not good for the public; last time 8thsin left a mess behind him for the Ataru drama.
If you subbed 4 hours after me you are fast and I'll let you sub episode 02 on your own;
if you can't make it I'll back up and help.
All this is really a bother, but no one expect the net to be a courteous and friendly place ...
God forbid, i need to stay sharp :)
Keep up your job Yuuki,
Eric

thanks for the support! i'm not really aware of the people and rules around here. where should announcements/signups go?

furransu

Postby furransu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:34 am

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:37 am

ah, i see. the last time i checked it was blank. i should check again next time before posting this thread. my bad!

furransu

Postby furransu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm

i hope you will continue with ep2 onwards :)

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

working on it. 60%ish translated so far. kansaiben isn't my forte :crazy:

ericparo

Postby ericparo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:57 pm

yuuki. wrote:working on it. 60%ish translated so far. kansaiben isn't my forte :crazy:

Dude if you can sub this drama, you can sub any drama ...
Gambatte OK :-)

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:49 am

ericparo wrote:
yuuki. wrote:working on it. 60%ish translated so far. kansaiben isn't my forte :crazy:

just curious - is this really a challenging show?
i mean it is for me...as it also is for any first-timer, so i don't know if a veteran would find this easier.

itoshinotegoshi

Postby itoshinotegoshi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:23 am

Thank you so much for ep2 subs.

dhieya

Postby dhieya » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:09 am

sankyu~ =)

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Postby hazelkenro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:05 am

thanks for sub

furransu

Postby furransu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:17 am

Thanks for ep2 :) one of my favourites already this season.

b4u2bweird

Postby b4u2bweird » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 am

thank you... :D

r1ck

Postby r1ck » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 am

Thank you so much for ep02.

ericparo

Postby ericparo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:12 am

yuuki. wrote:
ericparo wrote:

i mean it is for me...as it also is for any first-timer, so i don't know if a veteran would find this easier.

It's good to have constant challenges; comfort is a killer. :)
Osaka dialect is really hard ... sure veteran, the guy who lived in Osaka 10 years will surely hear it better than you and me;
me i was in Shinjuku 10 years.

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 am

ericparo wrote:
yuuki. wrote:
ericparo wrote:

It's good to have constant challenges; comfort is a killer. :)
Osaka dialect is really hard ... sure veteran, the guy who lived in Osaka 10 years will surely hear it better than you and me;
me i was in Shinjuku 10 years.

agreed agreed. this is a killer lol. i picked up a hard one for a start :(
i wish i were in japan for 10 years too; must've been really fun

moraima

Postby moraima » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you! :-)

hvde

Postby hvde » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you for Episode 2, yuuki! I loooove this drama. I hope that you don't abandon this drama in midterm, or else I am going to strangle you with my own hands... Just kidding... not :-)

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:03 pm

hvde wrote:Thank you for Episode 2, yuuki! I loooove this drama. I hope that you don't abandon this drama in midterm, or else I am going to strangle you with my own hands... Just kidding... not :-)

:P

ericparo

Postby ericparo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Finally had time to see your subs after my job tonight.. dude, you really did a good job, keep it up!

kirtil

Postby kirtil » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 am

cheers for the subs

shiro39

Postby shiro39 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Sunshinegirl

Postby Sunshinegirl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27 pm

thank you for the subs :)

kimutaku144

Postby kimutaku144 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:52 am

thanks for subbing.. Kansai-ben is really hard isn't it? I can't make it what they say all the time (not that I'm understand much japanese)

I didn't plan to watch this series, but turn out to be it's not too bad, story and acting wise.

Just curious do you translate it based on the japanese subs or based on the actuall video?

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:02 am

kimutaku144 wrote:thanks for subbing.. Kansai-ben is really hard isn't it? I can't make it what they say all the time (not that I'm understand much japanese)

I didn't plan to watch this series, but turn out to be it's not too bad, story and acting wise.

Just curious do you translate it based on the japanese subs or based on the actuall video?

i mainly translate from the japanese subs taken from http://jpsubbers.x10.mx/Japanese-Subtitles/ , then cross reference with the chinese subs for some words that i can't make sense out of or can't think of an appropriate phrase to translate into, and finally listen to the actual video to check for discrepancies. after subs are done, i quickly watch through the video to ensure the translation fit the context as accurately as possible

kimutaku144

Postby kimutaku144 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:10 pm

yuuki. wrote:
kimutaku144 wrote:thanks for subbing.. Kansai-ben is really hard isn't it? I can't make it what they say all the time (not that I'm understand much japanese)

i mainly translate from the japanese subs taken from http://jpsubbers.x10.mx/Japanese-Subtitles/ , then cross reference with the chinese subs for some words that i can't make sense out of or can't think of an appropriate phrase to translate into, and finally listen to the actual video to check for discrepancies. after subs are done, i quickly watch through the video to ensure the translation fit the context as accurately as possible

awesome! alot of time and hardwork involved ^.^"
it's really beneficial (in the subbing world context) to read and understand several other languages isn't it?

thanks alot for this!

ericparo

Postby ericparo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 am

yuuki. wrote:i mainly translate from the japanese subs taken from http://jpsubbers.x10.mx/Japanese-Subtitles/ , then cross reference with the chinese subs for some words that i can't make sense out of or can't think of an appropriate phrase to translate into, and finally listen to the actual video to check for discrepancies. after subs are done, i quickly watch through the video to ensure the translation fit the context as accurately as possible

Actually with a dialect I take it the other way round, i listen several times first because a dialectal sentence is always attached to a very similar structure in the "classical/official" language.

Look Yuuki my best source for Chinese subs is "Shooter":
http://paroissien.free.fr/mov/mov.html#subs
see my other subs sources...
WHat are yours for Chinese?

hvde

Postby hvde » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 am

Good luck with Episode 3, yuuki-san ! Gambatte kudasai !

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Postby hazelkenro » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 am

thanks for sharing

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 am

ericparo wrote:
yuuki. wrote:i mainly translate from the japanese subs taken from http://jpsubbers.x10.mx/Japanese-Subtitles/ , then cross reference with the chinese subs for some words that i can't make sense out of or can't think of an appropriate phrase to translate into, and finally listen to the actual video to check for discrepancies. after subs are done, i quickly watch through the video to ensure the translation fit the context as accurately as possible

Actually with a dialect I take it the other way round, i listen several times first because a dialectal sentence is always attached to a very similar structure in the "classical/official" language.

Look Yuuki my best source for Chinese subs is "Shooter":
http://paroissien.free.fr/mov/mov.html#subs
see my other subs sources...
WHat are yours for Chinese?

on the contrary, the dialect can get really confusing especially if one is new to it (all i previously ever understood about 関西弁 before starting on this show were なんでやねん and 分からへんわ).
initially i easily misunderstood おらへん or あるさかい. the rest would be relatively a lot easier to differentiate e.g. やから、せや、やねん. the worst strikes when they say proverbs in non標準語...now that's a nightmare to translate.

i do not know of such chinese sub sources. for this series, i tried YYeTs torrents from d-addicts.

though i'm born chinese, i'm not particularly good at the language. i still try to rough out the difficult words in the subtitles sometimes. i'm very surprised that you watch chinese subs!

p.s. chinese subs for ep3 was uploaded after i released my english subs, translations took a lot longer and may not be 100% accurate as per previous episodes, since cross-referencing work could not be done. nonetheless i strive with utmost effort to translate as much as possible and as accurately as possible.

hvde

Postby hvde » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:52 am

Thanks a lot for Episode 3, yuuki-san! I got the chance to watch it only now. Haha @ the scene where she says "The winner gets a kiss from sensei" and nobody wants her kiss. Those kids don't know the value of anything! I mean, come on: a kiss by Mikako Tabe! :-)

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 am

hvde wrote:Thanks a lot for Episode 3, yuuki-san! I got the chance to watch it only now. Haha @ the scene where she says "The winner gets a kiss from sensei" and nobody wants her kiss. Those kids don't know the value of anything! I mean, come on: a kiss by Mikako Tabe! :-)

i love awkward silence scenes. those cold dark humors XD

ZemusDS

Postby ZemusDS » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks for all great efforts so far, yuuki. :thumleft: Sad to see the series dropped, although I do understand your situation and frustration.

hvde

Postby hvde » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Nooooo... The subbing is dropped? This is my worst nightmare. I feel your pain, yuuki-san, but couldn't you reconsider your decision, please? Onegai shimasu! Ugh, those damn streaming sites... I don't know how they operate, but I am sure they don't even bother to read the subtitles that they steal. They just delete any line containing "http" or something. Maybe if you replace your credits line:

Code: Select all

subtitles by yuuki- http://subs.vtsuki.net/

with this line:

by yuuki- s u b s . v t s u k i . n e t

you would avoid detection? I know that that's not the point, and that it's unfair to you, but... Ugh, those damn streaming sites...

furransu

Postby furransu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:29 am

I am halting uploading the raws until someone continues providing english softsubs.

yuuki.

Postby yuuki. » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:49 am

hvde wrote:Nooooo... The subbing is dropped? This is my worst nightmare. I feel your pain, yuuki-san, but couldn't you reconsider your decision, please? Onegai shimasu! Ugh, those damn streaming sites... I don't know how they operate, but I am sure they don't even bother to read the subtitles that they steal. They just delete any line containing "http" or something. Maybe if you replace your credits line:

subtitles by yuuki- http://subs.vtsuki.net/

with this line:

by yuuki- s u b s . v t s u k i . n e t

you would avoid detection? I know that that's not the point, and that it's unfair to you, but... Ugh, those damn streaming sites...

as far as i know, epicparo's credentials were deleted as well. it seems as if they scan through the file to remove all works that belong to a subber and pretend it's their own. as far as i'd want to expose the site, i don't think that'd be appropriate

Return to “Subtitles”