Ace wo Nerae [SP] [DustOff] [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
delsxyz

Ace wo Nerae [SP] [DustOff] [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby delsxyz » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:30 am

Dust Off Eng Sub Ace-o Nerae Drama Special SMI Eng sub
For Windows OS only
Eng SMI sub

If you get DVD rip, upload hq divx to alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese
Dust will re-do the subs. (according to NFO)
Attachments
Dust_Off_Eng_Sub_ACE_O_Nerae_Special_V1.rar
Windows OS only
Eng SMI sub
(28.92 KiB) Downloaded 2161 times

Camui

Wow!

Postby Camui » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:22 pm

I'm the fourth person to have downloaded the subs.....wow. Does no one know they are up?

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Re: Wow!

Postby LittleGreenGrasshopper » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:30 pm

Camui wrote:I'm the fourth person to have downloaded the subs.....wow. Does no one know they are up?

Actually, if you download the torrent file for the drama special from this site, it comes with the subtitles file already :wink:

delsxyz

Dust sub comes with

Postby delsxyz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:38 pm

DUST sub comes with
sfv (for file's integrity check)
smi
NFO ( Dummy guide to play, to convert avi to mpg or to make
hard sub, etc.)

Very often, BT people just got rid of sfv and nfo to upload.
Thus, many people ask same questions as " How do I use
smi ? How do I make hard sub? How do I make DVD, etc."

So I uploaded various Dust Sub in subtitles forum in the
same way we got at abmj, (newsgroup).

Camui

Postby Camui » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:14 pm

I just looked in the folder and you are right...... :blink

paruparo

Postby paruparo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:46 pm

I have a question on how to work the subs... I opened the Must Read First file, but my computer couldn't read it...? Is there any other way that I could get the subs? Or get them how to work?

delsxyz

NFO

Postby delsxyz » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:50 pm

Unless you take the initiative (?!), NFO is reserved by MICROSOFT.
CHANGE NFO to TXT and read it with notepad.
or
use google for DAMN_NFO_Viewer_v2-10-0032-RC3.exe
and install it. It will automatcally register nfo to open it with NFo viewer.

xstrawberryx

Postby xstrawberryx » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:25 pm

I download the link above but couldnt watch it... is it a bitt torrent link ? gahh i am really confused.... can someone upload it on megaupload or something.. please =/ or send it to my e-mail : tinh_duyen209@yahoo.com..... ty =/

macross

Postby macross » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:24 pm

The link here is just hte subtitle file, not video.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_9874.htm

is the torrent for the video.

xstrawberryx

Postby xstrawberryx » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:52 pm

when i click on the.. folder.. what do i click on.. is it the one that says mustread file? if it is that i tried clicking on that.. but than it wont let me read it... and i tried downloading that Damn_Nfo viewer.. but it got aborted cuz no of no peer ... is there any other way i can get the subs.. im not sure how the subs.. work ? =/ cuz.. all the movie i download has subs with them except this one =/ can someone show me.. ill be very thankful =]

xstrawberryx

Postby xstrawberryx » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:44 am

well i tried converting nfo to microsoft word and it opens.. i follow the direction.. i installed.. VocSub... do i have to dl the.. Virtual Dub too? well it didnt say but i dl it anyways and tried to open the avi file.. the avi file is the movie right? i drag it in.. but than it says.. "Couldnt locate decompressor for format 'WMV3' (unknown) VirtualDub requires a video for windows (VFW) compatible condec to decompress video. DIrectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable." so now im stucked... can someoen help me =/

delsxyz

codec

Postby delsxyz » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:13 am

what you need is CODECS
You can install each individual one or use all in one codec pack.
If everyone uses Divx, life is simple. One prefer to use XVID (why name xvid
by using Divx upside down?) with various flavors (as there is always a new
build which might not be compatible with older flavors), one uses microsoft's
WMV codec. etc. Dust Off's NFO mentions various codecs, and you just
ignored that part. If you cannot play avi file, sub won't work of course.

--Hint--
Go to http://www.codecguide.com/
Try Klite Codec Pack
It also has a module to fix registry.

ahtoot89

HELP!!!

Postby ahtoot89 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:31 pm

i've downloaded the video and installed VobSub 2.23!!! and i've redownloaded the subtitle file just in case it's corrupted BUT WHY I STILL CANNOT SEE ANY SUBTITLES!!!!!!! The sound and video everything is fine EXCEPT SUBTITLES!! HOW DO I FIX IT!!! ( A very very very desperate fan of this series seeking help!!!)

delsxyz

??

Postby delsxyz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Stumbled upon your question.
1: Dust Off's sub comes with NFO text file.
Have you read this nfo (open it with notepad)?
After you installed VobSub 2.23, when you
click avi, has a green arrow shown up in
the taskbar? (If you don't see a green arrow,
something is wrong with installation and/or
compatibility problem is in your system.)

2: Dust Off's sub often comes with sfv file.
If you installed quickpar, or file verification
program, sfv verifies his sub file.
3: If you double clik on other avi file with subtitle file,
and if you see green arrow, then, your problem is
much deeper than you think.

ahtoot89

HuH...

Postby ahtoot89 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:19 am

Lol...maybe it is much deeper than i think...haiz...if thats the case then i'll just try to see what i can do to make it appear. I've watched the show without the subtitles in the movie but i opened the subtitle file in notepad and i slowly scrolled it down while watching the movie! HAHAHA too desperate to watch it man!! I've already tried to fix this prob for a day by installing all sorts of "problem-solver" downloads but to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion anyway =D I'm quite sad that this series "Ace wo Nerae" ends like that! I just can't get enough of her acting in this movie!!!

delsxyz

Re: HuH...

Postby delsxyz » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:27 pm

ahtoot89 wrote:Lol...maybe it is much deeper than i think...haiz...if thats the case then i'll just try to see what i can do to make it appear. I've watched the show without the subtitles in the movie but i opened the subtitle file in notepad and i slowly scrolled it down while watching the movie! HAHAHA too desperate to watch it man!! I've already tried to fix this prob for a day by installing all sorts of "problem-solver" downloads but to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion anyway =D I'm quite sad that this series "Ace wo Nerae" ends like that! I just can't get enough of her acting in this movie!!!

So you can't see a green arrow in a taskbar... sigh...then, look at your codec inventory.
1-Have you installed all in one codec pack (ex K-lite Codec Pack)
2- Have you installed codec individually ( like installing XVid (the latest), Divx, etc.)?
3- Have you installed FFDshow?
A bit stange to say, but...
If you had already installed FFDshow, Remove it.
If you had not installed FFDshow, Install it.
If you are going to install K-lite codec pack, use custom install and check and
uncheck contents and best of all check (x) fix broken codecs, etc.
(You might run Codec Tweak Tool in the configuration folder)
And if nothing works, then, I might have to take a deeper look at your windows
installation files.

ahtoot89

wow

Postby ahtoot89 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:28 pm

Alright!! Thanks for your suggestion!! I tried it out as soon as i saw you. I downloaded K-lite Mega Codec Pack which i assume has all the functions that one can have as it has the biggest file size. it automatically helped me uninstall ffdshow and other stuff like lazyman and maktroska pack which i've installed much earlier.
I went back to play the video but the subtitles were still not there. Moreover, the subtitle file "acespecial" had became from a notepad file to an SMIL document with a "Real" icon representing it. i think it is a result of me installing the mega codec pack.
I'm kinda puzzled too as i had no problem seeing subtitles in the episodes of "Ace wo Nerae" and animes that i have. If you're wondering if the problem lies in the components that i've installed from the codec pack which i've chosen custom installation but i didn't modify anything, here are the list of components installed.

Setup type:
Custom Selection

Selected components:
Players:
BSplayer [version 1.39.829]
Media Player Classic [version 6.4.9.0]
ffdshow [build 2006-04-22]
extra plugins
ffdshow VFW interface
DirectShow video filters:
XviD [version 1.2.0-dev build 2006-04-20]
DivX [version 6.2.2]
CoreAVC
On2 VP6
On2 VP7
VFW video codecs:
XviD [version 1.2.0-dev build 2006-04-20]
DivX Pro [version 6.2.2]
3ivX
x264
Windows Media 9 VCM
QuickTime Alternative:
QuickTime codecs [version 7.0.4.80]
QuickTime plugin for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Opera
QuickTime DirectShow parser
Real Alternative:
RealMedia codecs [version 6.0.12.1483]
RealMedia plugin for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Opera
RealMedia DirectShow splitter
DirectShow audio filters:
MP3
AC3/DTS/LPCM (DVD audio)
AC3Filter 1.01a
Vorbis
MusePack
Monkey's Audio
WavPack
FLAC
ACM audio codecs:
AC3
Vorbis
DirectShow source filters:
MP4 splitter
Gabest
Matroska splitter
Haali
Ogg splitter
Haali
FLV splitter
SHOUTcast Source
DirectShow subtitle filter:
DirectVobSub
v2.37
Encoding tools:
LameDropXPd MP3 encoder
Tools:
GSpot Codec Information Appliance
Sherlock
VobSubStrip
GraphEdit
MMCompView
Compatibility:
Register main DirectShow filters
Detect broken codecs
Detect broken DirectShow filters

Additional tasks:
File associations
Make Media Player Classic the default player for:
AVI (.avi)
MPEG (.mpg .mpeg etc)
Windows Media (.wmv)
Ogg (.ogm)
Matroska (.mkv .mka)
MP4 (.mp4)
QuickTime (.mov .qt .hdmov .3gp etc)
RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb etc)
ffdshow configuration
Decode the following video formats with ffdshow:
MP4V
Generic MPEG-4 (excluding DivX and XviD)
FLV1
H.263, SVQ1, SVQ3, Cinepak
H.261, MJPEG, Theora, VP3
Techsmith, Truemotion, MS Video 1, MSRLE, CorePNG
Decode the following audio formats with ffdshow:
AAC
libfaad2
MP1, MP2
True Audio
AMR, QDM2
Media Player Classic configuration
Output renderer:
Overlay mixer (recommended)
DirectVobSub configuration
Pre-buffer subpictures

delsxyz

Re: wow

Postby delsxyz » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:58 pm

ahtoot89 wrote:Alright!! Thanks for your suggestion!! I tried it out as soon as i saw you. I downloaded K-lite Mega Codec Pack which i assume has all the functions that one can have as it has the biggest file size. it automatically helped me uninstall ffdshow and other stuff like lazyman and maktroska pack which i've installed much earlier.
I went back to play the video but the subtitles were still not there. Moreover, the subtitle file "acespecial" had became from a notepad file to an SMIL document with a "Real" icon representing it. i think it is a result of me installing the mega codec pack.
I'm kinda puzzled too as i had no problem seeing subtitles in the episodes of "Ace wo Nerae" and animes that i have. If you're wondering if the problem lies in the components that i've installed from the codec pack which i've chosen custom installation but i didn't modify anything, here are the list of components installed.

1: Klite Codec pack noticed that you had already installed FFDshow, maktroska pack, etc.
Klite Codec pack also comes with these. So it wants to install these under its program folder. (Sometimes two identical files scattered in different folder causes problems.)

SMI file was associated with Real ( I guess it is an ill will between real and microsoft.) Anyhow, Klite Codec pack also installed (unless you said no) Vobsub.

Do not double click smi. If you do, real player (in your case, Windows Media player
Classic tries to play REAL media.) You must doulbe click avi file which you find
in the same folder of smi file. Do you see any green arrow this time? (Vobsub)
-- yet, you say that you had no problems of seeing subtitles in the episodes of "Ace wo Nerae" and animes that you have. It means you should have noticed a green arrow
in the task bar. Kindly confirm this. If so, make sure that avi file and subtitle file
has the same file name. ex ace.avi ace.smi not ace.avi and ace_wo_nerae.smi.

ahtoot89

Postby ahtoot89 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:20 am

hM...what exactly is an avi file anyway...does it refer to the video file?? Am i suppose to rename the video file the same name as the subtitle file?( Renaming video file as "acespecial" , just like "acespecial.smi") When i downloaded "Ace wo Nerae", it comes with just a video file itself without the smi and sfv file which i found in the "AceWoNerae_DoramaSpecial" folder. While watching the series, there is no green arrow at the taskbar but i'm still able to see the subittles and i'm using VideoLan Player to watch this series and other animes all along.

delsxyz

apparently

Postby delsxyz » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:53 pm

ahtoot89 wrote:hM...what exactly is an avi file anyway...does it refer to the video file?? Am i suppose to rename the video file the same name as the subtitle file?( Renaming video file as "acespecial" , just like "acespecial.smi") When i downloaded "Ace wo Nerae", it comes with just a video file itself without the smi and sfv file which i found in the "AceWoNerae_DoramaSpecial" folder. While watching the series, there is no green arrow at the taskbar but i'm still able to see the subittles and i'm using VideoLan Player to watch this series and other animes all along.

Apparently, you lied to me. You said you had read Dust Off's NFO file with notepad
or NFO viewer. And you followed what you must do under Windows to see Microsoft
creation of SMI format with video file (AVI). Read it again and then complain, will you?
Noone can be a doctor to a patient who claims " I have a stomachache" when you really
hide a stubbed knife with your hand. A doctor will give you an aspirin or pepto until
you show a knife in your stomach. Some players (with built in filter) can play subtitles
without using the 3rd party utility. If that player cannot play one particular subtitle,
you must use other more common players which use the established 3rd party filters.

ahtoot89

Postby ahtoot89 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:37 pm

Uh oh...sorry if i've offended you in any way. I'm only a beginner in these kind of configuration stuff and i'm wondering why this dorama special did not show any subtitles in the VideoLan Player when other videos have subtitles. Because i have this problem, i referred to this section in the Read 1st file.
It stated this:

Setup the subtitles
Now, copy your subtitles and your AVI file into same directory on your HDD
and rename them so that their filenames are exactly identical, but the
extensions remain different.
ex
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Koukou Kyoushi ep02.smi
.....Your player cannot find Eng sub because of the file name.

Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Kyoushi_ep02.smi
-----Your player can find Eng sub automatically.

I did not understand what it is really talking about so i presume by installing the codec pack, i would be able to see the subtitles, which apparently, did not happen. In your advice, you suggested if i could not see a green arrow, i should install a codec pack.

In your analogy, i would be like a patient who himself do not even know that he is "holding a knife in his stomach" and is crying stomachache as he himself do not know where the problem lies and is trying to find a solution to it.

Once again, I apologise and are truly grateful on your time spent to help a beginner like me and try to solve this problem.

raider73

Postby raider73 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:12 pm

ahtoot89 wrote:Setup the subtitles
Now, copy your subtitles and your AVI file into same directory on your HDD
and rename them so that their filenames are exactly identical, but the
extensions remain different.
ex
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Koukou Kyoushi ep02.smi
.....Your player cannot find Eng sub because the filenames are different. Note the red underscores that I highlighted.

Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Kyoushi_ep02.smi

-----Your player can find Eng sub automatically. Note the files are the exact same name except for the extension(the part after the period)

I did not understand what it is really talking about so i presume by installing the codec pack, i would be able to see the subtitles, which apparently, did not happen. In your advice, you suggested if i could not see a green arrow, i should install a codec pack.

What's so hard to understand? The answer is right in your response. The file names have to be the same except for the extension(i.e. avi, smi, srt, etc). Now if you can't see the extension on your files and I'm assuming you're using WinXP then you have Windows default setting to hide externsions. To turn hiding extensions off go to Windows Explorer or My Computer, Click on the Tools button on the top, then click on Folder Options, then click on View, then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

ahtoot89

Postby ahtoot89 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:38 pm

YESH!!! That would be really the crux to my problem!! I didn't know which file to rename so i tried other forms of method like installing the codec pack! YEAYEA I GOT THE SUBTITLES!! THANKS AGAIN PAL!!! Sorry for the trouble and many many thank you!! and most of all...AYA UETO ROCKS!!! God is just too good to us to let such a person exists man!!! :lol :-)

raider73

Postby raider73 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:39 pm

ahtoot89 wrote:YESH!!! That would be really the crux to my problem!! I didn't know which file to rename so i tried other forms of method like installing the codec pack! YEAYEA I GOT THE SUBTITLES!! THANKS AGAIN PAL!!! Sorry for the trouble and many many thank you!! and most of all...AYA UETO ROCKS!!! God is just too good to us to let such a person exists man!!! :lol :-)

Cool, glad I can be of help and that you got it working.

BTW, I recommend the CCCP codec pack instead of the K-Lite since that is the codec pack most anime groups are using for releases and it should play almost everything out there. The K-Lite worked for all the dramas but didn't work for some animes(couldn't get subtitles to work--GTO btw) for me so I've switched to the CCCP and now it plays everything (anime and dramas)

http://www.cccp-project.net/

ahtoot89

Postby ahtoot89 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:37 pm

Alright! I've installed that after i saw your recommendation. Really appreciate your advice :lol
It would be good if could learn this kind of stuff and do all these myself and not trouble anyone :P

delsxyz

Just to make sure

Postby delsxyz » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:02 pm

ahtoot89 wrote:Alright! I've installed that after i saw your recommendation. Really appreciate your advice :lol
It would be good if could learn this kind of stuff and do all these myself and not trouble anyone :P

Just to make sure one thing.
YOU MUST NOT INSTALL DIFFERENT ALL IN ONE CODEC PACK multiple times.
If you install individual codec, for example, VOBSUB, it creates its own folder
under C:\Program Files\Gabest\VobSub
If you did not uninstall VOBSUB, Klite codec pack created C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\
If you did not uninstall Klite Codec pack, when you intalled another Codec pack
another instance of vsfilter.dll shall be copied to other places. This confuses
Windows Registry and eventually it will corrupt your system. And I am talking about
only one codec. Codec pack installs tons of them, unless you took time to
pick needed codecs only one by one in custom install.

"Do not take one medicine while you take another one for the same
sickness."

ahtoot89

Postby ahtoot89 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:18 am

Roger that! haha you really sound like a doctor, talking about all these medicine and doctor consulting stuff. kk i'll take notice of that =D

dukefleed

Postby dukefleed » Fri May 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Thank you very much,
Great Job!

Return to “Subtitles”