Happy Chinese New Year

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

Will you be celebrating Chinese New Year with your family?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 9

budbellybottom

Happy Chinese New Year

Post by budbellybottom » Feb 3rd, '08, 23:45

:nar: To every members, (I not sure if I put this in the correct section for this topic, if wrong; sorry)

Back to topic, I wish every members and anyone who reading this a "Happy Chinese New Year!" :wohow:

Have you anything special plan?

I sadly will have to stay at Univ and cannot go home this year, I might catch a late night train and be wiith my family? Is there anyone else missing Chinese New Year with their family.

Best Wishes, Helen

djj2234

Post by djj2234 » Feb 6th, '08, 04:41

my family will go out for chinese dinner on chinese new year eve. of course the best part is the red envelope. hope everyone has a happy chinese new year.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Feb 17th, '08, 20:11

A belated Happy Chinese New Year wish to you all whom celebrated....may u all got many red envelopes :D....very interesting customs to do for the Chinese new year....my friend from Beijing told me that the one that has a birthday sign for year has to wear all red colors including the underwear too, and that the year birthday sign can not get marry too during that year because it'll be bad luck for him/her....very interesting, and u have to put in two different kind of trees in the house too?; I forgot the names of the trees, but just listening to her talking about it and describing it put me in the mood of festivities too :D....she said she and her grandma gonna bake lots of cakes too, they have to have lots of cakes and I forgot to ask what kind of cakes :D....also she told me that if any child say something nice to an adult stranger during the new year's day, the stranger has to give money to the child, now that's just wonderful :-)....so very interesting to know some new things about a custom and culture of a neighbor :D....HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO ALL D-ADDICTS EVEN THOUGH YOUR NOT CHINESE :P :D....

Star-Bolt

Post by Star-Bolt » Feb 18th, '08, 01:12

I didnt celebrate with my family because Im not chinese hehehe. But I celebrated with my taiwanese friends. I celebrate with them since 4 years ^^. Lucky they can rest one week =P.

I want to send a belated happy chinese new year too. Be prepared to this year

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 18th, '08, 05:11

i celebrated chinese new year by stuffing my face with as much chinese food as possible.

aznbabe

Post by aznbabe » Feb 22nd, '08, 18:32

we didn't celebrate.. my parents don't have the time to do so =/