TAIWAN BUT HOKKIEN LANGUAGE DRAMAS NEEDED

Discuss chinese drama series here.
jovi75

TAIWAN BUT HOKKIEN LANGUAGE DRAMAS NEEDED

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 08:15

HI ALL........I CAN'T READ CHINESE AND .I M NOT REALLY A FAN OF TAIWANESE DRAMAS HOWEVER SINCE I WATCHED A VERY POPULAR HOKKIEN TAIWANESE DRAMA CALLED "THE SPIRITS OF LOVE" I M EAGER TO LOOK FOR MORE TAIWANESE HOKKIEN TYPE DRAMA.ANY IDEA WHAT ARE THE TITLES AND WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT BY USING TORRENT? PLEASE DO NOT RECOMMEND ME TAIWANESE BUT MANDARIN LANGUAGE AS I M ONLY INTERESTED IN HOKKIEN LANGUAGE BUT HOPEFULLY WITH ENG SUBS.THANKS A LOT. :cheers: :thumright:

groink

Post by groink » May 18th, '06, 08:17

You may want to check out your keyboard... The CAPS lock key seems to be permanantly on.

http://www.netmanners.com/courtesy1.html

--- groink

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 18th, '06, 08:33

groink wrote:You may want to check out your keyboard... The CAPS lock key seems to be permanantly on.

http://www.netmanners.com/courtesy1.html

--- groink
that was a great site, groink :lol ..........and it has the correct time on it, too :roll

i'll bookmark it for the times when i see someone using excessive CAPS in IRC. :whistling:

but @jovi75: i'm a little confused by your post. Hokkien is a Chinese dialect similar to the Minnan dialect spoken in Fujian.........which is also similar to the Taiwanese dialect since it borders Southern Fujian. I think a lot of the dramas uploaded onto D-A are in standard Mandarin or its second popular Cantonese.

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 08:56

hahaha what a joke hawaiian guy......i ask you for a help on dramas not on my manner....anyway sorry if u feel i shouted at you like example......heyyyyyyyy groinkkkkkk gimmmmeeeee some taiwan hokkien dramasssssssss plssssssssssss nowwwwwwwww hahaha.....anyway as for lilswtangel.....i m not sure if taiwan other language is minnan or fujian....i m from malaysia not taiwan.......ha ha ha......anyway i m very suprise why nobody here watch the popular drama "the spirits of love".........i want that type of drama............i have the soundtracks too.....unfortunately i don't know the actors and actresses name as it is in chinese.....but i know that drama is owned by this company..... www.ftv.com.tw any idea how can i post the actor and actress pictures in here.....i m totally newbie in here.....thanks!!

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 09:04

精選戲劇
[img]http://61.31.193.84/channel_pay/photo/U ... tableb.jpg[/img]
Any idea about this popular drama? I want this type of drama to download in fujian or minnan language not mandarin......this language is so funny ha ha ha :w00t: :D

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 09:06

http://ftv.webs-tv.net/
This is the direct website of this popular drama but not popular in here....ha ha ha

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 09:10

[img]http://61.31.193.84/channel_pay/photo/C ... stinyb.jpg[/img]

Is this drama similar like "the spirits of love"? I mean are they talking in minnan or fujian language?.....What's the title in english? Can i download in here using torrent? Did i ask too much? ha ha ha!!! :lol

mieko

Post by mieko » May 18th, '06, 09:11

jovi75 wrote:hahaha what a joke hawaiian guy......i ask you for a help on dramas not on my manner....anyway sorry if u feel i shouted at you like example......heyyyyyyyy groinkkkkkk gimmmmeeeee some taiwan hokkien dramasssssssss plssssssssssss nowwwwwwwww hahaha.....anyway as for lilswtangel.....i m not sure if taiwan other la
Ahh... Groink was pointing out your clearly rude post and you reply with this crap !!!
I suggest you go somewhere else with that additude as you are clearly not going to get any help with the way you just acted.

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 09:40

Hmm....I was joking but you think I m a rude person....Well British and Malaysia relationship will never be same after your sweet remark on me.Do you watch taiwanese dramas anyway? If not then i suggest you to look for any forum that has your people.just to prove I m not rude....Thanks!!! :w00t:
mieko wrote:
jovi75 wrote:hahaha what a joke hawaiian guy......i ask you for a help on dramas not on my manner....anyway sorry if u feel i shouted at you like example......heyyyyyyyy groinkkkkkk gimmmmeeeee some taiwan hokkien dramasssssssss plssssssssssss nowwwwwwwww hahaha.....anyway as for lilswtangel.....i m not sure if taiwan other la
Ahh... Groink was pointing out your clearly rude post and you reply with this crap !!!
I suggest you go somewhere else with that additude as you are clearly not going to get any help with the way you just acted.

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 18th, '06, 09:44

Anyone that can help to my questions and problems here pls post.Those who has nothing to do with my problems and questions pls I said please leave from this topic as far as you can.........as you are not needed here because I think you can create some havoc here............and anyway i don't turn the caps anymore as earlier caps was totally mistakes..............Thanks and thanks!

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 19th, '06, 06:23

Anyone that knows about the dramas that i've posted pls reply to me and see if you know where i can find that drama website for downloading using torrent.........i think taiwan fujian or minnan language dramas are more cool and more realistic than those talking in mandarin...........any support? :wub:

jovi75

Spirits Of Love Theme Song

Post by jovi75 » May 19th, '06, 06:35

I hope u guys and gals like this song............... :goggle: :w00t:
Attachments
Track01.rar
This is the spirits of love theme song.....hope those interested will enjoy it............
(114 Bytes) Downloaded 99 times

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 19th, '06, 06:38

I hope i m not the only one watching this super drama.......it's about gangsterism,forbidden love,revenge,greedness,respect,loyalty,power,money,status and lastly love..........a MUST see drama............

jovi75

Re: Spirits Of Love Theme Song

Post by jovi75 » May 19th, '06, 06:41

This song is supported by real player a.k.a RA......or Media Rack.......pls be informed..................
jovi75 wrote:I hope u guys and gals like this song............... :goggle: :w00t:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 19th, '06, 14:24

You gotta include the Chinese titles... I understand English (primary language) but I never pay attention to English drama titles ... So I can't help you unless you give more info on the drama you like.

As for ftv drama. The audience for it is very limited, as population of Hokkian / Taiwanese speakers is small compared to Mandarin speakers. Even less in a largely English site like this. Most interest in these dramas are in TW where they get it for free anyways...

There was a couple of good localized dramas on Gong Shi (PTV?) but it's hard to even get DVDs. ydy used to carry PiLiHuo and the subsequent drama a bit, but interest in that has died...

Raura1020

Post by Raura1020 » May 19th, '06, 23:32

Yes, Gong Shi is Public TV/PTV.

It's kind of hard to help you, because our Hokkien drama in here doesn't have a English title when broadcasting here. But I find the drama you ask for because I know who the guy in your first picture is lol, it's "yi nan wang" in Chiese title. Yes, the drama in the second pic you posted is in Tawanese (Fujian), too. :)

You said the Fujian language Drama is more realistic....ummm...not exactly, "PiLiHuo" was popular Fujian drama in Taiwan, but it was ridiculous lol

persimon_pg

Post by persimon_pg » May 20th, '06, 02:13

Hi,
I agree with auroragb that there are lack of interest in the Hokkien dialect tv series. Y ou may try hiring video tapes which is what I did many months ago. The only place producing this is Taiwan as far as I know. Penang Hokkien and Taiwanese Kokkien are similar except the Tawanese has trouble understanding the Penang Hokkien i.e. based on my experience.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 20th, '06, 05:21

iirc AZN broadcasted Han Yeh (cold night?) here a while back with English subs... but I don't think i ever saw it on torrents

jovi75

I mean this drama.............

Post by jovi75 » May 20th, '06, 07:13

Is this drama in mandarin or hokkien language?
jovi75 wrote:[img]http://61.31.193.84/channel_pay/photo/C ... stinyb.jpg[/img]

Is this drama similar like "the spirits of love"? I mean are they talking in minnan or fujian language?.....What's the title in english? Can i download in here using torrent? Did i ask too much? ha ha ha!!! :lol

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » May 20th, '06, 07:17

Hi sister........thanks for replying cause you are a pure taiwanese so it's kind of easy me to ask you......u mean the first drama i posted actor name is Yi Nan Wang? Is he a singer? Is he who sings the theme song?Well any idea to get the torrent for the 2nd drama?.....I like this kind of dramas.....in talks bout reality of life but i like it's language too...........yeah rude but realistic life for chinese ppl....... 8)
Raura1020 wrote:Yes, Gong Shi is Public TV/PTV.

It's kind of hard to help you, because our Hokkien drama in here doesn't have a English title when broadcasting here. But I find the drama you ask for because I know who the guy in your first picture is lol, it's "yi nan wang" in Chiese title. Yes, the drama in the second pic you posted is in Tawanese (Fujian), too. :)

You said the Fujian language Drama is more realistic....ummm...not exactly, "PiLiHuo" was popular Fujian drama in Taiwan, but it was ridiculous lol

bOobEebUu

Post by bOobEebUu » Jun 6th, '06, 01:58

Hey jovi75..u hav anymore of the Spirits of Love OST?share it dude..

Raura1020

Post by Raura1020 » Jun 14th, '06, 15:37

jovi75 wrote:Hi sister........thanks for replying cause you are a pure taiwanese so it's kind of easy me to ask you......u mean the first drama i posted actor name is Yi Nan Wang? Is he a singer? Is he who sings the theme song?Well any idea to get the torrent for the 2nd drama?.....I like this kind of dramas.....in talks bout reality of life but i like it's language too...........yeah rude but realistic life for chinese ppl....... 8)
Sorry for replying late :O

You get me wrong :P I meant the drama title is "Yi Nan Wang" and the actor in the pic is Jason Wang. I don't know if the theme song is sungby him or the torrent thing because I wouldn't watch these drama. :| Sorry!

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Jun 23rd, '06, 03:33

Hmm can someone tell me where to downlaod "The Spirit Of Love" OST... Yea as you all mention this drama a must watch hokkien drama.... Anyway is there any website that I can download this drama...I haven't finish watch it, currently it air on ASTRO channel 19.....Some more I only manageto watch certain part and miss out a lot episode...So someone can tell me where to download thank :salut:

showsomemercy

Post by showsomemercy » Jul 3rd, '06, 11:05

yeah i need the OST as wellz! anybody got? hehe! i want to download the torrent also! haha
help..
^^

showsomemercy

Post by showsomemercy » Jul 5th, '06, 11:04

nobody has it or can tell where can i download it?

chengkj

Post by chengkj » Oct 5th, '06, 13:41

I wonder if anyone has the series "Yi Nan Wang"? a friend of mine asked me to find the last episode for her, since the day it was to be shown here, we had a metro-wide blackout due to bad weather :cry:

any help to find that final episode would be highly appreciated :-)

P.S. I'm assuming the series has ended now, though if it hasn't, I'll verify what particular episode is needed :roll

yinsw

Post by yinsw » Feb 3rd, '07, 14:37

Anyone with the OST? Although the series already ended in Taiwan but it's still showing in my place..

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: I mean this drama.............

Post by strawberrie1210 » Feb 3rd, '07, 14:58

jovi75 wrote:Is this drama in mandarin or hokkien language?
jovi75 wrote:[img]http://61.31.193.84/channel_pay/photo/C ... stinyb.jpg[/img]

the picture you have posted..is the show 'The Destined Pair(s)'. it's in hokkien, anyway.

jovi75

Yi Nan Wang a.k.a The Spirits Of Love

Post by jovi75 » May 13th, '07, 04:26

The spirits of love fans can hear the karaoke version in this series at www.youtube.com Type jovi75 under the SEARCH box..........What a series to be watched! :salut:

shiawase1688

Post by shiawase1688 » Sep 19th, '07, 11:48

I hope this is relevant to this topic. Just wondering have anyone watched the series titled "nu ren 40 yi zhi hua". Its a Tawainese series about women in their 40's and how to become younger. Its part drama part comedy. The show is not in mandarin.

jovi75

Hi

Post by jovi75 » Sep 19th, '07, 12:18

Not sure......... :mrgreen:

lexuos2006

Post by lexuos2006 » Sep 22nd, '07, 17:30

i love Taiwanese dramas to but at times the suspense kills me so much i just record it and forward all the way through....LOLZ!!
Aniway..since u are a malaysian(so am i)...i would recommend that u watch 'Unique Flavor'....its good...but i prefer 'Taiwan Ah Cheng' ,its good especially towards the end...

Pauline

Post by Pauline » Sep 23rd, '07, 05:58

Malaysias with Astro should know Hokkien/ Mandarin Hua Dee Tai [Ch 333] will start airing in October and KBS World [Ch 303] for Korean drama lovers.

jovi75

Hi

Post by jovi75 » Sep 23rd, '07, 06:53

Thanks pauline for informing.........it's not that all taiwan's hokkien dramas are good......some of it but no drama beats The Spirits Of Love........yet!

lexuos2006

Post by lexuos2006 » Sep 24th, '07, 12:11

lol.....i dun have Astro.......
i havent watched The Spirits of Love....but till date i still love "Taiwan Ah Cheng".....
very hard to get good shows nowadays....*sob* *sob*...

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » Oct 5th, '07, 16:47

Now the latest I heard is this drama have about 1000 plus episodes.....I thought it has around 526-536........it seems this drama won't end.....anyway......what I know is that the son of god Chua Ching Pao won't die in the end but lost almost all his family..........niu niu will die suffering from heart problem thinking about Ah Bing.....Pei Chi will make Sheng Tian and his family business bankrupt as she will team up with Chua Ching Pao........Ting Ting will die too after being abused by her doctor husband because her husband becomes greedy to get Ting Ting property Tian Ma...........Ah Shui and his wife will get a child in the end...........Sheng Tian will leave Li Zhu and his company flop but Li Zhu will come back to him and save his career in the end..............there would be more new faces in the future including a very bad gangster............. 8)

dreamersuki

Post by dreamersuki » Feb 29th, '08, 05:58

Hello Jovi. I'm new here, and watching this series@Astro. Are you still watching the series? It's 2008 now, and this discussion hasnt been in touch for some time. It was very irritating in the beginning with Ting Ting's evil dad, then when he died, etc.. and then I like the actress who played Ting Ting's mum, shes veteran..but then because of her daughter she somewhat become selfish, and anyway she is from a rich family, im on the part where Bing & Tian Zhu will join up with Lei Gong as gangster, I don't know how Bing got away for letting off Alan, did u see that episode? thanks

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » Mar 1st, '08, 03:52

dreamersuki wrote:Hello Jovi. I'm new here, and watching this series@Astro. Are you still watching the series? It's 2008 now, and this discussion hasnt been in touch for some time. It was very irritating in the beginning with Ting Ting's evil dad, then when he died, etc.. and then I like the actress who played Ting Ting's mum, shes veteran..but then because of her daughter she somewhat become selfish, and anyway she is from a rich family, im on the part where Bing & Tian Zhu will join up with Lei Gong as gangster, I don't know how Bing got away for letting off Alan, did u see that episode? thanks
Not really. I skipped sometimes because kinda dull at certain episodes. However what I heard from advanced viewers, Ting Ting will die because of being abused by the evil doctor Wen Hua and the same goes for Niu Niu dies because she's so depressed with her situation with her former husband Ah Bing. Ah Shui's wife will die too and Ah Shui will last be with Bo Ai's current head supervisor (she once has a relationship with Ting Ting's real father). Li Zhu will come back again to help Sheng Tian when his business went real bad. Tian Zhu impregnate Jia Jia but later Jia Jia will do abortion but I heard she will die too. :-)

dreamersuki

Post by dreamersuki » Mar 3rd, '08, 05:46

But Ah Shui will have a child before his wife dies? his wife referring to the 2nd wife (current) right? The supervisor's name is Li Qian Hui, and the doc is under her, i believe her assistant. He looks as if he's going to go crazy soon, and Tingting knows about his deeds. I don't know if Ah Ming is going to end up with Xiao Mai, they are close now.
Jia Jia is Tian Zhu's wife? I know he has a wife but I missed a lot of episodes so I don't know the wife's name.
You're still watching right?

ewon

Post by ewon » Apr 29th, '08, 10:15

Is Yi Nan Wang be came a big hit in Taiwan . How many months it was played and is it shown per weeks or everyday?

dreamersuki

Post by dreamersuki » Apr 29th, '08, 15:46

Weekdays ~ Mon-fri. Its fun in the beginning but the mum is a tiresome @$$. I wonder how Tingting can stand her! Maybe if Tianzhu were to have a baby with Jiajia in the end, she would be much more acceptable.. ^^ Whats wrong with daughters anyway? Why must have sons eh?!