- Maximum of 2x RAW versions per series.
- 1x High Quality (HQ) RAW and 1x Low to Medium Quality (LQ/MQ) RAW.
- IF in the event that no LQ/MQ versions are available then 1x HQ and 1x Ultra High Quality (UHQ) RAW is allowed.
- If you are uploading the 2nd version please label the torrents in a way to clearly distinguish it from the 1st version e.g. put what resolution it is or the encoder name.
Different people can have different measurement of quality but in the interest of keeping this place organised please follow these guidelines in determining whether or not the series falls into a certain category.
Some indications that a torrent might be LQ/MQ:
- encoded from VHS or analog TV source.
- video resolution is 640x480 or less.
- filesize is around 400mb or less for a 45 minute episode.
Some indications that a torrent might be HQ:
- encoded from HDTV or other digital source.
- video resolution is greater than 640x480.
- filesize is larger than 400mb for a 45 minute episode.
- encoded from HDTV.
- uses high end HDTV resolution e.g. 1024x768, 1280x720, 1920x1080.
- filesize is larger than 700mb for a 45 minute episode.
Of course these are best estimate of quality but should be used as a guideline and not an absolute. Please use common sense and refer to other existing torrents for comparison.
Our mission statement is to share dramas to as many people as possible. UHQ is at the far end of spectrum of what people want at the moment so we would like to concentrate our resources to providing versions that are more easily accessible to the many. However, we do realise technology is improving all the time, broadband connections are getting faster, hdd is getting bigger and cpus are become faster and cheaper. Its likely the LQ/MQ era will die out in the near future in favour of HQ and UHQ but in the meanwhile UHQ should be considered a rare commodity and be made available here when LQ/MQ are not present.
Please post your comments on the rules here. I'll leave it open for debate for a couple of weeks before making it an official rule.