[Discussion] Trick (All Seasons + Special)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Trick (All Season or One Season)?

It's magical!
71%
I learned a a Trick or two!
18%
I find out that magic is fake!
3%
I have been Trick-ed into watching!
6%
David Blaine is REAL!
2%

Total votes: 207

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » May 11th, '10, 16:50

Would love to see new subs/re-timed for the DVD versions of the first two seasons. :-(

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » May 13th, '10, 22:29

Edohiguma wrote:They need a new series. Definitely. TRICK 4 has to be done. And Kanjiya Shihori has to be a regular.
I don't know, As much as I would love me more Trick goodness, I think I'm just afraid that it looses the ingredients that made it such a classic...
I think a 4th season is really possible, especially if the new Movie/Special combo works out well.
Let's hope :cheers:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 14th, '10, 07:09

We could launch a petition for Trick 4 :D

...I'm for a sequel ! :P

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » May 17th, '10, 04:35

I saw movie 3 "Reinouryokusha Battle Royale" last week.

All in all, it was pretty horrible. They had MatsuKen (really famous period drama actor) cast as the 'evil' spiritualist, and even he seemed embarrassed about some of the lines he had to say. There were no inspiring tricks or magic feats done, and I noticed many of the tricks that appeared were re-hashed from older episodes, and just slightly tweaked so they weren't exactly identical.

Even worse is the introduction of two completely new characters who the story pretty much revolves around, two young country kids who speak in that nerve-grating dialect which was funny for a few episodes and then just got downright annoying.

By far, though, the worst part of the movie was that Yabe appears only for like...5 minutes. And what he does isn't even that funny. I guess he was busy filming his series when they did the movie or something, but his presence was sorely missed.

Speaking of which, the Yabe Kenzou drama is way better than the movie. It's pretty much Trick 4, they use the same music, atmosphere, and pretty much all the characters make appearances at some point (even his old assistant!) I really recommend that.

Hopefully the TV Special 2 is much better than the movie.

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » May 17th, '10, 23:16

Molokidan wrote:I saw movie 3 "Reinouryokusha Battle Royale" last week.

All in all, it was pretty horrible. They had MatsuKen (really famous period drama actor) cast as the 'evil' spiritualist, and even he seemed embarrassed about some of the lines he had to say. There were no inspiring tricks or magic feats done, and I noticed many of the tricks that appeared were re-hashed from older episodes, and just slightly tweaked so they weren't exactly identical.

Even worse is the introduction of two completely new characters who the story pretty much revolves around, two young country kids who speak in that nerve-grating dialect which was funny for a few episodes and then just got downright annoying.

By far, though, the worst part of the movie was that Yabe appears only for like...5 minutes. And what he does isn't even that funny. I guess he was busy filming his series when they did the movie or something, but his presence was sorely missed.

Speaking of which, the Yabe Kenzou drama is way better than the movie. It's pretty much Trick 4, they use the same music, atmosphere, and pretty much all the characters make appearances at some point (even his old assistant!) I really recommend that.

Hopefully the TV Special 2 is much better than the movie.
Thank you so much for the mini-review.
As much as I respect your point of view, I had the impression while reading your words that you didn't give the movie a chance to start with. I mean, I feel like you might have watched it in a 'defensive' stance, nit-picking every little detail here and there like mentioning the annoying accent, the re-hashed tricks or Ken Matsudaira bad casting etc...
I'm not saying the movie cannot be bad (cause I have yet to find/watch it), I'm just saying that personally the Trick series were never about famous guests nor original tricks, it was more about the amazing leads (Abe Hiroshi, Nakama Yukie & of course Namase Katsuhisa) who bring a special magic to this series.
Unfortunately, you didn't talk about what I think is the core of every Trick material: the Yamada-Ueda formula! Is it the same bond as in the early series?

Otherwise, I can't wait to check the new Yabe Kenzou series!
When you said mentioned 'Yabe's old assistant', were you talking about Ishihara (Kazuki Maehara)? :w00t:
Definitely the best assistant Yabe's ever had!

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » May 18th, '10, 00:16

I don't know, I'm a pretty big Trick fan, I own all the DVDs, have seen the series numerous times, so I think I have a right to call the series out when it gets a little derailed. I agree that the series is not about big stars (which is why I didn't appreciate MatsuKen being casted in it) and the Yamada-Ueda relationship. Sorry for forgetting to mention that, it's probably because it went nowhere, and what few funny scenes they had together were overshadowed by the big plot no one really cared about. At the end a re-hash of the same scene that happened at the end of movie 2 happened in a way. So nothing really moved forward with their relationship.

Of course I wanted to like the movie! I just ended up finding very little to like about it.

And yes, I was talking about Ishihara! I agree, he was hilarious!

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » May 18th, '10, 20:56

Thanks a lot man! I think I see what you're talking about now... You know, it's been such a hype to know that Trick is finally given a new shot again (although they only did because of the current hard times Japanese channels are having lately i.e: viewers and revenues decline), that I really really wished for it to work :)

Anyway, here's hope, like you said, that the Special does it!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » May 20th, '10, 11:57

ill upload the SP 2 soon, currently downconverting it from 720p :)

chokubi

Post by chokubi » May 20th, '10, 13:31

furransu wrote:ill upload the SP 2 soon, currently downconverting it from 720p :)
Woot! Thanks as always! :thumleft:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 20th, '10, 13:45

Just watched SP2!! Yamada-Ueda saikou!! :cheers: Their dialogues and scenes together in the first half are just as classic as always. It was a nice surprise, coz I thought the 2nd movie in 2006 was kinda bad, the SP1 was just so-so... and now the bad review on 3rd movie... I almost lost all hope for SP2... but it turned out great!!!^^ I had a good laugh and laughed out loud a few times. Of course, Yabe's antiques made me laugh too!

However, the 2nd half is not too great anymore as it focuses more on the big plot. The mystery is just okay... not bad, not good. There are many similar stories like this in Kindaichi series(both grandfather and grandson's series) and in the previous TRICK eps.

I love Yabe Kenzo series, the writers should write for TRICK4 XD

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » May 21st, '10, 21:44

Does the SP2 continued from where SP1 left off? Are they engaged now?

Gir

Post by Gir » May 22nd, '10, 14:26

Validictus wrote:Wow I'm so surprised that no one mentions Season 1 ep 3 (Haha no Izuma). In ep 3 where Nakamura-san declares "kiseki nante hitsotsu mou okotte nai". Ironicly a miracle is going on and no one notices. The gun which she shot the glass with is magically floating. And Naoko, having removed both her hands on camera, allowed the camera crew to pan nicely around the gun to show that nothing was supporting it. I know that later on there will be plot holes, but this is more like a joke that no one has caught, so I'm bringing it to attention.
I just re-watched this one last night. Actually if you look close you see that when they bring out the rifle one guy comes from one side with the rifle another comes from the other side with a stand. They then set the rifle in the stand, then place her hands on it. It's black so it doesn't stand out that much, but after she releases it you can see it fairly well in front of her as she tells the crowd that it's a trick and they pan the camera around her before she lets go of it. So I don't think that it was really suppose to be something mystical.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jun 10th, '10, 13:59

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » Jun 14th, '10, 05:21

ZoddGuts wrote:Trick Special 2 did 17.4%

http://audience-rating.seesaa.net/archi ... 517-1.html
Nice catch!
If it means anything, it's that people still love themselves some TRICK sweetness. So come on, let the 4th season happen already ^_^

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 24th, '11, 15:08

Waaaaahhh, there is a big hole in my little trick fan heart^^ Untill yet the second movie isn't on d-addicts and the special of 2010 is without english subtitles :cry:
will ever come a day when someone will have the power to sub it? i will cross my fingers and be very grateful if this will happen... someday... :D

PauliNHo__

Post by PauliNHo__ » Mar 28th, '11, 00:21

I saw trick special 2 , very good! like very much!! i discover now the other trick movie from 2010, someone have the subtitles? for this movie? thanks!

Trioke

Post by Trioke » Mar 29th, '11, 09:57

PauliNHo__ wrote:I saw trick special 2 , very good! like very much!! i discover now the other trick movie from 2010, someone have the subtitles? for this movie? thanks!
Nope, there are currently no subtitles for the 3rd movie (Psychic Battle Royale) :(.

HaroRangers is supposedly gearing up to sub it, according to their blog/site, but there's really no progress on it so far (or if there are, they haven't publicized it yet).

secretbear

Eng subs

Post by secretbear » Apr 27th, '11, 04:33

Is there any update if there's somebody or some group are doing the subs for this?

suz50312

English subtitles for Trick the Movie: Psychic Battle Royale

Post by suz50312 » Apr 29th, '11, 01:40

Ahem... English subtitles timed to match the version labeled Trick.The.Movie.Psychic.Battle.Royale.2010.JAP.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-BAUM

Please read the notes before downloading, if only so that I don't have flaming complaints posted later...

For those of you who understand some Japanese and wonder what the hell is up with my translation, please don't blame me too much. I am not a translator. I just "anglified" the translation attached to the Hong Kong DVD release of this movie. Some of that translation made no sense in English, so I made my best guess as to what was being said (e.g. assuming that someone was being bit by a "snake" not a "snack").

The Trick series loves its puns, but using the literal English translation of the Japanese dialogue resulted in either losing the joke or the plot point. At one point, in the original Japanese, Ueda is reading aloud about a devil child or possessed child and Yamada hears the word for vegetable or something similar and starts listing types of vegetables. I could not make this pun work in English so I went with a misunderstanding between the words "unlucky" and "monkey." It was the closest I could come and still not lose the plot point. But for the remainder of the movie I had to stick with the phrase "unlucky child" versus demon or possessed child.

Also, at the end of the movie, neither I, nor the Hong Kong DVD translator, had any idea what words Madame Yamada wanted to write after the phrase "OK." I just went with something that fit the previous plotline. If anyone gets this, please PM me through D-Addicts, and I'll fix it and reupload a new file.

Hope you enjoy the movie!

suz50312
Attachments
Trick.The.Movie.Psychic.Battle.Royale.2010.JAP.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-BAUM.srt
(115.59 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

Tofuman

Re: English subtitles for Trick the Movie: Psychic Battle Ro

Post by Tofuman » Apr 29th, '11, 23:53

suz50312 wrote:Ahem... English subtitles timed to match the version labeled Trick.The.Movie.Psychic.Battle.Royale.2010.JAP.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-BAUM

Please read the notes before downloading, if only so that I don't have flaming complaints posted later...

For those of you who understand some Japanese and wonder what the hell is up with my translation, please don't blame me too much. I am not a translator. I just "anglified" the translation attached to the Hong Kong DVD release of this movie. Some of that translation made no sense in English, so I made my best guess as to what was being said (e.g. assuming that someone was being bit by a "snake" not a "snack").

The Trick series loves its puns, but using the literal English translation of the Japanese dialogue resulted in either losing the joke or the plot point. At one point, in the original Japanese, Ueda is reading aloud about a devil child or possessed child and Yamada hears the word for vegetable or something similar and starts listing types of vegetables. I could not make this pun work in English so I went with a misunderstanding between the words "unlucky" and "monkey." It was the closest I could come and still not lose the plot point. But for the remainder of the movie I had to stick with the phrase "unlucky child" versus demon or possessed child.

Also, at the end of the movie, neither I, nor the Hong Kong DVD translator, had any idea what words Madame Yamada wanted to write after the phrase "OK." I just went with something that fit the previous plotline. If anyone gets this, please PM me through D-Addicts, and I'll fix it and reupload a new file.

Hope you enjoy the movie!

suz50312
Thanks man, appreciate it.

suz50312

Trick the Movie: Psychic Battle Royale English subs v.2

Post by suz50312 » Apr 30th, '11, 22:32

Found out what the words following "OK..." were, plus a couple of other minor corrections.
Attachments
Trick.The.Movie.Psychic.Battle.Royale.2010.JAP.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-BAUM.srt
(115.63 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

nightvisiongoggles

Re: Trick the Movie: Psychic Battle Royale English subs v.2

Post by nightvisiongoggles » May 18th, '11, 07:52

suz50312 wrote:Found out what the words following "OK..." were, plus a couple of other minor corrections.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been tormented by that other subtitle by a certain 'maderuchan'... :cussing:

Man, you don't know how many people have been waiting for an 'understandable' sub for this movie.

I really recommend uploading this to all subtitle sites so that the 'maderuchan' translation can die a natural death.

thientinh

Post by thientinh » May 24th, '11, 17:24

suz50312 wrote:Found out what the words following "OK..." were, plus a couple of other minor corrections.
Thanks a lot :cheers: :cheers:

I was looking for the subtitle since the movie was released :P

nikid

Post by nikid » May 24th, '11, 21:35

wow, nice. Thank you very much^^

suz50312

Post by suz50312 » May 25th, '11, 02:42

I hate to do this after the recent downloads, but I recently finished the third and (hopefully) final version of the subtitles for this movie.

At the end of the movie, the word Madame Yamada uses after "OK" is bokujou, a pun word which means meadow/pasture/field when written one way and calligraphy center when written another. I did my best trying to incorporate the pun into the translation.

Thanks to Asia Torrent's calimerina66 and wolfgang for their feedback. They also pointed out a couple of name misspellings and an error in a dying character's last words.

Please feel free to upload these subtitles to whatever forums you belong to. I sort of looked into it, but I didn't want to register for a bunch of different forums just to upload, so I gave up on replacing the villainous maderuchan's subs with my own. If you upload my subs, please credit me, if possible.
Attachments
Trick.The.Movie.Psychic.Battle.Royale.2010.JAP.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-BAUM.V3.srt
(115.65 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » May 26th, '11, 11:26

Thanks for the subs. Anyways I did sorta enjoy the 3rd movie but I agree with the others that the Special 2 was better. Funny that I haven't really liked any of the Trick movies and liked the specials.

Anyword if they plan on doing more Trick special or TV series? Or at least a 2nd series for Yabe Kenzo? Shame that series was only 6 episodes, just when the series was starting to get good.

PauliNHo__

Post by PauliNHo__ » May 29th, '11, 01:34

Someone has the end song of the last trick movie? battle royale?

prestoli
United States of America

Post by prestoli » May 29th, '11, 05:17

Thanks so much for the subs!! :cheers:

lordretsudo

Post by lordretsudo » Jun 1st, '11, 08:15

Huge thanks for subbing this - I have been waiting ever since the DVD was released! Great job :-)

WesY2K

Post by WesY2K » Jun 5th, '11, 16:03

Thank you very much for subbing! I love Trick!

Say, does anybody know any novel or series of novels which are kinda like Trick? That would be awesome!

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » Jun 15th, '11, 04:55

Thank you so much for the subs!
I really don't mean to sound ungrateful because I can't be any happier to see the 3rd movie finally subbed in English, but as everyone probably knows Trick is a unique kind of series where puns and hidden fun-facts are omnipresent. so translating it is, without a doubt, a bit more 'tricky' (pun not intended) than other series.
While the current subs are just wonderful for watching the movie and understanding the plot and situation just fine, they unfortunately fell short in detecting and explaining the many word-plays and references to past characters (like "Suritto" during the door code, or "Mirakuru Mitsui" at the end, etc.)
I hope someone will consider making in-depth subs in the future (like the excellent Trick 1, 2 & 3 subs), and here's an even bigger hope to hear the announcement of Trick 4 sometime soon...

adiafora

Post by adiafora » Jun 28th, '11, 19:21

I can't see subs posted by suz50312 :(
Does anyone know where I can get them? :?

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » Jul 7th, '11, 22:15

adiafora wrote:I can't see subs posted by suz50312 :(
All the different subs are available in this thread. Personally, I would recommend going for the ones made by itsukki from the lets look forums.
Just head to the thread I mentioned above, you'll hopefully find what you're looking for :wink:

neefo

Post by neefo » Jul 8th, '11, 04:12

akai samurai,

the lets look forum is inaccessible, do you have the itsukki subs for the psychic battle royale? it be great if you could post it here or kloofy.. or somewhere?

adiafora

Post by adiafora » Jul 8th, '11, 21:26

RedSamurai wrote:
adiafora wrote:I can't see subs posted by suz50312 :(
All the different subs are available in this thread. Personally, I would recommend going for the ones made by itsukki from the lets look forums.
Just head to the thread I mentioned above, you'll hopefully find what you're looking for :wink:
Thank you very much m(___)m
I've got what I was looking for :)

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » Jul 19th, '11, 01:35

neefo wrote:akai samurai,

the lets look forum is inaccessible, do you have the itsukki subs for the psychic battle royale? it be great if you could post it here or kloofy.. or somewhere?
Weird, I can still access it at this time I'm posting. Anyway, here:
* Video: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_85299.htm
* Subs: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1396678

Cheers.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jul 27th, '11, 09:42

Found an alternative download source for "Trick: The Movie 3 (2010)" with English subs:

http://lets-look.com/index.php?/topic/4 ... ie-3-2010/

There are links for a direct download via megaupload. The movie is divided in two parts with english subs in normal and bold font. Maybe helpful if some of you have problems with the torrent.

Michie_

Post by Michie_ » Aug 29th, '11, 22:38

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy the "Why don't you do your best" book online?

dpedaci

Post by dpedaci » Aug 30th, '11, 04:55

The ISBN is 4054025285. It looks as though it might be out of print, from what I can tell of Amazon Japan it is available only used from individual sellers. Yesasia doesn't list it at all.

sheilamacapanas

Post by sheilamacapanas » Jul 19th, '12, 17:42

Looking for season four, tackles about ueda and naoko and the kukomon island.... anthe true powers of naoko!!!!

Any way everyone here, can you give me a site where I can watch or download for free trick shinsaku special 2 with eng subs?

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Apr 6th, '13, 00:24

just watching it for the second time after about 10 years. the last episodes of season 3. the proposal from ueda was very sweeeeet. ueda and yamada is the cutest and sweetest couple i wonder how their children will turn out to be.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:46

Their children will probably be crazy and good at magic and very tall with long hair :D
I never get tired of this Jdorama. Donto koi!

nguyenduy123
United States of America

Post by nguyenduy123 » Sep 5th, '13, 16:02

Any TRICK fans still here ? i'm desperately searching for the final song of The Movie 3 :) such a terrific song but cant find its name anywhere , if someone here can find it for me i will be so grateful !!!

tweeners

Did you guys read her comment?

Post by tweeners » Oct 11th, '13, 22:03

Hi Guys,

Did you read maderuchan's comment in her translations? It said it wasn't fluently translated.
So I guess there's nothing wrong in it. She did inform us ahead. By the way thanks for the new translation. I can re- watch it again. :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 20th, '13, 14:23

TRICK Shinsaku SP 3!!^o^ Will air January 12th, can't wait!!
Guest star: Iijima Naoko.

And TRICK The Last Stage (wide-screen movie) will premiere and start showing in Japan theaters, Jan 11! But for us, I guess we can only watch it on DVD in another 6 months :(

But I can live with it, since we're gonna have a SP episode too ^v^ And fyi, these will be the LAST TRICKs.... so, there's never gonna be any Season Four :-(

Trailer:

odd0odium

Post by odd0odium » Jan 17th, '14, 02:28

Special 3 is out.. Please sub

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Jan 17th, '14, 02:45

Is the 3rd special ever going to be uploaded... I was so hoping it was going to be subbed. but not if it can't even be uploaded. PLEASE!!! :)

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 17th, '14, 12:21

LanceSalmo wrote:Is the 3rd special ever going to be uploaded... I was so hoping it was going to be subbed. but not if it can't even be uploaded. PLEASE!!! :)
it was uploaded on furransu's blog...we just need subs now!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Feb 23rd, '14, 02:30

I know there are at least 3 versions of season 1 out (dvd raw, TV-nihon hardsub, episodes joined into 5 stories) - can anyone tell me which is the best quality?

Also, is the movie chronologically before the final SP, or the other way around? I don't want to watch the SP and then find out I've missed something that happened in the movie.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Mar 13th, '14, 14:23

hey9 wrote:I know there are at least 3 versions of season 1 out (dvd raw, TV-nihon hardsub, episodes joined into 5 stories) - can anyone tell me which is the best quality?

Also, is the movie chronologically before the final SP, or the other way around? I don't want to watch the SP and then find out I've missed something that happened in the movie.
About the chronological of Trick, you can find it in the http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Trick (See the "Notes" section)

If I'm not mistaken, it should be (in order):

1. Season 1 - 8 Sep 2000
2. Season 2 - 22 Mar 2002
3. Trick: The Movie - 9 Nov 2003
4. Season 3 - 18 Dec 2003
5. Special - 13 Nov 2005
6. Trick: The Movie 2 - 10 Jun 2006
7. Trick: The Movie 3 - 8 May 2010
8. Special 2 - 15 May 2010
9. Special 3 - 12 Jan 2014

In your case, you probably need to watch Trick: The Movie as the missing part to Season 3 :D

hey9

Post by hey9 » Apr 7th, '14, 06:49

zenith777 wrote:About the chronological of Trick, you can find it in the http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Trick (See the "Notes" section)

If I'm not mistaken, it should be (in order):

1. Season 1 - 8 Sep 2000
2. Season 2 - 22 Mar 2002
3. Trick: The Movie - 9 Nov 2003
4. Season 3 - 18 Dec 2003
5. Special - 13 Nov 2005
6. Trick: The Movie 2 - 10 Jun 2006
7. Trick: The Movie 3 - 8 May 2010
8. Special 2 - 15 May 2010
9. Special 3 - 12 Jan 2014

In your case, you probably need to watch Trick: The Movie as the missing part to Season 3 :D
Ah, I should've been more clear, I meant the third movie and the final SP :sweat: Incidentally, I was on a Cathay Pacific flight recently, and they had Trick 3 (with english subs) as one of the in-flight movies! Unfortunately, for the first time ever, I got motion sickness on a plane, and spent majority of my time trying not to puke :cry: I only managed to watch about 30 minutes lol. Sigh...

From what I did see, there were cameos from people who had minor roles in the series before, so some cool throwbacks for us fans. There is still one cameo I am dying to see, because he still remains my favorite partner of Yabe Kenzo :wink:

ayjay

English Subs for Trick the Movie Last Stage 2014

Post by ayjay » Aug 22nd, '14, 12:37

Hi.. looking for english subs for the latest trick movie (2014).

Anyone has it?..
I got this movie but with chinese subs.

Any help will be very much appreciated.. !~

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: English Subs for Trick the Movie Last Stage 2014

Post by furransu » Aug 22nd, '14, 13:05

ayjay wrote:Hi.. looking for english subs for the latest trick movie (2014).

Anyone has it?..

well you are out of luck, currently nobody has subbed it or planned to sub it.

ayjay

Post by ayjay » Aug 24th, '14, 07:12

furransu wrote:
ayjay wrote:Hi.. looking for english subs for the latest trick movie (2014).

Anyone has it?..

well you are out of luck, currently nobody has subbed it or planned to sub it.

That's a sad news...

The chinese subs are available.. People who understand chinese will also be able to make an english sub.

Any idea whom or where I can request for the sub?..

well.. I'll be waiting and look somewhere else..

Tx

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 15th, '14, 21:23

TRICK is such a big series I'm not even sure how much of it I've seen.

I think I only ever saw the first three series' and one movie... or special? Or a movie and a special? I was never quite able to find movie files and/or subs of the more recent stuff online, though admittedly I haven't really looked in a while. Guess it's time to search again.

EDIT: Found the third special here, looks like what I'm missing are softsubs for the first special as well as subs/video for the 1st and 3rd movies. I don't suppose anyone knows where I could find those? And let me know if I'm asking a "bad" question. I have some vague memory of D-A wanting some weird double standard vis-a-vis different media formats.

EDIT2: So there are FOUR movies? I've found torrents for "The Last Stage" and "Psychic Battle Royale." I'm guessing the former is the 4th and the latter is the 3rd?

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Oct 16th, '14, 04:12

We are still waiting Trick last stage to be subbed.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Oct 16th, '14, 06:21

Mwulf wrote:TRICK is such a big series I'm not even sure how much of it I've seen.

I think I only ever saw the first three series' and one movie... or special? Or a movie and a special? I was never quite able to find movie files and/or subs of the more recent stuff online, though admittedly I haven't really looked in a while. Guess it's time to search again.

EDIT: Found the third special here, looks like what I'm missing are softsubs for the first special as well as subs/video for the 1st and 3rd movies. I don't suppose anyone knows where I could find those? And let me know if I'm asking a "bad" question. I have some vague memory of D-A wanting some weird double standard vis-a-vis different media formats.

EDIT2: So there are FOUR movies? I've found torrents for "The Last Stage" and "Psychic Battle Royale." I'm guessing the former is the 4th and the latter is the 3rd?
The show has 3 seasons, 3 tv specials, and 4 movies. There is also a spinoff with Yabe Kenzo's character that is 2 seasons.

This is the order I have based on release dates only...not sure what is the actual best order to view them in:
01. Trick Season 1 - 8 Sep 2000
02. Trick Season 2 - 22 Mar 2002
03. Trick The Movie - 9 Nov 2003
04. Trick Season 3 - 18 Dec 2003
05. Trick Shinsaku Special 1 - 13 Nov 2005
06. Trick The Movie 2 - 10 Jun 2006
07. Keibuho Yabe Kenzo Season 1 - 9 Apr 2010
08. Trick The Movie: Psychic Battle Royale - 8 May 2010
09. Trick Shinsaku Special 2 - 15 May 2010
10. Keibuho Yabe Kenzo Season 2 - 5 Jul 2013
11. Trick Shinsaku Special 3 - 12 Jan 2014
12. Trick The Movie: Last Stage - 11 Jan 2014 (this is for sure the last part)

If you can register on Asiatorrents, they have pretty much all the Trick stuff with subtitles. Registrations open fairly frequently. If you can't, most stuff I was able to find just searching on google.

No one has subbed the final movie yet. I knew I should've sucked it up and watched it on the plane lol...
Last edited by hey9 on Nov 10th, '14, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 16th, '14, 13:09

Thanks. Is the Yabe spin-off any good?
EDIT: and AsiaTorrents looks like it's always going to be invite-only for new regs.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Oct 16th, '14, 13:51

Well, the case is pretty simple and they are just for fun/comedic purpose.
It's way below Trick level
But if you are trick fan, you might love the references to TRICK
(i.e Ueda's car, People laughing at "Naoko" , Naoko's landlord and Jami,
Yabe's first assistant, Naoko's mother and her calligraphy "business", also
Yabe's ringtone!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Oct 16th, '14, 15:02

Mwulf wrote:Thanks. Is the Yabe spin-off any good?
EDIT: and AsiaTorrents looks like it's always going to be invite-only for new regs.
Haven't watched Yabe, but heard it's pretty good. Maybe I should check it out, too...

AsiaTorrents is actually pretty frequent with their open signups compared to other torrent sites. I doubt you'll be waiting more than a few weeks.

yurayura

Post by yurayura » Oct 25th, '14, 08:10

ayjay wrote:
The chinese subs are available.. People who understand chinese will also be able to make an english sub.

Any idea whom or where I can request for the sub?..

well.. I'll be waiting and look somewhere else..
I have the Chinese subs as well, but I'm a native Chinese speaker so I'll try to translate them, since (apparently?) there's no one subbing/planning to sub the last movie. I've already translated a little bit, and I'll try to get it done as fast as I can :-)

juki
France

Post by juki » Oct 25th, '14, 10:55

That would be really great Yurayura ! Thanks in advance for your time and work ! :salut:

diediebydie

Post by diediebydie » Oct 29th, '14, 14:48

What a fun series! I actually enjoyed this season finale more than the first season ender, where they left much un-answered (IMHO). I especially enjoyed the increasing confidence and intelligence from the younger policeman. On a side note, has anyone here seen the Trick Movie currently being offered by HKFlix?

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 31st, '14, 03:48

Just watched the first episode of the Yabe series. It's better than I expected. Shame it seems the second season was never subbed, especially as it seems to be the better season.

yurayura

Post by yurayura » Nov 1st, '14, 13:33

I've translated about 60% of the Chinese subs for Last Stage, if anyone's curious. I'll probably finish it by next week, since I'm adding explanations for the language/cultural jokes >.>
I never realised how hard they can be to translate, so hats off to all the subbers of the Trick series!

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Nov 1st, '14, 16:49

yurayura wrote:I've translated about 60% of the Chinese subs for Last Stage, if anyone's curious. I'll probably finish it by next week, since I'm adding explanations for the language/cultural jokes >.>
I never realised how hard they can be to translate, so hats off to all the subbers of the Trick series!
thank you so much for subbing the movie I was hoping I would get to watch it :)

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Nov 2nd, '14, 07:26

...And now I'm done watching the first Yabe series and am overcome with sadness that the second series was never fansubbed. So sad. It was absolutely hilarious. I had my doubts about it (what with most spin-offs being pretty bad) but it was fantastic. In some ways, I think its even a little better than Trick--condensing each story into a single 50 minute episode instead of drawing things out for 2 hours or more allows 'em to focus more on the humor, and less on the mysteries (which makes sense, because Yabe's never going to be solving any mysteries).

kanedaa

Post by kanedaa » Nov 3rd, '14, 09:47

yurayura wrote:I've translated about 60% of the Chinese subs for Last Stage, if anyone's curious. I'll probably finish it by next week, since I'm adding explanations for the language/cultural jokes >.>
Thank you for taking this on, I look forward to your subs :)

yurayura

Post by yurayura » Nov 3rd, '14, 09:56

So, I had some extra time over the weekend to work on the subs ... and they're done now :-)

These subs are timed to match the version labelled as Trick.The.Movie.Last.Stage.2014.720p.BluRay.x264-WiKi but as long as it's in 720p, the subs should probably work fine. Oh and I've left the credits for the Chinese subbers/timers/etc in, so don't panic when you see some Chinese at the start.
This is my first time translating subtitles, so there could be errors. I wanted to point out the various homages to past episodes, but I think it seemed a bit much on the screen at times. Also, I've included explanations for the language jokes that I couldn't convert into English as well as the obscure references - Daicho Kurabu references are everywhere in this movie! Unfortunately, there was this one bit that seemed odd to me - spoiler here.
The shaman apparently shot a blowdart made from a large penis shaft ... which doesn't sound quite right. The Chinese subs and the actual words used also referred to large male genitalia, so yeah.
If anyone can confirm if that was right or not, or if you spot an error in my translation, please send me a PM and I'll correct it. Feel free to upload these subs onto other forums, and spread the Trick love~ Personally, I thought the movie was a great ending to the series and imo it was one of the funnier movies and yet it had some great emotional moments too! Aaaand just because I need to talk about the ending:
The ending scene was so beautifully poignant! I assume Naoko lost her memory after the whole ordeal, what with the 'amnesiac woman in the south islands' thing. That actually took me way longer than it should have to notice; I thought Naoko was just playing dumb or something >.> I only wished that Ueda would've gone over to Naoko and given her a big hug or something and said 'I love you' in French, like the last episode of the 3rd season. That would've been a great finisher, but the way it ended was just fine.
I hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did!
Attachments
Trick.The.Movie.Last.Stage.2014.720p.BluRay.x264-WiKi.ass
(123.46 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Last edited by yurayura on Nov 3rd, '14, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

kanedaa

Post by kanedaa » Nov 3rd, '14, 10:05

Amazing. Let me be the first to download it and say a big thank you once again. I look forward to watching it later.

From a very small section I just tested they look good and sync fine with the 1080P x264-WiKi version.

yakov

Thank you very much!

Post by yakov » Nov 3rd, '14, 12:51

yurayura wrote:So, I had some extra time over the weekend to work on the subs ... and they're done now :-)

These subs are timed to match the version labelled as Trick.The.Movie.Last.Stage.2014.720p.BluRay.x264-WiKi but as long as it's in 720p, the subs should probably work fine. Oh and I've left the credits for the Chinese subbers/timers/etc in, so don't panic when you see some Chinese at the start.
This is my first time translating subtitles, so there could be errors. I wanted to point out the various homages to past episodes, but I think it seemed a bit much on the screen at times. Also, I've included explanations for the language jokes that I couldn't convert into English as well as the obscure references - Daicho Kurabu references are everywhere in this movie! Unfortunately, there was this one bit that seemed odd to me - spoiler here.
The shaman apparently shot a blowdart made from a large penis shaft ... which doesn't sound quite right. The Chinese subs and the actual words used also referred to large male genitalia, so yeah.
If anyone can confirm if that was right or not, or if you spot an error in my translation, please send me a PM and I'll correct it. Feel free to upload these subs onto other forums, and spread the Trick love~ Personally, I thought the movie was a great ending to the series and imo it was one of the funnier movies and yet it had some great emotional moments too! Aaaand just because I need to talk about the ending:
The ending scene was so beautifully poignant! I assume Naoko lost her memory after the whole ordeal, what with the 'amnesiac woman in the south islands' thing. That actually took me way longer than it should have to notice; I thought Naoko was just playing dumb or something >.> I only wished that Ueda would've gone over to Naoko and given her a big hug or something and said 'I love you' in French, like the last episode of the 3rd season. That would've been a great finisher, but the way it ended was just fine.
I hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did!
非常感谢你!:notworthy: 为你我会看最后的电影。 很开心! :clap:

juki
France

Post by juki » Nov 3rd, '14, 14:00

Thank you very much !! :w00t:

Gir

Post by Gir » Nov 3rd, '14, 17:29

Thanks so much for the movie subs, I've been really looking forward to this.

And the subs also seem to work well with the "TRICK The Movie Last Stage.2014.BDRip.576p.x264.AAC" version also.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Nov 4th, '14, 04:56

Thanks so much~
Watching the movie now
Anyone notice Haha no Izumi everywhere in Malaysia?
In pamphlet, airport, etc
>< Nice reference to season 1 haha
Along with Miracle mitsui, haha no izumi seems to be the most popular villains on trick haha

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Nov 4th, '14, 07:46

the movie gets boring at some part but the last few minutes was really wortth it to watch
it made me cry so hard.
honestly, the best ending that the whole series can get is this
though the story to reach the ending is a bit boring