Rich guys , Poor girls dramas..

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
noura

Rich guys , Poor girls dramas..

Post by noura » Jun 23rd, '06, 04:32

I'm a crazy girl for dramas about Super Rich guys (owns a hotel,company..etc) trying to get poor girls.. and I've seen quit alot of them ( since most korean dramas are like that )
and still lust for more :wub: :wub:
if you've seen any , please recommend it and say if you've liked it or not.
What I've seen is :

--- What Happened in Bali :
one of the best dramas I've ever seen!! my heart ached in each episode :cry:
---My Girl:
the best drama of 2006
---Goong
such innocent love..so cute!!
---Full House
I must say that I was cheering for the other guy..
---Lover in Paris
the first Korean drama I've watched and I was hooked until the ******* end :cussing:
---Wish up on a Star
a classic drama that I cannot forget!
---My name is Kim Sam-Soon
Hyun Bin is a Handsom guy in that hair style..waiting for his new upcoming drama

Please, don't mention Pheonix..I've seen it and I can't say that it's in the same category..
PLEASE, please.. I'm in urgent need for such a drama ..
I read the synopsis of "Successful story of a Bright Girl" and it really looks like a great drama.. any other recommendations!![/spoiler]

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Jun 23rd, '06, 04:47

i don't know if you watch this yet, but you can try:
ALL ABOUT EVE with ChaeRim.... :scratch:

Hyun Bin does have a movie(not a drama) out

sorry can't think of any other dramas right now :salut:

JKH

Post by JKH » Jun 23rd, '06, 04:58

You could try 1% of ANYTHING
It's starring Kim Jung Hwa and Kang Dong Wan.
In order to get his inheritance, he has to marry a noraml school teacher. She ends up changing him. (^_^)

noura

Post by noura » Jun 23rd, '06, 05:09

You mean "A Milionair's First Love" , yeah I've seen that movie and I didn't like it that much but enjoyed it..
Is the main actor in "All About Eve" is the rich guy?? Didn't happen to have the time to download it .. I'll try it ..
If you remmember any other , please don't hesitate in telling me.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 23rd, '06, 05:14

Last Dance Is With Me
Sad Sonata
Prince's First Love
Really Really Like You
Stained Glass
Glass Shoes
Goodbye, My Love
Love Story In Harvard
Stairway to Heaven

To name a few. Try Ruler of Your Own World though. Normal people have killer romances too!!!!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 23rd, '06, 05:21

noura wrote:You mean "A Milionair's First Love" , yeah I've seen that movie and I didn't like it that much but enjoyed it..
Is the main actor in "All About Eve" is the rich guy?? Didn't happen to have the time to download it .. I'll try it ..
Not the same show.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 23rd, '06, 18:14

Goodbye My Love doesn't qualify either since it is not the main male lead which is rich, but his friend. The two main characters lying to each other and the problems it creates makes it worth watching though.

noura

Post by noura » Jun 23rd, '06, 20:56

I've watched the first episode of "Love story in Harvard" and it doesn't look like either of the two guys are rich.. and I didn't like the story that much..
And about what I wrot
You mean "A Milionair's First Love" , yeah I've seen that movie and I didn't like it that much but enjoyed it..

Not the same show.
I didn't mean that the movie " A Milionair.." and " All About Eve " are the same.. I ment to reply to what ncyd had written :
If the movie he ment is the same movie I had mentioned..
Sorry if I wasn't clear .. :unsure:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 23rd, '06, 21:09

hmmm...so do you care if the "other guy" is the rich one?

here are some:
My Love Patzzi
Attic Cat <--don't know if it fits your criteria though both lead guys are rich
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang <--the "other guy" is rich
Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young <--the main story isn't the poor girl/rich guy story, but they're there
Sweet 18
Secret Lovers

as for LSIH, the "other guy" is rich...esp after he gets out of school. however, you're smart to get out now. :-)

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 23rd, '06, 21:29

habukie wrote:hmmm...so do you care if the "other guy" is the rich one?

here are some:
My Love Patzzi
Attic Cat <--don't know if it fits your criteria though both lead guys are rich
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang <--the "other guy" is rich
Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young <--the main story isn't the poor girl/rich guy story, but they're there
Sweet 18
Secret Lovers

as for LSIH, the "other guy" is rich...esp after he gets out of school. however, you're smart to get out now. :-)
Heh, In LSIH he's the son of one of the top wealthy attorneys in the city. His struggle with what daddy wants him to do and who to marry is a central theme.... :P

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Jun 23rd, '06, 21:33

Basically like 90% of the kdramas I've watched are based on dat concept...

My Love Patzzi
The Successful Story of a Bright Girl (was rich in the beginning)
Let's Go To School Sang-Doo (was rich when he was younger)
Autumn Tale
Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young (later becomes rich)
Wonderful Life (not really rich but I guess middle class)
Love Story in Harvard (comes from a rich background but never really shows it)
Sassy Girl Choon Hyang
Save The Last Dance for Me

AzN_InVasian

Post by AzN_InVasian » Jun 23rd, '06, 21:37

So far, all the dramas I've seen are like that.

The only exception I can think of is Green Rose, where its a rich girl and a poor guy, until later on anyway.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Jun 23rd, '06, 21:42

AzN_InVasian wrote:So far, all the dramas I've seen are like that.

The only exception I can think of is Green Rose, where its a rich girl and a poor guy, until later on anyway.
A Love to Kill is also reversed.....the girl is rich and the guy is poor

noura

Post by noura » Jun 23rd, '06, 21:47

Also Pheonix , in the begining of the drama he was poor and she's the rich until it goes around the opposite..
I can't say I don't like it but I like the guy to be richy :wub:

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Jun 24th, '06, 05:12

noura wrote:I've watched the first episode of "Love story in Harvard" and it doesn't look like either of the two guys are rich.. and I didn't like the story that much..
And about what I wrot

Not the same show.
I didn't mean that the movie " A Milionair.." and " All About Eve " are the same.. I ment to reply to what ncyd had written :
If the movie he ment is the same movie I had mentioned..
Sorry if I wasn't clear .. :unsure:
noura, you are right. it is the same movie that i mentioned for Hyun Bin.... In regards to "All About Eve", the main character is a rich guy. he was in Model(drama) and the movie The Promise(highly recommended) :salut:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 24th, '06, 05:36

aNToK wrote:Heh, In LSIH he's the son of one of the top wealthy attorneys in the city. His struggle with what daddy wants him to do and who to marry is a central theme.... :P
true, but it sounded to me that noura wants the series where the guys is FILTHY rich/in daddy's good graces/head of the company....i hope you understand where i'm going. :-) that's how come i asked about attic cat...cause KRW is rich in that he comes from a well-to-do family, but he's not rich with money in hand.

oh, thought of another one:
Let's Go To The Beach

btw, if you ever want to branch out into jdramas or c/twdramas, a drama that fits your requirements very well is Hana Yori Dango (jdrama) or its twdrama equivalent, Meteor Garden.

noura

Post by noura » Jun 24th, '06, 06:29

true, but it sounded to me that noura wants the series where the guys is FILTHY rich/in daddy's good graces/head of the company....i hope you understand where i'm going. that's how come i asked about attic cat...cause KRW is rich in that he comes from a well-to-do family, but he's not rich with money in hand.
That's exactly what I ment .. I like them filthy richy and have cold hearts/ players or all he ever thinks about is busines .. :P
Let's Go To The Beach
This drama looks like the girl is rich.. but the story looks interesting.. I'll look for it..Thanks
:lol
btw, if you ever want to branch out into jdramas or c/twdramas, a drama that fits your requirements very well is Hana Yori Dango (jdrama) or its twdrama equivalent, Meteor Garden.
I'm crazy fan of Hana yori Dango !! I read the manga and watched only the first episode of the TW drama "Meteor Garden" couldn't handle the stupid acting.. but I heard from my friend that it gets good after the thierd episode.. What do you think? do you suggest I continue the drama?
About the jdrama of the same manga.. I really enjoyed it .but it was very very.....SHORT!!
I wanted more!! but I liked the ending..very cute!! :wub:

Had any of you happen to watch the Kmovie " 100 days with Mr. Arrogant " ?

JennGo

Post by JennGo » Jun 24th, '06, 06:49

Do anyone have A Millionaire's First Love seeding. Have been searching for it but nothing.

noura

Post by noura » Jun 24th, '06, 09:17

Do anyone have A Millionaire's First Love seeding. Have been searching for it but nothing
I bought the original DVD from Yesasia.com .. Check the FAQ (in d-addicts )section for links to Asian movies torrent sites.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jun 24th, '06, 16:07

Delightful gil choon hyang... well the rich guy's parents are rich...

hmm.. maybe attic cat.

I don't recommend Prince's first love. I thought it was too draggy.

noura

Post by noura » Jun 25th, '06, 10:53

Thanks alot to all of you! I had collected some titles to look for :
1) Successful story of a Bright Girl << I think I will buy the boxset from Yesasia
2) All About Eve << this one is considered a classic..I'll buy it!!
3) 1% of ANYTHING << the main actress the one that acted in Snow White :w00t:
4) Last Dance Is With Me
5) Sad Sonata
6) Stairway to Heaven ,, the three above dramas is told to be the best of there year of production!!
7) Stained Glass LDG is in this drama.. I'm a fan of him .. My friend has the drama ,I'll get it from her!! :cheers:
8 ) Prince's First Love I think this one will suit my liking.. but you're saying it kept draging!!
ok.. I'll make it the last to watch .. maybe I'll gat bored from the richy .. you don't know
:whistling:

Glass Shoes WHAT??!! 40 ep!! when am I gonna finish downloading it?! I think I remember it being in KDOM .. I think I'll leave it for ..

Really Really Like You still not finished airing and not all the subs are available , I'll leave it for later

About other drama you had recommended :
- Sweet 18
- Autumn Tale
- Let's go to school Sang Do
I had watched them and I can't say they aren't rich but as I mentioned before I want them... Very rich!!

about the drama "Ruler of Your Own World" read alot of good comments about it and I wish it will win in the KDOTM so I'll get to d/load it and I don't mind if "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang" wins because I wish to watch it since I finished watching "My Girl" and the producer of it is the as the other..

Had any of you watched the K Drama "Secret" ? Looks like it's agood drama.. here for more info http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Secret

And ,Had any of you happen to watch the Kmovie " 100 days with Mr. Arrogant " ?

PetitLolita3

Korean Drama: Rich Girl, Poor Guy scenerio

Post by PetitLolita3 » Feb 10th, '09, 19:11

I'm looking for a KDrama that I hadnt finished watching, but forgot the name. Its a Rich girl with bad attitude :cussing: , sweet Poor guy :-) story. The rich girl's husband owns a hotel but wants to go to America. The poor guy met the rich girl because she had a flat tire. when he tried to help her, she was frightened and beat him up, thus how they met (it was rather commical) :mrgreen: anyhoo, in the next season i think the rich girl's husband leaves for america and sells the hotel (he wanted to be rid of her anyway, she's pretty mean :argue: ), then leaving the rich girl with no money and no shelter :cry: , so she goes to the poor guy and he takes her in :O (of course) starting the love story.. :wub: but i didnt get a chance to see that part!!! :crazy: i'm dying to find out what else happens!

Can anyone help? :w00t:

angelbaybee93

Post by angelbaybee93 » Feb 14th, '09, 20:57

"coffee prince" or maybe "boys before flowers" which is also known as "boys over flowers" might fall under the rich guy and poor girl category but BBF or BOF isn't fully out yet; it's still airing [:

nemonmnm

Re: Korean Drama: Rich Girl, Poor Guy scenerio

Post by nemonmnm » Feb 14th, '09, 21:58

PetitLolita3 wrote:I'm looking for a KDrama that I hadnt finished watching, but forgot the name. Its a Rich girl with bad attitude :cussing: , sweet Poor guy :-) story. The rich girl's husband owns a hotel but wants to go to America. The poor guy met the rich girl because she had a flat tire. when he tried to help her, she was frightened and beat him up, thus how they met (it was rather commical) :mrgreen: anyhoo, in the next season i think the rich girl's husband leaves for america and sells the hotel (he wanted to be rid of her anyway, she's pretty mean :argue: ), then leaving the rich girl with no money and no shelter :cry: , so she goes to the poor guy and he takes her in :O (of course) starting the love story.. :wub: but i didnt get a chance to see that part!!! :crazy: i'm dying to find out what else happens!

Can anyone help? :w00t:
oh u mean " Couple Of Fantasy"
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Couple_of_Fantasy
it's very good drama

PetitLolita3

Post by PetitLolita3 » Feb 17th, '09, 05:30

YES! Thats the very one! Thanks so much!!! <3

ArtemisRider

Post by ArtemisRider » Jun 12th, '09, 11:44

Anyone know of any asian dramas with RICH GIRLS?
I know of Tatta Hitotsu no Koi the japanese one with Haruka Ayase and Kamenashi Kazuya.
But that seems to be the only Rich Girl success story.

Being a rich girl myself i find it disturbing that all the Rich Girls keep getting screwed over.

Kindly assist?

a2a

Post by a2a » Jun 12th, '09, 12:16

Hmmm Celeb to Bimbo Taro is another rich girl - poor guy story but I haven't watched it so I don't know if it's any good. A friend of mine loved it though.
Generally there doesn't seem to be a rich girl patent in asian dramas. Dunno why though.

Karenuno

Post by Karenuno » Jun 16th, '09, 06:23

Glass Shoes
Boys over Flowers
Delightful girl Choonhyang
They are my favorite Kdramas

auxabois

Post by auxabois » Jun 16th, '09, 07:42

1. Coffee Prince - show about a poor working girl who pretends to be a boy to work in a coffee show owned by a rich guy... rich guy ends up falling in love with "him" not knowing it is a girl and struggles with "homosexuality" it is so funny and sweet.

2. Shining Inheritance - Cinderella story. Well off girl's father dies, step mother kicks her out without a dime. Girl gets taken in my a rich woman who wants her to be her heir in place of her bratty grandchildren... grandson starts to fall in love with her. (There is a ton of plot I didn't cover, it is a really in depth show!) This show is also funny and sweet, and also very very suspenseful because of all of the lies and secrets.

3. Fated to Love you - Poor homely girl goes on a cruise with her boyfriend, as does a rich haughty man. They end up having sex with each other due to very odd circumstances (it makes sense in the story but its hard to explain!) and they have to get married. This show is SOOO SOO sweet and sad... soo sad. It has a lot of twists, I highly recommend it.

Rich GIRL loves POOR guy

1. Witch Yoo Hee - A poor man gets into a car accident with a rich mean homely woman, and he has to be her housekeeper/stylist to pay off his debt. This show is very funny, and has a couple twists. It is great to see her makeover!

dabogy

stories...

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 08:23

ive watch a lot koreanovelas and i liked best "the stairway to heaven"
love it!!

edmon23

Post by edmon23 » Sep 26th, '13, 14:54

1.Shining inheritance-korean series
2.Full house- korean series
3. 100 days with mr arrogant - Movie

manoarain808

Post by manoarain808 » Sep 26th, '13, 16:47

Rich Man Poor Woman - J-drama. I enjoyed the series. Kinda had a K-drama feel...not sure if it was directly based on a K-drama tho.