[Discussion] Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO and OKINAWA

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO and OKINAWA

Post by yanie » Mar 12th, '13, 16:28

A new adaptation of the popular shojo manga, Itazura na Kiss!! Who's excited? :lol

Title: Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO
Channel: Fuji TV TWO (one of the premium television stations operated by Fuji TV)
Episode: 16 episodes (1 hour each)
Broadcast: March 29, Fridays midnight

Official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E3%82%A4 ... 9312962296

CAST

Miki Honoka (16) as Aihara Kotoko

Furukawa Yuki (25) as Irie Naoki

Yamada Yuki (22) as Kinnosuke (Kin-chan)

Nishimura Tomomi as Naoki's mother

Imoaraizaka Kakaricho as Naoki's father

Aizawa Yuga as Naoki's brother

Tanaka Yoji as Kotoko's father

The 1996 adaptation was what has turned me into a J-Drama freak. I really love the drama that time, it was hillarious. I'm not sure if I'm still gonna love it, if I rewatch it again now, though... I'm definitely all for a modern Japanese adaptation! I want to see the story once again set in this time^^

I got excited when I found out Miki Honoka is the lead. I really liked her in "Suzuki-sensei", she didn't have that big of a role in that drama but she stole my attention and I think she has potential to be a star. I didn't know her name until I read the ItaKiss news. Really looking forward to her performance as Kotoko. Hopefully she can be better than the highly criticized Sato Aiko XD

I don't know about this guy as Irie Naoki though. He don't have much of the look to be Naoki. What am I saying, I shouldn't compare him with Kashiwabara Takashi, haha... but I will give him a chance... I heard he's a Keio university graduate, was a research student in New York and that he speaks very good english, I guess that's why he was casted? I wonder if this means the British girl, Christine Robbins will appear in the drama?
It's kinda creepy to know the 2 leads are 9 years apart though XD

The rest of the cast looks so far so good, esp. Naoki's father, haha... resembles the manga/anime character a lot! :lol Can't wait for more cast announcement. And I'm a bit surprised that it's gonna be 1 hour long time slot... midnight shows usually run 30mins. It might cover many plots from the manga if its gonna be 16 eps.

So far I found out, that Sudou-sempai will appear in the drama, and Furukawa Yuki is currently practicing tennis. So, the tennis club part will definitely be covered, something that was totally missing from the 1996 drama.

I've watched the anime, and I loved it alot! I haven't watch the Taiwan and Korean version though. Which one would you recommend? I saw glimpses of them in Youtube. Ariel Lin looks great as Kotoko, I'd really like to see her portayal as Kotoko, but I don't like Joe Cheng (looks and acting). The Korean cast looked the parts, I really like how they look and seem like they have great chemistry... but seem like they have terrible acting? Only judging from a short clip in youtube though. Let me know your opinion^^
Last edited by yanie on Mar 17th, '13, 16:41, edited 4 times in total.

2kwik2can

Post by 2kwik2can » Mar 12th, '13, 18:19

My wish actually came true when I found out about this! I loved the manga/anime! When I found out about the 1996 drama adaptation, I got even more excited & tried to watch it but I didn't even get passed the first episode. I didn't like how the cast looked. I didn't even know that there was a Taiwanese & Korean version of this until now. So far, I am kinda happy with how the cast looks. Well...except for Naoki. He's not very good looking imo. Anywho! I'm really looking forward to the 2013 version! Hope their acting are good & that they follow the story very well!

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 12th, '13, 19:30

The Taiwan version was the best and I think you can still download it as "It Started With A Kiss" I believe the Japanese author has since passed away so there is no real ending after they start to practice medicine.. The Taiwan version has a part two also. The Korean version I liked, but the ratings were not good. I thought the female actors were really good, but the leading male needs a few more acting lessons. The Korean version is "Mischievous Kiss", look them both up on Drama Wiki. There was a big discussion when the Korean one came out as it combines both part 1 and part 2 of the Taiwan version, either way, I thought both were better than the original Japanese. Especially the quality of the video, with this new Japanese version, maybe they can look at all versions and make the best overall version.

Gir

Re: [Discussion] Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO (2013)

Post by Gir » Mar 12th, '13, 21:38

yanie wrote:
. Really looking forward to her performance as Kotoko. Hopefully she can be better than the highly criticized Sato Aiko XD

But the ears man... how can you not love the ears...
Image :-)

After looking at some photos of Miki Honoka, I guess her's aren't too bad either.
Last edited by Gir on Mar 13th, '13, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: [Discussion] Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO (2013)

Post by yanie » Mar 12th, '13, 23:33

Gir wrote:
yanie wrote:
. Really looking forward to her performance as Kotoko. Hopefully she can be better than the highly criticized Sato Aiko XD

But the ears man... how can you not love the ears...
Image :-)

After looking at some photos of Miki Honoka, I guess her's aren't too bad either.
Haha... I know, right? I really had no problem with Sato Aiko as Kotoko. I thought she was hillarious, and I definitely didn't find her annoying at all like how people say abt her. She was definitely different than the stereotype, typical female lead character in a romantic comedy. She had good chemistry with Kassy too.

But if I rewatch it again now, I can understand why people don't like her portrayal as Kotoko, lol.

If you pay attention closely, Miki Honoka's ear looks big too :lol (though not as big as Aiko's)

Thank you for the Taiwanese and Korean opnions ^v^ But didn't the Taiwanese version dragged? i mean... its 62 episodes :blink

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Mar 15th, '13, 19:15

Taiwanese version was the best version in my opinion. I didn't feel it drag, and I loved each character's development. Joe and Jiro honestly did justice to their roles and the heroine... well I don't think she was intended to be too attractive and she acted brilliantly. Anyways, really looking forward to this. Yanie, interested in collaborating to sub the show, assuming it isn't already being done by someone else?

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Mar 15th, '13, 20:41

OMG!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS LIKE FOOOOOREEVAAAAAAAA!!!

some one pinch me *Q*

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Mar 15th, '13, 20:43

@Koitsu YES!! the taiwanese version was like THE BEST! i still agree! the OST was Perfect and i hope this one will be perfect too

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Mar 15th, '13, 20:48

I hope this untested cast is up for the task of competing with the other versions. I have a feeling nobody will top the Joe/Jiro male lead combination. This being said, I don't think I've seen these actors in any other shows so I'll definitely give them a chance.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 16th, '13, 00:05

Like I said earlier, I thought the Taiwanese version was the best, but then maybe if I had seen the Korean one first, it would be the opposite. The one thing I have noticed is that the best role (comedian) is the mother. In both versions the mothers really mad me laugh. I also want to see how they end it because the author of this great story passed away.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 16th, '13, 03:49

koitsu, I PM-ed you about subbing this drama together.

I finally watched them, I agree with most public opinion, Taiwanese one is good, I'm surprised I like it cause I hate most Taiwanese stuff I've seen (dramas and films)... not only the 2 leads' pleasant-to-see-acting and chemistry, but the directing and script is also good... the only thing that doesn't work for me, is the very slow pacing... I'm really not used to such a slow-paced story... Taiwanese dragged what was concluded in 1 episode of the Japanese 1996 version, to 3 episodes XD But as long as I watch it in a fast-forward mode, it works, haha! Joe Cheng is really good as Naoki (my only complain is his hairstyle XD), he reminds me a lot of the anime-Naoki. It's unexpected that I like his acting as Naoki, cause I hated his portrayal as Mayama in Taiwanese Honey&Clover, he was so boring as Mayama, didn't like his acting there. (but then I did have to compare him with Mukai Osamu's Mayama :P) On the other hand, Kim Hyun Joong's portrayal as Naoki, .....I think he's playing Hanazawa Rui here rather than Irie Naoki.... his acting reminds me of Yamapi's acting lol. It's difficult to play Naoki, I guess, cause behind that cold expression... we'd still know he likes Kotoko since the beginning. And its not fair for me to judge so soon, cause I've seen 7 eps of the taiwanese one and only 1 episode of the Korean one... so I'd still give him a chance, cause he looks so pretty, haha ^v^ did his face come from the same factory as Bae Yong Jun's face? he resembles him alot, lol.

Koitsu, its interesting that you keep mentioning Joe-Jiro duo... since most fans always mention the awesome chemistry between ArJoe... haha...
I will definitely continue watching the Taiwanese drama, it looks fun, I heard the 2nd season They Kiss Again, is good too.

But so far, I still love the anime best :roll

Btw Furukawa Yuki playing as Irie Naoki in this 2013 version, has appeared in Boku to Star no 99nichi and Rich Man, Poor Woman, but omg, I totally can't remember his roles in those 2 dramas... lol... his looks must be the forgettable type XD

Aw... the Japanese 1996 Kotoko-Naoki couple was only the couple who got to meet the author, Tada Kaoru-sensei...

Last edited by yanie on Mar 17th, '13, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Mar 16th, '13, 08:05

Thanks for the pm yanie I responded. It's funny that Furukawa Yuki was in in Boku to Star because I subbed that show and I literally have no recollection of him at all.

The reason I mention Joe-Jiro so much is because they do cold and hot so convincingly and NATURALLY. Ariel-Joe chemistry is most definitely there and a bit more obvious, but yeah.

I agree with you that most taiwanese dramas are sub-par at best but this is one of the great exceptions. Meteor Garden and In Time with You(Ariel's work) are two other notable exceptions.

Anyways, lets hope Furukawa Yuki leaves more of an impression as Irie than in his previous works.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 16th, '13, 11:33

Was he Takanabe's manager or something? lol.

Actually, my ideal remake Irie Naoki would be Mukai Osamu, but he's too old now haha.
And my ideal Kotoko is Shida Mirai... she's still 20, I wonder why she wasn't casted... her character in Seigi no Mikata was quite similar to Kotoko lol.

Honoka-chan had a filming with Kotoko's father in his ramen shop today. She look so cute as Kotoko-chan!

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Mar 16th, '13, 11:45

yanie wrote:Was he Takanabe's manager or something? lol.

Actually, my ideal remake Irie Naoki would be Mukai Osamu, but he's too old now haha.
And my ideal Kotoko is Shida Mirai... she's still 20, I wonder why she wasn't casted... her character in Seigi no Mikata was quite similar to Kotoko lol.

Honoka-chan had a filming with Kotoko's father in his ramen shop today. She look so cute as Kotoko-chan!

have you ever watch movie "Kirishima Bukatsu Yametteyo?" I'll show you my scheme

Maybe most of you guys haven't heard about these actors, but I think after I watch that movie I am convinced Mayu Matsuoka would play perfect Kotoko (she and Honoka both played in Suzuki Sensei, though). Honoka is surely a potential young talent (she showed it in Suzuki Sensei), but she's much too young to be Kotoko, not mentioning her meager acting experience. Therefore, Naoki would be as good as if acted by Higashide Masahiro, whereas the gawdy guy (I forget the name) portrayed by Motoki Ochiai (former child actor). Damn, it would be great if it really happens.
Last edited by lontong.stroong on Mar 16th, '13, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Mar 16th, '13, 12:59

yanie wrote: Actually, my ideal remake Irie Naoki would be Mukai Osamu, but he's too old now haha.

Actually during the Seigi no Mikata days, I liked the chemistry of Shida Mirai and Osamu even though their role is just a brother and sister in law. Hopefully they'll be paired in a drama someday. :thumleft:

As for me I want Irie to be Tamamori Yuta because he did well in Ikemen desu ne. Hehe. ;) Oh well, maybe Yuki would make a justice to his role. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 19th, '13, 04:31

Kotoko, Yuki, Naoki on the set during filming break, they were shooting a family meal scene.

Speaking of family, Naoki's mother in 1996 and taiwanese ones did a great job, it's always hilarious to see her shipping Kotoko-Naoki so hard, lol. Being supportive of her child's romance is another thing... I mean, she practically acts like a Kotoko-Naoki shipper, lol. I hope the 2013 mother is as funny as her predecessors. A bit worried cause I'm not familiar with the actress and she looks so pretty, I wonder if she can act comedy. It is difficult to be Naoki's mother, cause she has to be pretty (cause that's where Naoki's looks come from) and ridiculously comical at the same time. I have expectation on Naoki's father though, cause he's a comedian, I hope he'll bring out the funny and comical atmosphere.
As for Kotoko's father.... I still can't imagine Tanaka Yoji as a loving and caring father, cause his "Aru yo" bar owner image in HERO left a very deep impression for me XD I really hope he can do a good job. Best portrayal of Kotoko's father was the Japanese 1996 one, imo.

EDIT: Hold it!! She was Mimasaka Akira's doll-like dressed mother in Hanadan Returns (2007) Ep3! Omg, I need to rewatch that episode XD

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Mar 20th, '13, 18:51

i'm really excited to see this drama, I actually watched the first Japanese version, but dare I say this main actress looks more like Kotoko in the manga than the old Kotoko from the previous drama version.

I did watch the Korean counterpart (liked as well) but I never watched the Taiwanese one...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '13, 04:25

kathia_sophia wrote:i'm really excited to see this drama, I actually watched the first Japanese version, but dare I say this main actress looks more like Kotoko in the manga than the old Kotoko from the previous drama version.
That's what I thought too, in the beginning, but after re-watching and checking out the other adaptations, I'm a bit worried abt Miki Honoka acting dumb. Her predecessors, Sato Aiko, Ariel Lin, and Jung So-min has looks that suit a dumb character :D Or maybe just because Honoka's role in Suzuki-sensei, a quick-witted and level-headed girl, still stuck in my mind.

I think all adaptations of ItaKiss are good and has its own charm (have only checked ep1 and a few clips of the Korean one though).

Can't wait to see the family scenes! Naoki's dad look so funny already :lol

Naoki's dad and Kotoko's dad:

Naoki's mom and dad:
Last edited by yanie on Mar 21st, '13, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Mar 21st, '13, 07:50

The parents look definitely great.^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '13, 19:34

40s Teaser:

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Mar 22nd, '13, 06:58

I really enjoyed the taiwanese version.... until it became boring towards the end of 2nd season.
I never tried the korean one lol
but THIS.......................................YES IM EXCITED :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 22nd, '13, 09:20

watashiwachiaki wrote:I really enjoyed the taiwanese version.... until it became boring towards the end of 2nd season.
Waa... I'm just on Ep12 of the 2nd season, taiwanese version, and its actually still very enjoyable to me. So it'll get draggy toward the end? I wonder if the last few eps come from the manga or was it written originally by the Taiwanese? Cause seem like there's a chock full of plots in the 2nd season taiwan, that wasn't in the anime.

Making of Itazura na Kiss ~Love in TOKYO (2013): http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video ... d=47769567
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gm19hlucqlo0d2q

I was very worried about Furukawa Yuki as Naoki, cause I don't think he has the looks and acting chops to be Naoki... but after watching the SP program, I come to like this guy, he's kinda cute and I think he can act :roll Kin-chan looks great too, too bad he's too pretty to be Kin-chan hehe... (actually none of the drama Kin-chan's looks follows the manga)
On the other hand, I am now worried about Honoka's Kotoko, cause she doesn't look as chirpy and as dumb as her predecessors XD
Last edited by yanie on Mar 22nd, '13, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Mar 22nd, '13, 09:45

yanie wrote:
watashiwachiaki wrote:I really enjoyed the taiwanese version.... until it became boring towards the end of 2nd season.
Waa... I'm just on Ep12 of the 2nd season, taiwanese version, and its actually still very enjoyable to me. So it'll get draggy toward the end?
not really draggy-boring... If I remember it right, the lead girl (sorry forgot the names of the characters) used to be stupid in a cute way, then she became stupid in an annoying way... it was like she becomes more "baka" in every episode. so I remember I got bored because of it and just skipped episodes and watched the last one LOL :lol
anyway yeah the entire series was very enjoyable :thumright:
and I find Ariel Lin super cute!! :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 26th, '13, 13:54

Satomi, Kotoko, Jinko, the Baka Trio of F class :roll (but this is actually a picture from the college episodes filming, so they're not F class anymore)

The actress who's playing as Satomi is Yamaya Kasumi, she was in the drama SP, RESET -Honto no Shiawase no Mitsukekata- (Suzuki Honami / Shida Mirai), she was playing the teenage version of Sakai Maki.
Fujimoto Nanami is playing Jinko. She was the awesome child actress in the movie "Koneko no Namida" (2007) starring Takeda Shinji and Hirosue Ryoko.

I translated the cast's blog entries about the ItaKiss filming: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/174867.html

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 28th, '13, 06:20

Official YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ItakissCh
The overly done make-up bothers me :\

Official Website: http://www.cinemart.co.jp/itakiss-tokyo/
So I guess this is one of the rare J-dramas that is not produced by a TV station, but by a certain production house?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 30th, '13, 17:02

It did not disappoint! I loved Ep1!!! :cheers:

My review and screencaps:
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/175572.html

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Mar 30th, '13, 17:49

I don't like the actor of the male lead. Doesn't fit for this
The other characters work fine in their roles

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Mar 30th, '13, 21:50

k361 wrote:I don't like the actor of the male lead. Doesn't fit for this
The other characters work fine in their roles
I honestly think he just hasn't had the chance to shine yet. If you'll remember, Joe Cheng doesn't make much of an impression until a couple episodes passed in the Taiwanese one, but he was definitely the best Irie in my opinion.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 31st, '13, 02:16

Yup... actually ItaKiss story and characters doesn't really shine until they go to college. So maybe we should give it a chance until Ep6 :D

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 1st, '13, 07:43

Couldn't resist subbing the show :) Thanks yanie for helping out on ep1.

Here is the release: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_132185.htm

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 1st, '13, 08:34

Wow so fast! :lol Otsukaresama~~ :salut:

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Apr 2nd, '13, 03:10

koitsu wrote:Couldn't resist subbing the show :) Thanks yanie for helping out on ep1.

Here is the release: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_132185.htm

Yayyy! Thanks and to yanie too! :D

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 3rd, '13, 13:14

Just watched the first episode and I LOVED it!!! Although its obvious this drama has low budget (unlike prime-time dramas) it was still pretty and well arranged.
Honoka Miki is so cute and pretty, I think she is the most pretty Kotoko of all drama versions, though sometimes I feel she doesn't look so dumb as it should be, but still a good actress.
Naoki is a beautiful boy, though a bit more on the cute side than the handsome side, but still good.
Kin-chan however its another talk, I mean the actor acts really well IMO, he's so charismatic and full of life, and his style and hair is so Kin-chan, but...he is too handsome to be that character, I think I will have a hard time choosing the one I like best from the two main buys.

Can't wait for the next episode, Please Friday come, Come, COME FAST!!!!!

Nessephanie

Post by Nessephanie » Apr 5th, '13, 06:21

I've never read the manga or seen any of the other drama versions of this, so I have no basis of comparison, but I watched this and I think it's really cute so far. I'm eagerly anticipating the next episode.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 5th, '13, 07:48

Nessephanie wrote:I've never read the manga or seen any of the other drama versions of this, so I have no basis of comparison, but I watched this and I think it's really cute so far. I'm eagerly anticipating the next episode.
I'd seriously suggest watching the taiwanese version before this. Just a suggestion.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '13, 08:19

Doubtful they top epic Taiwan version and it won't be hard to top K-crap, so I'm going to check the episode. :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 5th, '13, 10:00

Ethlenn wrote:Doubtful they top epic Taiwan version and it won't be hard to top K-crap, so I'm going to check the episode. :mrgreen:
TW covered the whole 23 volumes of the manga dakara na... that's hard to beat.

I'm guessing the 2013 version will end with the wedding party and no story after marriage.... but I hope there'd be no reversing wedding clothes crap like in the taiwanese version, one of the 3 things I hate from that epic adaptation.

If this 2013 version really end with the wedding, then the Taiwanese one would still be the king :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 6th, '13, 03:09

Loved Ep2!!!! :wub:

Streaming for Ep2: http://video.fc2.com/en/content/20130406w26pPYhS/
Preview for Ep3:

So far, it stick so true to the manga. Furukawa is getting good as Naoki, love him! (I just wish he can style his hair better, lol)

lubergitu

Post by lubergitu » Apr 6th, '13, 04:53

Really cant wait for ep 3.

I had watched on fast forward mode the old version about 10 years ago but I forgot which situation the last scene of the upcoming ep 3 preview were.

Gosh I've been eyeing Furukawa Yuki since I know he can speak english so well and bless that deep voice of his. First time seeing him in Asuko March but totally didnt know he grew up overseas.

Nessephanie

Post by Nessephanie » Apr 6th, '13, 10:18

koitsu wrote:I'd seriously suggest watching the taiwanese version before this. Just a suggestion.
I'd like to, just not sure I have the time right now for a long series. Where as this is only one ep a week or so. But I'll put the Taiwanese one on my list of shows to watch.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 6th, '13, 15:23

My review on Ep2: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/177233.html

Calling out to all ITAKISS fans out there! Please join!

Itazura na KISS Community Forum
http://z13.invisionfree.com/ItaKissComm/index.php?

A forum for ALL adaptations, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean!

I will continue to post translation of the cast blog entries and pictures in this forum. You can also find the manga scans there. Please make the forum more lively by posting opinions, pictures, Youtube clips, etc! Yoroshiku ne~
Last edited by yanie on Apr 6th, '13, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Apr 6th, '13, 15:59

Ethlenn wrote:Doubtful they top epic Taiwan version and it won't be hard to top K-crap, so I'm going to check the episode. :mrgreen:
LOL @ K-crap.... now I'm kinda glad I didnt bother watching that version :lol

I liked ep1. More than that, I HAD to check the wiki page of Irie Naoki's actor. (coz I'm lazy checking out the cast list before I watch a jdrama)
I find it amusing that he, Furukawa Yuki, was that cute dude in Boku to Star no 99 Nichi. Bec me and my friend were discussing how come Korean dramas has more handsome and/or cute young actors than jdramas. So when I saw Furukawa-san, I'm like there are still pretty looking boys left in Japan! (not counting Miura, Mukai Osamu, & Shirota Yuu because they are well known already).

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 9th, '13, 06:20

Here be episode 2: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_132631.htm

Thanks rothedoe and yanie for helping out. Great episode btw :)

fenesta

Post by fenesta » Apr 9th, '13, 12:06

Oh my dear God, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for the sub!!! :cheers: :notworthy:

StayIcy

Post by StayIcy » Apr 9th, '13, 17:30

I was watching this and I couldn't wait to find out what fans are saying of this!

I didn't read the manga or watched any of the adaptations before but I have to admit Furukawa Yuki doesn't match the ikemen I would expect to see considering it's a shoujo manga.

However, after first episode, I'm in love! Even though there's a ~10 years gap between them, they managed to have chemistry. It helps that Honoka Miki looks slightly mature and Furukawa Yuki looks way younger than his age (perhaps due to his skinny build?).

I can't wait for Friday to come! Need a lighthearted drama like this to gush over. Haha~ :wub:

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Apr 9th, '13, 19:07

koitsu wrote:Here be episode 2: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_132631.htm

Thanks for the subs. So far, I enjoyed the first episode. I was surprised by the heroine and I like the way she is portrayed.

PS: I still hope you won't drop Saikou no Rikon.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 9th, '13, 20:00

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
koitsu wrote:Here be episode 2: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_132631.htm

Thanks for the subs. So far, I enjoyed the first episode. I was surprised by the heroine and I like the way she is portrayed.

PS: I still hope you won't drop Saikou no Rikon.
No intention of dropping it.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Apr 9th, '13, 21:10

Thank you very much. That is very reassuring and makes me a happy person. :) Thank you so much again for your work!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Apr 10th, '13, 19:45

I just finished the second episode and damn, this one really surprised me. I mean, I've seen the old 1996 version and I've seen t he recent Korean version but I think this one right now fits my taste better then both of them. I really do like the actress of the heroine. I like the little bit of overacting, that gives it a "mangaesque" feel and even if I know the big picture of the story, I'm really looking forward to the next episode. This is even more surprising, because I didn't like the other versions that much...they've been "ok", but not more. But this one seems to be really decent after the frst two episode. I hope, it will keep on going strong like up till now. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 11th, '13, 09:54

DramaFever has bought simulcast rights for this drama!! :O Sugoi!!

Itazura na Kiss ~Love in Tokyo will be broadcasted online on DramaFever site with ENGLISH SUBTITLES on the same day (different time, probably a few hours later) as the Japanese TV airing time, starting Episode 4.

Episode 1 and 2 will be broadcasted on April 12.
Episode 3 will be broadcasted on April 17.
Episode 4 will be broadcasted on April 19, the same day as FujiTV TWO's airing day.

source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130 ... 33-rbb-ent

News on DramaFever Blog:
http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/04/the- ... a-na-kiss/

Online Episodes:
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4257/Mi ... _in_Tokyo/

I'm not familiar with DramaFever. Do we have to pay to watch the simulcast dramas? Is the English subtitles good?

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 11th, '13, 13:02

With DramaFever, you can watch the videos but if you don't have a paid subscription then you will get commercials. With a paid subscription you can watch the videos in HD and with no commercials. The quality is still good though without it.

I'm hoping to start watching it soon. I've seen every version and yeah have to agree the TW version was great. I didn't mind the korean version but they sure could have done a hell of a better job. :blink

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 12th, '13, 01:58

yanie wrote:DramaFever has bought simulcast rights for this drama!! :O Sugoi!!

Itazura na Kiss ~Love in Tokyo will be broadcasted online on DramaFever site with ENGLISH SUBTITLES on the same day (different time, probably a few hours later) as the Japanese TV airing time, starting Episode 4.

Episode 1 and 2 will be broadcasted on April 12.
Episode 3 will be broadcasted on April 17.
Episode 4 will be broadcasted on April 19, the same day as FujiTV TWO's airing day.

source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130 ... 33-rbb-ent

News on DramaFever Blog:
http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/04/the- ... a-na-kiss/

Online Episodes:
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4257/Mi ... _in_Tokyo/

I'm not familiar with DramaFever. Do we have to pay to watch the simulcast dramas? Is the English subtitles good?
Wow, looks like I can enjoy the series with my feet up :) Dramafever has great subs, and they are usually day after airing, so simulcast sounds great. Additionally, there is this guy named kingofbeer who rips softsubs for most dramafever/viki series so we'll likely be able to avoid commercials if we really want to. That being said, cheers!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 12th, '13, 02:21

So basically, even with the commercials, we'd be able to watch it in English subs for FREE, and it's not only for North and South America? Cause I tried a few videos there, and I can't view one of the video, it says only available for viewers in North/South America.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 12th, '13, 03:00

Yeah, this is hiis/her twitter. They rip all subs from dramafever and viki for the most part as of now, so I'm sure they'll end up doing it for itazura.

https://twitter.com/ADSkingofbeer

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 12th, '13, 06:17

I see, thanks for the explanations you guys!^^

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Apr 12th, '13, 08:25

But will the subs be uploaded on d-addicts? Thats the question... And to be honest I was enjoying the hardsubs. I hope they are rip and put on here.. I don't like watching dramas on sites like that :)

fenesta

Itazura Na Kiss - Love in Tokyo

Post by fenesta » Apr 12th, '13, 10:19

I just finished Ep 01&02 and I LOVED those episodes!! My all time fave will always be the 1996 version (I don't like the Taiwanese and Korean version :)). I don't really mind the 9 years gap between the 2 leads, hey, I'm a historical romance fan and 9yr is nothing :P

If I were Honoka Miki, I would have the time of my life having a guy who looks very composed, cool, calm & definitely smart like Furukawa Yuki, hell, I think I will fall head over heels for him :wub:

Anyway, I'm starting to feel their chemistry and I like how they made Kotoko to be stupid but no dumb. Long gone the days when the previous Kotokos will act dumb and oftentimes annoying, and Honoka is very cute :) Furukawa doesn't have the Naoki look, but I'm a firm believer of Garasu no Kamen, and in my opinion, he embodies Naoki in his acting and he's a perfect Naoki (so far). Kinda like Oguri Shun didn't have the Hanazawa Rui look but he acted it out.

All in all, I really like what I'm seeing so far, and 16 episodes? ohohohoho... I don't mind.

Thanks to Koitsu and Yanie who sub this dorama, I hope you will keep subbing it until the final episode, thanks again :-)

MikoxXx

Post by MikoxXx » Apr 12th, '13, 11:38

Wait, I don't get this. /dramafever noob here
So this drama will be aired on TV or just on that site? And we can see it on time through the site? :/
Also, if it'll be subbed already, does that mean someone will be able to rip it and share it here? And Koitsu subs will continue subbing it anyway, I assume? :/

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 12th, '13, 17:31

MikoxXx wrote:Wait, I don't get this. /dramafever noob here
So this drama will be aired on TV or just on that site? And we can see it on time through the site? :/
Also, if it'll be subbed already, does that mean someone will be able to rip it and share it here? And Koitsu subs will continue subbing it anyway, I assume? :/
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4257/1/ ... okyo/?ap=1

Ep1 released on df! Quality looks great. Translation quality is great too. For those wondering, a simulcast means it is being released on the site at the same time it is airing in Japan, so it is pretty sweet, considering they are simulcasting it with english subs. No fansubber can beat that speed. Additionally, kingofbeer has already ripped the softsubs for it here.

https://twitter.com/ADSkingofbeer

For those wondering, I'll be dropping the series so you should get your softsub fix at the twitter link above.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Apr 12th, '13, 19:08

I somehow hate Dramafever for the reason that they only make their content available for the Americas. It feels like they're discriminating Europeans and other parts of the world. (':

And I love KingOfBeer for the reason he "steals" the subtitles from that site.
Didn't he had to close down his site, because they found out about it?
Oh well, they absolutely deserve it. If they dislike sites like asiadramasub, they should make their content available all over the world.

I even don't have a clue about the quality of their videos, but if their quality is as bad as DramaCrazy or Viki, I couldn't care less (My God, those pixels. Horrible).

kyutrix

Post by kyutrix » Apr 12th, '13, 19:27

koitsu wrote: For those wondering, I'll be dropping the series so you should get your softsub fix at the twitter link above.
Awww, sorry to hear you'll be dropping it. I liked your hardsubs... not to mention you resized the HD to just 700mb which is awesome...

Since we'll be having softsubs now, I hope someone can resize the YYeTs HD raws to a smaller file size while keeping the HD cause even 1GB/eps is a bit much :unsure:

kingofbeer

Post by kingofbeer » Apr 12th, '13, 19:33

Yeah unfortunately my site was shutdown but you can still find me on the twitters :D
I've also uploaded the srt for E02 as well and I'll finish provide the softsubs til the end of the show.

Eunji rules!!!

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 12th, '13, 20:04

kingofbeer wrote:Yeah unfortunately my site was shutdown but you can still find me on the twitters :D
I've also uploaded the srt for E02 as well and I'll finish provide the softsubs til the end of the show.

Eunji rules!!!
Thanks a bunch in advance! :)
I don't know what your policy is, but I'm sure a lot of people check (Softsubs thread)http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_13.htm for the subs. If you start a thread and just link to your twitter or host them there, I'm sure it would be appreciated. Regardless, Eunji rules and nobody has started a Jung Eun-Ji thread here (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_30.htm) as far as I can tell*hint hint* :roll

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Apr 12th, '13, 20:18

So does all this mean that u are droping the project and there will be no more hardsubs??

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Apr 12th, '13, 21:07

I don't under atand how do u get the subs off of that link on the tweet?? And what raws are the subs timed to? Are they timed to the subs on d-addicts?

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Apr 12th, '13, 21:23

They're timed to the YYeTs 720p raws available here at d-addicts. Just go to the twitter, click on the bit.ly... link... then in the pastebin, ctrl+f for itazura and download the rar file. ep1/2 are available. Ep 3 is going to be available on wed and ep4-16 will be available every Friday as the show airs.

kingofbeer

Post by kingofbeer » Apr 12th, '13, 21:53

koitsu wrote:
kingofbeer wrote:Yeah unfortunately my site was shutdown but you can still find me on the twitters :D

Eunji rules!!!
Thanks a bunch in advance! :)
I don't know what your policy is, but I'm sure a lot of people check (Softsubs thread)http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_13.htm for the subs. If you start a thread and just link to your twitter or host them there, I'm sure it would be appreciated. Regardless, Eunji rules and nobody has started a Jung Eun-Ji thread here (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_30.htm) as far as I can tell*hint hint* :roll
I'll attempt to make a post about it on the subtitles thread :3

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '13, 22:00

kingofbeer wrote: Eunji rules!!!
Yes, we silently stalk Eunji... I mean you,.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Apr 12th, '13, 23:41

Sorry, to hear the hardsubs by koitsu are dropped. DF or Viki subs are not allowed at d-a.

This drama can be a good remake. After two episodes the character work better

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Apr 13th, '13, 01:55

koitsu wrote:They're timed to the YYeTs 720p raws available here at d-addicts. Just go to the twitter, click on the bit.ly... link... then in the pastebin, ctrl+f for itazura and download the rar file. ep1/2 are available. Ep 3 is going to be available on wed and ep4-16 will be available every Friday as the show airs.
I still do not understand what u mean i did what u said and I don't see what u mean by ctrl=f.. on what???

fenesta

Post by fenesta » Apr 13th, '13, 09:46

Eunji rules!!!
You will be providing the softsubs for Episode 03 onwards? Thank youuu... I will follow your twitter immediately :D :cheers:

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Apr 13th, '13, 21:57

kyutrix wrote:
koitsu wrote: For those wondering, I'll be dropping the series so you should get your softsub fix at the twitter link above.
Awww, sorry to hear you'll be dropping it. I liked your hardsubs... not to mention you resized the HD to just 700mb which is awesome...

Since we'll be having softsubs now, I hope someone can resize the YYeTs HD raws to a smaller file size while keeping the HD cause even 1GB/eps is a bit much :unsure:
Agree. I used to love downloading j-dramas here than watching it online because file sizes are small. I <3 <3 <3 downloading j-dramas that are around 400mb than 700mb k-dramas.
and those 400mb files still looked very good on our Sony Bravia TV.

on a side note, I have never watched a j-drama with dramafever or viki subs LOL
thanks koitsu for clarifying their accuracy. Although I watch k-dramas using their subs, I have always been doubtful of the quality. I have zero knowledge on korean language so I never had a chance to prove my hunches. LOOOOL.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Apr 13th, '13, 22:28

I dont mean to double post, but this post just deserves a :thumright:
Jazzapple wrote:I somehow hate Dramafever for the reason that they only make their content available for the Americas. It feels like they're discriminating Europeans and other parts of the world. (':

And I love KingOfBeer for the reason he "steals" the subtitles from that site.
Didn't he had to close down his site, because they found out about it?
Oh well, they absolutely deserve it. If they dislike sites like asiadramasub, they should make their content available all over the world.

I even don't have a clue about the quality of their videos, but if their quality is as bad as DramaCrazy or Viki, I couldn't care less (My God, those pixels. Horrible).
Kuddos!
I have always hated dramafever since I can't remember when!
I was like WTF WTF WTF over and over again when asiadramasub was taken down :cry: she or he's my source of korean subs HAHAHAHA...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 14th, '13, 04:51

I subbed the MAKING SP :)

Itazura na Kiss ~Love in Tokyo - Behind the Scenes (ENGLISH-SUBBED)
http://z13.invisionfree.com/ItaKissComm ... p=22358368

kyutrix

Post by kyutrix » Apr 14th, '13, 05:54

yanie wrote:I subbed the MAKING SP :)
Ahh thanks!!! :D