Problems with D-A in Internet Explorer

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
cheeseakad

Problems with D-A in Internet Explorer

Post by cheeseakad » Oct 8th, '12, 20:32

there something not right with this site @4:02 pm - 4:20pm things aren"t line up and you can't download or upload when you go the drama section!!! i refresh i restarted my pc and still nothing !! the icons are not there for the download :-( :pray:
Last edited by cheeseakad on Oct 9th, '12, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

kamemaster

Post by kamemaster » Oct 8th, '12, 20:48

Same problem ... actually still can D/l but the menu's and layout are all out of configuration.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 8th, '12, 20:58

Can you attach a screen shot of the deformed d-addicts page to your post?

cheeseakad

things are not line up

Post by cheeseakad » Oct 8th, '12, 21:12

every thing is there it's just that the icons to download are so far way to the right!!! :scratch: and evry thing is at the bottom!! that's what my page is showing in the Bronx :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 8th, '12, 22:07

Still looks like this here, right now:
What kind of browser you use? In Firefox looks normal.

cheeseakad

BROWSER PROBLEM

Post by cheeseakad » Oct 8th, '12, 23:54

on my desktop INTERNET EXPLORE it dosn't look like THAT everything is at the bottom but my laptop has GOOGLE CHORME AND EVERY THING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE THANKZ AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP :D :thumright: :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 9th, '12, 09:30

Yes, it's better to check own services before saying it's our fault. I know IE causes mass problems lately and it's weird people still cling to it.

nanashi2

Re: BROWSER PROBLEM

Post by nanashi2 » Oct 9th, '12, 09:41

cheeseakad wrote:on my desktop INTERNET EXPLORE it dosn't look like THAT everything is at the bottom but my laptop has GOOGLE CHORME AND EVERY THING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE THANKZ AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP :D :thumright: :cheers:
I'm having same problem with internet explorer. :scratch:

cheeseakad

Post by cheeseakad » Oct 9th, '12, 15:46

@Ethlenn thank you so much!!! :D question is there any other way then the taps on Google Chrome to keep all my favorites like on IE cause i have alot:scratch: and your right should have check more about browser and yea it seems i'm one of those people who stick to a bad browsers!! now trying to move on

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Oct 9th, '12, 15:59

cheeseakad wrote:@Ethlenn thank you so much!!! :D question is there any other way then the taps on Google Chrome to keep all my favorites like on IE cause i have alot:scratch: and your right should have check more about browser and yea it seems i'm one of those people who stick to a bad browsers!! now trying to move on
The answer you are looking for is here:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... swer=96816

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 9th, '12, 16:03

cheeseakad wrote:@Ethlenn thank you so much!!! :D question is there any other way then the taps on Google Chrome to keep all my favorites like on IE cause i have alot:scratch: and your right should have check more about browser and yea it seems i'm one of those people who stick to a bad browsers!! now trying to move on
IE is obsolete in so many ways and upgrading doesn't work, it caused my friend huge problems with her PC. It's better to ditch it and replace by friendlier Chrome or Firefox :mrgreen:
IE in lower versions (6) is useful to keep for some Chinese/Korean sites since some work only under that nightmare.

Look at the link \( -o _ o- )/ provided. You can keep and import bookmarks, and tabs work in both Chrome and Firefox.

cheeseakad

Post by cheeseakad » Oct 9th, '12, 18:42

@ /(-o_o- )/ god i love you l just finishing with the bookmarks took 2 hrs had alot of favorites :cheers: :thumright:

cheeseakad

Post by cheeseakad » Oct 9th, '12, 18:51

@Ethlenn thank you :cheers: just trash IE now!!!! Now chrome person :lol i hope in the near future if i have tech problem i can ask you guys for help :cheers: :thumright: :salut: :lol

1Maureen

Post by 1Maureen » Oct 10th, '12, 00:13

I cant view anything on the page what is going on

wingman411

The site is not displaying correctly in Internet explorer

Post by wingman411 » Oct 11th, '12, 19:05

Everything is way too spread out. You have to scroll left and right and up and down to see items on the site. The site looks correct in Firefox.

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Oct 11th, '12, 19:36

download "Mozilla Firefox" Internet Explorer is acting :crazy:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 11th, '12, 19:51

And don't start million topics with exactly the same question, use your eyes and read a little, people!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 12th, '12, 00:48

I reactivate an older VM with windows and IE.

The embedded dramafever ad in http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php destroy the d-a layout.
The internet explorer got problems with contents from dramafeverw2.appspot.com or dramafever.com

Instead of showing the info from dramafever in a horizon bar, it move everything far right and display it verticaly.
Attachments
ie_middle.png
ie_middle.png (35.66 KiB) Viewed 11367 times
ie_right_bottom.png
ie_right_bottom.png (67.82 KiB) Viewed 11367 times
ie_left.png
ie_left.png (73.01 KiB) Viewed 11367 times

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Madoka » Oct 13th, '12, 05:30

LOL! I was coming to post the same thing. I noticed that the layout is normal until the dramafever ad loads. Then the ad is vertical and far to the right and pushes the torrent or message section down. Once, for some reason, the as didn't load and D-A looked perfectly normal. Sometimes the ad is on the left (like on this page) and the messages are way down below, but the page is not stretched.

UpAndDown

Post by UpAndDown » Oct 13th, '12, 07:23

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, it's better to check own services before saying it's our fault.
Before you blame IE, please be aware that this website contains a large number of HTML mistakes, some which are signficant. :blink

The torrents page (631 Errors, 40 warnings):
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ator%2F1.3

This forum page (129 Errors, 138 warnings):
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0

You cannot blame browsers for improperly displaying a webpage when that webpage doesn't correctly follow the HTML standards. Please review the HTML code, both static HTML and dynamically generated HTML.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 13th, '12, 09:01

I see most errors are from magnet link, that confus the html-checker. \( -o _ o- )/ and html-tag generates errors :)

optical critical could be some valign and align mistakes. Should be for every browser.

I am no html designer. Where is the main error?

UpAndDown

Post by UpAndDown » Oct 13th, '12, 10:10

k361 wrote:I see most errors are from magnet link, that confus the html-checker.
Attribute values must be escaped properly. (& should be &)
k361 wrote:optical critical could be some valign and align mistakes.
Incorrect values for attributes such as valign can cause layout issues.
k361 wrote:Where is the main error?
The most important issues appear to be HTML tags that are placed where they are not allowed and HTML tags that are not closed.

Example (line 1430+ of the torrents page)

Code: Select all

<div align="center"><span><br><br><br><br>

</td>
  </tr>
</table>
* DIV and SPAN tags are opened but not closed
* TD, TR and TABLE tags are closed but there are no corresponding opening tags

Moreover, an old DTD is used. This allows the use of legacy attributes for formatting, which are used extensively. CSS is favored though. In one place, multiple BR tags are used to create vertical white space. This can be handled better using CSS. Also, some tags are closed in XML style (e.g. BR tag) while the DTD doesn't allow this.

The reason why, at this moment, the layout appears corrupt in IE (including IE9) while it may look OK in other web browsers is because (virtually all) web browsers accept incorrect HTML and try to "repair" it automatically (e.g. unclosed tags are automatically closed). If you validate random web pages, you will find very few that do not contain HTML errors. This is the reason why web browsers were designed to handle the mistakes.. There are limitations to this of course.

fhanggi
Canada

Post by fhanggi » Oct 16th, '12, 03:38

Please take a look at browser usage stats and you will see that there are still lots of IE users out there.http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

For the sake of possibly 27% of your users could you please try to fix this?

Thank you.

archive18

Post by archive18 » Oct 19th, '12, 09:18

k361 wrote:I reactivate an older VM with windows and IE.

The embedded dramafever ad in http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php destroy the d-a layout.
The internet explorer got problems with contents from dramafeverw2.appspot.com or dramafever.com

Instead of showing the info from dramafever in a horizon bar, it move everything far right and display it verticaly.
I'm basically have the same issues as K361. It looks to me that it is the DramaFever advertisement that is causing the issue., but on mine it is going vertical, lining up on the left hand side and pushing the rest of the contents down. This is a bit annoying as 'Dramafever' dosen't even work in the UK

Forgot to mention that I am useing IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421 with Windows 7 sp1.

rayvos
Australia

Internet Explorer 8 viewing issues

Post by rayvos » Oct 19th, '12, 11:28

If I try to view d-addicts web page in Internet Explorer 8 the page does not display correctly.

Example:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php

Does anyone else have IE8 display problem.

This only started about one week ago.

Dama Heiko

Post by Dama Heiko » Oct 19th, '12, 11:53

I have the same problem!

midwinter

Post by midwinter » Oct 19th, '12, 12:02

The problem has already been mentioned:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_119964_15.htm

Everyone using IE as browser is having the same issue (myself included :) ).

But I don't know if they are going to fix it. On Firefox everything is fine.

jimha

Dramafever

Post by jimha » Oct 20th, '12, 14:14

Why has dramafever been allowed to hijack this site and completely screw up the screen visuals?

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 20th, '12, 14:43

I don't think dramafever make this mess for IE with purpose.

jimha

Post by jimha » Oct 20th, '12, 15:46

I don't know if it is on purpose but on my computer it enlarges so much that I have to scroll forever to find anything and can't even find the search box that was previously there. They should immediatly remove all the dramas they have posted.

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Oct 20th, '12, 16:13

It's been suggested that Mozilla Firefox and Chrome works fine. Try it.

jimha

Post by jimha » Oct 20th, '12, 17:43

Works fine on firefox. Thanks for the info.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 20th, '12, 18:25

If you install Firefox for example you are asked if you want to import your bookmarks, address book, etc. from Internet Explorer. If you change to a new browser your "favourites" are not lost. Just give it a try.

--MoerkJ :salut:

archive18

Post by archive18 » Oct 20th, '12, 19:29

Sorry but keep being told that everything works fine with Firefox is not really OK. I perfer to use IE I like IE and I want to keep using IE. Everything was fine until a couple of week ago. Dramafever is messing up the display of one of my favorite sites. Dramafever is targeting just one Continent but there are another 4 Continents on this plant so I don't think that one advertisment should mess up the display in the browser used by a good perportion of the world.

Personnel as a person who has used this site with great joy over the last 4 to 5 years am a bit disappointed that this has been allowed to continue for one or two weeks now.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 20th, '12, 20:11

archive18 wrote:Sorry but keep being told that everything works fine with Firefox is not really OK. I perfer to use IE I like IE and I want to keep using IE.
If there are plugins/add-on for IE to block ad or complete URL, you try to can ban dramafever from d-a.

I don't know maybe you can config IE to ignore dramafever
http://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Website- ... Explorer-7 looks like good.

I have limited access to an IE, so I can't test it at the moment.

jimha

Post by jimha » Oct 20th, '12, 20:49

archive18 wrote:Sorry but keep being told that everything works fine with Firefox is not really OK. I perfer to use IE I like IE and I want to keep using IE. Everything was fine until a couple of week ago. Dramafever is messing up the display of one of my favorite sites. Dramafever is targeting just one Continent but there are another 4 Continents on this plant so I don't think that one advertisment should mess up the display in the browser used by a good perportion of the world.

Personnel as a person who has used this site with great joy over the last 4 to 5 years am a bit disappointed that this has been allowed to continue for one or two weeks now.
You can use both browsers. Just use firefox for d-addicts and ie for all the rest. No problem.

archive18

Post by archive18 » Oct 20th, '12, 22:43

You are right jimha I could use both but why should I ? There is an issue with the code that puts Dramafever on this site that I believe should be cleaned up. The new code must have been put in place recently as this issue has only just raised it's ugly head.

Also I would admit to a mistake that I made. I throught that IE was the most used browser in the world but I found these stats on:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp Which proved me wrong.

Browser Statistics 2012

Internet Explorer Firefox Chrome Safar iOpera

September 16.4 % 32.2 % 44.1 % 4.2 % 2.1 %

jimha

Post by jimha » Oct 21st, '12, 01:31

archive18 wrote:You are right jimha I could use both but why should I ? There is an issue with the code that puts Dramafever on this site that I believe should be cleaned up. The new code must have been put in place recently as this issue has only just raised it's ugly head.

Also I would admit to a mistake that I made. I throught that IE was the most used browser in the world but I found these stats on:

Browser Statistics 2012

Yes I was also quite surprised when I first found out the stats on ie use. Chrome seems to be the way to go but I will stick with what I am familiar with.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 21st, '12, 04:00

archive18 wrote:There is an issue with the code that puts Dramafever on this site that I believe should be cleaned up. The new code must have been put in place recently as this issue has only just raised it's ugly head.
Sorry for the inconvenience but the formatting problem is not really on our side. Our forum loads the faulty banner code from dramafever.com. It is simply not working correctly for Internet Explorer. I don't know if or when dramafever will fix this.

Until it is fixed you can chose between the two already suggested workarounds. Either you can switch to a modern browser or you can block dramafever.com .

--MoerkJ :salut:
If you are not interested in any services from dramafever you can totally block it by adding the following text line to your "hosts" file.

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1  dramafever.com
You can read on Wikipedia where to find the "hosts" file on your computer, how to edit it, and what it is for.
Last edited by MoerkJ on Oct 21st, '12, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 21st, '12, 14:35

Well, I have temporarily disabled the faulty banner for Internet Explorer...

:salut:

To the users of Internet Explorer 7/8/9:
Can you please test at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/browser_ ... _test.html if the banner works for IE versions 7, 8, 9.
I could only check for IE6, which fails as you can see on the test page in Example 2.

Soul Crusher

Post by Soul Crusher » Oct 21st, '12, 18:56

MoerkJ wrote:Well, I have temporarily disabled the faulty banner for Internet Explorer.
Thank you!
MoerkJ wrote:Can you please test at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/browser_ ... _test.html if the banner works for IE versions 7, 8, 9.
Sure. I tested on IE 7 and 8 (two computers).
Both failed.

archive18

Post by archive18 » Oct 21st, '12, 19:05

MoerkJ wrote:Well, I have temporarily disabled the faulty banner for Internet Explorer...

:salut:

To the users of Internet Explorer 7/8/9:
Can you please test at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/browser_ ... _test.html if the banner works for IE versions 7, 8, 9.
I could only check for IE6, which fails as you can see on the test page in Example 2.
Tested on window 7 with IE 9 seems to work OK. Many thanks

SillyCoCo

Post by SillyCoCo » Oct 21st, '12, 19:05

I'm using IE8 and yes the test failed BUT the display at the main page http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php is looking FINE.

Looks good to me. :D

fhanggi
Canada

Post by fhanggi » Oct 21st, '12, 19:37

Works with ie9.

MoerkJ thank you so much for doing this!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 21st, '12, 19:40

IE8 (WinXP) on my VM failed the test http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/browser_ ... _test.html

Anya2186

Post by Anya2186 » Oct 21st, '12, 19:54

not good with my IE7

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 21st, '12, 19:59

thanks for your help! :thumleft:

so, I'll block the banner for all IE older than v9.

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Oct 21st, '12, 20:21

MoerkJ wrote:thanks for your help! :thumleft:

so, I'll block the banner for all IE older than v9.
You should block it for IE 9 also.

I ran the test and it failed for IE9. Torrents page is out of whack.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 21st, '12, 20:34

ok, blocking IE9 and older

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Oct 21st, '12, 20:43

Looks good now. :thumright:

Thanks MoerkJ.

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Madoka » Oct 21st, '12, 22:36

Thank you! Even before the formatting error, that DF ad made IE9 "load" the page again (the whole page would flash blank and back) when the ad loaded, so it a much nicer experience now.

UpAndDown

Post by UpAndDown » Oct 24th, '12, 21:14

archive18 wrote:Also I would admit to a mistake that I made. I throught that IE was the most used browser in the world but I found these stats on:

Browser Statistics 2012

Please note that those are the browser statistics for the W3C website only. Different sites will yield different statistics.

Anyway, as I pointed out earlier in this thread, there are many technical mistakes in DA itself and external content such as the DF banner. No point in blaming browsers for incorrectly displaying a web page as long as the web page contains mistakes :roll

archive18

Post by archive18 » Oct 27th, '12, 18:48

MoerkJ wrote:ok, blocking IE9 and older
MoerkJ can you do the same for IE10 the same issue as with older IE's DF lined up on the left pushing everything down.

Windows 8 with IE10

may Thanks