This is my first post here at D-Addicts, though I've been leeching and lurking here for quite a while. I'm sorry if it's a little late, since I had so much going on at home when the raws and the Japanese subs came out. I hope it's not yet too late? D:
This file is translated using the Japanese softsubs provided by furransu, and is synched with the Blackboard Part 1 - Mirai.450p.x264 file found here, and at ourhour@LJ (for direct downloads).
I started translating last April 14 after I received the already-translated first 30mins from subie06@DA (through furransu@DA), so it would mean it took me six days to churn this out. Slow, I know, but then again, I'm working on this alone (as opposed to working in a team), so I don't really have a time limit for this one.
Please be informed that this is my first attempt at translating something that's nearly two hours (my previous works only being a spot translator for JUMP-in Fansubs, which specialized in TV clips and shorter 45-min drama episodes). Not to mention that Blackboard SP 1 had a hecka lot of speaking lines (roughly 1300+ lines), as compared to the usual 45min drama eps that only have an average of 600-800 lines. Any comments, corrections and additional input are greatly appreciated.
That being said, on to the few rules that I have with the use of this softsub file.
1) PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SUB FILE FOR HARDSUBS UNLESS AUTHORIZED! Use this softsub file for personal use only!
2) Should you (or your team) be interested in using this file for hardsub/translation purposes, PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST. I don't want my work randomly popping up on a random hardsubbed video without my knowledge (although it already goes without saying that THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS with streaming sites....)
3) Should you find a hardsubbed version of the drama SP using the subs provided here yet no credit is attributed to me and/or to subie06 AND/OR are sources not listed here as "Authorized to Use for Hardsubs", PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP SO THAT I CAN HARRASS THOSE UPLOADERS. I can be very evil. Be afraid, be verrrrry afraid.
4) ....Tell me how the SP was for you? DID YOU CRY YET?
That is all. Thank you!
HAVE FUN. PREPARE SOME KLEENEX WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.
- - -
BONUS: TRANSLATOR'S NOTES
1) The English conversation between Shohei and the American soldiers at around 01:07:24 is as follows:
Wait a minute.
We aren't your enemies.
I haven't even seen that paper before.
I've just returned from war as a school teacher.
He's one of my students.
We were just celebrating our reunion tonight.
What's with the arm?
Lost it in battle?
Lost it in Mindanao where we got bombed by the Americans.
These streets aren't safe.
Special thanks to Janonamnos@LJ!
2) The entire episode is mostly spoken in formal kenjugo, thus explaining the usage of formal English in my translation. I apologize if you were only after simple and direct to the point translations, but that wouldn't work for me, for the episode, and for the drama as a whole. I felt I needed to use formal equivalents whenever used in the drama, and to be informal when their speech calls for it as well.
3) I gave up on looking for a subbing team willing to take on my subs and decided to re-encode/hardsub Blackboard SP 1 on my own >D Will be uploading download links to a locked community on Livejournal.
- - -
AUTHORIZED TO USE ENGLISH SUBS FOR TRANSLATIONS:
1) naan45's team at http://jdramath.livejournal.com/ - Thai
2) Haitsuki's team (Believe no FS) at http://believenofansub.blogspot.com/ - Spanish
3) Tilda2205's team (Alliance Fansubs) at http://alliance-fansub.ru/index.php - Russian
4) ISLandSUB48 at http://www.islandsubs.com/ - Indonesian