*A S S FILES NOW PERMITTED ON D-ADDICTS

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4491
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: missin' hawaii

*A S S FILES NOW PERMITTED ON D-ADDICTS

Postby jholic » Wed May 28, 2008 12:59 am

due to popular demand from several fansub groups, .ass files have been added to the list of permissible uploads. feel free to upload your a.s.s. version files along with your srt or ssa sub files.

(for newbies, ass files are soft subtitle files similar to srt and ssa files.)

don't thank me. MoerkJ did all the work.


to all fansubbers: thanks so much for all your hard work and effort! we hope this makes your job a little easier.

User avatar
AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:50 am
Contact:

Postby AkumaX » Wed May 28, 2008 1:13 am

whooo!! thanks moerkj! (and jholic and d-a :D)

User avatar
lynchmob72
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:43 pm

Postby lynchmob72 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:41 am

Thanks for the option guys, just PLEASE, PLEASE let us know which one you are uploading.
I'm all for making fansubber's jobs easier, just let us know which is which pls. I'll figure out how to use non-SRT files on my own. :)
Image
わたしは明久春口です! :thumleft:[/img]

User avatar
abcd99
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:57 am
Contact:

Postby abcd99 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:51 am

Thanks, Moerkj!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4491
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: missin' hawaii

Postby jholic » Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 am

lynchmob: someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think vobsub recognizes both. my vobsub plays a s s files with my mpc just fine.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:04 am

Postby Ladymercury » Fri May 30, 2008 12:07 am

vobsub does recongize .ass files.

.ass files is a file format used in Aegisub versus the .ssa used in SubSpace Alpha. Honestly, it makes no difference because the effects in the .ass file will not show up unless hardsubbed.

But thanks, its good to know this allowed. Though, I was under the impression it was always allowed.... DIdn't someone who was subbing 14sai no Haha offer .ass?

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 891
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 am

Postby atskv9 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 am

Ladymercury: I think .ass files being permitted means you're able to upload them to the forum now, not that they couldn't be used for subtitles. Massuki has been doing .ass subtitle files but they've had to upload the subtitles in a .zip file due to the previous uploading limitations. I suppose now Massuki's subtitle uploads will be .zip free :-)

kidd
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:27 am

Postby kidd » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:09 am

Ladymercury wrote:vobsub does recongize .ass files.

.ass files is a file format used in Aegisub versus the .ssa used in SubSpace Alpha. Honestly, it makes no difference because the effects in the .ass file will not show up unless hardsubbed.

But thanks, its good to know this allowed. Though, I was under the impression it was always allowed.... DIdn't someone who was subbing 14sai no Haha offer .ass?


.ass effects don't show up, but they do allow fansubbers to change font size, color, outline, and shadow to make subs a lot nicer looking and easier to read. Downside is they weigh heavier on your video player to read them and display them.
Thank you fansubbers.

Kazuya_
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:32 am
Contact:

Postby Kazuya_ » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:16 am

I always thought that .ass files don't show up in softsubs but actually they do. Depending on what video player you use and codecs you have installed. I have CCCP installed. The .ass tags show up using zoom player, Media Player Classic and even Windows Media Player ( not sure which version I have installed though ) on my computer so it can be done.

One more thing, if the subbers use exotic or uncommon fonts those need to be installed also to view those particular styles.

phlongforn
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:28 am

Postby phlongforn » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 am

There is hope for Mac users when subs are only in ASS form.
MPlayer OS X will work.
Also, it is possible to convert the files on a Windows computer using Subtitles Workshop
[ http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Sub ... rkshop.htm ]; choose "real-time" *.rt format and change extension to *.srt. OS X Leopard (not Tiger) users can then watch using the Videolan VLC pre 0.90 nightly beta builds.
Finally, next-version VLC has controls to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation -- features desperately needed on Macbooks.
But, I think it would be vastly better for subbers to offer the translations in both ASS and SRT.
Why, anyway, would someone imagine they know what typeface, font and colors will work best on somebody else's computer?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:15 pm

Postby pokute » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:32 pm

phlongforn's last two points are dead on. ASS is great, but only if the viewing geometry happens to be the same as that used to do the titling, and if the fonts are available.

Most ASS files have the geometry hints in the header wrong. And this makes things even worse.

When I worked on Saiyuuki with 8thSin, I was never able to see the fancy effects that we were providing!! Even after mplayer started supporting ASS, the size and placement were never right.

Please, if you're going to provide ASS subs, provide plain SRT subs as well.

User avatar
Tsunku
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Tokyo Japan

Postby Tsunku » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 am

pokute wrote:
Please, if you're going to provide ASS subs, provide plain SRT subs as well.


yes! cuz us who burn them to dvd to watch on our standalones need .srt subs for that to work at all.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:40 am
Location: Germany

Postby MoerkJ » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:11 am

If you need srt then you can easily convert many common subtitle formats (including ssa, ass, mdvd, smi) to srt using Subtitle Workshop.

To do so, just load the subtitle (together with the avi) into SW and save the subs as srt.

link: Download Subtitle Workshop

User avatar
Tsunku
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Tokyo Japan

Postby Tsunku » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:25 am

MoerkJ wrote:If you need srt then you can easily convert many common subtitle formats (including ssa, ass, mdvd, smi) to srt using Subtitle Workshop.

To do so, just load the subtitle (together with the avi) into SW and save the subs as srt.

link: Download Subtitle Workshop


i know, it's a pain sometimes tho when there are codes in each line so you have to edit those out as well ex: the b /b i /i the different colour codes etc.
even when it is a pain, i still greatly appreciate the subbers for the work they do for without them, i wouldn't be able to watch the shows at all.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:15 pm

Postby pokute » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:54 pm

MoerkJ wrote:If you need srt then you can easily convert many common subtitle formats (including ssa, ass, mdvd, smi) to srt using Subtitle Workshop.

To do so, just load the subtitle (together with the avi) into SW and save the subs as srt.

link: Download Subtitle Workshop


I think it's pretty obvious that there are people here who can barely get their heads around how to watch videos... Asking them to convert formats is like asking them to do relativistic fluid mechanics.

I am all for ASS format. I spend hours every day styling subtitles in ASS... *I* would prefer ASS in all cases... But by *only* distroing ASS, some of the audience gets left out.

User avatar
vulcan300
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 420
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby vulcan300 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 am

Relativistic fluid mechanics...mere child's play back in my engineering days :-)

Thanks to MoerkJ for allowing .ASS files to be uploaded without zipping them. I had more than a few people trying to use the zip file as a sub file.

I also like doing the subs in .ASS. Kazuya_ did some sweet effects in the .ASS subs that Vulcan300 released for Big Money.

J

mysterious_rain
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 am

Postby mysterious_rain » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Subtitle Workshop

i confuse on how to use Subtitle Workshop to watch .srt file drama, so can someone help me how to, like show me the steps, please, thanks.

Pyori
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:24 am

Postby Pyori » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:58 am

VideoLAN 9.8a DOES NOT support .ASS softsubs... BOOO !

xenogears
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Postby xenogears » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Watch out! Install the latest version: VLC 9.9.
You can't see the animation of the ASS format, only the text.
Try with media player classic and K-lite codec. The vobsub filter is fully compatible with ASS.

Or else, you can make your own hardsubs very simply with AVI Recomp. You can find it
fere: http://www.avirecomp.com/news.php :-)

Damn, it's true. With VLC, you must click on "video" and "subtitles" and "load file". I'm not very sure of the terms, i'm frenchman. :scratch:

ghbchua
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:16 pm

Postby ghbchua » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 am

pokute wrote:
MoerkJ wrote:If you need srt then you can easily convert many common subtitle formats (including ssa, ass, mdvd, smi) to srt using Subtitle Workshop.

To do so, just load the subtitle (together with the avi) into SW and save the subs as srt.

link: Download Subtitle Workshop


I think it's pretty obvious that there are people here who can barely get their heads around how to watch videos... Asking them to convert formats is like asking them to do relativistic fluid mechanics.

I am all for ASS format. I spend hours every day styling subtitles in ASS... *I* would prefer ASS in all cases... But by *only* distroing ASS, some of the audience gets left out.


To : POKUTE - you just hit the nail right on the head ! :lol FROM : 1 of those so called people "who can barely get their heads around how" to download/join and watch videos much less "messing" around with sub-titles !! :D A fly would have settled in my mouth when reading the current debate of "When will 704x396 be an obsolete res standard ?" :scratch:

YJJK
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:02 am

Postby YJJK » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Im try to learn it
this program wiil help me so mush to wach movies^o^

ssih
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:34 pm
Location: Boston

Postby ssih » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm

While I don't like the idea of leaving any faction of the community behind, I have to wonder if it's best that we base our methods around the lowest common denominator. I do a good deal of timing for a group that releases only in .srt, and it can be rather problematic at times. There will be a scene where there is a shop sign and another important sign AND there is some dialog going on. With .ass format, you could have the sign translations near to the signs, and perhaps in an appropriate color, while keeping the spoken dialog in it's usual place at the bottom. Some people have mentioned special effects in the .ass file. I'm not talking about that.

Is there really no alternative method to create watchable videos using .ass files? I'm not suggesting that the non-technical need to learn all of the idiosyncrasies of Aegisub configuration, but it doesn't seem right that the majority of the D-A community should be forced to live with an inferior product because a few don't want to take the time to learn something new.

noobee
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:46 am

Postby noobee » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 am

I think you can use VLC plug ins to support sub extensions
This user's account has been suspended. Because the user has ignore the mod's warnings to not reply with short useless messages, just so a spam link will show up on all his reply messages.

norgus
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Postby norgus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:12 pm

I made a tutorial so that anybody who can be bothered to read can convert .ass files to .srt files.
http://sites.google.com/site/norgus2/ho ... ass-to-srt

Jinchengfan
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Postby Jinchengfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:19 am

I have read all these comments and have decided to just walk away. I don't "mess" with video files. I am not a computer geek / genius. I like to download videos, open and watch them wihtout having to re-work them first. All I see here is "download this program" "download that player" "reformat...." That's crap to the generalized viewer like me. What's wrong with supplying formats that we can just download and play? Other websites do it in clear quality with subs. The only reason I'm HERE is for ONE J drama....in your freaking "needs to be reworked" .ass format.
Maybe I should just purchase the subtitled DVD, use the DVD splitter program I have to section it, and upload it to a site where ANYONE WITH MEDIA PLAYER can download and watch it. Start my own freaking site doing this. I sure have the volume of DVDs to start it with. I joined this site hoping to see this ONE DRAMA. Forget it. I will cancel my membership. You ask too much work from a generalized viewer like me.

User avatar
Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:28 pm
Contact:

Postby Drazic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Jinchengfan wrote:I have read all these comments and have decided to just walk away. I don't "mess" with video files. I am not a computer geek / genius. I like to download videos, open and watch them wihtout having to re-work them first. All I see here is "download this program" "download that player" "reformat...." That's crap to the generalized viewer like me.


Nobody is saying you need to do all of them. There's just more than one way to play them and people like to recommend what they prefer. There's no way you have to be a computer geek/genius to download a player that can do .ass softsubs, you might even already have one that can do it >_> And what's wrong with trying something? You're just going to give up and blame someone else? come on...

Jinchengfan wrote:
Maybe I should just purchase the subtitled DVD, use the DVD splitter program I have to section it, and upload it to a site where ANYONE WITH MEDIA PLAYER can download and watch it. Start my own freaking site doing this. I sure have the volume of DVDs to start it with. I joined this site hoping to see this ONE DRAMA. Forget it. I will cancel my membership. You ask too much work from a generalized viewer like me.


So now you're going to buy bootlegs just because you cant be assed to look up how to play .ass subtitles? And what would the perfect format that anyone can play be anyway?

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby SouthsideIrish » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Jinchengfan wrote:I have read all these comments and have decided to just walk away. I don't "mess" with video files.


I don't see what the big deal is. As long as both have the same name then it doesn't matter whether I open them up in VLC, Divx or Quicktime, because they are going to work. Chances are you will have to rename either the video or the subtitle file, because they won't have the same name, but is that so hard to do? Come on, you don't need to be a computer genus to rename a file. Do you? I am watching a lot of Kdrama and WithS2 names things this way, Cinderella's.Sister.E02.100401.HDTV.XViD-HAN-[WITH S2], but the video is named, Cinderella.Sister.E02.100401.HDTV.XViD-HAN. How hard is it to rename one so they both have the same name?

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 9912
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:10 pm

help on how?

Postby esmer86 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 pm

i download the file right but of course i cannot watch it because its an ass. file. How can i convert it to see it or any help on how i can see the vid would be majorly appreciated :goggle:

User avatar
Gir
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:47 pm

Postby Gir » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Jinchengfan wrote:I have read all these comments and have decided to just walk away. I don't "mess" with video files. I am not a computer geek / genius. I like to download videos, open and watch them wihtout having to re-work them first. All I see here is "download this program" "download that player" "reformat...." That's crap to the generalized viewer like me. What's wrong with supplying formats that we can just download and play? Other websites do it in clear quality with subs. The only reason I'm HERE is for ONE J drama....in your freaking "needs to be reworked" .ass format.
Maybe I should just purchase the subtitled DVD, use the DVD splitter program I have to section it, and upload it to a site where ANYONE WITH MEDIA PLAYER can download and watch it. Start my own freaking site doing this. I sure have the volume of DVDs to start it with. I joined this site hoping to see this ONE DRAMA. Forget it. I will cancel my membership. You ask too much work from a generalized viewer like me.
Attachments
violin-animated.gif
violin-animated.gif (36.46 KiB) Viewed 42427 times
If you can remain calm while all around you others are panicking... Then you obviously have not adequately assessed the situation.

User avatar
quiksilver28
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 5:10 am

Eng Sub for Oh! My Lady

Postby quiksilver28 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:26 am

HI Guys ..

does anyone know how i can get the end sub for Oh! My Lady .. pleasseee help :-(

makai1113
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

Postby makai1113 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 am

I'm going to post this at risk of sounding like a complete idiot when it comes to computers... but I need help with downloading and viewing a folder of .ass files that are zipped. I would really appreciate it if someone with the patience could tell me how to do it...

User avatar
porcupine
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Florida

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:03 am

makai1113 wrote:I'm going to post this at risk of sounding like a complete idiot when it comes to computers... but I need help with downloading and viewing a folder of .ass files that are zipped. I would really appreciate it if someone with the patience could tell me how to do it...

What do you need help with?
Downloading the file?
Unzipping the file?
Viewing the ass files?
All of the above?
Be glad to help, just let me know where your problem is.

makai1113
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

Postby makai1113 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 am

All of the above please. I thought I could figure it out on my own, but I'm apparently hopeless with this one. Thanks.

User avatar
porcupine
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Florida

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 pm

makai1113 wrote:All of the above please. I thought I could figure it out on my own, but I'm apparently hopeless with this one. Thanks.


To download, you simply click on the link and a window will appear asking if you want to save or open the file. Chose save and hit OK. You have to know where it is being saved to so that you can find it.( I'm assuming that you are using a Windows computer, I don't really know anything about Macs.)

To unzip, you double click on the Zip file you just downloaded. This requires that you have Winzip or a similar archiving program installed on your computer. If you don't have it, you can get it here:
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
A zip window will open and list one or more files that are contained in the zip file. Highlight the one or ones that you want. In the toolbar above the file list you should see an icon for "extract". click on that icon and a dialogue box appears. Pick the folder where your video file is and click on extract. The ASS file will now reside alongside your video file.
To open and edit an ASS file, you need Aegisub which is available free from:
http://www.aegisub.org/
Of course to use the file, you need the associated video file and must have installed vobsub. Also, the video file and the ASS sub file must have the EXACT same name except for the extension.
I hope this helps. let me know if I haven't been clear on anything or you have other questions.

makai1113
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

Postby makai1113 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:18 am

porcupine wrote:
makai1113 wrote:All of the above please. I thought I could figure it out on my own, but I'm apparently hopeless with this one. Thanks.


To download, you simply click on the link and a window will appear asking if you want to save or open the file. Chose save and hit OK. You have to know where it is being saved to so that you can find it.( I'm assuming that you are using a Windows computer, I don't really know anything about Macs.)

To unzip, you double click on the Zip file you just downloaded. This requires that you have Winzip or a similar archiving program installed on your computer. If you don't have it, you can get it here:
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
A zip window will open and list one or more files that are contained in the zip file. Highlight the one or ones that you want. In the toolbar above the file list you should see an icon for "extract". click on that icon and a dialogue box appears. Pick the folder where your video file is and click on extract. The ASS file will now reside alongside your video file.
To open and edit an ASS file, you need Aegisub which is available free from:
http://www.aegisub.org/
Of course to use the file, you need the associated video file and must have installed vobsub. Also, the video file and the ASS sub file must have the EXACT same name except for the extension.
I hope this helps. let me know if I haven't been clear on anything or you have other questions.


Do I have to download aegisub and vobsub just to watch the videos with the subtitles?

User avatar
porcupine
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Florida

Postby porcupine » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:55 pm

makai1113 wrote:
porcupine wrote:
makai1113 wrote:All of the above please. I thought I could figure it out on my own, but I'm apparently hopeless with this one. Thanks.


To download, you simply click on the link and a window will appear asking if you want to save or open the file. Chose save and hit OK. You have to know where it is being saved to so that you can find it.( I'm assuming that you are using a Windows computer, I don't really know anything about Macs.)

To unzip, you double click on the Zip file you just downloaded. This requires that you have Winzip or a similar archiving program installed on your computer. If you don't have it, you can get it here:
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
A zip window will open and list one or more files that are contained in the zip file. Highlight the one or ones that you want. In the toolbar above the file list you should see an icon for "extract". click on that icon and a dialogue box appears. Pick the folder where your video file is and click on extract. The ASS file will now reside alongside your video file.
To open and edit an ASS file, you need Aegisub which is available free from:
http://www.aegisub.org/
Of course to use the file, you need the associated video file and must have installed vobsub. Also, the video file and the ASS sub file must have the EXACT same name except for the extension.
I hope this helps. let me know if I haven't been clear on anything or you have other questions.


Do I have to download aegisub and vobsub just to watch the videos with the subtitles?


Usually you need Vobsub installed if you want the subtitle (ass ssa srt sub files) to run automatically when you open the video file with Windows media player or other video software.

Media Player Classic Home Cinema will play subtitles without vobsub but you have to manually load the subtitle file each time. MPC Home Cinema can be safely down loaded from here:
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

If you start the video file in MPC HC and pause it, you can click on FILE in the menu bar and then on LOAD SUBTITLE. Or you can hit CTRL-L and the load subtitle dialog will come up. Navigate to where your subtitle is and click on it. then resume the video and it should be showing the subtitles as well.

Aegisub is only necessary if you want to alter the ASS file such as changing the font or color.

makai1113
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

Postby makai1113 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:43 am

porcupine wrote:
makai1113 wrote:
porcupine wrote:
makai1113 wrote:All of the above please. I thought I could figure it out on my own, but I'm apparently hopeless with this one. Thanks.


To download, you simply click on the link and a window will appear asking if you want to save or open the file. Chose save and hit OK. You have to know where it is being saved to so that you can find it.( I'm assuming that you are using a Windows computer, I don't really know anything about Macs.)

To unzip, you double click on the Zip file you just downloaded. This requires that you have Winzip or a similar archiving program installed on your computer. If you don't have it, you can get it here:
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
A zip window will open and list one or more files that are contained in the zip file. Highlight the one or ones that you want. In the toolbar above the file list you should see an icon for "extract". click on that icon and a dialogue box appears. Pick the folder where your video file is and click on extract. The ASS file will now reside alongside your video file.
To open and edit an ASS file, you need Aegisub which is available free from:
http://www.aegisub.org/
Of course to use the file, you need the associated video file and must have installed vobsub. Also, the video file and the ASS sub file must have the EXACT same name except for the extension.
I hope this helps. let me know if I haven't been clear on anything or you have other questions.


Do I have to download aegisub and vobsub just to watch the videos with the subtitles?


Usually you need Vobsub installed if you want the subtitle (ass ssa srt sub files) to run automatically when you open the video file with Windows media player or other video software.

Media Player Classic Home Cinema will play subtitles without vobsub but you have to manually load the subtitle file each time. MPC Home Cinema can be safely down loaded from here:
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

If you start the video file in MPC HC and pause it, you can click on FILE in the menu bar and then on LOAD SUBTITLE. Or you can hit CTRL-L and the load subtitle dialog will come up. Navigate to where your subtitle is and click on it. then resume the video and it should be showing the subtitles as well.

Aegisub is only necessary if you want to alter the ASS file such as changing the font or color.


MPC is telling me it can't render the file. How do I know which is the video file and which is the subtitle file? Sorry all I have are questions and more questions... I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

User avatar
porcupine
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Florida

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 am

makai1113 you must have a video file with an extension of avi or mpg or mp4 or mpv to view the show. An ASS file is a formatted text file that plays along with the video file to give you subtitles. What show are you trying to watch? Do you have the video file as well as the ASS file?

makai1113
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

Postby makai1113 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 pm

porcupine wrote:makai1113 you must have a video file with an extension of avi or mpg or mp4 or mpv to view the show. An ASS file is a formatted text file that plays along with the video file to give you subtitles. What show are you trying to watch? Do you have the video file as well as the ASS file?


I made a ridiculously stupid little mistake that I can't even bring myself to say out loud what exactly I did, but I got it figured out and the video with subtitles working just fine now. Thank you SO much for the help, I really really appreciate it :)

User avatar
porcupine
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Florida

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 am

makai1113 wrote:
porcupine wrote:makai1113 you must have a video file with an extension of avi or mpg or mp4 or mpv to view the show. An ASS file is a formatted text file that plays along with the video file to give you subtitles. What show are you trying to watch? Do you have the video file as well as the ASS file?


I made a ridiculously stupid little mistake that I can't even bring myself to say out loud what exactly I did, but I got it figured out and the video with subtitles working just fine now. Thank you SO much for the help, I really really appreciate it :)


All's well that ends well. Glad to have been of help.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:34 am
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Postby aNToK » Sat May 21, 2011 10:03 am

Funny, I posted in the thread I was quoting from by mistake.... :P
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

User avatar
TenguKing
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:35 am
Location: <<censored>>

I like ASS

Postby TenguKing » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Being an ASS man myself this is music to my ears :)

norisma
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:00 am
Location: malaysia

Postby norisma » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:03 am

i am confused now, last time there is a box where we can search an old2 drama with sub, but now the icon gone, help anyone?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests