[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 29th, '10, 10:05

Found an update on the story and characters:

Seems they'll both have rivals. But I still hope they'll restart their relationship after the first episodes.
Story
Three years ago, the heart of Amemiya Hotaru, the ‘dried up female’, had settled on Takano ‘Buchou’, and the ‘dried up female’ was supposed to have grown up … However, right after that, Hotaru was posted as a project team member to far-away Hong Kong. She is cut off from ‘Buchou’ and devotes herself to work. Then, three years later, Hotaru returns to Japan after finishing the project. She is assigned to the First Planning Department, where ‘Buchou’ belongs, and immediately begins work as one of the team members. However, both the staff as well as the mood in the company have changed a great deal. The planner, Seno Kazuma, who seems to be a frivolous guy, leaves work at precisely 5.00 p.m. because he is on a ’9 to 5 contract’. Another colleague, Sakuragi Mika also quickly goes back once she has “finished her own work”. Meanwhile, ‘Buchou’ and Hotaru work as mere superior and subordinate. Big Sister Yamada and Futatsugi Shoji, who are aware of the development between the two of them, whisper to each other, “Once a man and woman are separated for three years, they will no longer be like they used to,” as they watch Takano and Hotaru, “A person will change after three years. I am different from the person I was at that time. You’re the only one who hasn’t changed.” ‘Buchou’ leaves Hotaru and goes to meet the lovely Asada Konatsu. “What have I done these three years?” A depressed Hotaru spends the night together with Seno …!?

Characters
Ayase Haruka as Amemiya Hotaru
An office lady at SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. She looks like an office lady but is in reality a lazy person who loves to lounge around at home. On rest days, she is the typical ‘dried up female’ who loves nothing better than “being herself”, “afternoon naps, manga, beer” with her hair in a top knot and clad a jersey. She was transferred to Hong Kong for work, but has returned to Japan after three years. She was supposed to make a fresh start in the house where ‘Buchou’ is but …

Fujiki Naohito as Takano Seiichi
The head of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. Hotaru’s boss and former housemate. Takano is a dependable manager who holds the department together. He is respected and trusted by the members of the department for the consistent manner in which he makes well-planned, levelheaded judgments. He enjoys the disparity between Hotaru’s appearance at office and at home, and feels like he is observing a rare twenty-something creature, the ‘dried up female’. However, his new-found feelings for Hotaru start to grow …

Kimura Tae as Asada Konatsu
A woman who has initiated contact with ‘Buchou’. Beautiful and gentle, she is perfect female whom Amemiya Hotaru cannot match. Her husband died in an accident three years ago and she has been raising their daughter, Chinatsu, by herself. She drives Hotaru nuts because of her intimate meetings with ‘Buchou’ but …

Mukai Osamu as Seno Kazuma
A staff of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. A contract employee, he works fixed hours because he is on contract. He comes across as flippant but is good at his work and popular with females. At first, he takes no interest Amemiya Hotaru, who has no charm, and makes fun of her as a toy. However, in the process, they become good friends who can talk about anything, and in addition …?!

Usuda Asami as Sakuragi Mika
A staff of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. Amemiya Hotaru’s junior. She does her job well but is indifferent and lacks tenacity. She is the type who prioritises her own pleasure over work. She begins to have an interest in Seno Kazuma but …

Yasuda Ken as Futatsugi Shoji
The head of SW Build Corporation’s Human Resources Department. Takano Seiichi’s peer and good friend. He had been ‘Buchou’s’ confidant, but the tables are turned with his marriage to Yamada Sachiko. He mostly approaches ‘Buchou’ to discuss, and complain.

Itaya Yuka as Yamada Sachiko
A staff of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department, who goes by the name ‘Big Sister Yamada’. Amemiya Hotaru’s senior and confidant. She is now Takano Seiichi’s right-hand man, and has been dating Futatsugi Shoji inconclusively. However, one day, she resolves to get married. She is one of the few people who know that ‘Buchou’ and Hotaru are ‘cohabiting’.
Source: jdramas.wordpress

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 29th, '10, 21:45

arakira wrote:Found an update on the story and characters:

Seems they'll both have rivals. But I still hope they'll restart their relationship after the first episodes.
Story
Three years ago, the heart of Amemiya Hotaru, the ‘dried up female’, had settled on Takano ‘Buchou’, and the ‘dried up female’ was supposed to have grown up … However, right after that, Hotaru was posted as a project team member to far-away Hong Kong. She is cut off from ‘Buchou’ and devotes herself to work. Then, three years later, Hotaru returns to Japan after finishing the project. She is assigned to the First Planning Department, where ‘Buchou’ belongs, and immediately begins work as one of the team members. However, both the staff as well as the mood in the company have changed a great deal. The planner, Seno Kazuma, who seems to be a frivolous guy, leaves work at precisely 5.00 p.m. because he is on a ’9 to 5 contract’. Another colleague, Sakuragi Mika also quickly goes back once she has “finished her own work”. Meanwhile, ‘Buchou’ and Hotaru work as mere superior and subordinate. Big Sister Yamada and Futatsugi Shoji, who are aware of the development between the two of them, whisper to each other, “Once a man and woman are separated for three years, they will no longer be like they used to,” as they watch Takano and Hotaru, “A person will change after three years. I am different from the person I was at that time. You’re the only one who hasn’t changed.” ‘Buchou’ leaves Hotaru and goes to meet the lovely Asada Konatsu. “What have I done these three years?” A depressed Hotaru spends the night together with Seno …!?

Characters
An office lady at SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. She looks like an office lady but is in reality a lazy person who loves to lounge around at home. On rest days, she is the typical ‘dried up female’ who loves nothing better than “being herself”, “afternoon naps, manga, beer” with her hair in a top knot and clad a jersey. She was transferred to Hong Kong for work, but has returned to Japan after three years. She was supposed to make a fresh start in the house where ‘Buchou’ is but …

The head of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. Hotaru’s boss and former housemate. Takano is a dependable manager who holds the department together. He is respected and trusted by the members of the department for the consistent manner in which he makes well-planned, levelheaded judgments. He enjoys the disparity between Hotaru’s appearance at office and at home, and feels like he is observing a rare twenty-something creature, the ‘dried up female’. However, his new-found feelings for Hotaru start to grow …

A woman who has initiated contact with ‘Buchou’. Beautiful and gentle, she is perfect female whom Amemiya Hotaru cannot match. Her husband died in an accident three years ago and she has been raising their daughter, Chinatsu, by herself. She drives Hotaru nuts because of her intimate meetings with ‘Buchou’ but …

A staff of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. A contract employee, he works fixed hours because he is on contract. He comes across as flippant but is good at his work and popular with females. At first, he takes no interest Amemiya Hotaru, who has no charm, and makes fun of her as a toy. However, in the process, they become good friends who can talk about anything, and in addition …?!

A staff of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department. Amemiya Hotaru’s junior. She does her job well but is indifferent and lacks tenacity. She is the type who prioritises her own pleasure over work. She begins to have an interest in Seno Kazuma but …

The head of SW Build Corporation’s Human Resources Department. Takano Seiichi’s peer and good friend. He had been ‘Buchou’s’ confidant, but the tables are turned with his marriage to Yamada Sachiko. He mostly approaches ‘Buchou’ to discuss, and complain.

A staff of SW Build Corporation’s First Planning Department, who goes by the name ‘Big Sister Yamada’. Amemiya Hotaru’s senior and confidant. She is now Takano Seiichi’s right-hand man, and has been dating Futatsugi Shoji inconclusively. However, one day, she resolves to get married. She is one of the few people who know that ‘Buchou’ and Hotaru are ‘cohabiting’.
that's what i feared :crazy: so basically, season one all over again. such a waste. now we have to sit through another 10-11 eps just to see hotaru gains her love back they both fall in love with eachother ..... again :x

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jun 30th, '10, 00:52

Issy wrote:
arakira wrote:Found an update on the story and characters:

Story

Characters

that's what i feared :crazy: so basically, season one all over again. such a waste. now we have to sit through another 10-11 eps just to see hotaru gains her love back they both fall in love with eachother ..... again :x
Yeah... me was thinking the same thing too. I just finished watching the first season last week. I've been meaning to watch it for a while, but forgot about it ^_^U

I can't wait for the next season! Just... scared that's it's gonna be a repeat of season 1............. Don't need another Gokusen *sighs*

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 30th, '10, 10:00

I really don't want to put the drama down before I see it. And I kind of understand that it probably has to have some new characters to keep the interest. But after reading that plot synopsis, I just don't think it's going to have the charm of season 1. Because back then everybody could see from episode 1 that Hotaru and Bucho were fated to be an item. It was frustrating that nothing happened and romance was only hinted at in the end. But this...*sigh* Three Years of absence for Hotaru. I'm not sure how that'll work out. I kind of expected them to pick up the storyline right after the last season. All that character development and now they start from scratch one. I can only hope Hotaru and Bucho will live together at that house. Even if they have other romantic interests, they just HAVE to live together. I really hope it won't be a disappointment, but I'm afraid it'll be.

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi » Jul 4th, '10, 15:19

Im soo not up to date with jdrama. Just finished watching season 1 of Hotaru no Hikari and I think its HILARIOUS!! Amemiya hotaru was soo cute lol.. Cant wait for season 2 now!!

I dont watch jdrama much but this one was very good hehe

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 5th, '10, 21:42

Thanks for the info! One of my favourite dramas is back!
Good to hear that Yamada-neesan and Futatsugi will return too.

Concerning Amemiya and Buchou, I hope the rivals won't interfere too much. I don't worry that much about Mukai Osamu's character, but
Kimura Tae's character seems to be more threatening. :unsure:
A short teaser...
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/r7h1Ckr9Ido/

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 5th, '10, 23:04

Thanks for the teaser. The costumes are hilarious!! Also the scene in the elevator :lol
I'm still haveíng all my hopes up for an early focus on amemiya and buchou!!
BTW what did buchou say bout marriage in the end?

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 6th, '10, 10:31

i think he said:
kimi wa isshou ore no onna da - kekkon shiyou.
which I'd loosely translate to:
You'll always be my woman - let's get married.

:O

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 6th, '10, 11:05

I loved that preview and Hotarus shocked face in the end. Yes, she and Bucho have to marry asap! I can't wait for this. :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 6th, '10, 15:11

Haha, CalzoneLover, nice icon!! haha
Thanks for the clarification. i thought he said something like that. But i guess it'll just be a joke, didn't look like a proposal.
Actually i don't want them to get married till the end. I loved their cohabitation as it was in the first season. Trailer looks promising for that :)

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 6th, '10, 20:16

@arakira
hehe, I was rewatching the first season, and I just had to make an icon seeing Hotarus shock expression

I also don't think it was a serious proposal (in the preview).
As in the past I'd expect some sarcastic (but sweet) follow-ups. And in the season finale he said something like "you will never fall in love with another man...". He could also pick up on these past remarks.

At first I was sceptic about the huge 3 year gap. But I guess it should make the plot more interesting, and raise questions like:
- did Hotaru change at all?? :lol
- how are things now at work, how are her new colleagues
- how will Hotaru react when she meets Buchou's mysterious woman
- and will she cheer on Buchou this time, since it's her turn (please no)
- and so on...
Looking forward to the cohabiting scenes!
Ah, I also need to check out the manga...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 7th, '10, 14:50

AHHHH I loved the first episode!!! The feel is still the same. Buchou and Amemiya pickering and cohabiting again. (and Mukai's character was cute, too) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kim Yunmi

Viikii is looking for RAWS

Post by Kim Yunmi » Jul 7th, '10, 17:35

The Viikii Team is ready to translate, but we need some raws... Do you know where we could find some?

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jul 7th, '10, 20:01

Just wait a couple of days and someone will post it. The place where I get them doesn't have it yet.

Oh, and if we have a translator we will be subbing this. In softsubs as always.

--Edit--

Our new translator has confirmed so with the help of qop123 we will be providing Japanese softsubs as well as English softsubs, and we will start work on this as soon as we have the Japanese CC subs and RAWs.

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 8th, '10, 05:02

aww~ this first episode was so sweet!
It got the amount of bickering, cute and hilarious moments that we wished for.
And I loved it when I heard the himono background melody again.
As usual some of the significant locations are the porch and the office elevator
:lol

My fav scenes are...
in the beginning, when Amemiya and Buchou went home after work, not together but separately, like each of them walking on the opposite sidewalk of the same street, then they finally meet near the porch.
Then the porch scene at the end, when Amemiya faints...

It is also nice to see how much they care for each other.
But I also think that Amemiya tried too hard to cover up her overnighter at Seno's place. Pretending the stockings are some kind of hat... hmmm...

I hope the RAWs are available soon, so I can fill in the parts I missed via Keyhole.
Viva! :cheers:

qwert1

Post by qwert1 » Jul 8th, '10, 05:44

SouthsideIrish wrote:Just wait a couple of days and someone will post it. The place where I get them doesn't have it yet.

Oh, and if we have a translator we will be subbing this. In softsubs as always.

--Edit--

Our new translator has confirmed so with the help of qop123 we will be providing Japanese softsubs as well as English softsubs, and we will start work on this as soon as we have the Japanese CC subs and RAWs.
I've always been a lurker, but
Thank you SOOO much for fansubbing this series! I can't wait to watch it ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 8th, '10, 07:15

SouthsideIrish, that's good news. Looking forward to softsubs :cheers: :cheers:

@ CalzoneLover
yeah, stupid keyhole. sound was especially bad for the ep.

I so agree with you. I think i even *kya-ed* at that walking scene. Let's hope they keep the middle-ground between comedy and romance. the slapstick scene with the stockings was a bit over the top. Also it's nice that hotaru has a goal again, from suteki na onna to suteki na OL :lol

The daughter was a shock, though. hope they wont focus too much on the other woman. can't stand her type of character ;)

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 8th, '10, 07:59

yess, the daughter was a shock.
But at least the she is already 7 according to the chart...
So did Buchou have an affair when things did not go well with Miyuki?? Or before he married? I don't recall how long he was married.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 8th, '10, 08:38

@SouthsideIrish, will you be releasing Hotaru no hikari2 subs after your current projects (Pro Golfer Hana) or at the same time? :)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 8th, '10, 08:55

Can't imagine him having an affair!!! Noo, not buchou!! Should have been before his marriage, but i don't think it has been mentioned for how long he'd been married. Or maybe it's not really his daughter but somehow he's taken responsibility, lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 8th, '10, 23:57

just finished watching the 1st ep and i thought it was a good start
somehow i am liking osamu's character and i think he is queit adorable and cute when i though i would not because he will be the guy competing with takano for hotaru's love.
i don't think that girl is takano's daughter ut saying this i seriously can't remember who was his ex-wife in first season.
looking forward for watching ep2. i just love how they solved the issue of them getting married in 1st ep. i just hope that it stays like this till the end.

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jul 9th, '10, 00:12

furransu wrote:@SouthsideIrish, will you be releasing Hotaru no hikari2 subs after your current projects (Pro Golfer Hana) or at the same time? :)
We have a new translator working on HnH2, so they each have there own translator.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Jul 9th, '10, 01:31

Issy wrote:just finished watching the 1st ep and i thought it was a good start
somehow i am liking osamu's character and i think he is queit adorable and cute when i though i would not because he will be the guy competing with takano for hotaru's love.
i don't think that girl is takano's daughter ut saying this i seriously can't remember who was his ex-wife in first season.
looking forward for watching ep2. i just love how they solved the issue of them getting married in 1st ep. i just hope that it stays like this till the end.
nope. the daughter is not bucho's. if i remember correctly, the characters intro on the official ntv url described Asada Konatsu (the other woman) as a widow raising her child..her husband died 3 yrs ago. i'm guessing she might be making excuses to her daughter that the dad is still alive, (kinda like the abusive mother in "Mother") just not living w/them, etc..

canavial

Post by canavial » Jul 9th, '10, 04:13

the best thing about ep1 is...
...how the chemistry between ahomiya and bucho made season 1 seemed like it didn't happen that long ago!
the scenes inside that house are the best too!!! brings back so many fond memories from s1...

while it's a pity that so many of the former supporting casts aren't around anymore, i'm hopeful that the new ones will breathe new life into this drama!
it'll be very interesting to see how ahomiya deals with the potential double love triangles of bucho/asada and kazuma/mika too!
btw, does anyone think they added isaki as a parody character to mimic hardgay? anyhoo this drama looks set to be one of the best in this season!
harukaya wrote:
nope. the daughter is not bucho's. if i remember correctly, the characters intro on the official ntv url described Asada Konatsu (the other woman) as a widow raising her child..her husband died 3 yrs ago.
In addition to that...
the ntv site does describe Asada Konatsu as "the mysterious woman" a lot, even in the character chart.
so her relationship with bucho will probably be revealed in a future episode.
interesting how ntv has put up a little "fashion corner" for each episode too.

saayan

Post by saayan » Jul 9th, '10, 05:15

Even though I never got around to finishing the first season, I went ahead and watched the first episode of HnH2 and loved it! My one gripe with HnH1 was that Makoto seemed almost too perfect, if that makes sense, and unrealistic. Even though I knew it was a good, entertaining show, Hotaru's romance with him kind of turned me off and prevented me from completing it.

Well, so far I'm loving Mukai Osamu as Seno. He's funny and snarky and wears shorts to the office. :lol Even though I love Buchou x Hotaru, he makes me wanna root for Seto x Hotaru, too. I think he'll make a great rival. :wub:

Can't wait for episode 2! :cheers:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jul 9th, '10, 13:12

I am definitely liking Mukai Osamu much more as the potential love-rival than that irritating Matoko guy in season 1...

but while...
last season has an irritating matoko guy in between, this season we have an irritating asada woman. argh!!!
anyway, i enjoyed episode 1. the pace, the feel, the chemisty feels the same as in season 1. if this continues for the rest of the episodes, i am sure season 2 will be as good as season 1.
and I totally like the subtle hints of sweetness and romance in bucho's conversation with hotaru... for example in that postcard/letter/phone call conversation, buchou asked hotaru why can't she just consoled him a little.. haha.. seemed like he also yearns the attention of hotaru. so cute.. :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 9th, '10, 13:12

I loved Ep1!! Ayase still have great chemistry with Fujiki, but she has great chemistry with Mukai as well!
The piggyback ride scene was too cute! :wub:
Both men have good personalities, I don't mind Hotaru ending up with either one. I'll be rooting for both Hotaru-Bucho and Hotaru-Seno pairs :lol
(as most of everyone here, I didn't like Makoto in Season 1 too... Hotaru-Makoto's romance really put me off in S1)

But, but... I miss Jinguji Kaname (Takeda Shinji) so much the whole time I was watching Ep1 :(
No more Yamada-neesan and Jinguji's comedic relief scenes...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 9th, '10, 19:10

Thanks for the clarification about the daughter's character! Maybe Buchou feels responsible for her father's death or something. Just hope the 'mysterious woman' won't get too much screentime. Already find her anoying ;).

haha seems everybody agrees about Makoto. He's the only one i'm glad not to see anymore. Jinguji! I'll miss the gags about his height. He was so adorable, seeing him in love with Saegusa.

Also very interested in the Yamada - Futatsugi pair :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 9th, '10, 21:46

yanie wrote:Both men have good personalities, I don't mind Hotaru ending up with either one. I'll be rooting for both Hotaru-Bucho and Hotaru-Seno pairs
(as most of everyone here, I didn't like Makoto in Season 1 too... Hotaru-Makoto's romance really put me off in S1)
i can't believe i am thinking the same thing when i was totally hotaru x bucho shipper. :mrgreen: she just have great chemistry with both

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '10, 01:33

I am hoping for more Osamu scenes ^^; He's so playful and rebellious ^^; Everyone dresses so well to work and he wears casual. I wonder what else he's gonna make Hotaru do besides the Arashi dance. :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 10th, '10, 03:10

Haha, it's not Arashi... Seno said Hotaru looks alot like "Arashiyama no Dokyunko" that moves like, well, like the moves Seno taught her :lol Later on, bucho told her that Arashiyama is an aquarium(suizokkan) name and Dokyunko is a seal's name inside the aquarium^^ So Seno was saying that Hotaru looks alot like a seal(azarashi).

The "dokyunko, dokyunko, nyaan, nyaan" scenes were really EPIC!! And I love how bucho always came in when they do that, hahaha!!

I was looking for that "dokyunko" shot from the official web's gallery, but it didn't have it XD Zannen...

Anyway, here are my fave Hotaru-Seno's shots from Ep1:

pics source: official web
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, how I love the gay guy, Izaki!!! hahaha... the scene where Izaki was shaking Hotaru was hillarious :lol Although he kinda came out of nowhere... but he's still a wonderful new character, haha.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 10th, '10, 03:49

at first i was worried the 2nd season would not be as awesome as season 1 especially most of the original casts is not here anymore (well the only one i don't miss is Makoto because i dislike him like everybody else here and he the only one ruin my mood watching the 1st season :P),
but so glad they prove me wrong, i think i already love the 2nd season more than season 1 especially there is no more Makoto xDDD
im especially happy with Mukai character and acting here<33
he have wonderful chemistry with Ayase and his character is full with awesomeness from the moment he first appear lol xDD
comedy role seem like Mukai strong point and he always good at it but hopefully he would do good at Gou as well<3
i think im going to love Seno more than his Atadan role lol :P

as much as i am a big BuchoxHotaru shipper but i can't help to also rooting for SenoxHotaru pairing as well<333
their dance in the lift is so epic especially they get caught by Bucho everytime<33
seriously SenoxHotaru pairing is epic and sooooo much better than what i expected and nothing dull about them like super boring Makoto before which make me fast forward all his scenes :P

even if she might not end up with Seno, i am hoping they would stay close friend at the end doing awesome stuffs always :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 10th, '10, 11:11

@yanie
:wub: thanks for those pictures, they are my most favourites ones too. that whole elevator scene was just too cute. specially when osamu's disappintment look at hotaru when she changed the subject :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 10th, '10, 11:20

"DOKYUNKO" pair of fools :lol :wub:

Seno stole my heart right away after this scene :lol

One thing I find what Season 1 is better than Season 2. The themesong :( I miss Aiko's Yokogao. For me, that's THE themesong for Hotaru. Ikimonogakari's Kimi ga iru just didn't struck me as much as Yokogao.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 10th, '10, 12:08

found this picture very amusing. could not stop laughing about the fact that they made Naohito wear this. totally unlike his bucho image :mrgreen:

jtan92

Post by jtan92 » Jul 10th, '10, 18:01

Wow the opening of HH2 is funnier and exciting than previous season!!! I missed a lot with Hotaru and Buchou's scenes~ So cute when they are arguing each other... Also, another rival Seno-kun isn't annoying at all, he is funny when having fun with Hotaru! He is better than his role in Seigi no Mikata... :wub:

I think the season 2 is following the manga from volume 10, because many scenes resemble a lot with the manga like the scene where Hotaru and Seno sleep together, in the manga it is Hotaru and Kaname.. Seno's character is actually Kaname's.. Maybe because Kaname doesn't take many parts on the season 1 and it has already different from the manga, they decide to replace Kaname with Seno..

Also, the scene where Hotaru's saving is only left 47 yen, it is also taken from manga where Buchou were lecturing her in a ramen place actually..

About the mysterious woman and her child, they appear in the manga too.. I think she is Buchou's old friend if I'm not wrong since I only read Japanese one.. Her relationship with Buchou isn't like everyone thinks..

I'm looking forward Episode 2~ :cheers:

shinri

Post by shinri » Jul 11th, '10, 06:18

i just finished watching ep1 and im really looking forward to the rest :)
like some of you said, i found myself wanting to ship Hotaru/Seno. it's a little sad since of course Hotaru and Bouchou need to (are definitely) going to end up together, but Mukai is simply too adorable and likeable :wub: so i was feeling sort of guilty haha, but i what i really thought when watching it is we love him because he's like Hotaru in male form. he may have been teasing her but their attitudes are so simliar...this will certainly be an interesting season. i just hope (in vain probably) that they don't spend too much time getting into the romantic triangles with our mysterious lady and keep things as lighthearted and funny as always. Hotaru has always been my favorite j-comedy
and of course bouchou hotaru moments were the best.
hotaru trying to explain her stocking and seno and her witnessed by bouchou dancing twice were simply epic win
:D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 11th, '10, 06:50

Can anyone please tell me the ending of the manga? Did Hotaru and Bucho end up together in the end? What happen to the lady (with the child), Kaname and Makoto in the end of the manga?

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 11th, '10, 07:32

yanie wrote:Can anyone please tell me the ending of the manga? Did Hotaru and Bucho end up together in the end? What happen to the lady (with the child), Kaname and Makoto in the end of the manga?
PM only. Do not post any manga spoiler in this discussion thread.

knuts

Post by knuts » Jul 11th, '10, 08:24

Although I don't understand a bit what they are saying, I am enjoying ep 1 of season 2 very much. Looking forward to the subs and the rest of this drama.

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 11th, '10, 10:59

I also think Seno and Hotaru would make a nice couple... but I like Buchou to be with her.
And I have never understood why all the female co-worker were so crazy about Makoto back in season 1. :scratch: Didn't like boring Makoto.

Hotaru is really adorable.
Her "Buchou~~~" is soo cute, especially at the time Buchou found the gift and read the postcard... (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Sjv1XakVp64/ only audio, and it takes longer to load the page than length of the audio is itself... )
Her happy face when she was called a sutekinaOL is priceless. I love her many facial expressions.
Unfortunately, the ntv site doesn't give us much more information for the second ep than we already can assume from the first ep or the preview.
So, for the sake of marriage, Hotaru will have to learn how to budget. Her self-confidence is shaken when she sees how well the mysterious woman manages her life.
(if i understood correctly)

BTW, Thanks for the info about Asada Konatsu and her daughter. I'm glad that she's not Buchou's daughter.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Jul 11th, '10, 12:18

Hey guys. Thanx for the outputs of the first episodes. Hotaru no Hikari has always been one of my favorite dorama and it's been awhile since I've taken an interest in any jdramas. So I'm really looking forward to this series and I can't wait to watch this.

Mukai has also been one of my fave j-actors since atadan so it made me long for this series more.

Waaahhh!!! I really wish i know japanese. or I wish there are subs already!!!

shinri

Post by shinri » Jul 11th, '10, 14:15

i think you can find ep 1 on viikii? unless you were talking about episode 2, though i don't think it's out yet..?

anomaly

Post by anomaly » Jul 11th, '10, 16:59

Loved the first episode! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Jul 12th, '10, 00:39

shinri wrote:i think you can find ep 1 on viikii? unless you were talking about episode 2, though i don't think it's out yet..?
Seriously? Viikii has subs already. Wow! That's amazingly fast.

I'm talking about ep 1. i understand the series only started a week or so ago. I'll check it later. Thanx.

Kazeyama

Post by Kazeyama » Jul 12th, '10, 02:17

Mukai Osamu kawaii! :wub:

JC

Post by JC » Jul 12th, '10, 15:07

THERE'S A SECOND SEASON!?! :O

Hell to the YES! I loved the first season. It's the only J-drama I've watched more than twice. I hope this doesn't disappoint.

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Jul 16th, '10, 03:12

...lots of fun so far! Loving Eps 1&2, but it's so crazy!! Bucho and Hotaru got like the worst heart-to-heart messaging going on still! lol...

anyways, now I know how hard and long it takes to do subtitles.... was trying with <2>.< , oh, it only took like 2 hours to do 5 minutes, poorly! Couldn't understand half the words since they talk so fast and colloquially, so I'm hopeless.

far faster and easier for a native, I think!

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 16th, '10, 04:16

one of the dramas this season that i will watch....suddenly i find a lack of interesting dramas!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 16th, '10, 09:16

hmm anyone know how to rip subs from viikii? i want to watch it with the hq raw :(

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 16th, '10, 10:31

furransu: It should be possible. I saw some viikii subs as srt somewhere. Aja-Aja before they closed their site, i think. Too bad, i don't know how to do it! Maybe one can ask the subbing team @ viikii.

HnH is pretty hard to understand. Loads of puns and colloquial expressions. Still, i enjoy watching the raws and there'll be softsubs by Dramaniac :cheers:

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Jul 16th, '10, 19:16

Yeah, i'm actually watching the raws. I never watch w/o subs. I usually don't want to spoil anything for myself. I love me some Hotaru no Hikari lol.

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Jul 16th, '10, 21:19

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg4Mzg1MDY4.html

Anyways, wandered upon this - dual JPN/CN sub'd EP1! lol.. guess someones far faster at subbing out there - typing everything twice!

But very useful for learning exactly what JPN words everyone said that I couldn't understand, so a nice find indeed! Gotta practice!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 16th, '10, 22:22

Loved EP2.

Alot less of Seno, too bad. But Hotaru was hillarious, and Hotaru-Bucho's scenes were great!^^

And...
Seem like Seno started to have feelings for Hotaru :roll

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 16th, '10, 22:33

yanie wrote:Loved EP2.

Alot less of Seno, too bad. But Hotaru was hillarious, and Hotaru-Bucho's scenes were great!^^

And...
Seem like Seno started to have feelings for Hotaru :roll
Yes, right at the sametime
when Bucho's feeing for hotaru is getting deeper and more clear. can't help thinking that konatsu is not as sweet as she looks and is planning something to get together with Bucho. but i am happy that they cleared the issue about that little girl's father.
ep3 promises more Hotaru x Bucho scenes :cheers:

Melissa100

Post by Melissa100 » Jul 18th, '10, 02:07

I love this show. I can't wait for the subtitles! Until then, I'll just spoil myself by watching this thread. :D

CalzoneLover

Post by CalzoneLover » Jul 18th, '10, 08:46

anomaly, I like your gifs, especially the third one!

Wonderful rating! 17.4%! did not expect an even higher one than for first ep (16.2%).
Hopefully they continue to be around 16 or higher. :dance:
And so far, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't!

What might Konatsu be up to...
after the talk with Hotaru, she did say to her daughter she would not meet Buchoo anymore...
I think she really is that nice a person, but she got used to Buchoo (and her daughter too -> papa), or even likes him.
So she couldn't help but keep meeting Buchoo. And as we see in the preview she keeps "running into him"...
So, in the 3rd episode...
The wedding comes nearer and nearer... Hotaru is watching a comedian story teller on TV saying:
if you don't have patience/endurance, you cannot get married. Hotaru wants to become a "patient beauty" now. :lol
Then, Buchoo invites her AND Konatsu to the Okinawa Restaurant. The next day Hotaru has some large rash on her face. When she goes to the hospital, she is being told the cause is psychogenic...
In the meantime, Futatsugi and Yamada-neesan are sure the cause for the rash is the fact that Hotaru and Buchoo did not even kiss yet. :roll (so true, we did not see a kiss yet!) They encourage Buchoo...
He decides to help Hotaru out (kiss!), but when he comes home, Hotaru...
My advice to Hotaru: Girl, pull yourself together, you are about to marry handsome, economizing Buchoo.
And to Buchoo: Kiss Hotaru already! :D

And...
Will we see more Seno in the next episode?
Will Futatsugi cry - again?
My guess is that, in the end, Yamada-neesan will be pregnant for real and Futatsugi can name the child Hikozaemon. Oh, and of course they will get married.
Last edited by CalzoneLover on Jul 22nd, '10, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 19th, '10, 14:31

anyone interested in working together to make softsubs using the viikii subs?

the timing files are available, its just a matter of putting the text in.. more people working on this, the faster the softsub can be done :)

Dramaniac Fansub

Post by Dramaniac Fansub » Jul 19th, '10, 14:41

lynchmob72 wrote:Yeah, i'm actually watching the raws. I never watch w/o subs. I usually don't want to spoil anything for myself. I love me some Hotaru no Hikari lol.
We are going to try to get the subs out in seven days, but we just got a new translator and timer so the first one may take longer. Right now episode one is in the hands of the translator. I will email her and see how it is going.

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Jul 21st, '10, 14:43

Dramaniac Fansub wrote:
lynchmob72 wrote:Yeah, i'm actually watching the raws. I never watch w/o subs. I usually don't want to spoil anything for myself. I love me some Hotaru no Hikari lol.
We are going to try to get the subs out in seven days, but we just got a new translator and timer so the first one may take longer. Right now episode one is in the hands of the translator. I will email her and see how it is going.
Awesome! Thanks for picking it up. Please, no need to rush anything. Although, if i was a woman, i'd have your baby. :D

princerioz

Post by princerioz » Jul 21st, '10, 16:59

if u dont mind check ,,.n feel free to download. I just finished softsub ep 1 hotaru no hikari season 2,., from fansofasia hardsubbed ,., http://princerioz.wordpress.com/ur-request/

fsaith

Post by fsaith » Jul 22nd, '10, 15:47

Hi everyone! Just like to say that I really really love hotaru no hikari, not to mention especially buchou :wub: !

Just watched episode 3 and it is HILARIOUS. Especially the part
Buchou thought Hotaru was annoyed at him because of his inattentiveness e.g. not kissing her when Hotaru was only annoyed because he dislike her favourite bitter melon food!
And the part when
Buchou and Hotaru spit beer at each other at the same time when Seno and the office girl (can't remember her name...) came to visit Hotaru at the end of the episode!
Its so absurd but so entertaining at the same time :roll

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 23rd, '10, 06:39

Hotaru no Hikari is RUMORED to have a movie next year!!
http://entamegeinounotubo.seesaa.net/ar ... 05059.html

It is rumored that Hotaru no Hikari will have a movie sequel. The sequel series now is about the road of Hotaru and Bucho heading marriage, but another man (Seno) is involved. Apparently whether Hotaru marries bucho or Seno instead, we might only be able to find that out in the movie sequel that is planned to start filming October this year.

Wow... this means the drama will end with a cliffhanger :sweat: Still just a RUMOR though^^

ojouprincess

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 23rd, '10, 08:10

^ OMG i hope that's true! that would be so great! thanks for sharing, yanie.
somehow i'm more excited with hotaru/seno pairing than with buchou. they look SO good together and IMO, hotaru looks happier when she's with seno. (or maybe it's because i've got a HUGE crush on mukai LOL). oh well, everyone knows that she will end up with buchou in the end anyway.
i'm enjoying the first 3 episodes - ep1 is by far the best so far.
i have a major rant, though. I don't get why they haven't kissed yet. for chrissakes, they're living in the same house and they're even getting married! in season 1, hotaru and makoto kissed and even did IT. oh well.
loved it when buchou tried to kiss hotaru, her face suddenly became itchy. note to hotaru: don't ever answer a call when the guy you like is trying to kiss you. LOL.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 23rd, '10, 08:46

OH NOOOO, :-(
in my case, i hope it stays just a rumour because i have been waiting so long for conclusion to hotaru x buchou relation and i don't want this series to end with cliffhanger.
honestly, i don't think the movie would have much to say. just like HYD the movie. they could have added more 10 mins to end of last ep of S2 season and story would have ended perfectly.
even though i love Hotaru no Hikari 2, but could not help feeling its story and is a very simple one. i know is based on manga (and please can someone pm me with its ending if they read it :salut: ) and it may or may not have finished yet, but still i don't see the point of the movie.
watched ep3 last night and i really liked it. there was more of hotaru x buchou little of seno. in my previous posts i said that i am liking hotaru x seno pairing alot too but after watching ep3 i think i am back to my hotaru x buchou shipping days.
but seno is still way too adorable to ignore :mrgreen:

ps. is it only me or anyone else noticing that tall guy with glasses in hotaru's office :P ?

knuts

Post by knuts » Jul 23rd, '10, 09:17

a movie!...whaah, that is great news
I don't mind that they have not kissed yet
as for me, they could even add a third season to this one..:D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 23rd, '10, 10:05

I'm with Issy on this one! I'd like to have a conclusion, a finale grande and i'm too impatient to wait happily for at least another year. It is hard enough with Nodame :cry: I mean what twists and turns could make room for a movie after s2 without getting repetetive or nonsensical like HYD??

Havent watched ep3 yet, but so far, these two are still too far apart for kissing it seems. Even though i ship them, i do wonder how buchou sees hotaru as a woman. Wouldn't mind some more Seno-Ahomiya action, too. :twisted:

Also, i love the Yamada-Futatsugi pairing. Hikozaemon?! LOL

saayan

Post by saayan » Jul 23rd, '10, 10:19

Just finished watching ep 3. Ahhhh Hotaru and Bucho fight about the silliest things. XD The whole goya business was starting to become ridiculous but when the twist was revealed at the end, all was forgiven. I like Seno better than Bucho (or maybe I just like Mukai better than Fujiki lol) but this episode made it hard not to like Bucho.

Realistically speaking though, in the end I'm sure Hotaru will end up with Bucho because isn't that what the whole series has been about since day one? But who knows? Maybe they'll decide to surprise us?

Judging from the previews, next week seems to be Seno-centric. Yay!

FalleRa

Post by FalleRa » Jul 23rd, '10, 11:13

ojouprincess wrote:hotaru looks happier when she's with seno.
IMAO, she really happy when Buchou cares about her.
And Miki in love with Seno, isn`t it? Maybe they will be together in the end. :P
Hotaru`s place is next to Buchou. They need each other. It is...harmony. Seno is good friend. but he a bit light-minded.
saayan wrote: Realistically speaking though, in the end I'm sure Hotaru will end up with Bucho because isn't that what the whole series has been about since day one? But who knows? Maybe they'll decide to surprise us?
I don`t thnik so. :glare: I am sure pairing Seno x Hotaru is it just for intrigue.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 23rd, '10, 14:49

you can see that hotaru always roots for love and attention from buchou. i have problem with buchou on if he sees hotaru as a woman perfect for his love. it's so appearant that he loves her and cares for her in so many ways but he is a reserved person to show all these put hotaru's mind at ease. :mrgreen:
hotaru and seno are cute as non lover pair. atleast from hotaru's side. she does not think of him as rival for her love with buchou. that's why she is at such ease with him around and can be happy too.
ps. i really enjoyed hotaru and buchou's argument about Goya :lol :lol :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '10, 00:36

I watched Ep3! hahaha.... the whole goya thing was hillarious!

I'm starting to hate Konatsu...grrrh.... (I don't really like the actress too, to begin with XD)

Next week...
Bucho-Konatsu-Chinatsu Hakone trip?? Hotaru is left alone with Seno in the house??? :wub: yatta~

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 24th, '10, 02:45

kyaaaaaaa i am so looking forward with SenoxHotaru alone moment next week<3333
i am glad Seno going to get many screentime especially with Hotaru next ep xDD

lol i don't think any of HotaruxBuchou shipper need to worry AT ALL whether they going to end up together or not because they obviously WILL end up together no matter what and their feeling for each other is already strong enough and no place for third party to enter :P

i admit i am more SenoxHotaru shipper but also realized Seno can only stay as Hotaru best friend at the end and nothing more xD
i am just going to enjoy all of their scene and friendship together and not going to put any hope for them to end up together because that just not going to happen :P

i prefer they just end this series at the end of 2nd season rather than waiting for a year for a movie and i also hate open ending^^;
maybe they could just make an SP to show Buchou and Hotaru wedding and their many challenge to reach the church or their journey during their honeymoon and they trying hard to be romantic pair newlyweds but fail lol :P

anyway 2010 is such a GREAT year for Mukai<33
with Gegege and Hotaru being two of the highest rating drama this season and both still on air now going to make Mukai popularity soar even higher and there going to be many more works offer for him^.^
there is still BECK waitng to come out and next year he already booked for Taiga xDD
being Mukai fan ever since Nodame day, i am so happy to see his achievement now<3

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '10, 07:42

Salz wrote:kyaaaaaaa i am so looking forward with SenoxHotaru alone moment next week<3333
i am glad Seno going to get many screentime especially with Hotaru next ep xDD

lol i don't think any of HotaruxBuchou shipper need to worry AT ALL whether they going to end up together or not because they obviously WILL end up together no matter what and their feeling for each other is already strong enough and no place for third party to enter :P

i admit i am more SenoxHotaru shipper but also realized Seno can only stay as Hotaru best friend at the end and nothing more xD
i am just going to enjoy all of their scene and friendship together and not going to put any hope for them to end up together because that just not going to happen :P
Same feelings here, Salz! :thumright: I'm leaning toward HotaruXSeno more, but it's obvious Hotaru loves Bucho and Bucho only.

However, though.... rather than HotaruXSeno, I'm worried more about BuchoXKonatsu :unsure:

In Ep3, Bucho was thinking...
He feel he can't just kiss a woman like Hotaru, but he was thinking he can definitely kiss a woman like Konatsu naturally without any problem at all :unsure:
That's when I started thinking that maybe Bucho's feelings for Hotaru is not as strong as Hotaru feels for him. But I hope I'm wrong.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 24th, '10, 10:15

yanie wrote: However, though.... rather than HotaruXSeno, I'm worried more about BuchoXKonatsu :unsure:

In Ep3, Bucho was thinking...
He feel he can't just kiss a woman like Hotaru, but he was thinking he can definitely kiss a woman like Konatsu naturally without any problem at all :unsure:
That's when I started thinking that maybe Bucho's feelings for Hotaru is not as strong as Hotaru feels for him. But I hope I'm wrong.
Ah I find Konatsu annoying but
She was just one of his puppy loves it seems. I don't think Buchou could developp feelings for her, besides sympathy and friendship. Maybe he just remembered their past and wished Hotaru could be a bit more mature and ladylike?! It's like reason tells him that Hotaru isn't fit for him, but he is utterly in love with her. I don't think he's a guy who's heart changes after being celibate for more than 3 years.

I think Hotaru will be having a hard time, accepting their friendship and overcoming her jealousy and the same goes for Buchou and Seno. Looking forward to the next ep, never thought I'd be wishing for some more focus on the rivals, especially SenoxHotaru :D
The writers for this series are geniuses, basing a whole ep on the like or dislike of Goya. Hilarious!! Loved it!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 24th, '10, 11:16

I had my suspition about konatsu from ep1. For some reasons I just can't believe whatever she says. She is after bucho for sure