[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 1st, '10, 19:31

An oldie, but a goodie. :)

(click to play)

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 2nd, '10, 16:08

I have just watched the broadcast version. NODAME!! :wub: Thanks to SARS for taking the time to sub and upload the show! :-)

But i reckon for those who hasn't read the manga or watched the anime, the broadcast version will be a bit hard to follow.

Anyway, i'm still waiting for the theatrical version to be out and PART 2!! omg, can't wait for that! XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 2nd, '10, 18:28

xxpinkyzxx wrote:I have just watched the broadcast version. NODAME!! :wub: Thanks to SARS for taking the time to sub and upload the show! :-)
They have? Where?

Sny

Post by Sny » Jun 2nd, '10, 18:39

bmwracer wrote:
xxpinkyzxx wrote:I have just watched the broadcast version. NODAME!! :wub: Thanks to SARS for taking the time to sub and upload the show! :-)
They have? Where?
At their website: http://www.sars-fansubs.com/
They already released with English subs, it's under 'downloads' section.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 2nd, '10, 19:03

Sny wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
They have? Where?
Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like the site where the torrents are located isn't functioning. :pale:

Sny

Post by Sny » Jun 2nd, '10, 19:13

bmwracer wrote:
Sny wrote:
bmwracer wrote: They have? Where?
Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like the site where the torrents are located isn't functioning. :pale:
I just checked it, it works for me. I picked either SD or HD.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 2nd, '10, 21:59

Sny wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Sny wrote:
Thanks.

Hmm, now the links work... :scratch:

I think I'm getting played. :pale:

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jun 2nd, '10, 23:06

bmwracer wrote:
Sny wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Thanks.

bmwracer

i can't believe you didn't know SARS released it till short time ago :O ...

anyway, you can DDL them via SARS forum...but you have to post 25 posts to see the DDL topic :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 2nd, '10, 23:36

Mai-Soon wrote:bmwracer

anyway, you can DDL them via SARS forum...but you have to post 25 posts to see the DDL topic :-)
Yeah, I haven't been tracking SARS' Tweets, so I didn't know until now.... :pale:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 2nd, '10, 23:54

Quick question to the masters of this topic: what's Nodame Cantabile Europe's Map? It has around 30 minutes. Is is some documentary? I found it someplace.
:mrgreen:

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 3rd, '10, 02:39

Mai-Soon wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Sny wrote:

bmwracer

Yup, you can either download from SARS website or watch it online on dramacrazy. :-) I was lazy to wait for the download, so i watched it on dramacrazy.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 3rd, '10, 03:36

Ethlenn wrote:Quick question to the masters of this topic: what's Nodame Cantabile Europe's Map? It has around 30 minutes. Is is some documentary? I found it someplace.
:mrgreen:
It's sort of a travelogue/"making of" video of the Nodame Cantabile cast and crew. :)

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 3rd, '10, 04:29

xxpinkyzxx wrote:Yup, you can either download from SARS website or watch it online on dramacrazy. :-) I was lazy to wait for the download, so i watched it on dramacrazy.
I hope the subs used on DC are their own subs because if they are SARS's subs that is REALLY wrong :x You shouldn't support that website is they are using STOLEN subs.

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 3rd, '10, 07:30

HypnoSurf22 wrote:
xxpinkyzxx wrote:Yup, you can either download from SARS website or watch it online on dramacrazy. :-) I was lazy to wait for the download, so i watched it on dramacrazy.
I hope the subs used on DC are their own subs because if they are SARS's subs that is REALLY wrong :x You shouldn't support that website is they are using STOLEN subs.
Oh no, i have just checked the video and it has "SARS" on its top right corner.

But is it still wrong if SARS is credited for their subs in the uploaded video?

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 3rd, '10, 13:24

^ Most fansub groups are against the use of their subs on streaming sites. You'll almost always see this explicitly stated withing the subs themselves. I'm sure you've seen it. That being said, I just checked the SARS website looking for their policy on this and it seems they are more open than most on the subject. From SARS faq...
Can I repost your video files at [insert any site name here... Youtube, Veoh, Google Video, my own site]?

It's a NO for Untouchable. A good rule of hand is to see if the file(s) is available on Bittorrent at D-addicts.com. If a series is not available on Bittorrent on D-addicts, please do not repost.

NOTE: The following passage pertains to older files that are available on Bittorrent at D-addicts.com.
Yes and no. We appreciate all the support and understand your desire to share our files with other people. With that said, we really can't control how our files are re-distributed. But if you do repost our files on another site, as a common courtesy, contact us via email or at the forums first and credit EXACTLY as the following: www.SARS-Fansubs.com. A generic SARS Fansubs, SARS tag doesn't cut it either (there's a dash in our group name)! We want fans to be redirected back to the site so they can experience other dramas from the source.
I don't know. Maybe I spoke too soon :unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 3rd, '10, 13:31

My Nodame Movie 1 DVDs have shipped...! :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 3rd, '10, 14:03

Man, wish I knew japanese. I could buy so many movies. I'd love a special edition Nodame one, but the lack of english subs us just devastating. :cry:

Enjoy your DVD :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 3rd, '10, 14:14

Orion1986 wrote:Man, wish I knew japanese. I could buy so many movies. I'd love a special edition Nodame one, but the lack of english subs us just devastating. :cry:
I agree, but it hasn't stopped me from buying the DVDs at all... It's the only drama/film series that I've ever purchased... :mrgreen:

Maybe I'm obsessed like Doctor. :P :lol

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Jun 3rd, '10, 19:01

it worth purchasing of course...i hope internet shopping was that popular here...i tried it once then i lost my money :(...still i'm wiling to try again :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 3rd, '10, 19:42

Mai-Soon wrote:it worth purchasing of course...i hope internet shopping was that popular here...i tried it once then i lost my money :(...still i'm wiling to try again :)
You shouldn't have a problem if you buy through established retailers like YesAsia, Amazon Japan, HMV.... :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 3rd, '10, 22:12

bmwracer wrote: Maybe I'm obsessed like Doctor. :P :lol
not maybe but for sure :P and ages before Doctor! :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 3rd, '10, 23:18

MisS Lonliah wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Maybe I'm obsessed like Doctor. :P :lol
not maybe but for sure :P and ages before Doctor! :mrgreen:
Time for Juri-chan and me to go wedding dress shopping...! :lol :lol :lol

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 4th, '10, 05:44

HypnoSurf22 wrote:^ Most fansub groups are against the use of their subs on streaming sites. You'll almost always see this explicitly stated withing the subs themselves. I'm sure you've seen it. That being said, I just checked the SARS website looking for their policy on this and it seems they are more open than most on the subject. From SARS faq...
Can I repost your video files at [insert any site name here... Youtube, Veoh, Google Video, my own site]?

It's a NO for Untouchable. A good rule of hand is to see if the file(s) is available on Bittorrent at D-addicts.com. If a series is not available on Bittorrent on D-addicts, please do not repost.

NOTE: The following passage pertains to older files that are available on Bittorrent at D-addicts.com.
Yes and no. We appreciate all the support and understand your desire to share our files with other people. With that said, we really can't control how our files are re-distributed. But if you do repost our files on another site, as a common courtesy, contact us via email or at the forums first and credit EXACTLY as the following: www.SARS-Fansubs.com. A generic SARS Fansubs, SARS tag doesn't cut it either (there's a dash in our group name)! We want fans to be redirected back to the site so they can experience other dramas from the source.
ah, i see, ok thanks for the info

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 4th, '10, 05:46

bmwracer wrote:My Nodame Movie 1 DVDs have shipped...! :cheers:

Nice! I wonder when will the 2nd movie's DVD be released =/

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jun 4th, '10, 06:03

xxpinkyzxx wrote:
HypnoSurf22 wrote:^ Most fansub groups are against the use of their subs on streaming sites. You'll almost always see this explicitly stated withing the subs themselves. I'm sure you've seen it. That being said, I just checked the SARS website looking for their policy on this and it seems they are more open than most on the subject. From SARS faq...

ah, i see, ok thanks for the info
Just a note: We're completely against sites that make money off of our hard work like DramaCrazy. They're just money hungry and do not care about the community at all. If they did care, they would adhere to fansubber's wishes.

In more happy news, we're subbing the bluray as well since there's an additional 15 minutes in the theatrical release versus the TV version that was released here.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 4th, '10, 13:45

amrayu wrote:In more happy news, we're subbing the bluray as well since there's an additional 15 minutes in the theatrical release versus the TV version that was released here.
Is the DVD release the same as the Blu-Ray in length? :sweat:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 5th, '10, 04:15

Just finished watching the broadcast version of Movie 1 with subs... :thumright:

It's CLEARLY obvious that all the Stresemann narrative was added in for the TV broadcast and it really takes away from the movie itself, IMHO. My guess is that it was added to educate those who are unfamiliar with the Nodame canon, but it really ruins the flow of the movie... I can't wait for my DVDs to show up so I can see what was deleted to make room for the Stresemann scenes.

That said, the rest of the movie appears to follow the anime quite well, with Juri-chan and Hiroshi-kun adding their style to their signature roles. And as always, the musical pieces and performances were terrific: anyone that can't appreciate this music really needs to get their head examined. :P

The English subs from SARS were very well done as usual, though I did spot a few errors: When Oliver says, "Jawohl!" it's translated as "Gyabo!" (LOL); I noticed the word "Funner," which I don't think is a word; and "Kuroki Yasunori" as "Kuroki Yasunaru." :)

phio_chan

Post by phio_chan » Jun 6th, '10, 03:41

yes, it's June 6th! *sings super happy*
I wonder when the Blu-Ray version will come out... anything -- everything -- can happen on just 15 minutes, haha~ XD

and I'm on my way downloading the subbed broadcasted version. although I've seen it once without subtitle, it's still interesting to me to re-watch it all over again, properly, this time.

@bmwracer: nice review! hehe~
I agree with the songs. they are amazing. Tchaikovsky's Prelude made me shiver, it's so cool.

I really can't wait for the next part! but as the next part comes... we have to say goodbye to this beautiful series, which has made my days beautiful and colorful for few months and helped me survive the crazy, high tense of national exam. XD

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 6th, '10, 19:17

Oricon’s ranking of the 5 best proposal scenes:

01 – "101st Marriage Proposal" "I won't die!" It felt like a proposal from the bottom of his heart. (W/40)

02 – "Hana Yori Dango 2" "Marry me!" It was such a nice line and it totally suited Domyoji's character! (W/30)

03 – "Whisper of the Heart" The scene where they make the promise while watching the morning sun.
It's about junior high school students, but it was so touching. (W/20)

04 – "Long Vacation"
The scene where Sena shouts Minami's name "MINAMI~~~!"
Back then that was such an exciting moment. (M/20)

05 – "Nodame Cantabile" Suddenly getting embraced from behind while being on the phone. I can't tell how envious I am of that moment and that feeling doesn't change no matter how many times I watch it. (W/20)

more details @source

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 6th, '10, 19:19

bmwracer wrote:Just finished watching the broadcast version of Movie 1 with subs... :thumright:

It's CLEARLY obvious that all the Stresemann narrative was added in for the TV broadcast and it really takes away from the movie itself, IMHO. My guess is that it was added to educate those who are unfamiliar with the Nodame canon, but it really ruins the flow of the movie... I can't wait for my DVDs to show up so I can see what was deleted to make room for the Stresemann scenes.

That said, the rest of the movie appears to follow the anime quite well, with Juri-chan and Hiroshi-kun adding their style to their signature roles. And as always, the musical pieces and performances were terrific: anyone that can't appreciate this music really needs to get their head examined. :P

The English subs from SARS were very well done as usual, though I did spot a few errors: When Oliver says, "Jawohl!" it's translated as "Gyabo!" (LOL); I noticed the word "Funner," which I don't think is a word; and "Kuroki Yasunori" as "Kuroki Yasunaru." :)
Thanks for your review! :thumright: I really appreciate it so much ;)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '10, 21:16

MisS Lonliah wrote:Oricon’s ranking of the 5 best proposal scenes:

05 – "Nodame Cantabile" Suddenly getting embraced from behind while being on the phone. I can't tell how envious I am of that moment and that feeling doesn't change no matter how many times I watch it. (W/20)
How does that constitute as a "proposal?" :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I guess their definition of a "proposal" is much different than mine. :sweat:

It is the best glomp in J-drama history, that's for sure. :thumleft:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '10, 03:44

My niece took this pic at the Seattle Symphony Hall in Washington State with the mongoose I gave her:

Image Gyabo! :mrgreen:

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jun 7th, '10, 04:48

bmwracer wrote:
amrayu wrote:In more happy news, we're subbing the bluray as well since there's an additional 15 minutes in the theatrical release versus the TV version that was released here.
Is the DVD release the same as the Blu-Ray in length? :sweat:
Based on amazon.co.jp details, the length looks the same.
bmwracer wrote: I noticed the word "Funner," which I don't think is a word
I know that "funner" isn't an actual word, but I wanted it to sound informal thus the change. Translating and editing wouldn't be fun if we can't be a little creative with the content. :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '10, 05:37

amrayu wrote:
bmwracer wrote: I noticed the word "Funner," which I don't think is a word
I know that "funner" isn't an actual word, but I wanted it to sound informal thus the change. Translating and editing wouldn't be fun if we can't be a little creative with the content. :mrgreen:
I gotcha... Sorry for being a spoil sport. :pale:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 7th, '10, 09:03

bmwracer wrote: I guess their definition of a "proposal" is much different than mine. :sweat:
That's according to the Japanese proposal you know :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 7th, '10, 09:09

bmwracer wrote:My niece took this pic at the Seattle Symphony Hall in Washington State with the mongoose I gave her:

owaah this is nice from you and lucky for her!! :mrgreen:
did you encourage her to watch the drama as well?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '10, 13:39

MisS Lonliah wrote:
bmwracer wrote:My niece took this pic at the Seattle Symphony Hall in Washington State with the mongoose I gave her:

owaah this is nice from you and lucky for her!! :mrgreen:
did you encourage her to watch the drama as well?
Oh yeah, she's a big fan... :thumright:

She'll be in Seattle for the summer, so I gave her my mongoose to use as a travel gnome... When you squeeze the mongoose's stomach, it says "Gyabo!" :lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 7th, '10, 13:58

No wonder!! :mrgreen: I just wanted to make sure :D

Oh really?! that's cool! don't tell me it's Nodame's voice??!!! :w00t: that would be amazing!
and by you gave her, you mean that she's gonna return it back to you? XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '10, 14:38

MisS Lonliah wrote:Oh really?! that's cool! don't tell me it's Nodame's voice??!!! :w00t: that would be amazing!
Unfortunately, it's not ?Juri-chan's/Nodame's voice.... :(
I offered it to her once before, but she didn't want to keep it... I did give her a Nodame piano bag for Christmas as couple of years ago and she loved it... :thumright:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 7th, '10, 16:33

bmwracer wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:Oh really?! that's cool! don't tell me it's Nodame's voice??!!! :w00t: that would be amazing!
I offered it to her once before, but she didn't want to keep it... I did give her a Nodame piano bag for Christmas as couple of years ago and she loved it... :thumright:
Aha, but still very amazing as long as it belongs to Nodame <3

What a yasashii uncle you are! :D :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 7th, '10, 19:13

MisS Lonliah wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Aha, but still very amazing as long as it belongs to Nodame <3

What a yasashii uncle you are! :D :thumright:
I try... My niece is my favorite. :mrgreen:

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Jun 8th, '10, 11:18

amrayu wrote:
Just a note: We're completely against sites that make money off of our hard work like DramaCrazy. They're just money hungry and do not care about the community at all. If they did care, they would adhere to fansubber's wishes.

In more happy news, we're subbing the bluray as well since there's an additional 15 minutes in the theatrical release versus the TV version that was released here.
ok, i'll keep that in mind
really? Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort to do all these subbing!

nikemap

Post by nikemap » Jun 9th, '10, 18:44

how about the OST of the movie part 2? I cannot find it online. Has it been released yet?

...downloading eng-sub for part 1 though I've already watched it with 5% of understanding (hopefully .^^)...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 10th, '10, 15:27

nikemap wrote:how about the OST of the movie part 2? I cannot find it online. Has it been released yet?
It's probably not available yet.

phio_chan

Post by phio_chan » Jun 10th, '10, 15:35

nikemap wrote:how about the OST of the movie part 2? I cannot find it online. Has it been released yet?

...downloading eng-sub for part 1 though I've already watched it with 5% of understanding (hopefully .^^)...
hmm, I think it's complete here?

http://community.livejournal.com/jbums/465072.html

the title of the album is "Final Movement". I thought that means that the album covered all songs for both part of final movement? because I don't think all songs in that album are covered in the first movie... but I could be wrong. sorry if I am indeed wrong. :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 11th, '10, 08:43

Ok. Heads up people. Part I of the movie is now available at asiatorrents. The DVD version, that is. No english subs, but I hope they'll make some soon. I personally don't see the point of the broadcast version so I didn't watch it and have been looking forward to this.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 11th, '10, 13:35

Orion1986 wrote:Ok. Heads up people. Part I of the movie is now available at asiatorrents. The DVD version, that is. No english subs, but I hope they'll make some soon. I personally don't see the point of the broadcast version so I didn't watch it and have been looking forward to this.
I suppose the broadcast version was to get more people interested in the Nodame franchise.

I thought the broadcast version was only okay: the additional narrative with Stresemann made it appear that he was manipulating the futures of Nodame and Chiaki, which is contradictory to the manga and anime... :scratch:

aility

Post by aility » Jun 11th, '10, 13:46

Part 1 of the movie has been subbed by SARS-Fansubs, and it is available for download at their homepage.

Don't know when Part 2 will be released though, anyone???

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 13th, '10, 01:54

Urmn, anyone can tell me what's the difference between the broadcast version (the one subbed by SARS) and the DVD version? Are there too many differences? All I know it's just the DVD version is 15 minutes longer.....

Thanks in advance~~~~~ ;D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 13th, '10, 03:49

^ Did you read my review two pages ago?

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 13th, '10, 10:10

bmwracer wrote:^ Did you read my review two pages ago?
Yes ^^... but what I kinda' want to know more is about those deleted scenes which not shown in the TV version.... I meant that I want to hear from for those who, maybe, already watched both the DVD version and the TV version... What are the scenes that were missing in the TV version~~~~~ :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 14th, '10, 02:57

delaciel wrote:
Yes ^^... but what I kinda' want to know more is about those deleted scenes which not shown in the TV version.... I meant that I want to hear from for those who, maybe, already watched both the DVD version and the TV version... What are the scenes that were missing in the TV version~~~~~ :-)
Oh okay.

I can tell you once I get my DVDs in the mail. :)

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 14th, '10, 03:10

bmwracer wrote:
delaciel wrote:
Oh okay.

I can tell you once I get my DVDs in the mail. :)
Ow.... thanks, you're so kind~~~~ :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 14th, '10, 18:51

I just got my DVDs in the mail today.... Gonna check 'em out during lunch. :thumleft:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 14th, '10, 19:38

Hentai Forest. :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 14th, '10, 22:25

bmwracer wrote:Hentai Forest. :mrgreen:

ahaha so cool forest :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '10, 05:11

Okay, I took a quick browse through the DVD of Movie 1 and noticed that these scenes were deleted (which probably accounts for the missing 15 minutes in the broadcast version):

1. Opening orchestra performance with Chiaki conducting and Nodame in the audience.
2. Auditions for the Roux-Marlet orchestra were trimmed down.
3. Various scenes with Nodame and Chiaki. :pale:
4. Scene with Rui's mother, Rui, and Chiaki.
5. Conductor scenes with Matsuda Yukihisa (Tanihara Shosuke).
6. Closing scenes after Nodame was in tears from the Roux-Marlet performance.

To no one's surprise, I think these removed scenes and the added stuff with Stresemann in the broadcast version sort of made a mess of the movie... :sweat:

Waiting for the SARS version of the DVD/Blu-Ray release would be the better choice.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 15th, '10, 06:39

bmwracer wrote:Okay, I took a quick browse through the DVD of Movie 1 and noticed that these scenes were deleted (which probably accounts for the missing 15 minutes in the broadcast version):

1. Opening orchestra performance with Chiaki conducting and Nodame in the audience.

To no one's surprise, I think these removed scenes and the added stuff with Stresemann in the broadcast version sort of made a mess of the movie... :sweat:

Waiting for the SARS version of the DVD/Blu-Ray release would be the better choice.
Thanks~~~~
Wow... That's quiet a lot :O
I think I better watch the DVD version as well then~~~~~ Esp because of your point no 3 & 6... I want to watch that LOL
And I personally think that those extra Stressmann scene is unnecessary~~~ :P
Thanks a lot~~~~~~~ *bows*

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 15th, '10, 08:50

bmwracer wrote:Okay, I took a quick browse through the DVD of Movie 1 and noticed that these scenes were deleted (which probably accounts for the missing 15 minutes in the broadcast version):

Many many thanks for your priceless review :thumright:

rbrighton

Post by rbrighton » Jun 15th, '10, 12:33

Sars is doing the dvd version of the movie too to be released soon, they tweeted that they had received the dvd's about a week ago I think.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '10, 13:45

Info and comments about the 3-disc DVD set:

Disc 1:
1. Movie
2. Trailers
3. On/off Japanese Subtitles
4. Dolby digital/DTS Audio

- Needless to say, the lack of English subs was a downer. :(

Disc 2:
1. TV Interviews
2. Detailed "Making Of: from May-August 2009
3. Deleted Scenes :pale:

- Several of the interviews look like some of the stuff that was available online
- Of the Deleted Scenes, it was disappointing to know that the Nodame bubble bath-Matsuda Yukihisa encounter didn't make the final cut: it was a really funny scene.

Disc 3:
1. Complete musical performances from the movie
2. Cast comments
3. Various movie premieres

- The Cast Comments were rather boring, since I didn't understand what they were saying
- I'm surprised that there was no outtake/NG footage provided... The outtakes provided with the first season box set was really fun.

JUYI

Post by JUYI » Jun 15th, '10, 15:31

bmwracer wrote:- I'm surprised that there was no outtake/NG footage provided... The outtakes provided with the first season box set was really fun.
yeah i agreed...kinda ... was abit disappointed but did not regret buying.... haha But i haven finish watching it. did a fast scan through though.....

Hope Part 2 will be better since I'll still be buying!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '10, 15:38

JUYI wrote:Hope Part 2 will be better since I'll still be buying!
Same here. :thumright:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 15th, '10, 18:14

Now, if anyone were to make a torrent with all the extra stuff, I don't think I'd complain much... *really means "Pleeeease, someone!"* :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '10, 20:15

One other note: In relation to the anime, Movie 1 covers the middle to end of Paris Hen and the first episode of Finale... :)

nikemap

Post by nikemap » Jun 16th, '10, 10:56

rbrighton wrote:Sars is doing the dvd version of the movie too to be released soon, they tweeted that they had received the dvd's about a week ago I think.
I either...eager to watch it .^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 16th, '10, 14:01

These are the opening scenes from the DVD... The TV broadcast version opens with Stresemann. :pale:

Image Image
Image Image

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 17th, '10, 03:31

Hmmmn.... I finally watched the DVD version as well... and as expected the DVD version is better, in therm of storyline.... IDK... It's just, personally I feel that when I watch the TV broadcast version, Chiaki-Nodame relation/chemistry is kinda' weak, but when I watch the DVD version, it start come together.... And that missing Chiaki-Nodame scenes affected the story so much~~~ LOL Also the Auditions for the Roux-Marlet orchestra scenes is too fun to be missed.....
Umn, did that Basson guy (Paul Duboe?) really speak Japanese? :D Interesting~~~~
And the final scene of the DVD version is so devastating....
Aaah, it make me really want to watch the part 2 now :P
(and I kinda wish that they also will make a movie version of Nodame Catabile Opera Hen LOL) Sorry, My tension is kinda' high after watch the movie XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 04:42

delaciel wrote:Hmmmn.... I finally watched the DVD version as well... and as expected the DVD version is better, in therm of storyline.... IDK... It's just, personally I feel that when I watch the TV broadcast version, Chiaki-Nodame relation/chemistry is kinda' weak, but when I watch the DVD version, it start come together.... And that missing Chiaki-Nodame scenes affected the story so much~~~ LOL Also the Auditions for the Roux-Marlet orchestra scenes is too fun to be missed.....
YES. :thumright:
Umn, did that Basson guy (Paul Duboe?) really speak Japanese? :D Interesting~~~~
And the final scene of the DVD version is so devastating....
Yeah, his voice wasn't dubbed... Some of the non-Japanese actors do speak the language... Like the Jean Donnadieu character (Vincent Giry). :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 17th, '10, 05:08

I haven't watched it yet, but I do hate how they dub the foreign actors. I was hoping that they wouldn't do that in the feature films or at least have an option in the DVD to get the original voices/non-dubbed version. It feels so cheap and weird to see dubbed things. Especially live-action.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 17th, '10, 05:21

^ Agree~~~~~ I would love/prefer to watch it without dubbing LOL

It's kinda fun to watch when that Paul (basson guy) speak Japanese like "Nandeyanen!!" XD
And I wonder, can all the Roux-Marlet orchestra's members really play the instrument~~~~ The orchestra scenes looks very convincing and real :D (maybe they're really member of orchestra group or something?)~~~~~

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 05:28

Orion1986 wrote:I haven't watched it yet, but I do hate how they dub the foreign actors. I was hoping that they wouldn't do that in the feature films or at least have an option in the DVD to get the original voices/non-dubbed version. It feels so cheap and weird to see dubbed things. Especially live-action.
+1.

Yeah, I think it cheapens the movie in a way, just like in the SP. :pale:

They should've just hired non-Asian actors who speak nihon-go instead of dubbing. :sweat:

EDIT: on one of the DVD discs, it does have some clips of scenes with all the actors speaking in their native languages (German, Italian, French, English)... Really nice to hear their actual voices. :thumright:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 17th, '10, 05:52

Would it really be that expensive to have an audio track with the original voices? I mean, come on! It's Nodame friggin' Cantabile! They gotta know they'd have international fans and a lot of them.

Don't they realise they'd make a hell of a lot more money if they had english subs and original audio track? Heck, I'd buy the Special Edition without a second thought if that was the case. So would maaaaaaaaaany other non-japanese fans.

I get a small production with only local fans not making a break for an international release, but why are they so dead set on excluding foreign fans who are willing to pay good money for the things they appreciate?

They gotta know that there's this whole wave of interest for asian cinema and tv going on in the world, so how can they ignore foreign fans like that? Sure, it'd cost a bit more to make the necessary adjustments to DVD releases, but think of the payoff!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 17th, '10, 08:29

Ahhh, after watching the first movie, I caught Nodame fever again!!! Chiaki-senpaaaaii.... yappari, shu-te-ki *v* I'm not really attracted to Tamaki Hiroshi in other drama/movie, but somehow I love Chiaki so much, so much!! <3 Probably due to his cold and warm mix attitude toward Nodame XD

I'm glad I watched the DVD version first before the TV version. The TV version was pretty terrible @_@ I was actually going to ask if anyone know when will the 2nd movie be broadcasted on TV, so we can get the RAW soon. But on 2nd thought, if the movie will be butchered again and they deleted many important scenes, I guess I'll skip the TV version. (though I dunno if I'll be patient enough to wait for October to come for the 2nd movie DVD release T_T)

I really just can't wait for that:
KISUUU in the 2nd movie!! Kyaaa... so cute! I just can't wait to watch the longer version of that scene!!*v*
Anyway, I kinda forgive the dubbing, because Nodame is a very cartoonish drama/movie... the Japanese dubbing helps to excel that cartoonish element. I think Nodame would be less cartoonish, if they talk in their original voices... and imagine if Tamaki-Juri have to speak (broken) French... XD

Btw, I heard the Bluray version movie has difference with the DVD movie, is it true??O_O
So Bluray version has additional scenes? XD

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 17th, '10, 11:21

yanie wrote:Ahhh, after watching the first movie, I caught Nodame fever again!!! Chiaki-senpaaaaii.... yappari, shu-te-ki *v* I'm not really attracted to Tamaki Hiroshi in other drama/movie, but somehow I love Chiaki so much, so much!! <3 Probably due to his cold and warm mix attitude toward Nodame XD
Hahahaha... I know.... I feel the same way~~~~ I've watched some of his other doramas, but I can't help to prefer watching him as Chiaki senpai~~~~~ Especially when Chiaki is conducting, I somehow can feel his passion XD
And yess..... I'm so want to watch the 'kotatsu kissu'~~~~ :wub: