Trying to identify drama in picture

Discuss chinese drama series here.
sharo

Trying to identify drama in picture

Post by sharo » Feb 16th, '10, 05:37

Hi, I watched this drama (sans eng subs) on a local station that shows blocks of NTDTV programming. Since it had no subs I was never able to find out the English title or even the title written out without characters. It did contain Chinese subs, but since I don't speak Chinese I'm not sure if it was Canto or Mandarin being spoken/written. I tried looking it up on the NTD site, but all I found at the time was one promo image, and no other info.

Here is the picture:

They didn't show the entire series, but the block of episodes I saw had to do with a girl who had some sort of magical powers that manifested while she wielded a sword. Her mother (who also had powers) worked for a sinister man who wanted to use her daughter for his own purposes. At some point the girl's father came to town, and he was in possession of a book that the antagonist wanted. Her mother ended up accidentally killing him (I guess they were still married?) with her magic while trying to retrieve the book, which then fell into the bad guy's hands. Some other characters were a shaman type man who worked with a girl and two servant types, all of whom served the man who ruled over the area. There was also a young man who was over the local military, and I think he and the girl with the powers might have had an arranged betrothal. By the end, both of their mothers had been killed and were buried next to each other.

The picture shows the shaman-type guy, and the girl who works with him. The man with the mustache is the antagonist who causes all the problems.

It's hard to remember specifics, so I hope it isn't too confusing. At any rate, any help is appreciated. I'd like to find out the title and some downloads with english subs is possible.

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 16th, '10, 07:14

Looking at the picture, the title is 神機妙算劉伯溫

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shen_Ji_Miao_Suan_Liu_Bo_Wen

sharo

Post by sharo » Feb 17th, '10, 00:11

Thank you so much, xploring, it's great to finally have the title. :-) It's also nice to know it's a TW drama, which I would have figured out if I hadn't watched it so long ago. Now, the search begins.