Abe Hiroshi

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Jan 22nd, '08, 12:01

Does anyone know if this movie "paradise of bart"_ " bart no gakuen" _"バルトの楽園" is released with english subtitles somewhere?
I tried to find it but i couldn't find anything :/
Any help will be very appreciated.
Thanks

CatWalk

Post by CatWalk » Jan 22nd, '08, 19:09

kao-chin wrote: I watched this movie ^_^ !! and yes it was interesting in an economical point of view, to understand how the country was during this time ... I learn many things about Japan this way :D...
Catwalk lucky you ^-^ you don't have to wait to see Abe's new movie " team batista " since you are in Japan !!!
It is said that the other movie " kakushi toride " will be released in the theatres in France :D I 'm so happy
:cheers:
Life must be nice at the time of the movie!! Kao-chin, I don't go to a theater at all. I watch movies when I come across them. Lazy... :P
You know! You automatically go through Abe san's works if you like dramas. He is amazing! I read that he spent some time without job since he was too tall and it was hard to find someone who wanted to act with him. Nowthat he is so good that people can't avoid him! Haha!! :D Good for us! :cheers:

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Jan 22nd, '08, 21:02

CatWalk wrote:
read that he spent some time without job since he was too tall and it was hard to find someone who wanted to act with him.
honto ni ? かわいそう ・ kawaisou :cry:

but what a nice return , he is an incredibly popular actor now in Japan !!! ahahhah nice job Abe !!!! We love you !!!

:lol

CatWalk

Post by CatWalk » Jan 23rd, '08, 06:56

kao-chin wrote:
honto ni ? かわいそう ・ kawaisou :cry:

but what a nice return , he is an incredibly popular actor now in Japan !!! ahahhah nice job Abe !!!! We love you !!!

:lol
It's info. from Japanese Wikipedia. It also says he has listed his height 189cm but he is actually taller. I guess he want himself little shorter but he is good because he is tall in a way. It's his character. 8) I bet it is not a big deal for him anymore since he is very successful now. :thumleft:

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Jan 25th, '08, 19:32

Somes pics of the cast of Saka no ue no kumo :
and what pics ^_^ Abe is so handsome here :D

CatWalk

Post by CatWalk » Jan 26th, '08, 00:00

Sweet!! He is the one of those guys who look even better on uniforms!! :D

Check these pictures too on the link. They are Abe chan from old days!! :thumleft:

http://image-search.yahoo.co.jp/search? ... TTZYAMPei=

I guess link does not work well... :x
Click on the link and search with this word "阿部寛 ノンノ". You'll see what I wanted to show you!! :-)

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Jan 26th, '08, 16:56

CatWalk wrote:Sweet!! He is the one of those guys who look even better on uniforms!! :D

Check these pictures too on the link. They are Abe chan from old days!! :thumleft:

http://image-search.yahoo.co.jp/search? ... TTZYAMPei=

I guess link does not work well... :x
Click on the link and search with this word "阿部寛 ノンノ". You'll see what I wanted to show you!! :-)
Hontoni arigato gozaimasu CatWalk :D
More He growing older, more he become handsome...He is this kind of man :D

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Jan 30th, '08, 19:03

Some pics on the roadshow of the movie "team batista "
But why do they have a ball in their hands???? :O

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Apr 4th, '08, 18:58

Lucky Americans !!!!
It is for you ! Who is from Los Angeles? not me !!:cry:
The School of Cinematic Arts and Toho invite you to the Los Angeles Premiere of
HIDDEN FORTRESS: THE LAST PRINCESS

http://cinema.usc.edu/about/events/even ... N=30597618

and a pic from the movie :

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Apr 16th, '08, 20:46

cantiara wrote:In my opinion Abe is at his best in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. I really enjoyed watching that one. It was very entertaining. His character reminds me of Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets and Hugh Laurie in House M.D.
now i understand what you meant by that !! I have just discovered "Dr house" and it's true that, Hugh Laurie looks like Abe in the way of acting !! truly amazing :lol

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Mar 24th, '09, 00:51

Abe's new drama called Shiroi Haru (from dramawiki):

"The show's theme is the love between a parent and child. Abe plays a man just released after a 10-year prison sentence. He encounters a young girl, who turns out to be his own daughter that he conceived with his ex-girlfriend just before he went to jail."

I can't wait for this drama, sounds interesting enough. He didn't have much to do in Change but the scenes he was in were awesome.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Apr 6th, '09, 13:41

kao-chin wrote:Some pics on the roadshow of the movie "team batista "
But why do they have a ball in their hands???? :O

Oh my goodness is it just me or is Tetsuji Tamayama's suit eye boggling??

And YES I'm looking forward to his new drama too. I thought he was awesome in CHANGE too, such a funny character.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 3rd, '09, 21:18

re Abe Hiroshi in "CHANGE"...

I thought his role was very outstanding. He was in most of the scenes at the house where a lot of the plans were made for the political stuff. He was so good in that role. He gave the absolute personality of a man who runs a political candidate trying to get elected. Almost cynical, but still gets his staff enthusiastic. He is such a good actor.

He was just married then and Kimura teased him about bringing a photo of his wife. I don't think he did...

Peggy

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » May 21st, '09, 10:53

He is wonderful as always in Shiroi haru ....he put in the character he plays something very realistic ...i think that a good actor must feel like the character that he is acting ...Abe really can do that so easily !!! what a treasure :) ...I saw team batista no eiku and i spent a good moment too !! the duo with Takeuchi Yuko works very well ...

About his wife's picture , it seems to be impossible to see it :) I think that it is something private, as his wife is not in the show buisness , i can understand that she doesn't want to be under the lights !!!
i wish them a lot of happiness

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » May 25th, '09, 02:12

So there was apparently a sequel (kind of?) to The Glorious Team Batista released this past March titled The Triumphant General Rouge!!

I don't know much about it but we get to see Takeuchi Yuko and Abe Hiroshi again in their roles!! :lol

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Aug 3rd, '09, 18:32

Abe doing a sex scene with full back nudity !
That's right, he plays a cameo in Chocolate, the Thai martial arts movie with that tough little girl doing amazing things.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Sep 8th, '09, 12:34

Does anybody know which agency Abe belongs to?

jnara

Post by jnara » Sep 18th, '09, 08:54

Abe Hiroshi is one of my favorite japanese actor. I like his role in Shiroi Haru

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Sep 22nd, '09, 04:02

Hi. I'm a fan of Abe-san too. I saw his movie "Still Walking" the other day. It was really good especially since he is paired with Yui Natsukawa again :-) (ie. Kekkon Dekinai Otoko).

Anyone living near NYC can catch it at the Angelika Film Center :salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 22nd, '09, 04:23

HypnoSurf22 wrote:Hi. I'm a fan of Abe-san too. I saw his movie "Still Walking" the other day. It was really good especially since he is paired with Yui Natsukawa again :-) (ie. Kekkon Dekinai Otoko).
Those two work really well together. :thumright:

recca_cool

Post by recca_cool » May 9th, '10, 17:00

w00t an abe hiroshi thread... since I'm practically a fanboy, I'm dropping by & saying hi :D

You guys are watching shinzanmono? Isn't awesome :>?

surpur

Post by surpur » Jul 25th, '10, 04:46

Shinzanmono is one of Abe's best drama!

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jul 25th, '10, 05:42

I've enjoyed Shinzanmono also. Abe-san is his usually great self. He brings so much weight to any character he plays. I'm patiently waiting for the last ep subs. I dont dare watch the final ep without them :wink:

recca_cool

Post by recca_cool » Jul 25th, '10, 11:16

yes his acting is always as superb as ever!

Even though this character is rather quiet, but the weight he pulls in his character, the looks & expressions... oh man.. he is really great!

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 19th, '10, 08:35

His performance in Shinzanomono really impressed me - he pretty much made the drama for me :)

Can anyone recommend some of his best previous works/movies for me to have a look at? Keen to watch more stuff with him in it :)

Gir

Post by Gir » Aug 19th, '10, 13:16

I liked: the Trick series, At home dad, and especially Kekkon Dekinai Otoko for dramas, and Bubble Fiction: Boom or Bust, and Team Batista no Eiko for movies.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 19th, '10, 15:33

Thats great, thankyou! Some material to fill a weekend with now :)[/b]

recca_cool

Post by recca_cool » Aug 20th, '10, 01:32

I think Dragon Zakura is great especially if you enjoy school dramas.

If you like tearful stories, watch Shiroi Haru ^^
Last edited by recca_cool on Aug 20th, '10, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Aug 20th, '10, 02:14

Abe Hiroshi is the Man. A true Legend.

kao-chin

Post by kao-chin » Jan 23rd, '11, 16:40

HEHE Abe you're still the best !!!
i haven't finish shinzanmonno, as usual Abe does a great performance in this drama.

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » May 6th, '12, 23:13

Check out Abe san's...uh...assets in a pre-edited screenshot from his latest movie Thermae Romae. :lol

Courtesy of http://jdorama.info.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '12, 03:55

LOL, you can see he's wearing a cup at the right in the reflected image. :lol

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Jun 4th, '12, 03:06

Not sure where to put this, but Abe Hiroshi will co-star with Yamaguchi Tomoko in her first drama in 16 years:

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/06/yamagu ... -16-years/

This together w/ "Ooku ~ Arikoto . Iemitsu Hen" adapted from a manga by one of my favourite mangakas will make this fall one of my most anticipated JDrama season in quite a while.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Jul 7th, '13, 04:44

Woo, another Abe fan joining the thread!
He is absolutely one of my most favourite actors in the world (not just Japanese). He is right up there with Liam Neeson, Johnny Depp and Benedict Cumberbatch :D

Anyway, my favourite Abe work was Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. He does not need a lot of over the top acting just to make people laugh. His impeccable delivery more than makes up for his deadpan expression. He is just one of a kind! His chemistry with Natsukawa-san is really, really wonderful.

I also loved TRICK because he had good chemistry with Yukie-san, who I also love.

JackBauer2424

Re:

Post by JackBauer2424 » Nov 6th, '16, 07:02

kao-chin wrote:I just found a new movie in which Hiroshi Abe played called Ex_lover .
According to the reviewer his prestation in this movie was really great (as usual as i like to say ) :P
Take a look at http://www.spcnet.tv/japan_exlover.shtml to have more informations !!
Enjoy it !
If that's Mukashi no Otoko, I only remember the ending theme song was Endless Sorrow by Ayumi Hamasaki (nice song). I'd like to watch this again.