Recommendations for Cantonese Dramas?

Discuss chinese drama series here.
snowpea

Recommendations for Cantonese Dramas?

Post by snowpea » Nov 20th, '07, 16:17

Well, I'm a late bloomer... I only became addicted to asian dramas a few months ago. I've watched mostly Korean and Japanese dramas, with occasional Tw thrown in. I prefer K/J dramas because I find the quality of acting to be higher than that of Chinese dramas. However, as a Cantonese speaker, I'm starting to feel guilty for neglecting my native Hong Kong dramas. Can anyone recommend a good one for me to watch? (preferably ones where the focus is on the acting, and not stupid plots... trust me, i've seen enough HK series/movies in the past to know how low plots can go) Thanks!

orangefeet

Post by orangefeet » Apr 15th, '08, 00:00

Some of the ones I enjoyed:

Triumph in the Skies (2003)
War and Beauty (2004)
Lost in the Chamber of Love (2005)
War of In-Laws (2005)
Forensic Heroes (2006)
Au Revoir Shanghai (2006)
Under the Canopy of Love (2006)
Heart of Greed (2007)
The Seventh Day (2008)
War of In-Laws 2 (2008)

AEIOU

Post by AEIOU » Apr 19th, '08, 13:19

Among chinese dramas, Hong Kong produce the best quality. The worst are dramas from China (Mainland) and Singapore. Acting skills from these two countries are horrible and should avoid at all times. Taiwan ones are so so and I dont really watch them.

There are actually some good recent dramas ongoing and you could check out at TVB official website for more information.

I'm currently watching "A Journey Called Life", a modern drama about the ups and downs on family ties, love relationship and work politics. Some noticable actor/actress like Steven Ma, Linda Chung, Fala Chen and old timer fatty Kent Cheng in this series.

aom115

Post by aom115 » Apr 22nd, '08, 06:42

D.I.E is also pretty good show