HJSplit Problems

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
angel1260245123

HJSplit Problems

Post by angel1260245123 » Feb 4th, '08, 17:34

Hi! I've been having problems on joining videos using hjsplit. I followed the instructions given and yet the video only contains half the episode. I'm Confused! I don't know what I've done wrong.

I have put the .001 and the .002 File in one folder and when I opened hjsplit I clicked "join" then The only file that i saw was .001 file then I did clicked that file and I was hoping that both files will join as it says on the instructions just click the .001 file and hjsplit will find the other files automatically. That's what I did. But.. Can anyone tell me if I've done something wrong. Or Is it just because of the program? arrrghh! I'm confuse!!!

x1zz1x

Post by x1zz1x » Feb 5th, '08, 05:54

make sure you have all the parts before joining or the files you downloaded are not corrupted

robx

Post by robx » Feb 5th, '08, 22:35

are those really video files? Or are they zipped with some sort of zip software?
I have never seen a video with those extensions before, though i have seen files being zipped with those extensions.
If it is a video in a zipped software, you may want to use something like winrar to unzip it before attempting to join them.
Also, those two part video really should only be joined if they have the same encode settings.
I.E: Both parts must be of xvid codec, resolution same (720,480 or whatever it is), audio should been encoded with the same bitrate and codec as well.
As a side note, sometimes the time frame of the video being split can also cause the files to not want to properly join. Say both video has a start frame of 0 (Zero), perhaps the second half will overwrite the first half since they both start at the 0 frame.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 5th, '08, 22:44

these are my instructions for joining with HJSplit:

01. make sure all the files/parts are saved onto the same folder
02. open hjsplit
03. click on "join"
04. click on "input file"
05. find the folder where you saved your files to
06. click on ".001" of whichever file you want to join, all the other files will be hidden
07. click "open"
08. click on "start"
09. wait for files to join, it should have the word, "Working..."
10. when files are joined, you'll get one file name without the .001 (.002...etc) extensions.
11. delete all extensions for that file ending in .001, .002, etc.

how big was both the .001 + .002 files together? how big was the file that came after it was joined? the sizes should match.

and are you sure that .002 is the last file? (a trick to this is if both the file sizes of .001 and .002 are different sizes, if both of them are the same size, take for example, 250 MB, then that means that there might possibly be a .003)

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Feb 5th, '08, 23:15

also be sure that after you joined the file the size is equal to what size it suppose to be..
and alos make sure that the name of both files is that same, because soemtime the file have different name when download on different uploader..

angel1260245123

Post by angel1260245123 » Feb 9th, '08, 20:39

[quote="lilswtangel"]these are my instructions for joining with HJSplit:

01. make sure all the files/parts are saved onto the same folder
02. open hjsplit
03. click on "join"
04. click on "input file"
05. find the folder where you saved your files to
06. click on ".001" of whichever file you want to join, all the other files will be hidden
07. click "open"
08. click on "start"
09. wait for files to join, it should have the word, "Working..."
10. when files are joined, you'll get one file name without the .001 (.002...etc) extensions.
11. delete all extensions for that file ending in .001, .002, etc.

how big was both the .001 + .002 files together? how big was the file that came after it was joined? the sizes should match.

and are you sure that .002 is the last file? (a trick to this is if both the file sizes of .001 and .002 are different sizes, if both of them are the same size, take for example, 250 MB, then that means that there might possibly be a .003)[/quote]
Hey thanks! It worked! I don't what happened on my previous attempt. On my previous attempt I aldo did on what you said on the instructions but it didn't really work, i dunno. but anyway thanks again!

rainclouds82

Only Two out of Three?

Post by rainclouds82 » Feb 10th, '08, 06:09

Hi everyone!!!

I downloaded the avi files.made sure all 3 have same name w/ last 001,002,003, etc. tried to join files using hjsplit, played video in vlc, then got to the second section and then it just cuts off.

The odd part: the first two files are 250,000kb and the third is 217,000kb. (when you combine the files, its supposed to be the combined sized as well correct?) But even though it is joining the first two sections, the file size stays 250,000; and the third section doesn't get connected at all.

I tried re-downloading the file sections and joining them again, but the same issue, last section does not get added.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance,
^_^