How to recover deleted files from external HDD?

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
kdramalover1996

How to recover deleted files from external HDD?

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 14th, '15, 13:03

Anyone have an idea about how to recover about 1tb dta from my external hard drive. They just accidentally got deleted. I'm having hard time trying to recover the data....

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: How to recover deleted files from external HDD?

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 14th, '15, 13:26

kdramalover1996 wrote:Anyone have an idea about how to recover about 1tb dta from my external hard drive. They just accidentally got deleted. I'm having hard time trying to recover the data....
Make use of a recover data software.

http://download.cnet.com/s/recover-data-software/

Can't suggest any specific one, haven't needed one in a good while.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 14th, '15, 14:42

I can recommend http://www.piriform.com/recuva . Good luck.

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 14th, '15, 16:15

RetroHelix wrote:I can recommend http://www.piriform.com/recuva . Good luck.
Hah thanks for the help
It says it will take more than 25 hours to complete the recovery

Gir

Post by Gir » Oct 14th, '15, 17:21

I did the same thing, I deleted my root folder of 1TB worth of videos instead of 1 video's sub folder on an external drive. Recuva worked for me and did recover all the files.

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 15th, '15, 04:08

Gir wrote:I did the same thing, I deleted my root folder of 1TB worth of videos instead of 1 video's sub folder on an external drive. Recuva worked for me and did recover all the files.
How much time did it take you to recover all 1tb worthy files..??

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 15th, '15, 11:35

After i recovered my video files some of them are not working(playing..) how can i bring them back to life...??
Please help me...

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 15th, '15, 16:15

If you don't know the checksum of a file you can't be sure if it is corrupt or not. I would try to redownload everything per torrent. Your torrentclient should check the files beforehand and you don't have to redownload the full file if you are lucky.

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 15th, '15, 17:02

RetroHelix wrote:If you don't know the checksum of a file you can't be sure if it is corrupt or not. I would try to redownload everything per torrent. Your torrentclient should check the files beforehand and you don't have to redownload the full file if you are lucky.

Problem is they are torrents i downloaded sometime ago,so i don't have the torrent file nor have any links to the exact file...aren't there any sofwares that can repair corrupted video files...???

Gir

Post by Gir » Oct 15th, '15, 18:09

kdramalover1996 wrote:
Gir wrote:I did the same thing, I deleted my root folder of 1TB worth of videos instead of 1 video's sub folder on an external drive. Recuva worked for me and did recover all the files.
I started it in the evening and it was just finishing up when I got home from work the next day, so close to 24 hours. I've had a few videos that when recovered didn't play, I just deleted them and moved on, so I don't have any advice for that.

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 15th, '15, 19:40

Gir wrote:
kdramalover1996 wrote:
I started it in the evening and it was just finishing up when I got home from work the next day, so close to 24 hours. I've had a few videos that when recovered didn't play, I just deleted them and moved on, so I don't have any advice for that.

How much time it took you to copy your recovered files to your pc or hdd...? Did you just copy them to the same hdd they were before they got deleted...???

Gir

Post by Gir » Oct 15th, '15, 20:09

kdramalover1996 wrote:
How much time it took you to copy your recovered files to your pc or hdd...? Did you just copy them to the same hdd they were before they got deleted...???
I recovered the files to a new external drive, and used the old drive for other things, so I was done when the recovery was finished. It's more likely you'll lose files by recovering to the same drive the deleted files are on, so I just waited till I got a new drive to use.

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Oct 15th, '15, 21:29

Gir wrote:
I recovered the files to a new external drive, and used the old drive for other things, so I was done when the recovery was finished. It's more likely you'll lose files by recovering to the same drive the deleted files are on, so I just waited till I got a new drive to use.
Ah i don't have a new drive and it'll take some time to get a new one too.can't wait till that either cuz all the dramas i've been watching are in it...guess i just have to recover them to old drive ....