Subtitles Index

Data, images, links, competition and er other stuff are here.
VampireXxX

Subtitles Index

Post by VampireXxX » Dec 31st, '14, 03:49

Hi, don't know where to post this but the substitle index is not complete yet...not all substitle was indexed and also the link to the old index stll broken...

Thanks

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Re: Substitle Index

Post by huyie » Dec 31st, '14, 03:55

The subtitles would have all been moved over from the old forum.

The problem at present is that the searching function is misbehaving, which in some cases terms up no results when searching for subtitles.
Removing the &fid%5B0%5D=11 prefix in the URL address is the current workaround.

The old subtitle index will be fixed in due course, and eventually the subtitles will be split up into English and non-English subforums.

VampireXxX

Post by VampireXxX » Dec 31st, '14, 04:10

Wew that's a relief...i was afraid the rest of the subs gone :lol

thanks for the prompt reply...otsukaresama

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 31st, '14, 17:00

is there still a problem that needs to be fixed?
can you please provide examples next time you report problems.

for example: what exactly is missing in the subtitle index?
I assume the list was somehow broken when our server "crashed" yesterday. The index has been rebuilt and is complete now.
It contains everything that was posted until the old board was closed on December 26, 2014.
There is still no subtitles index for the new board which also contains the new uploads (since December 30, 2014).

and huyie, what exactly did you search for? Where did you get a "&fid%5B0%5D=11 prefix"? I cannot reproduce such a search result.

the board search will work better as soon as the software has finished indexing all 1.2 million posts. This will probably take a few days.
Also note that the search is somehow limited and doesn't work for short words (with less than 3 letters) and common words.
Thus you cannot search for the kdrama "All In". Unlike Google the forum search doesn't support a phrase search.

For example you could enter the following phrase search on Google to find anything about "All In" inside the new board

Code: Select all

"All In" site:d-addicts.com/forums/
or on the old board respectively

Code: Select all

"All In" site:d-addicts.com/forum/

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Dec 31st, '14, 22:57

For example searching for Shokudo (using the search radio box)
I get 6 results:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/search. ... %5B0%5D=13

Whereas removing the prefix 9 results show up:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/search. ... ds=Shokudo

Using the advanced search (basically loading the search.php), it doesn't include the prefix.

N.B. It looks like the search box is including the subforum ID in the search parameters, hence the "fid%5B0%5D=" or [] prefix, meaning it's doing what's it's suppose to be doing, and once all the posts are indexed, forum search will be more reliable.
It looks like when doing a search yesterday, the forum was yet to catch up and index the individual subforums, hence getting zero results initially with fid%5B0%5D= prefix, but fine when removing it.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 31st, '14, 23:51

ah, I see. Sometimes the server shows hidden parameters of a request in the url box of your browser. These parameters are just valid for your session (or search action in this case) and should never be posted anywhere. They exist only for the software to distinguish different search requests for the same subject.

I think it was a common cookie or browser limitation related problem on the old board when the board software appended session id parameters to urls (&sid=blablabla). Those visible parameters shouldnt be posted anywhere either. It is just valid for that particular session and changes constantly.

Pétalo

Broken Links in Subtitles Index

Post by Pétalo » Oct 29th, '19, 03:08

My apologies for highjacking the thread, but I thought it's a related issue.

I found two entries for one J-drama, "Okashi no Ie". While the one ending with (Complete) links to the correct subtitles thread; the other one, that ends with (ep 1 of 10), links to another J-drama, which already has its own correct entry in the Subtitles Index.

Thank you for your hard work!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Broken Links in Subtitles Index

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 29th, '19, 04:37

Pétalo wrote: Oct 29th, '19, 03:08 My apologies for highjacking the thread, but I thought it's a related issue.

I found two entries for one J-drama, "Okashi no Ie". While the one ending with (Complete) links to the correct subtitles thread; the other one, that ends with (ep 1 of 10), links to another J-drama, which already has its own correct entry in the Subtitles Index.

Thank you for your hard work!
Subtitles index has been updated, it should be fixed now.

Pétalo

Re: Broken Links in Subtitles Index

Post by Pétalo » Oct 29th, '19, 15:14

Keiko1981 wrote: Oct 29th, '19, 04:37 Subtitles index has been updated, it should be fixed now.
Indeed, fixed, and swiftly, too! ... Much appreciated.