"No post mode specified" error

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

"No post mode specified" error

Post by Resie » Dec 4th, '14, 06:42

Each time I try to post subtitles/edit a post with subtitles/make a post with subtitles in the Master Lin in Seoul subtitle thread ( http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_157359.htm ) i get the error:

"No post mode specified"

:crazy:

tried both firefox and chrome.

I've tried both rar and the original srt format.

I also tried some other random threads but it still happened.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Dec 4th, '14, 23:45

Does the url show http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/posting. ... &p=1691403 or something else?

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 4th, '14, 23:57

you are probably experiencing one of those famous forum software bugs. :|

most of the time you get weird errors or empty posts if you enter links that contain certain special characters, like an "!" for example. You need to escape such characters (e.g. write %21 instead of the !). In some cases enclosing the links in url tags helps.

Similar things may happen if the name of the file you want to upload contains weird characters.
Most likely your file contains an "&", "?", or "=" that truncates the url during posting, so that a later "mode" argument inside the url is missed by the forum software.
Last edited by MoerkJ on Dec 5th, '14, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Dec 5th, '14, 00:10

MoerkJ wrote:you are probably experiencing one of those famous forum software bugs. :|

most of the time you get weird errors or empty posts if you enter links that contain certain special characters, like an "!" for example. You need to escape such characters (e.g. write %21 instead of the !). In some cases enclosing the links in url tags helps.

Similar things may happen if the name of the file you want to upload contains weird characters.
No weird characters or anything, the files are named the same as the others previously uploaded. I tried other file types and names and other random files. All the same result. I guess I'll have to post a ddl link instead? :/

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 5th, '14, 00:13

MoerkJ wrote:Most likely your file contains an "&", "?", or "=" that truncates the url during posting, so that a later "mode" argument inside the url is missed by the forum software.
hmmm, maybe some weird text in the attachment description???

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Dec 5th, '14, 00:44

I type pretty much the same thing every time.

something like:

Timed to 720p
or
Syncs to 720p

I just had a different error a moment ago too:

The requested URL '/forum/' was not found on this server. I had to refresh a few times to get the site to load.

This has happened a few times over the past few days as well. Someone else I know to I think has been having similar problems.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 5th, '14, 00:51

now this sounds like a problem on your side. Try clearing your browser cache. And maybe restart your browser.

and make sure that you always access the forum using the url "http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/" (with the "www" !)

Obviously I'm running out of ideas... sorry. :scratch:
Last edited by MoerkJ on Dec 5th, '14, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Dec 5th, '14, 00:53

Do you have any scripts installed lately say installed via greasemonkey/tampermonkey that could be truncating the URL address when you edit? Sometimes the ad blockers can cause it.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Dec 5th, '14, 00:59

Don't have a problem with editing that post with Resie's attachment.