Subtitle problem with Atsu-hime

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Nora456

Subtitle problem with Atsu-hime

Post by Nora456 » Nov 15th, '14, 04:16

Hi,

I don't know what you call it but I use HandBrake to add subtitles to videos and convert it to .mp4 so that I can watch it on my mac. For some reason, episode 2 of Atsu-hime, the subtitles aren't working correctly. A few minutes in it gets stuck on "SHIMAZU TADATAKE" (see screenshot). I downloaded the subtitles from here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_93249.htm and downloaded the episode from http://doramax264.com/. Right now I'm torrenting it from this forum but it's taking forever. I did the same method for ep 1 and it seems to be working fine for ep 3. Any ideas?

Thanks
Attachments
screen cap of subtitles
screen cap of subtitles
Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 8.07.21 PM.png (190.48 KiB) Viewed 3368 times

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Nov 15th, '14, 05:52

If you are using a Mac, it is much easier to use either Movist or VLC (both free downloads) to view the RAW and subtitle files together. That way you avoid the time-consuming step of using HandBrake to combine the two files. Just make sure that the subtitle file has the same name (up to the .srt or .ass file extension) as the RAW file and that both are in the same folder.

Example:
Atsuhime ep02 (1280x720 DivX6.xx) RAW.Ericf02.avi
Atsuhime ep02 (1280x720 DivX6.xx) RAW.Ericf02.ass

You can get Movist and VLC by using Google to find the download sites. QuickTime Player 7 will also work with subtitles although I find that Movist and VLC give me more control. There are also media players that will show subtitles that are available for iPhones and iPads.

Hope this helps.

Nora456

Post by Nora456 » Nov 16th, '14, 05:20

Thank you, sensei :)

I downloaded VLC and re-named the files as you said. I have Quicktime Player 10.1 but it wouldn't show the subtitles even after renaming it as the same name and being in the same folder. Anyway, it works with VLC.