[Tutorial] How to Burn w/ Subtitles

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
zimzam

Post by zimzam » Jun 7th, '06, 06:44

mtlandis wrote:I actually did 2 tutorials over on my site. You do NOT need to be a member to view them.

Adding Permanent Subtitles
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html

Using Nero to Burn DVDs
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_615.html

Both tutorials are step-by-step with pics.
:unsure: i'd love to read those tuts but but just keep getting an error mssg.could it be my browser???im using opera. :scratch:

arienmarie

Help!:)

Post by arienmarie » Jun 13th, '06, 10:55

Hi mtlandis,

I was following the instructions on ur tutorial. But Im a complete nitwit and have to ask a very stupid question: why are some of the pics on ur tutorial, ehm, missing? Some of them appear as boxes with x marks, and like I said, I'm a complete nitwit, so I need them as visual guide. Any thoughts as to why this is so?:) Thanks for your patience... :roll

arienmarie

Help!:)

Post by arienmarie » Jun 13th, '06, 11:27

Hi mtlandis,

Ehm, have the pic thingie under control now. Boy am I stupid. Anyway, again on the tutorial. Im trying to copy and paste the subtitler.vdf file onto the plug ins folder, but it just wouldn go. I mean, im able to right click and copy it, but when i try to paste it into the plug ins folder, i ryt click and the paste option is unavailable. Any thoughts?:) your help would really go a long way, thanks.:)

bangkok_devious

Re: Help!:)

Post by bangkok_devious » Jun 21st, '06, 22:45

arienmarie wrote:Hi mtlandis,

Ehm, have the pic thingie under control now. Boy am I stupid. Anyway, again on the tutorial. Im trying to copy and paste the subtitler.vdf file onto the plug ins folder, but it just wouldn go. I mean, im able to right click and copy it, but when i try to paste it into the plug ins folder, i ryt click and the paste option is unavailable. Any thoughts?:) your help would really go a long way, thanks.:)
You can just "drag and drop" the file-----click and drag (click and don't let go) the .vdf file into the plugin folder

quiksilver

Post by quiksilver » Jun 21st, '06, 22:49

i have found hardsubbing the subs into the avi file using virtual dub is the best
then copy the avi to a dvd as a data file...
just make sure ur dvd player can play avi files....

arienmarie

Thanks!

Post by arienmarie » Jun 25th, '06, 07:56

Hi Bangkok_Devious,

Thnx for the tip! Have it under control now.:)

No_Moon

Post by No_Moon » Jul 11th, '06, 23:59

@mtlandis: thanks so much for the tutorial about encoding the softsubs into hard subs!! i was worried that i couldn't burn including subtitles on some things, but this is just what i was looking for to fix the situation. ^-^

Unknowns

Post by Unknowns » Jul 16th, '06, 18:01

Does anyone know where i can get the full version DivX 5, The one on mtlandis tutorials only have a trial version of 15 days.

Also, when i try to make the hardsub, for some reason the sound isnt correct. They are out of place.. Can someone please help me with that?
Last edited by Unknowns on Jul 16th, '06, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 16th, '06, 18:23

DivX is free. Only DivX Pro costs money and is a 15 day trial. DivX.com is the place to download it.

kaname

Post by kaname » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:22

mtlandis wrote:I actually did 2 tutorials over on my site. You do NOT need to be a member to view them.

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

OMG in heaven thank you thank you thank you thank you...

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Aug 3rd, '06, 00:39

I am glad you can use them.

We actually have quite a few tutorials on my site. Here is the index.....

http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_2037.html

We have tutorials on using Nero, DVDFab, DVD SHrink along with a bunch of others.

bangkok_devious

Post by bangkok_devious » Aug 3rd, '06, 05:52

mtlandis wrote:I am glad you can use them.

We actually have quite a few tutorials on my site. Here is the index.....

http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_2037.html

We have tutorials on using Nero, DVDFab, DVD SHrink along with a bunch of others.
Thanks mtlandis, you're great. I use your tutorials all the time now :-)

mystic818

Post by mystic818 » Aug 3rd, '06, 08:20

I'm having problems getting the subtitles in Subtitle Workshop to display with black outlines and shadows. It only shows up as white font with white shadows/outlines so it's really hard to read. I followed the steps in the tutorial, but it's still not working. Anyone know what's the problem? Thanks.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Aug 3rd, '06, 11:55

There is a step in the tutorial that covers changing the font etc. Just play with those settings....

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/ ... bconv4.jpg[/img]

mystic818

Post by mystic818 » Aug 4th, '06, 05:23

@mtlandis: I have played around with those settings, but it still doesn't work. Right now, I just open the subs in DivX Media Subtitler and save...that allows me to get subs with the outline and shadow. I still don't understand why it doesn't work with subtitle workshop...maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

fathuze

Post by fathuze » Aug 6th, '06, 03:05

okay... i have 2 question here... FYI right now i'm using VirtualDubMod and Subtitle Workshop to convert from softsub subtitle files to hardsub subtitle files.

1) I try to edit the font in the .srt files to the colour version but when i'm try to save it into .ssa files it seem not working. same thing happen when i try to edit the font of .ssa files to colour version

2) how to make the subtiltle appear above and bottom of the video at the same time???
(to show the meaning of word, etc)

thank you guys :salut: :salut: :salut:

Mee_21

Post by Mee_21 » Aug 8th, '06, 16:41

Hello.. i am new at this thing and i want to know how to download korean dramas.. please help.....

:P Mee_21

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Aug 8th, '06, 20:26

The FAQs are your friends.....

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/ ... s/FAQs.png[/img]

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 9th, '06, 02:38

mtlandis: haven't seen you around in the longest. welcome back!

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Aug 9th, '06, 03:50

Hi jholic! :thumleft:

I found a site where I can download DVD copies. It has kept me VERY busy. I still find time to take a stab at the n00bs though.

Ninjadik

Post by Ninjadik » Aug 12th, '06, 09:39

Hi, I am having a problem with the subtitles coming out distorted. I am sure it is because of the resizing, so my question is how do I make the font with black shadow and make it not look distorted due to the resizing?

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 25th, '06, 15:06

I wanna thank mtlandis for her tutorials bcoz if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be able to burn my AVI files and turn them to DVD!!! I have tried the tutorials posted here but yours is so far the easiest and hassle-free, at least on my part. The quality of the videos was so good!!!

blue_smurf

Re: Help!:)

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 25th, '06, 15:11

arienmarie wrote:Hi mtlandis,

I am not mtlandis but I wanna answer ur question as I had the same problem before. U could just load the subtitler manually by clicking the LOAD button under the "filter" menu..locate where u saved the file and load it manually. I hope that helps :)

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Aug 25th, '06, 16:09

You are very welcome blue! :D

arienmarie - did you unzip it before you tried to move it?

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Aug 26th, '06, 04:11

Hi, when I try to merge both files with VirtualDub, my computer crashes and restarts right in the middle of converting (ugh 2 hours). =_= I've only managed to hardsub very few vids w/o my comp crashing. =\ Can someone help me ?

bianto

Post by bianto » Aug 29th, '06, 03:22

Do you have a free down load movies. Silenceregrets.com use to have one.
Thanks

3lutz3toe

What about Mac OSX users?

Post by 3lutz3toe » Aug 29th, '06, 04:01

I on the Mac, what softwares should I use to add soft subs to avi movie files to make them hard subs? Would they work w/ MPG files too or do I need to convert to AVI first?
What about OGM files?

3lutz3toe

What about Mac OSX users?

Post by 3lutz3toe » Aug 29th, '06, 04:02

I’m on the Mac, what softwares should I use to add soft subs to avi movie files to make them hard subs? Would they work w/ MPG files too or do I need to convert to AVI first?
What about OGM files?
Does anyone know?
Thanks.

tinkle168

Possible to use windows media maker to reduce size of video?

Post by tinkle168 » Aug 30th, '06, 02:38

Hi

Thanks for sharing the tips on the tutorials to include subtitle in video. Just wondering if you can give some guidance as to do video editing. Eg. to shorten each video into 100MB & thus there would be many cuts in the video. Possible to use windows media maker software to do it? I tried to look for real media editor but can't seem a free version to dl it. :unsure:

Any suggestion on how to go about it? :scratch: Appreciate your help.

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

tinkle168

Post by tinkle168 » Aug 30th, '06, 02:39

Hi

Thanks for sharing the tips on the tutorials to include subtitle in video. Just wondering if you can give some guidance as to do video editing. Eg. to shorten each video into 100MB & thus there would be many cuts in the video. Possible to use windows media maker software to do it? I tried to look for real media editor but can't seem a free version to dl it. :unsure:

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

tinkle168

Post by tinkle168 » Aug 30th, '06, 02:45

Hi

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Sep 8th, '06, 14:04

mtlandis' tutorial is noob-friendly :lol

mairaleemai

Post by mairaleemai » Sep 10th, '06, 13:39

hi! can someone help me please? i cant open the tutorials links. it says this page cannot b displayed :scratch:

jrlchang

Post by jrlchang » Sep 12th, '06, 16:40

thanks for your instructions.. it was really helpful

moogli

Re: What about Mac OSX users?

Post by moogli » Sep 25th, '06, 16:31

3lutz3toe wrote:I on the Mac, what softwares should I use to add soft subs to avi movie files to make them hard subs? Would they work w/ MPG files too or do I need to convert to AVI first?
What about OGM files?
a kind soul referred this software to me: ffmpegX
It's kind of complicated tho :unsure: so many preset functions and options for everything, I don't know what I'm doing ... like, after I've added subs to a video file, it becomes huge ><

if someone is using this program, can you please tell me the simplest way of adding an srt-file to an avi-file. I'm using Toast Titanium to burn it onto DVD later. ^^

uniquo

Post by uniquo » Sep 28th, '06, 01:25

I followed the instructions in the tutorial but vbm tells me the projected output is only 98.55mbs, and the origianl file is 700mb and 1:09:30 long. I dunno what I did wrong. I checked the 700mb option in the divx 6 but it still happened. pelase help

lilazn04

Post by lilazn04 » Oct 12th, '06, 18:53

is there a way to burn wit subtitles to a regular cd instead of into a dvd????

NSage

Post by NSage » Oct 27th, '06, 18:30

Hey, I got some questions [which went unanswered or i might have missed it]

1) How do you put subtitles either on the top of the video or on the side?

2) I haven't tried anything yet but why does it have to be under full processing mode instead of direct stream copy ?
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/ ... dsub12.jpg[/img]

3) instead of using divx codec, can you use xvid instead?

NSage

Post by NSage » Oct 29th, '06, 17:10

I feel like I'm answering my own questions through speculation and trial and error.
Anyways, if anybody is interested in knowing ... then here goes~

1) How do you put subtitles either on the top of the video or on the side?
Answer: Under Settings -> Output Settings, go to Substation Alpha on your left, and on the third line .. you'll see "Cosmetics" and "Others". Click on "Others" and play around with the margins to get what you want. Here's a link to the screen shot I took.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9702/subtitledg8.jpg

2) I haven't tried anything yet but why does it have to be under full processing mode instead of direct stream copy ?
Answer: It doesn't have to be under full processing mode, it can be direct stream copy. If you want to convert, then you do the steps of divx mode or other codecs. Otherwise, you can skip all that through direct stream copy.
edit: nvm, u have to use full processing mode or else u can't use the filter

3) instead of using divx codec, can you use xvid instead?
Answer is in 2)

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Nov 5th, '06, 16:50

sorry to ask this but do anyone knows a prgrom where you can convter rmvb files into avi. files if anyone know please tell me.. thanks in advance..

NSage

Post by NSage » Nov 5th, '06, 17:47

I have a url tutorial on that
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=284288

after u install all those, go to notepad, type in
DirectShowSource("c:\LOCATION OF VIDEO FILE")

change the extension of the text file (.txt) to .avs
just drag it into virtual dub and it'll treat it as a readable video file

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Nov 8th, '06, 05:40

is that tutorial help convert rmvb to avi files?? i'd try but i don't understand the tutorial at all..

NSage

Post by NSage » Nov 8th, '06, 14:45

if you know how to use virtual dub, then you should be fine
i think you should read up on this forum cuz it helped me a lot
i don't know how else to help you cuz the tutorial explained everything easily for me

you should play around w/ virtual dub to get to know the software better

janblurr

Post by janblurr » Nov 25th, '06, 14:27

i have a little question here. i'm trying to create a hardsub for my own personal use with virtualdubmod by following the tutorial posted here. still when i have the file the quality is way lower than the original file. now i know that there will always be a loss in quality when creating a hardsub but to me it looks like it's losing too much of it's quality. this happens when i use divx or xvid, doesn't change much. does anyone have an idea how to create a hardsub of higher quality? or is it simply because the programs i use won't allow me to make higher quality hardsubs? maybe someone can give me a clue on what settings i should use.

thanks in advance! :-)

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Dec 11th, '06, 18:28

janblurr: I use the program convertxdvd and it automatically re-encodes and burn onto a dvd to play on any dvdplayer. The quality is excellent...the resulting file won't be hardsubbed because it's a dvd but rather like any other dvds, they're selectable subtitles. Which I think is nicer, then I can turn off the subtitles if I want. Extremely easy program to use - just open the files you want and if you don't want to change any of the fonts, etc. - just click on convert and that's it.

However, the program will only works for mkv, ogm and avi files.

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Dec 11th, '06, 18:53

GhstDreamer wrote:janblurr: I use the program convertxdvd and it automatically re-encodes and burn onto a dvd to play on any dvdplayer. The quality is excellent...the resulting file won't be hardsubbed because it's a dvd but rather like any other dvds, they're selectable subtitles. Which I think is nicer, then I can turn off the subtitles if I want. Extremely easy program to use - just open the files you want and if you don't want to change any of the fonts, etc. - just click on convert and that's it.

woooahhh, sugoi!!! :O

SELECTABLE SUBTITLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink want it... want it... want to give it a try :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

GhstDreamer, where can I get that program... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
please... please... please :wub:

:thumleft: KOREAN DRAMA :currently stuck with Snow Queen

my_future_one_and_only

Post by my_future_one_and_only » Dec 14th, '06, 10:00

janblurr wrote:i have a little question here. i'm trying to create a hardsub for my own personal use with virtualdubmod by following the tutorial posted here. still when i have the file the quality is way lower than the original file. now i know that there will always be a loss in quality when creating a hardsub but to me it looks like it's losing too much of it's quality. this happens when i use divx or xvid, doesn't change much. does anyone have an idea how to create a hardsub of higher quality? or is it simply because the programs i use won't allow me to make higher quality hardsubs? maybe someone can give me a clue on what settings i should use.

thanks in advance! :-)
yeah. same for me too. the quality of the video will drop a lot. anyone can help? :unsure:

poopee514

Post by poopee514 » Dec 20th, '06, 21:13

malay_tiger wrote:
GhstDreamer wrote:janblurr: I use the program convertxdvd and it automatically re-encodes and burn onto a dvd to play on any dvdplayer. The quality is excellent...the resulting file won't be hardsubbed because it's a dvd but rather like any other dvds, they're selectable subtitles. Which I think is nicer, then I can turn off the subtitles if I want. Extremely easy program to use - just open the files you want and if you don't want to change any of the fonts, etc. - just click on convert and that's it.

woooahhh, sugoi!!! :O

SELECTABLE SUBTITLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink want it... want it... want to give it a try :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

GhstDreamer, where can I get that program... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
please... please... please :wub:
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

MySweetLullaby

Post by MySweetLullaby » Feb 25th, '07, 03:30

does anyone kno where i can find the liscense code thingie??

Kathyerine

Post by Kathyerine » Feb 25th, '07, 03:43

Hmm...I have a problem using Nero to put my video files onto a DVD. Every time I add the video file the whole program freezes...is this supposed to happen? Because I'm guessing its not. o-o Help? And also if the file is already hardsubbed will the subs show up clear and readable when played back on a dvd player?

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Feb 26th, '07, 21:40

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I want to make a comment regarding one main bad advice given in this thread.

It is a bad idea to encode subtitle into an AVI (make it hardsubbed), then re-encode it to MPEG-2 to burn to a DVD because you lose video quality (due to re-encoding 2 times) and the subtitle can be blurry at times.

The best way is to use a method where you make a DVD with selectable subtitle that you can turn on or off with your DVD remote. You don't lose as much quality because you only do one encoding: from original AVI and softsubs to MPEG-2 (DVD) and the subtitles are perfectly clear. There are commercial software that do this, but there are also freeware programs as well. In fact, a member here, kyuuketsuki, had made an excellent tutorial in this thread using all freeware, although you can substitute 2 other non-free encoders as well. kyuuketsuki's method also fixes other problems that commercial software may not fix: subtitle being cut off and overscan. In fact, kyuuketsuki says he has tried many other commercial programs but none can achieve the quality of his method. I've used his method and the quality is amazing, provided you have high quality AVI (usually 700 MB versions) to begin with.

kimmster

Post by kimmster » Mar 4th, '07, 07:02

uh...i did everything in your tutorials and it worked but when i watched the DVD i made....about halfway in the movie. the audio was out of sync....yeah...i'm not sure what i did wrong..b/c both of my videos turned out like that.

jellydonut

Post by jellydonut » Mar 22nd, '07, 16:39

can someone help me out please. I dont know if this fits in this category but its the closest i think.

i am trying to burn something (mv) to a dvd but when using nero 7 ultra edition the video have no sound to it. Can someone tell what happen here?/ The reason is because i thought maybe the file is not compatible with nero but it play back fine using the nero video player.

oh and the music video file im trying to burn out is in avi.

thanks so much

sara713

Post by sara713 » Mar 26th, '07, 15:11

ermm..sorry,i still dun get...
i have nero..and i dun want burn to dvd but cd..
and i have problem how to burn to cd with subtitle,
but subtitle not on the drama,but it will be on when we download the subtitles..

ex:

-Goong already have eng subtitles...
-i want malay subtitles
-then,i download the malay subtitles
-so,it become two files,rite? [avi & srt.]
-the malay subtitles can play with some player..
-so,how to burn the two files to cd and make it working?

-thanks-

nishikidoharutoxoxo

RMVB subbing..help?!

Post by nishikidoharutoxoxo » Apr 3rd, '07, 04:45

okay, so i the steps to convert the subtitles in subtitle workshop...and all that is left the encoding for the hardsubs....but how do i do this for an rmvb file? because once i try to open the rmvb file on the virtualdubmod, it says it's unsupported and then wont open it....does the rmvb have to be converted into an avi first? ....or is there another way....

pleasee help ^-^!!

thanxx in advance ^-^ ~~

shinevang

I have no audio...plz help me

Post by shinevang » Apr 14th, '07, 04:39

i am new to all this. I download the programs and i follow all the steps in the tutorials on how to add permanent subtitle. The video and subtitle works, but i can't get the audio to work. Is there not a way to do that tutorial and have the audio work too? Do i have to down load or have somekind of special program in order for the audio to work?Please someone help guide me through. Thank you.

Schwarzk

Post by Schwarzk » Apr 18th, '07, 09:17

Da tutotials reali so useful for me..

Step by step teachin and also thos screen captured enable me to study da program in a vry short time

Thx ya

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » May 6th, '07, 08:47

hi! i have a problem..i burned my avi files with their corresponding srt files (soft subtitles)..i have this dvix player (brand:pioneer) to play these but when i tried watching it, the soft subtitles especially the long ones were cut on the sides..is there any way to fix this, aside from hardsubbing? thanx!

jfan721

Post by jfan721 » May 11th, '07, 13:38

hello, does anyone know how to burn a video with its softsubs using nero premium 7? I tried the links that were given (the ones with the tutorial) but it seems that the site has been down fo quite some time. I hope you guys can help me thanks in advance!

Seghal

Post by Seghal » May 11th, '07, 13:57

jfan721 wrote:hello, does anyone know how to burn a video with its softsubs using nero premium 7? I tried the links that were given (the ones with the tutorial) but it seems that the site has been down fo quite some time. I hope you guys can help me thanks in advance!
from Page 3:
Seghal wrote:
hobz wrote:i've watched DVDs that enables u to turn on and off the subs. how do i burn that type of dvds that is DVD-playable
I'm using NeroVisionExpress and GuiForDVDAuthor.

1. Open NeroVisionExpress and select Make DVD -> DVD Video
2. Klick Add Video Files and add the episodes you'd like to have on the DVD. I recommend not to put more than 2 hours on a DVD5.
2. Klick on More and than on Video Options. Select Quality setting -> Custom. Set the Bit rate (about 6200 kbit/s for 90 min.) to fit the episodes on the DVD, leave some space for the menu and subtitles (about 0,02 GB).
3. Select the first episode and klick on Export. Select the file name and the output folder. Than klick on Export.
4. After finishing the export repeat 3. for the second episode.
5. Open GuiForDVDAuthor.
6. Drag and drop the exported files into the blue part of the window. A window opens, there you can add language tags and subtitles. You can't do this later!
7. Right click on a file name in the blue part to change the name, color, font.
8. Right click an a blank space in the blue part to add a menu picture.
9 Click Def. Settings to change the aspect ratio of the menues and other things.
10. Click Create DVD.
11. Burn the DVD with NeroExpress or another application of your choice.

planodrama

Can not hardsub

Post by planodrama » May 11th, '07, 14:18

Have you guys tried to hardsub Queen of the Game drama? I still can not do it yet, unlike other series. It's blurry.
It happens to Jumong episode 16 too.
Thank you.

kurosaki_frank

Post by kurosaki_frank » May 22nd, '07, 09:16

thnx for this!
very usefull thread!

Purdita

Audio not sychronized with video - VirtualDub

Post by Purdita » Jul 3rd, '07, 07:14

I've completed the steps to adding permanent subtitles to the video, but the audio is not synchronized with the video. The audio is faster than the video. Is there any way to rectify this?

I've tried keying in a positive number under Audio->Interleaving->Audio skew correction, and i tried keying in the number 2, but not sure if thats correct. How do you know what number to key in?

jiellee

Adding permanent subtitle

Post by jiellee » Jul 13th, '07, 07:44

Hi guys, I still have a problem regarding creating hardsub with a lower quality
of the video as result. Originally the video was 700 Mb, I got after the hardsub
about 640 Mb. I have tried the resize filter with 544 (width) and 348 (height), as
you said in the tutorial. But nothing helps. I have tried also another number,
and also another sampling method like Bilinear, Bicubic and so on, but the result
is still the same. What I did wrong ? Thank you very much.

reaker850327

Post by reaker850327 » Nov 19th, '07, 01:24

hi there...

thanks a lot 4 this tutorial..it's very helpful 2 us,especially me,who is illiterate with all this 'computering n it'ing' thingy...nice job done...thanks again...

Amela07

copying/burning files from computer to a dvd

Post by Amela07 » Nov 20th, '07, 23:00

If this has already been answered please let me know and where.

All i'm tryng to do is burn these dorama's onto dvd for myself to watch later on my laptop to free up room on my home computer.

Most of the time, everything is fine. But recently a few of the dorama's, when i burn them then go to watch on my laptop the subtitles do not show up.

Anyone can help me??
Again, if there is an answer somewhere or someone has already asked this sorry and please let me know..but i haven't seen this specific problems in any of the questions.

Thanks in advance!

amdpc

Post by amdpc » Dec 20th, '07, 15:09

Hello

Can someone help me? I am using VirtualDub to subbed my video with.srt files. My problem is when I tried to compress it to Xvid, the program would prompt that " stats file could not be found" I have already installed a Xvid codec : Xvid XviD-1.1.3-28062007 by Xvid team.

Anyone can offer a solution to this problem

merhoto

Post by merhoto » May 4th, '08, 21:47

hey,
how do i burn these subs into my avi video file?
or how would i go about the avi video file with the subs?
the subs are in a .srt file format

PS: I have a mac.

Thanks

MoonRiver

freeware

Post by MoonRiver » May 18th, '09, 08:13

I think ffmpegX can help you finish your work.
firstly,you can make use of ffmpegX to merge your movie and subs
and then,burn the merged videos to dvd.

Just follow this guide:
How to Burn SRT/Sub Subtitle Files and AVi videos to DVD on Mac ?
Last edited by MoonRiver on Feb 8th, '10, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

hafizadam

Post by hafizadam » May 19th, '09, 09:44

quick question:
I'm using vdubmod to hardsub videos, is there any way that I can get a look on the video quality i'll encode?
usually I encode first 30 secs but recently I became too lazy to do that, LOL..

Aletha

Post by Aletha » Jun 28th, '09, 16:11

Hi .... Can anyone help me Please....
I downloaded Korean Drama Kingdom of the Wind and Japanese Drama Rookies ... But I can't watch it in my Divx Player (not Computer)
What did I miss??? ...(e.g. Kingdom.of.the.Wind.E01.KOR.HDTV.XviD-Ental and Kingdom.of.the.wind.E01.KOR.HDTV.XviD-Ental-[WITH S2].srt).....HELP :scratch: :-(

shizniz00

Post by shizniz00 » Aug 12th, '09, 02:24

what programs do i need on a mac to hardsub and burn the files?

TaharaShin

How to burn DVD link

Post by TaharaShin » Dec 3rd, '12, 15:07

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

Just want to inquire- I tried to click on the link but both only shows ERROR 404
I want to learn how to burn dvd using NERO

Thanks.
^.^

mtlandis

Re: How to burn DVD link

Post by mtlandis » Dec 3rd, '12, 18:01

TaharaShin wrote:

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

Just want to inquire- I tried to click on the link but both only shows ERROR 404

Thanks.
^.^
There was a server crash and that data was lost. I recreated the instructions here:

Adding Permanent Subs w/Pics

I have not yet recreated the Using Nero Thread. I plan to do that soon. If you really need to see it now, you could always use the wayback machine:

Using Nero on Wayback Machine

TaharaShin

Re: How to burn DVD link

Post by TaharaShin » Dec 4th, '12, 05:24

mtlandis wrote:
TaharaShin wrote:

Using Nero to Burn DVDs

Thanks.
^.^
There was a server crash and that data was lost. I recreated the instructions here:

Adding Permanent Subs w/Pics

I have not yet recreated the Using Nero Thread. I plan to do that soon. If you really need to see it now, you could always use the wayback machine:

Using Nero on Wayback Machine
Thank you. I'll try this after I have found seeders for Koizora Drama that I am hoping to download successfully. ^.^