[Tutorial] How to Burn w/ Subtitles

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
SwtVi3tGurl

[Tutorial] How to Burn w/ Subtitles

Post by SwtVi3tGurl » Sep 23rd, '05, 03:17

anyone know how to burn with subs included...T__T

thanx in advance

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 23rd, '05, 03:30

I actually did 2 tutorials over on my site. You do NOT need to be a member to view them.

Adding Permanent Subtitles
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html

Using Nero to Burn DVDs
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_615.html

Both tutorials are step-by-step with pics.
Last edited by mtlandis on Mar 28th, '06, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

meeque

Post by meeque » Sep 23rd, '05, 04:01

thx for ur nero instructions, but how do u add subtitles to it, cuz series here are usually with subs, and i don't think u included that in the tutorials...thx for helping though.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 23rd, '05, 04:37

meeque wrote:thx for ur nero instructions, but how do u add subtitles to it, cuz series here are usually with subs, and i don't think u included that in the tutorials...thx for helping though.
I am not sure what you are asking. For the most part, what you get here is either soft subbed (1 video file and 1 subtitle file) OR hard subbed (1 file with subs already encoded).

The first tutorial shows you how to take the avi (video file) and add the subs to it to make it hard subbed file.

The second tutorial shows you how to take any hard subbed file and burn it to a DVD using Nero.

There is nothing else to include in the tutorials.

meeque

Post by meeque » Sep 23rd, '05, 05:20

ah...sorrie...my question wasn't clear to you, but is there a way of using nero to convert avi's with softsubs, or do i have to hardsub them, then afterwards i use nero to convert?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 23rd, '05, 05:26

@mtlandis: Great tutorials. I like how you explained the process step-by-step with great pictures to accompany it.

@meeque: Try going to videohelp and see if they have some guide on how to add permanent subs into your avi.

meeque

Post by meeque » Sep 23rd, '05, 05:42

i tried videohelp, but they didn't have any tutorials for nero visionexpress for adding subtitles on converting avi's to dvd...that's why i want to know if i have to hardsub them, cuz nero doesn't have the function of converting with subs...

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 23rd, '05, 05:45

meeque wrote:ah...sorrie...my question wasn't clear to you, but is there a way of using nero to convert avi's with softsubs, or do i have to hardsub them, then afterwards i use nero to convert?
Yes, if you are starting with soft subs - you have to hard sub them first. Do the first tutorial first then do the second one.

@ yt - Thank you! LOL there are quite a few members at my site that are almost computer illiterate. I make it a habit of creating very explicit tutorials with lots of pics. Saves me having to answer a jillion questions later. Also, there is no need to go to video help. The first tutorial covers adding the subs.

Honest guys - you don't need anything else. I made those tutorials while I was actually encoding and burning. I took screenshots of every step.
For the first turotial I started with an AVI file and a SRT file. For the second tutorial I used an AVI file that had already been hard subbed. (Which is what you wind up with if you do the first tutorial).

meeque

Post by meeque » Sep 23rd, '05, 05:48

ok...thx for the help.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 23rd, '05, 13:35

So, have you guys tried it? You have to let me know - especially if you run into a problem anywhere in the tutorial so I can correct it. :D

SwtVi3tGurl

Post by SwtVi3tGurl » Sep 24th, '05, 22:23

ahh yay!! been asking all over and got no reply untill you posted...yay!!

im going to try thanx a lot!!

~*edit*~

two of the programs needed link doesnt work....T__T

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 24th, '05, 22:57

SwtVi3tGurl wrote:ahh yay!! been asking all over and got no reply untill you posted...yay!!

im going to try thanx a lot!!

~*edit*~

two of the programs needed link doesnt work....T__T
Try clicking the links again. I just clicked all 4 of them and they seem to be in perfect working order. It is possible that when you tried, those sites might have been down.

If for some reason you can't access them - then just google the program names.

Good Luck!

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 24th, '05, 23:02

what's the best program to encode? this question is actually directed at fansub group encoders, or encoders with lots of experience. I've looked a a page full of encoding tools, but I don't know which one I should use. I was thinking virtual dub but there might be something better.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 24th, '05, 23:07

tikleabubble wrote:what's the best program to encode? this question is actually directed at fansub group encoders, or encoders with lots of experience. I've looked a a page full of encoding tools, but I don't know which one I should use. I was thinking virtual dub but there might be something better.
I have used VirtualDub Mod, Win AVI, TMPGEnc and DVD2SVCD. For the most consistent and reliable results I recommend VirtualDubMod.

SwtVi3tGurl

Post by SwtVi3tGurl » Sep 24th, '05, 23:54

ahh you were right..XD thanx a lot :D

um how do you add the subtitler to the virtualdub thingy...to have it in the filters?

hana-chan

Post by hana-chan » Sep 25th, '05, 01:54

I just checked the tutorials and found them to be really helpful, but I'm actually having a problem with something and was wondering if anyone could help.

I got all the programs and opened Subtitle Workshop and loaded the srt file for Slow Dance episode 1 (http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19550), but instead of the translation being the text, it's just coming up as more numbers. O.o When vobsub or BS Player or anything is playing the subtitles it works just fine, but not in Subtitle Workshop.

Could someone please download those subs for the first episode and try them out and see if they know what's going on with it? >.<

Thank you!

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 25th, '05, 01:59

I tried downloading them as well and ran into the same problem as you.

Are these subs in the same folder with the avi file and named the same?

hana-chan

Post by hana-chan » Sep 25th, '05, 02:41

mtlandis wrote:I tried downloading them as well and ran into the same problem as you.

Are these subs in the same folder with the avi file and named the same?
Yup. And it looks like the problem has to do with the format of the timing. There should be three digits for the miliseconds, right? There's only two in the sub file. >.<

Do you know of any way to correct this other than doing it manually? >.<

Thanks again!

hana-chan

Post by hana-chan » Sep 25th, '05, 02:52

Well, I just got that problem fixed up with SubResync and now it works in Subtitle Workshop, so I'm gonna continue doing what your tutorial says. ^_^ Thanks again for the tutorial and all your help!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 25th, '05, 03:02

I've had that issue before with some subs here and there. Always seemed to occur when I used MS Word for some quickie grammar and spellcheck stuff and the file was saved with Microsoft Word (XP and 2003 anyway) on mine. I fixed it by opening the .srt in Word, choosing "save as", and selecting the "MS-Dos" format. Opens fine with everything after that. (Not what I'd recommend to fix subs, but sometimes the results are rather hilarious when you use the "suggested replacements..."

btw mtlandis, nice little tutorial. I used a slightly modified version in the samples I just uploaded awhile ago.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Sep 25th, '05, 03:15

I am glad you guys find it useful. :D

Once again - it you have any problems or find any errors in my tutorials - let me know so I can fix it ASAP.

WhiteBeauty

Post by WhiteBeauty » Oct 2nd, '05, 05:26

Hi i need some help, it was mentioned on the tutorial but i don't really understand the filter for the VirtualDub in the begining. So i just put the downloaded file of VirtualDub Subtitle Filter into the file "plugins"? If so, i did it, but when i click on filters i don't see a "subtitler Avery Lee".

Thanks in advance :-)

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 2nd, '05, 05:55

WhiteBeauty wrote:Hi i need some help, it was mentioned on the tutorial but i don't really understand the filter for the VirtualDub in the begining. So i just put the downloaded file of VirtualDub Subtitle Filter into the file "plugins"? If so, i did it, but when i click on filters i don't see a "subtitler Avery Lee".

What you want to do is first load the avi into virtualdubmod. From here, you go to the filter part of the program (look for it in the tutorial) and look for the "subtitler" program (not the one that you mentioned).

By the way, Avery Lee is the creator of the virtualdub program, so it wouldn't make any sense to put his name next to the subtitler program.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Oct 2nd, '05, 13:17

WhiteBeauty wrote:Hi i need some help, it was mentioned on the tutorial but i don't really understand the filter for the VirtualDub in the begining. So i just put the downloaded file of VirtualDub Subtitle Filter into the file "plugins"? If so, i did it, but when i click on filters i don't see a "subtitler Avery Lee".

My tutorial is based heavily on this tutorial:

http://www.divxland.org/permanentsubtitling.htm

The very beginning of the above tutorial goes over how to place the filter where it belongs. Once you have completed that part then do as toshi said.

hong2221

Post by hong2221 » Oct 3rd, '05, 18:18

Is there a way to burn dvd subs, without making it permanent. Meaning having it, but being able to turn it on and off? I want to also make Menus like the ones that are in Nero Vision. But I can't put subs on nero vision, anyone know any other methods?

yybb

Help pls~ :pale:

Post by yybb » Oct 5th, '05, 13:10

i did this as ur tutorial says,but,when i wanted to burn this into DVD,i can only burn 1 episode in my 4.7GB dvd :crazy: My question is : can i decrease the filesize?from 700mb to 350 one? or i choose the 2nd option which i am not so sure where i can choose to convert it to 1/3 DVD-r or 1/4 DVD-r or 1/4DVD-r what differents will it make?

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Oct 5th, '05, 13:17

I actually handle that in Nero. Once I add second video file, Nero will ask me if I want to do SLP (Super Long Play) to fit 4 to 6 episodes per DVD. Take a look at your burning software.

Also, you could try:

I haven't tried this because I like my files at 700 MB.

Commander_Zigg

Post by Commander_Zigg » Oct 5th, '05, 14:05

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the tutorial! I've always wanted to burn my 電車男 onto VCD so that I could watch it on our TV, complete with jury-rigged surround sound. Whoo! Thanks again.

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Oct 5th, '05, 14:55

hong2221 wrote:Is there a way to burn dvd subs, without making it permanent. Meaning having it, but being able to turn it on and off? I want to also make Menus like the ones that are in Nero Vision. But I can't put subs on nero vision, anyone know any other methods?
For non-permanent Subs on DVD I'm using GuiForDVDAuthor.

gracious_grace

Post by gracious_grace » Oct 5th, '05, 15:16

Thanks "mtlandis" for you little tutorials just a question i want to ask or for those people out there who uses mtlandis tutorials, , when i reach the first tutorial and downloading for the virtualdub subtitle filters.. it came up with so many files to downlaod ,...am i suppose to download all of it or just choose one of the following...?? I may sound dumb in this , but dont mind learning from the start with these stuff.. ... Thanks. ~~

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Oct 5th, '05, 15:56

gracious_grace wrote:Thanks "mtlandis" for you little tutorials just a question i want to ask or for those people out there who uses mtlandis tutorials, , when i reach the first tutorial and downloading for the virtualdub subtitle filters.. it came up with so many files to downlaod ,...am i suppose to download all of it or just choose one of the following...?? I may sound dumb in this , but dont mind learning from the start with these stuff.. ... Thanks. ~~
I just downloaded the first one which is a zip file. I then extracted the files into the plug in folder for VirtualDubMod. I beriefly looked at the linked site and it seems that all the files listed are basically the same thing just in different locations.

yybb

Post by yybb » Oct 5th, '05, 16:23

Thanks for replying,mtlandis,er,in stead of changing it to 350MB,can i use the 2nd option?the one below ur RED BOX what's the different?

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Oct 5th, '05, 17:28

yybb wrote:Thanks for replying,mtlandis,er,in stead of changing it to 350MB,can i use the 2nd option?the one below ur RED BOX what's the different?
I have no idea - why not try it?

yybb

Post by yybb » Oct 6th, '05, 12:43

if i convrt from 700Mb to 350Mb,will the convertion spoil the series,or will the series become blur like those pirated version? :unsure: anyone have this experience before?? :glare:

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Oct 15th, '05, 21:19

hello guys...i tried burning it into cd-r cos i dun have any dvd burner.....i just wanna know, does avifiles only playback on DVD players and can be only burned into DVD-r? thanks...in advance

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Oct 15th, '05, 21:34

adrian22 wrote:hello guys...i tried burning it into cd-r cos i dun have any dvd burner.....i just wanna know, does avifiles only playback on DVD players and can be only burned into DVD-r? thanks...in advance
If you do not have a DVD burner, you can create VCDs to play on your DVD player. You will need to hard sub them first then use something like Nero to create the VCD. There are lots of programs out there, but since I have Nero that's what I use.

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Oct 16th, '05, 16:30

hobz wrote:i've watched DVDs that enables u to turn on and off the subs. how do i burn that type of dvds that is DVD-playable
I'm using NeroVisionExpress and GuiForDVDAuthor.

1. Open NeroVisionExpress and select Make DVD -> DVD Video
2. Klick Add Video Files and add the episodes you'd like to have on the DVD. I recommend not to put more than 2 hours on a DVD5.
2. Klick on More and than on Video Options. Select Quality setting -> Custom. Set the Bit rate (about 6200 kbit/s for 90 min.) to fit the episodes on the DVD, leave some space for the menu and subtitles (about 0,02 GB).
3. Select the first episode and klick on Export. Select the file name and the output folder. Than klick on Export.
4. After finishing the export repeat 3. for the second episode.
5. Open GuiForDVDAuthor.
6. Drag and drop the exported files into the blue part of the window. A window opens, there you can add language tags and subtitles. You can't do this later!
7. Right click on a file name in the blue part to change the name, color, font.
8. Right click an a blank space in the blue part to add a menu picture.
9 Click Def. Settings to change the aspect ratio of the menues and other things.
10. Click Create DVD.
11. Burn the DVD with NeroExpress or another application of your choice.

cathead17

Post by cathead17 » Oct 16th, '05, 18:44

The only problem I have with this tutorial:
Using Nero to Burn DVDs
http://koreandramas.bishsite.com/topic_615.htm

Is that many of the video files that I burn are sized at 640x480 when burned at 4:3(Fullscreen) aspect ratio when you play the video the subtitles on the bottom of the screen have been cut off or hidden. Anyone know of a way to correct this problem

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Oct 16th, '05, 18:52

cathead17 wrote:The only problem I have with this tutorial:
Using Nero to Burn DVDs
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_615.htm

Is that many of the video files that I burn are sized at 640x480 when burned at 4:3(Fullscreen) aspect ratio when you play the video the subtitles on the bottom of the screen have been cut off or hidden. Anyone know of a way to correct this problem
LOL I wrote that tutorial. It is meant to be a companion to this tutorial:

If you read thru the second tutorial carefully you will see that part of it explains that most TVs "overscan" the pic and cut off the subs. That is why part of the tutorial shows you how to resize the video:

Last edited by mtlandis on Mar 28th, '06, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Oct 19th, '05, 20:15

okay...

i was able to find out how to play .ogm files with subtitles...and i'll try to figure out how to hardsub later...

however... i want to burn HSDS2003 into DVD format, but Nero Ultra Version doesn't support .ogm formats... does anyone know where i can get a converter or a program that burns .ogm into DVDs?????

Schala

Post by Schala » Nov 4th, '05, 06:30

Ok, I am having a problem, and I am hoping I can get help here.

I am trying to burn subs into a movie (I know it's not Jdrama, but I thought I might be able still get help with it here....), but when I open the avi file with VirtualDub I get this message before it opens it:

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI
file and rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing
for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 39916 ms of skew from the
video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream
to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder
(bitrate= 127.1 (weird = symbol I dunno how to make) 16.0 kbps)"

Now, I tried to let it rewrite it, but then when people are moving in the movie, they are very jerky and it's not smooth moving. I tried to decompress the file and use it that way, and I got no sound. So I am really confused as to what to do. The thing is, I don't want to convert the file at all, I want to keep it as an avi file, because my dvd player can play divx files, so I want to avoid the hassle of converting if I don't have to. I've done this before, but it seems with this particular file, there's a problem with the audio part of it. I just wanted to burn the subs into the picture, because if I leave the subs as a separate .srt file, my dvd player doesn't recognize it. So, if anyone can help me, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Or, if someone knows of a file type to convert my .srt file to, so that my dvd player will recognize it, that would work too. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you! :-)

AznDark

Post by AznDark » Nov 4th, '05, 06:33

buy a divx dvd player! lol it actually plays srt files

Schala

Post by Schala » Nov 4th, '05, 06:39

AznDark wrote:buy a divx dvd player! lol it actually plays srt files
I have one. o_O Well, actually it's a multi-region dvd player that can also play divx files. That's the same thing, right? Or is there strictly a divx dvd player that plays just divx files? o_o

But mine doesn't seem to want to play the subs...I click the subtitle button on the remote, and it gives the "invalid action" symbol.....

EDIT: Well, somehow I managed to get it to work. o_O I dunno what I did differently, but this time it worked. Well, on my computer anyway. I mean there's sound on the file now, but before I didn't test it on my comp, just on the dvd player...so if it plays with no sound on my dvd player again, then I know something will be wrong with how it's burned in Nero or something. >> I guess? @_@

:sweat:

Schala

Post by Schala » Nov 5th, '05, 01:06

Ok, so like I said, the file played with subs and sound on my comp. Then I burned it to a dvd with Nero. I popped it in my dvd player and there's no sound! >_< I'm so confused! I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I mean, if it played on my comp with sound, then it SHOULD play in the dvd player with sound, right? ARGH! I just don't get it! :hissy:

uun

Post by uun » Nov 7th, '05, 05:39

that is because the sound might be at the wrong bitrate -- i think...
really enjoying this thread.. as i wanted to use the subs for my tokyofriend dvds!
thanks for the gui dvd author tip! first i've heard of it

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Nov 11th, '05, 17:40

Guys, what if i had downloaded TMPGEnc and its trial has expired, does that mean i need to purchase the product? 'cause i had tied to delete it in my computer and installed it again put it didn't let me do anything.

TheBodyGuard

Post by TheBodyGuard » Nov 11th, '05, 17:56

crack it man... or found one or buy it if you are enough rich

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Nov 11th, '05, 19:01

What do you mean by crack it?

yumeaki

Post by yumeaki » Nov 17th, '05, 06:14

Thanks for the tutorial, mtlandis! It has been a big help to me.

This is going to sound silly BUT!....

Is there any special meaning to the magic numbers 544x348? It's definitely not an easy to remember numbers and I always have to revisit the tutorial page just to check the numbers when resizing the video.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Nov 17th, '05, 07:13

yumeaki wrote:Thanks for the tutorial, mtlandis! It has been a big help to me.

Is there any special meaning to the magic numbers 544x348? It's definitely not an easy to remember numbers and I always have to revisit the tutorial page just to check the numbers when resizing the video.
No it is not a magic number. Most TVs over scan the pic and cut off subtitles. I played with different sizes till I found one that worked for my TV.

yumeaki

Post by yumeaki » Nov 17th, '05, 08:49

mtlandis wrote: No it is not a magic number. Most TVs over scan the pic and cut off subtitles. I played with different sizes till I found one that worked for my TV.
oic. And since it works for my TV as well, guess I will just stick to this numbers then. Am just not adventurous enough to experiment with other numbers :|

Thanks!

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Nov 22nd, '05, 17:23

hi there i find ur tutorial extremely helpful. But i only got one question? when i resize the video .....how do we know what resolution to put....??? on ur tutorial it just says changes the value...but how we know it perfect for the specific file??

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Nov 23rd, '05, 00:54

and i wnat to know if i want to encode englihs subs to video but it's aready chinese hardsubbed so i don't wnat the eng subs to be block so i would wnat to encode the hardsub on hte top of the video but how can i do that instead the subs appearing at the bottom (on the top of the chinese subs)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Nov 23rd, '05, 01:09

mtlandis wrote:
yumeaki wrote:Thanks for the tutorial, mtlandis! It has been a big help to me.

No it is not a magic number. Most TVs over scan the pic and cut off subtitles. I played with different sizes till I found one that worked for my TV.
Overscan is a **** for those of us who need to see subtitles. Your numbers are kind of interesting... I worte a script for Linux and BSD that handles overscan, and if I try to fit my numbers to your numbers by guessing the transfer function (waves hands), I get 648x432, which makes me think that the software you are using has a builtin overscan compensation that does the WRONG THING, so your compensation is actually twice what is needed if you calculate it, but correct because your software is working against you.

Which proves that the only way to handle overscan is by experimenting until you get the right numbers ;^)

Anyone who cares to understand this topic better should got to http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode?Overscan

freakkler

Post by freakkler » Nov 26th, '05, 21:22

HI mtlandis!

For starters, I'm a tech-goon. I tried download the four freewares mentioned in your tutorial but could not 'install' ..since i do not see any new folders created in Program Files. Fyi, I opened up the downloads using winrar. Next, I just clicked onto the .exe application program to run it. The program runs fine, but it's not installed into my :C drive since I can't see the VirturlDub folders/directory. Hence, I believe they were not created.

So what do I do after opening up the download using winrar?
Thanks.
Attachments
ps-plugin.gif
ps-plugin.gif (2.78 KiB) Viewed 41887 times

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Jan 21st, '06, 17:45

Sorry freakkier, I missed your message till now.

If I am not mistaken, all the freeware I linked to are self contained. So when you click on the .exe file you are simply running the program. I created a folder on my desktop and used the "Extract to..." command to place the programs into that folder. You can then delete the zip files.

baon2219

Post by baon2219 » Mar 7th, '06, 18:50

mtlandis wrote:I actually did 2 tutorials over on my site. You do NOT need to be a member to view them.

http://koreandramas.bishsite.com/topic_541.html

Using Nero to Burn DVDs
http://koreandramas.bishsite.com/topic_615.html

yeah! thanks a lot mtlandis! your tutorials are exactly what i was looking for! thank yo os much! they were so efficient and easy to understand! thanks a ton!

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Mar 13th, '06, 18:02

whew... i survived through that long process... now... i'm waiting for it to finish... hopefully... it will work...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PROVIDING THIS EVERY HELPFUL TUTORIAL!!!

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Mar 14th, '06, 05:07

okay... i got it to work for me... however... i want to know if i can use the same process for hardsubbing subs to video files that are RMVB??? or do i have to convert that RMVB to AVI???

nalika

Post by nalika » Mar 15th, '06, 05:42

how do i put
VirtualDub Subtitle Filter in VirtualDub's Plug in folder...

bebieblu

Post by bebieblu » Mar 15th, '06, 05:46

click virtualDub folder then find the plug in folder, then open the folder and save in there

bebieblu

Post by bebieblu » Mar 15th, '06, 05:52

Hope that helped.....im tryin to figure it out now too...

Can someone tell me why the heck the subs in my final product never has the black inbetween the gray and the white. I did exactly as it said but it still is in white n gray only. so hard to read that way. For some reason the black doesn't show. I did it like a dozen times already.

nalika

Post by nalika » Mar 15th, '06, 06:12

after saving my file into .ssa format. I can't open file via VirtualDudMod...I followed all the steps....

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Mar 21st, '06, 01:39

hi everyone, i just want to know if you can actually convert a RMVB file to AVI file? if yes, does anyone know how to do it :scratch: please and thank you :D

xmz

Post by xmz » Apr 5th, '06, 10:38

yes it is possible to convert a rmvb file into a avi i use winavi for it thats the easiest way for me but there are other ways but they were a little to difficult for me :D

FaustVIII

Post by FaustVIII » Apr 6th, '06, 04:08

ncyd wrote:hi everyone, i just want to know if you can actually convert a RMVB file to AVI file? if yes, does anyone know how to do it :scratch: please and thank you :D
Try this link http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=284288 :thumright:

shminda

Post by shminda » Apr 8th, '06, 06:57

I'm having a problem with the audio while I'm converting the AVI file from softsub to hardsubbed. The audio is not in sync with the movements of the mouths and stuff, is there a way to fix this? I'm sorry if this topic was already covered. The actual film itself is also very iffy, it isn't as smooth as other AVIs I've done. I know this topic was brought up before and sorry for bringing it up again, but when I read the responses towards it, I honestly didn't understand what to do or how to fix it. Is there a way to fix it? Or do I just have to search for an AVI file with a different audio type thingy? Thanks and sorry.
[[ Thanks for this thread btw, it's helped me a lot! ]]

okitagirl

Post by okitagirl » May 2nd, '06, 01:56

Thanks for the great instructions! I actually got it to hardsub but I can't figure out how to keep the explanation at the top and the subs at the bottom :roll Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks so much!

bangkok_devious

Post by bangkok_devious » May 8th, '06, 15:34

Hi :-)
I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with an AVI video when they resize it in VirtualDubMod. When I resize videos that are compressed using Divx 5. 0(I have Divx 6.2.0.) the coloring comes out blocky.

Usually when I resize videos that were compressed with Xvid, I have great picture. So I was wondering if the coloring has anything to do with the codec used to compress it :scratch:

Yukino Miyazawa

Post by Yukino Miyazawa » May 16th, '06, 04:05

I don't know what to do. I got this message when I tried to open the video in virtualdubmod.

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DIV3' (Microsoft High-Speed
MPEG-4 V3 [Hack: DivX Low-Motion]).
VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to
decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media
Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this
video.

I tried looking in other forums and none could break it down for me on basic terms that I can understand. The tutorial was nice, I just have to get past this to get to the next step. I've downloaded the nimo codec, divx3.11, avisynth, and God knows what else to try to decompress this - but all the forums say is to "do" whatever I downloaded but not what to do or how to run them so I can get to the next step. HELP!! :cry: :unsure: :blink :goggle:

ZenMystic

Post by ZenMystic » May 16th, '06, 09:16

Hi Yukino Miyazawa,

The error message is letting you know you don't have the codec installed. I think it's called MPEG4 Codec Compressor, or something like that.

Yukino Miyazawa

Post by Yukino Miyazawa » May 17th, '06, 07:10

thank you. I'll see what I can do.

jellydonut

Post by jellydonut » May 24th, '06, 19:49

hello everyone, i have the same problem with overscan but i just have one question, because the file im burning is hard sub already so would i have to open it in virtualdub and resized it before burning with nero or could i resized using nero vision.?????? thanks so much.

jellydonut

Post by jellydonut » Jun 4th, '06, 06:36

hi , does anyone know how to put permanent subtitle (NON english) into a avi file??????

cuz i tried subtitle workshop and it doesnt support vietnamese subtitle, i wonder if there is other program that do.

msmandy

Post by msmandy » Jun 4th, '06, 07:12

mtlandis wrote:I actually did 2 tutorials over on my site. You do NOT need to be a member to view them.

Using Nero to Burn DVDs
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_615.html

help me please! i can´t dl divx codec 5. do i need do log in or something?