Becoming a Jdrama raws supplier

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Grrrcat

Becoming a Jdrama raws supplier

Post by Grrrcat » Sep 21st, '17, 03:51

I apologize if this is a taboo question or if I placed this question in the wrong area, but I'm simply curious to know if there isn't a way to help provide jdrama raws? I don't know where people like Furransu get their files from all the time, but I'm assuming it's from some kind of private torrent? Or maybe they rip and edit the videos themselves from streaming sites like dailymotion?

I get that piracy isn't really something that people jump at the chance to get involved in (and I'm not that keen on the idea myself), but I just wonder if anyone here could enlighten me about what it takes to be able to contribute in that way. Thanks in advance!

Varion

Re: Becoming a Jdrama raws supplier

Post by Varion » Sep 21st, '17, 06:04

AFAIK they picked up the raw mainly from avistaz, then encode them to 480p for smaller size.

It seems that for subbed-drama will be picked up by furransu, and for non subbed drama or midnight drama will be picked up either by keiko1981 or vampirexxx. Both of them upload their encode at nyaa.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 21st, '17, 08:19

I get RAWs from Dark Angel or Nyaa and encode to smaller version.
I don't think furransu gets his from AvistaZ, but capture the shows and cut out the CMs.

720p-DoA: Has CMs.
furransu at Jdramacity: Cut out CMs.
Therefore subtitles does not sync to the two.

Grrrcat

Post by Grrrcat » Sep 21st, '17, 23:59

Thanks both of you for helping to clarify that for me. Torrents aren't an option for me but capturing and editing is definitely doable! In fact, I think I might prefer to capture and edit my own raw files to sub with rather than waiting for them.

One more question: Is there any place where I could upload completed raw files for other people to download, other than a torrent site? I have very limited space on my computer and have to delete files once I'm done with them so I don't think I can create a torrent for them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

The Mighty Mango
Norway

Post by The Mighty Mango » Sep 26th, '17, 04:46

Grrrcat wrote:Is there any place where I could upload completed raw files for other people to download, other than a torrent site? I have very limited space on my computer and have to delete files once I'm done with them so I don't think I can create a torrent for them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I know that Dark Angel uses Mega. You get 50GB of storage, but if you want more than that you will need to purchase a plan where you pay so much per month. There are other file hosting sites out there to search and compare, like Mediafire or Dropbox.

Similar concept applies to seedboxes, too, if you're not completely opposed to torrents and trackers. I upload files to my seedbox and then also store those files on external hard drives in case anything happens to my torrents.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Sep 28th, '17, 16:15

I'm also pretty sure furransu captures the shows on his own when they air.

Maybe you could distribute your captures using mega or any other oneclick hoster with the note that the files will be deleted after a short while. I'm sure there are some people who will upload your captures on a private tracker.