Shibuian (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Shibuian (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 27th, '17, 14:12

Shibuian (earlier known as AOX).

Twitter: https://twitter.com/shibuian

dhisashi
United States of America

Re: AOX [Registration Open Apr-28 to May-01] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by dhisashi » Apr 27th, '17, 23:42

Thanks!
:-)

kowaihitotachi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: AOX [Registration Open Apr-28 to May-01] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by kowaihitotachi » Apr 29th, '17, 19:57

I have been unable to register at AOX, first time I tried, it said something about cookies must be enabled, beyond my technical capacity, I gave up.
This time is says my IP or something is already used, so I give up again. If I can't register, how can I ask question in there forum?
Last edited by kowaihitotachi on Aug 7th, '19, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 30th, '17, 02:19

kowaihitotachi wrote:I have been unable to register at AOX, first time I tried, it said something about cookies must be enabled, beyond my technical capacity, I gave up.
This time is says my IP or something is already used, so I give up again. If I can't register, how can I ask question in there forum?
I got the IP address already in use (0.0.0.0) too. So there has to be some kind of error in the IP reading, as I'm not using anything to block my IP.

Schwefelhexafluorid
Fansubber
Fansubber
Germany

Post by Schwefelhexafluorid » Apr 30th, '17, 06:54

Maybe IPv6 causes issues. I got the message too.

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: AOX (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by Madoka » May 2nd, '17, 06:34

Did they have a purge sometime? I had an account there, but now it says my registered e-mail is not registered, and I'm stuck outside.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 2nd, '17, 10:17

Madoka wrote:Did they have a purge sometime? I had an account there, but now it says my registered e-mail is not registered, and I'm stuck outside.
From the FAQ

Accounts with no activity (upload/download) are pruned every 1-2 months.
Accounts with activity are pruned every 5-6 months of no activity (logging on).
Accounts that have not been validated within a couple of days will be automatically deleted.

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Madoka » May 2nd, '17, 15:40

Thanks! That explains it.

Edit: Crap, I missed open registration by a day!

stuartnz

Post by stuartnz » May 2nd, '17, 23:03

With nyaa gone, I'll bookmark this thread to keep an eye out for open registration at aox. Or hope that someone considers my 13 ratio at avistaz decent enough for an invite. :D

Narina

Post by Narina » May 4th, '17, 13:24

Thanks.I'll be waiting for registration to open.I have 33 ratio on Avistaz btw, in case someone is super to kind to send me an invitation :P

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: AOX [Open registration May 11 to May 14] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by Keiko1981 » May 8th, '17, 03:48

Registration will be open from Thursday May 11th to Sunday May 14th. This will be the last open signup for some time.

dhisashi
United States of America

Re: AOX [Open registration May 11 to May 14] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by dhisashi » May 8th, '17, 06:19

Keiko1981 wrote:Registration will be open from Thursday May 11th to Sunday May 14th. This will be the last open signup for some time.
Did anyone get in at the last Open Registration? I kept getting the same message every time I tried as those who posted above.

?????

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: AOX [Open registration Thursday May 11th to Sunday May 14th] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by Keiko1981 » May 8th, '17, 06:54

I don't know the exact error message you get.

How to allow/clear/manage cookies.
Chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en

Firefox
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/en ... references

dhisashi
United States of America

Re: AOX [Open registration Thursday May 11th to Sunday May 14th] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by dhisashi » May 8th, '17, 14:42

Keiko1981 wrote:I don't know the exact error message you get.

How to allow/clear/manage cookies.
Chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en

Firefox
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/en ... references
I know how to clear my cookies and cache.

It is this message:
I got the
IP address already in use (0.0.0.0)
too. So there has to be some kind of error in the IP reading, as I'm not using anything to block my IP.

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » May 10th, '17, 22:45

For me it says :

AOX is invite only.
If you have a decent ratio somewhere else, ask a friend to invite you.
[ xbtitFM v2.1.05 By: Btiteam ] | [ Design By: AOX 2016 ]

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » May 11th, '17, 07:31

All good now. It's open.
Not impressed though. Not much.
in2sky wrote:For me it says :

AOX is invite only.
If you have a decent ratio somewhere else, ask a friend to invite you.
[ xbtitFM v2.1.05 By: Btiteam ] | [ Design By: AOX 2016 ]

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » May 12th, '17, 01:40

Same Error Msg:
Error

Your IP Address (0.0.0.0) is already in use on this site.

If you use a shared IP please contact the site administrator.
????????

GGib

Post by GGib » May 12th, '17, 06:16

dhisashi wrote:Same Error Msg:
Error

Your IP Address (0.0.0.0) is already in use on this site.

If you use a shared IP please contact the site administrator.
????????
Send an email to aox@tuta.io stating the issue and ask the admin to manually create you an account with your chosen username.

GGib

Post by GGib » May 12th, '17, 06:27

in2sky wrote:All good now. It's open.
Not impressed though. Not much.
AOX is a quite new tracker, founded last fall. It was mainly used for Japanese Variety Shows and it has the best collection of high quality Japanese Variety Shows on the internet. Keiko came along two months ago and started uploading dramas. There are currently about 230 drama torrents, but it's getting better day by day. :-)

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » May 13th, '17, 00:08

GGib wrote:
dhisashi wrote:Same Error Msg:
<BigSnip>
????????
Send an email to aox@tuta.io stating the issue and ask the admin to manually create you an account with your chosen username.
I sent the email and got no reply. But I tried again after seeing a post
Ep10 is up on AOX! Thank you ap12 !! :salut:
SO I tried again and again then somehow on the 9th try I got accepted - I did nothing different over the last 50+ tries.
???????

tensaibakabon

Post by tensaibakabon » May 14th, '17, 19:38

Hello
I had the same error message as some of you: "Your IP Address (0.0.0.0) is already in use on this site."
I followed Schwefelhexafluorid's idea and deactivated IPv6. I could then sign up without any problem. Thanks!
Note that I could log in fine even after reactivating IPv6.
Hope that helps
-tensaibakabon

Garanchou

Re: AOX [Invite only] (all questions regarding the site goes here)

Post by Garanchou » May 16th, '17, 18:40

Hi!
Does anybody could send me an invite to AOX?
In exchange I can send an invite to avistaz.to

Please, PM me if you can help.

GGib

Post by GGib » May 16th, '17, 18:45

I have invites if somebody's interested in joining AOX. Just send me a PM with your email address to where I can send the invitation to. :-)

soymie

Post by soymie » Jun 3rd, '17, 15:53

dumping some invite to d-addict user :)

17b670ac6aab81abb737c6832c3b4aff

62ecf4e95456808783d88ffae58bd676

c5733009977b4a3cc5edce33ce1fadb7

https://aox.to
if you are not already register and want to sign-up you can use these :salut:

gabrieljuan

Post by gabrieljuan » Jul 13th, '17, 09:43

GGib wrote:I have invites if somebody's interested in joining AOX. Just send me a PM with your email address to where I can send the invitation to. :-)
Hi, GGib.

TBH, I'm not that new in here. I lost my account after not open d-addicts for a long time. And I kinda forgot my username + email combination. So here I am, create a new account just to ask you if you still have invites. I could give you some kind of "proof" that I am willing to keep my ratio at the private torrent site. I'm a member of jpopsuki site, so if you doubt me I could give you some screenshots. But I don't know how to reach you since I couldn't send any PM because I registered my account recently.

And also if anybody have invites / way to reach AOX staff / admin to give some kind of way to join AOX, I really appreciate if you want to tell me.

My effort this far is, join their IRC chat (as anonymous) and they clearly said that the support chat should be used for people who having trouble for signing in. But I still tried to asked them if they could tell me a way to join AOX, not long after that, my chat was deleted even though I'm not sure is it deleted because I'm just anonymous (by system) or because I asked something that shouldn't be asked there (which clearly I am). I'm not blaming them though.

I have thought maybe I should email the aox@tuta.io, but seems that not the right way, I just don't want to disturb them.

Thanks!

GGib

Post by GGib » Jul 13th, '17, 11:51

Hey, gabrieljuan, I got your PM and replied to it.

To inform others, I've left AOX as there were some issues, and gone to a new tracker. The new tracker is mainly about Japanese Variety Shows (has the best collection on the internet), but also has some Jdrama and Jmovies (both mainly uploaded by Keiko1981). If someone's interested, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. :)

EDIT: The tracker also has some music shows and a couple of English language shows like Japanology Plus.

mistermeow

Post by mistermeow » Jul 14th, '17, 12:11

A little bird told me that AOX will have open signups July 15 - 16.

soymie

Post by soymie » Aug 3rd, '17, 13:14

gabrieljuan wrote:
GGib wrote:I have invites if somebody's interested in joining AOX. Just send me a PM with your email address to where I can send the invitation to. :-)
Hi, GGib.

TBH, I'm not that new in here. I lost my account after not open d-addicts for a long time. And I kinda forgot my username + email combination. So here I am, create a new account just to ask you if you still have invites. I could give you some kind of "proof" that I am willing to keep my ratio at the private torrent site. I'm a member of jpopsuki site, so if you doubt me I could give you some screenshots. But I don't know how to reach you since I couldn't send any PM because I registered my account recently.

And also if anybody have invites / way to reach AOX staff / admin to give some kind of way to join AOX, I really appreciate if you want to tell me.

My effort this far is, join their IRC chat (as anonymous) and they clearly said that the support chat should be used for people who having trouble for signing in. But I still tried to asked them if they could tell me a way to join AOX, not long after that, my chat was deleted even though I'm not sure is it deleted because I'm just anonymous (by system) or because I asked something that shouldn't be asked there (which clearly I am). I'm not blaming them though.

I have thought maybe I should email the aox@tuta.io, but seems that not the right way, I just don't want to disturb them.

Thanks!

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I am the administrator of AOX.

I am not aware of this session you are speaking of as I personally do not use our IRC very often. If you need to contact staff directly, I would highly suggest the "contact us" page on the login screen or aox@tuta.io :)

I am sorry to hear about your experience, If you still haven't been able to sign-up and still need access you may contact me in a private manner with an e-mail and I will send you an invite :-)

AOX has been closed off most of July and will remain closed till mid August, but we will have an open sign-up from late August till mid September. I can not give an exact date as I am not sure yet but I will come back when time is due.

If anyone needs to get in touch with AOX staff you are more than welcome to send an e-mail to aox@tuta.io

PS: If users of d-addicts have already sent an e-mail to us but not yet received a reply, a reply will be given over the course of the next few days. Currently I am the only moderator and have been extremely busy with school exams and therefore have not been able to spare any time :-(

MindlessOatmeal

Post by MindlessOatmeal » Aug 4th, '17, 01:16

I'm just trying to find a place to download Japanology and everywhere I look takes me this site (d-addicts.com), which no longer host torrents as far as I can tell. I saw in some other threads here that AOX has Japanology episodes, but when I tried to sign up I'm told that I need an invitation....

Well, before I go around begging for an invitation code can someone tell me if Japanology is on AOX and if the latest episodes are there?

shwetapal
India

Post by shwetapal » Aug 4th, '17, 06:45

MindlessOatmeal wrote:I'm just trying to find a place to download Japanology and everywhere I look takes me this site (d-addicts.com), which no longer host torrents as far as I can tell. I saw in some other threads here that AOX has Japanology episodes, but when I tried to sign up I'm told that I need an invitation....

Well, before I go around begging for an invitation code can someone tell me if Japanology is on AOX and if the latest episodes are there?
I cannot find japanology on AOX. but there are episodes on nyaa. not sure about seeds though. Also its on avistaz

shwetapal
India

Post by shwetapal » Aug 4th, '17, 07:02

shwetapal wrote:
MindlessOatmeal wrote:I'm just trying to find a place to download Japanology and everywhere I look takes me this site (d-addicts.com), which no longer host torrents as far as I can tell. I saw in some other threads here that AOX has Japanology episodes, but when I tried to sign up I'm told that I need an invitation....

I cannot find japanology on AOX. but there are episodes on nyaa. not sure about seeds though. Also its on avistaz
Also here https://www.acgnx.se/search.php?sort_id ... japanology

GGib

Post by GGib » Aug 4th, '17, 14:06

shwetapal wrote:
shwetapal wrote:

New episodes of Japanology Plus are not being uploaded on Avistaz anymore. The last episode there is from March.

MindlessOatmeal, I sent you an invitation to the tracker (not AOX) where Japanology Plus is being uploaded regularly. Check your PM box. I hope you like it. :)

MindlessOatmeal

Post by MindlessOatmeal » Aug 4th, '17, 17:08

GGib wrote:
shwetapal wrote:
shwetapal wrote:
New episodes of Japanology Plus are not being uploaded on Avistaz anymore. The last episode there is from March.

MindlessOatmeal, I sent you an invitation to the tracker (not AOX) where Japanology Plus is being uploaded regularly. Check your PM box. I hope you like it. :)
Thank you so much ^__^

mistermeow

Post by mistermeow » Sep 3rd, '17, 02:55

For anyone interested, AOX is in the middle of open signup period (August 20th - September 20th).
https://aox.to/

kenohori

Post by kenohori » Sep 6th, '17, 16:51

MindlessOatmeal wrote:
GGib wrote:

Thank you so much ^__^
Could I also bother you with an invite to wherever Japanology Plus is being uploaded? :-)

It was available until last month (2017-08-01 Urban Renewal) at seedpeer.eu, but the newest episodes aren't there...

GGib

Post by GGib » Sep 6th, '17, 21:54

kenohori wrote:Could I also bother you with an invite to wherever Japanology Plus is being uploaded? :-)

It was available until last month (2017-08-01 Urban Renewal) at seedpeer.eu, but the newest episodes aren't there...
I sent you a PM. :-)

samastrophe

Post by samastrophe » Sep 12th, '17, 03:47

GGib wrote:
kenohori wrote:Could I also bother you with an invite to wherever Japanology Plus is being uploaded? :-)

I've been searching the web for a long ass time trying to find a reliable source for Japanology Plus vids. Created an account on here just to reply in hopes of some help! Do you have any other invites? I'd honesty love you forever <3

KeyboardHead

Post by KeyboardHead » Sep 20th, '17, 08:07

GGib wrote:

As with the other people who are looking for Japanology torrents, I am also looking for a place to find them, and would appreciate it if you could also hook me up.

soymie

Post by soymie » Sep 23rd, '17, 10:36

KeyboardHead wrote:
GGib wrote:

As with the other people who are looking for Japanology torrents, I am also looking for a place to find them, and would appreciate it if you could also hook me up.
Japanology is being uploaded at AOX by a couple of users.
Other Japanese Variety uploads are slowly returning as well of those who are into random stuff.

AOX is currently accepting new registrations by people whom may be looking for an extra source to add to their list.

soymie

Post by soymie » Oct 31st, '17, 20:48

AOX is now closed for new registrations - unless you've got an invitation.

Registration will be closed for the remainder of 2017, with the exception of 1st and 24th of December. :-)

MindlessOatmeal

Post by MindlessOatmeal » Mar 4th, '18, 19:12

soymie wrote:AOX is now closed for new registrations - unless you've got an invitation.

Registration will be closed for the remainder of 2017, with the exception of 1st and 24th of December. :-)
Dang, I had no idea that they were open for registration. This is so frustrating, every time I hear about this site it's never when they have open registration. ;_;
Last edited by MindlessOatmeal on Mar 16th, '18, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 4th, '18, 19:18

MindlessOatmeal wrote:
soymie wrote:AOX is now closed for new registrations - unless you've got an invitation.

Dang, I had no idea that they were open for registration. This is so frustrating, every time I hear about this site it's never when they have open registration. ;_;
Have you actually visited the site and checked if you can "Sign up". Not just reading this topic. You could also try this if you haven't.

MindlessOatmeal

Post by MindlessOatmeal » Mar 4th, '18, 19:25

Keiko1981 wrote: Have you actually visited the site and checked if you can "Sign up". Not just reading this topic.
Yeah, I did visit the site.
Sorry, I didn't notice that tiny little thing I had to click to pop out the login/signup stuff. But even after clicking that and clicking "Signup" I still get this message

"Error
Maximum number of users reached
But if you have an invite add it here:"

The Mighty Mango
Norway

Post by The Mighty Mango » Mar 4th, '18, 21:07

MindlessOatmeal wrote:Yeah, I did visit the site.
Sorry, I didn't notice that tiny little thing I had to click to pop out the login/signup stuff. But even after clicking that and clicking "Signup" I still get this message

"Error
Maximum number of users reached
But if you have an invite add it here:"
There's no open sign-up at this time. I can provide an invite, but you should also know that Japanology is not currently being uploaded. I have been planning webrips, although this will not be until some point during the spring at the earliest and I don't want to guarantee anything. ATM it is primarily dramas/movies.

soymie

Post by soymie » Mar 14th, '18, 00:28

AOX won't have many open sign-ups for the next few months, we're working on drastically upgrading the site to meet 2018's general Internet standards and as such I want to lessen on the new traffic coming into the site as I'm currently held up in other things.

Once the update is complete we'll advertise it and have an open period. I'd suggest paying attention to our twitter: https://twitter.com/aoxnews I will post open periods there from now on to make it a bit more convenient, usually I just advertise it on our own site.

There is some Japanology on there, but due to the lack of interest from the current userbase it has been discontinued from most uploaders. In fact I have access to just about any Japanese show but there really hasn't been a demand for it on our site so I've been dropping most of it myself, for now at least. :-)

Sorry late on news, don't frequent these forums a lot.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 31st, '18, 07:33

From AOX's Twitter
AOX will open its doors for new signups March 30th - April 1st. Might be last signup before website upgrade, we'll see.

The automated sign-up function didn't work as intended for some reason, signups have been opened as of now and will run through Monday.

soymie

Post by soymie » Aug 9th, '18, 08:09

AOX 5.0 is now live.
Registrations will be open once existing users get familiarized with the new layout.

By suggestion from fellow staff we've also extended an olive branch to Fansub groups that may be interested in an alternate website to post some dumps to.
Members representing official Fansub groups on AOX, whom also provide AOX with subtitles on occasion will be given privileges to have full control on what subs from their group is posted to AOX and request removal of their groups subs at their own discretion. Members representing fansub groups also get recognized ranks, their own forums and special perks.

kuishinbo_tantei

Post by kuishinbo_tantei » Aug 16th, '18, 00:17

Hi! Just tried using the open signup - but have never gotten an activation link, and I can't get the link resent via the "password reset" button.

Is this intentional (are you holding all the signups in a queue for a bit? or maybe a bug?

Looking forward to joining your community and hope something from my collection is worth sharing. (it's pretty old and out of date)

The Mighty Mango
Norway

Post by The Mighty Mango » Aug 16th, '18, 08:17

kuishinbo_tantei wrote:Hi! Just tried using the open signup - but have never gotten an activation link, and I can't get the link resent via the "password reset" button.

Is this intentional (are you holding all the signups in a queue for a bit? or maybe a bug?

Looking forward to joining your community and hope something from my collection is worth sharing. (it's pretty old and out of date)
Hi kuishinbo!

I apologize for suggesting this in the chance that you have already tried, but have you checked your spam folder? I am not familiar with the sign-up process since the upgrade, although it is common for AOX mail to end up in spam. At the moment there are a couple of bugs to be sorted, but open registration is active for the time being. In case there is an issue with the sign-up page I am sending Soymie a message and will also recommend that you email aox@tuta.io if you continue to experience difficulty in creating an account. I hope it is something as simple as a spam check, but don't hesitate to contact AOX staff.

Hope to see you on site! :-)

Edit: Your account was verified and a confirmation was sent! If you don't see anything in your email, check your spam folder. You should be able to login now. (:

kuronekochan

Post by kuronekochan » Nov 5th, '18, 16:38

did something happened to aox?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 5th, '18, 20:06

kuronekochan wrote: Nov 5th, '18, 16:38 did something happened to aox?
It looks like something went kaput. You could try to use the email earlier in this topic to contact the admin.

And https://twitter.com/aoxnews They've also got a Discord channel now.

The Mighty Mango
Norway

Post by The Mighty Mango » Nov 6th, '18, 01:47

kuronekochan wrote: Nov 5th, '18, 16:38 did something happened to aox?
My guess is that something broke. You can always email aox@tuta.io, but I have a feeling that joining the AOX Discord (linked on Twitter) to @ other staff will give you a quicker response. Wish I could be of more help.

Edit: It was brought to my attention that the Discord invite that is linked on AOX's twitter is not a perma invite, so I'm providing one here.

Neologic
Japan

Post by Neologic » Aug 1st, '19, 06:24

hii, is there possible to get an invite? i can proof my stats on other tracker..

The Mighty Mango
Norway

Post by The Mighty Mango » Aug 6th, '19, 03:57

Neologic wrote: Aug 1st, '19, 06:24 hii, is there possible to get an invite? i can proof my stats on other tracker..
Hi!

The tracker is currently inaccessible as the admin tests upgrades, fixes bugs, and makes improvements and other adjustments, but there will be an open registration period after that. I suggest joining AOX's discord to hear about any future updates first-hand.