VPN Recommendations?

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
dtyc

VPN Recommendations?

Post by dtyc » Jan 16th, '15, 02:02

Does anyone use VPN? Which one, and what is your experience with it? Thanks!

tei15

Re: VPN Recommendations?

Post by tei15 » Jan 16th, '15, 06:09

I suggest you try VyprVPN. I tried a number of vpn services over the past years and I can say the following.
StrongVPN - overall a good, stable services with good speed and a decent number of servers to connect to, works with hulu us and hulu jp, however they regularly issued warnings to me regarding use of torrents and finally suspended my account. So not really adequate in our day and age.
Private Internet Access - tried this for a week, barely working. Never could connect fast, never had a speed close enough to my max possible speed, does not work with hulu us, can't recommend it.
TorGuard- good service, connects quickly, maintains high speed, has a large number of servers to connect to. However, only a couple of their servers work with hulu us and their single JP server does not work with hulu jp so ultimately I had to cancel subscription.
Which brings me to VyprVPN. Very good speed, a large number of servers all over the world, good mac client, works perfectly with both us and jp hulu, for now can't find any faults with it. So yeah, I'd recommend trying this one.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Jan 16th, '15, 17:48

Thanks so much for the invaluable info. There's so much all out there that I'm utterly confused.

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Jan 24th, '15, 15:52

depends on your need for a VPN. VyperVPN is fast but retains records and will submit information about your usage to authorities upon request. It's the same group behind dumptruck, and giganews. So powerful vpn indeed. so if all you needed was for regional restrictions like accessing hulu or something fine. then again you can accomplish the same thing via proxies.

here is a list of vpns that respect your privacy.

Code: Select all

http://bit.ly/1lFhQ50

Kash1999
India

Post by Kash1999 » Aug 5th, '21, 07:15

ExpressVPN

ExpressVPN is a leading VPN service for reasons that are too many to count, including its fast speeds, strong encryption, strict no-logs policy, and the 30-day money-back guarantee. It has apps to let you use the service on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and more. Impressive, considering that it is based in the British Virgin Islands and most of the competition doesn’t offer service for mobile devices.

TorGuard

TorGuard is another leading VPN provider, with a special feature "money-back guarantee". So, for this reason, I can recommend this for those who are new to VPNs because it will help people get accustomed to VPNs as a service.

Source: Cloudwalks

Code: Select all

https://www.cloudwalks.com/

Knothat
United States of America

Post by Knothat » Sep 2nd, '21, 08:20

dtyc wrote: Jan 16th, '15, 02:02 Does anyone use VPN? Which one, and what is your experience with it? Thanks!
I am also interested in this request, I constantly encounter IP hacks via VPN. Someone had such a thing?