Bittorent Client Recommendations

Discuss technical and geeky things here.

What Bittorrent client do you use?

ABC
9%
Azureus
23%
BitTornado / TheSHAD0W's experimental BT client
10%
BitComet
30%
Nova Torrent
0%
official BT client (by Bram Cohen)
6%
TorrentStorm
1%
Shareaza
2%
eXeem
0%
µTorrent
19%

Total votes: 834

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Bittorent Client Recommendations

Post by MoerkJ » Nov 5th, '04, 01:11

Hey,
I just added this post to AsianblueX's thread to give some links to the clients in the poll. :wink:
Just vote for the client you use mostly. I hope this will give the undecided members here an idea which clients are good.

ABC: written in Python, based on BitTornado v0.2.0, inactive[/i] (last release: v3.1 10-02-2005)
Azureus/Vuze: re-written in Java, client with most features, supports also "Trackerless Bittorrent"
BitTornado: Python, extended version of the official BT client, inactive (last release: v0.3.18 12/23/2006)
BitComet: rewritten in C++, supports all modern features
BT++: Python, based on the official BT client, inactive (last release: v0.5.4 2003-05-07)
Nova Torrent: Python, inactive (last release: v0.3.4 10/25/2003)
Official BT client: Python, latest releases support also "Trackerless Bittorrent"
TorrentStorm: Python, based on TheSHAD0W's experimental BT client, inactive (last release: v1.3 ~2006)
Shareaza: C++ multi-protocol client, supports networks like eDonkey2000, Bittorrent, Gnutella, ...
eXeem: semi-decentralized P2P network which uses the bittorrent protocol (a.k.a. "Trackerless Bittorrent"), eXeem network was shutdown in 2005
µTorrent: C++ µTorrent was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.
Transmission: C / Objective C modern BT client for MacOS, UN*X, Windows

Update 2012:
Modern clients support DHT (trackerless protocol), Magnet links, Multi-tracker support, Peer exchange (PEX), UDP tracker protocol, etc.
Recommended clients are: µTorrent, Azureus/Vuze, Official BT client, Bitcomet, Transmission
For more information read Wikipedia:BitTorrent and Wikipedia:Comparison of BitTorrent clients
Last edited by MoerkJ on Sep 25th, '12, 19:26, edited 9 times in total.

AsianblueX

What Bittorrent client do you use?

Post by AsianblueX » Nov 5th, '04, 23:54

i use BT++ hmmm which client do you think is the best?

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Nov 6th, '04, 00:06

Torrentstorm

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 6th, '04, 00:40

i like bittornado. i thought there was a thread like this in the 'general bittorrent' section?

Mort

Post by Mort » Nov 6th, '04, 00:41

BitTornado-0.3.8

Looks simple a bit raw maybe but works just fine.

hompie

Post by hompie » Nov 6th, '04, 11:14

I'm using BitTornado-0.3.8 as well. Last week I tried Azureus, but it made my pc crash all the time. So it was back to BitTornado and installed 0.3.8.

Hompie

jrudiman

Post by jrudiman » Nov 6th, '04, 11:22

i use both azureus and bittornado... so far no problems at all

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 6th, '04, 12:40

i used to use BitTornado...then i switched to ABC.

Yomy Chan

Post by Yomy Chan » Nov 6th, '04, 12:54

I Use ABC , I didn't try another client ..because I think this one is the best :)

Yadirs

Post by Yadirs » Nov 6th, '04, 13:13

Yomy Chan wrote:I Use ABC , I didn't try another client ..because I think this one is the best :)
Me too. :thumright:

But note that to download a single file from a batch torrent you can't use ABC, you have to use BitTornado.

intoxicated

Post by intoxicated » Nov 6th, '04, 14:41

used to use the offical bittorent client....
switched to azureus an year ago..
but been using bitcomet for a while now...

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 6th, '04, 15:35

Yadirs wrote:
Yomy Chan wrote:I Use ABC , I didn't try another client ..because I think this one is the best :)
Me too. :thumright:

But note that to download a single file from a batch torrent you can't use ABC, you have to use BitTornado.
yadirs: nopes, you can download a batch torrent using ABC. i do that all the time. you just have to copy the batch torrent url and paste it on the blank box and click on "add link". i download batch torrents all the time...from anime to drama~ :lol

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Nov 7th, '04, 00:22

bitcomet is the first bt client that i have used....and have used it up to now....no problems so far.... :)

Mort

Post by Mort » Nov 7th, '04, 11:37

Azureus is built on Java and on some computers it makes problems :glare: - like on my friends PC

nhyone

Post by nhyone » Nov 7th, '04, 12:02

I started using the official client. Gave up when I found that each instance uses separate memory; each one takes up 20-30 MB, so running 8 or so, my system starts to swap (with 512 MB memory).

Went to BitTornado. More options, but each download is on its own window, so it's just as hard to track (even when I spread the windows across 4 virtual desktops).

Went to ABC. Was good, but couldn't handle (selective) batch download. Realized the importance of a global upload rate -- so that I can still surf net smoothly!

Tried G3 then. Wow, even showed the parts missing (not that it helps the download). It's perfect, except for three things:
1. GUI is slightly sluggish; uses too much CPU (30-40% for my P-III 850 MHz)
2. Resume needs to hash-check
3. Resume will move the torrent to the front of the queue (messing my order)

Went to BitComet. Love it! Even supports Chinese characters. A few things that make it better than the other clients:
1. GUI is fast; CPU usage is low (10-20%)
2. Pause/Resume doesn't need to hash-check
3. Have disk cache, so fewer writes to disk
4. UPnP, so no need to manually configure port forwarding

BitComet is more memory efficient. When I run G3, my system cache is over 300 MB (out of 512 MB). When I run BitComet, it is under 100 MB.

BitComet is not perfect, however. I've encountered several minor bugs, but I can live with them. :)

Carn

Post by Carn » Nov 7th, '04, 18:00

I use ABC! I like it more than Azureus, but Azureus is more shiny and pretty. =) ABC is relatively simple, though..which is nice.

dbgt231

Post by dbgt231 » Nov 7th, '04, 23:24

i use bittornado but thinkig of switching to abc

gullybe

Post by gullybe » Dec 25th, '04, 20:18

Novatorrent for me!

bitslicker

Post by bitslicker » Dec 25th, '04, 21:04

bitcomet, its got a nice interface. user-friendly

i just d/led bittornado but it looked too much like the original client. very unappealing.

R K e 1 C A

Post by R K e 1 C A » Dec 25th, '04, 21:10

great stuff nhyone…very informative…gonna try BitComet…thanks!

Ha Ji Won

Post by Ha Ji Won » Dec 25th, '04, 21:17

i use ABC client for most of my torrent downloads and BitComet for batch torrents, which work really well ^^

Deleted User 2067

Post by Deleted User 2067 » Dec 25th, '04, 22:07

I switched from Bittornado to BitComet 2 days ago.
With bitcomet i get low cpu usage and my downloads does'nt stuck at 99%, one thing i hate about bitcomet is the global upload thingy not working for me i set at 75kbs and it uploads at 100kbs thats my max upload speed... i'm using the latest beta (unstable) maybe thats the problem.

i'll keep it for a while and see if i can get dl speed of 860kbs or more, thats what i get sometimes with bittornado. Right now the max speed that i'm geting from bitcomet is just a little above 100kbs.

Kito

Post by Kito » Dec 25th, '04, 23:29

I usually use BiTtornado
It look like that it can reach a faster download speed than any other client
even though it use more cpu

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Dec 25th, '04, 23:48

I use ABC and have been for a long time :D

I have tried a lot of others, but always come back to ABC. It may not be the fastest out there, but it keeps me sane. I have an easier time staying organized. It is simple and always works. I run netlimiter with it and keep my ABC upload speed choked to about 75-80% of my upload bandwidth. That way I can surf the net and get a decent download rate.

It has been since July since they had the last version. I hope to see a newer, improved version soon!

wkc

Post by wkc » Dec 25th, '04, 23:58

Torrent Storm. ;)

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Dec 26th, '04, 00:34

Bit Tornado for me. I haven't tried any of the others but I am satisfied with what I have.

:D

sYnc

Post by sYnc » Dec 26th, '04, 01:48

bit tornado is the best i've tried many other clients and i find that it is the fast for me at dling. thats just for me so don't go and get it because i said its fast :P

ooijanice

Post by ooijanice » Dec 26th, '04, 03:00

Me too started with official client than switch to Bit Tornado0.3.7 and have been using it till todate. My speed is decent & it has not given me any problem so far, thus I'm not upgrading it to 0.3.8 Thinking of trying Bit Comet, heard that its good too and after the informative input from nhyone & decaturguy I'll probably give it a try. TQ. :-)

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Dec 26th, '04, 03:36

I used Azureus since I discovered BT, but when I upgraded to 2.2.0 it started giving me problems, so I switched to ABC, which is great so far. :)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 26th, '04, 09:50

i love bittornado. but as bitcomet starts to get better - i may try it out.

eltinator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by eltinator » Dec 26th, '04, 10:00

Looks like we have a lot of ABC torrent fans here. I myself also use ABC as well! Easy to use, works great, so far has been great for my seeds, and download rates are more than enough for me. I'd recommend it to anyone ^_^

Pinch

Post by Pinch » Dec 26th, '04, 10:33

My first is BitTornado and I'm still using it. But I also use bitcomet for chinese torrents (Those that often return unregistered tracker errors in bittornado). Seems like bitcomet is a good client for batch torrents too. :)

bubble_tea

Post by bubble_tea » Dec 29th, '04, 05:20

I just use the official one cause it said if you want 2 b sure it's free of spyware then download form there.... But prob gonna swtich to some other one. They sound better... Are they though? By what measures?

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 29th, '04, 11:11

I've used pretty much every one out there at one time or another. Still end up coming back to Azureus though. For the rare tracker that won't take Az, and for my seed uploads, I've used G3 most of the time, usually when I want to allocate most of my u/l bandwidth to my seed file while not killing my d/l speeds too much. Sounds weird, but it works!

apples

Post by apples » Dec 29th, '04, 12:40

tried ABC, but now using Azureus... it's not giving me much trouble, so I haven't checked out others. Hmmm... I think I'll check out this G3...

cheeserine

Post by cheeserine » Dec 29th, '04, 12:51

ABC's da way to go. its simple and doesn't take up as much memory. less complications!

izaki_9

Post by izaki_9 » Dec 29th, '04, 13:56

azurues!!
been using it for some time now...... :D

Kakashi-sensei

BitTorrent client

Post by Kakashi-sensei » Jan 9th, '05, 09:23

I use Azureus.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 11th, '05, 21:42

I mostly use ABC (currently v2.6.9) because it is stable and I like its queuing system.
Sometimes I use BitTornado for some quick tasks.

Btw, I have added a poll... It seems that there are still a lot of people searching their client.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 11th, '05, 22:23

MoerkJ: asking for a second opinion here. which client do you think takes more memory? abc? or btornado?

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 11th, '05, 23:09

jholic wrote:MoerkJ: asking for a second opinion here. which client do you think takes more memory? abc? or btornado?
This question is like comparing apples and oranges. ABC is basically BitTornado with a queueing system on top. What do you expect and how do you want to compare two clients for two different purposes? The only way to nearly be able to make a comparision would be to let ABC run with only one torrent in the queue. Does that make sense? ... not to me.

Sigh, I feel so stupid because you make me actually look and compare these two...

My ABC with 10 active torrents (about 40 queued) uses 32MB, usually something like 30-35MB.. maybe 40MB if I let it running for some weeks. One BitTornado client uses 24MB, two BitTornado clients use 2*24MB=48MB, etc... The difference is obviously that every BitTornado client loads the Python code into the memory where ABC loads Python only once for all torrents. Conclusion: using a client with a queuing system is more efficient than using two single clients.

edit: I tested on a PIII 600MHz with Windows2000 and more than enough free memory (287 of 864MB used).

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 12th, '05, 00:03

I've used all of those at one point. :lol Let's see when I first discovered bt, I used the official one cause I thought that would be the best. Little did I know. You have to open separate clients for each. Waste of my taskbar and memory. Bit tornado is the same way but it looks slightly better. Didn't like nova. Then, I discovered ABC. I liked it a lot and thought I was going to use it forever then I switched to TorrentStorm. I am a HUGE fan of that. I love everything about it. The downside to both ABC and TorrentStorm is that they always seem to make my computer crash after awhile. Notice how everytime I get low speeds I switch to a different client. :lol Then, I started to get really low speeds and I had no choice but to switch to another client. :cry: Also because I got linux so I started to use Azureus. It's ok. I like it a lot but that java is unstable.

I've always gotten extremely low speeds with those chinese torrents so I decided to use BitComet and I am really lovin' it! It's really fast on those chinese torrents but I have to say not so much on other stuff. But then again, that depends on other stuff too. That client gave me speeds I have never even imagined before. I used to get 60-80kbps on good days but on BitComet my good days are 400+!! :wub: My computer hasn't really crashed with that program either. Although, I notice myself having a hard time connecting to the internet. The only reason I don't like BitComet is because uploading is really slow which I hate. But, that's really nothing to complain about. I just use Azureus to seed. So, I really urge everyone to try that one out. It's really give you less headaches. :D

anneyuu

Post by anneyuu » Jan 12th, '05, 00:05

I use BitComet.

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Jan 12th, '05, 06:06

I use ABC and I am very, very into the queuing system. I also like when you minimize it the window is hidden. I hate messy taskbars =/ I think that's what prompted me to ditch the original bittorrent client. I have tried downloading other clients but their interface confuses me :-( Gosh, I'm a dummy. Anyway, ABC is definitely user-friendly for the puter ratarded (like me).

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jan 12th, '05, 06:53

i've tried ABC, BitTornado, orginal BT, and BitComet.

on my laptop, i use BitTornado. i tried Comet and ABC, but the dl speeds were slow compared to Tornado so i switched back to Tornado.

on the desktop, i 1st used BitTornado, but the pc crashed so much i switched to something else. i tried ABC, since u can load all the torrents u want to dl at once, and que the 1s u want to dl later, it's perfect for the crashing pc bcuz i just set it so ABC starts up automatically after crashing! :-) i would've tried out Comet on this, but i didn't like it when i tried it on the laptop. i should try out some of the others.

i wish i had the dl speeds some of u ppl r talking about though, i would party hardy if i get 50kb/s consistantly. shitty comcast cable, always disconnecting me when i leave my dl's on overnite.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 12th, '05, 07:49

kali4niaguy wrote: always disconnecting me when i leave my dl's on overnite.
Whew, I thought that happened only to me. Anyways, I really think you should give bitcomet another try. I used to not even be able to reach 50 either but the trick is to set the ul speed really low like 3-5 and the dl will go very high.

So many abc users! I really like torrentstorm, its one of the best ones out there. Torrentstorm users where are you?

azn_baseball_boy

Post by azn_baseball_boy » Jan 12th, '05, 08:13

i use bittornado. i've experimented with others, ABC, original bittorrent, azureus. I like bittornado the best becuase its easy for me to use. its probably because i've used bittornado the longest.

pflower

Post by pflower » Jan 14th, '05, 18:30

Wow! 400k/s?? That's unheard of for me...makes me want to try another client for sure. Right now I'm using Shadow's BitToranado...changed from the original Bittorrent. Maybe it's time to try something new and learn my ABC's :D

Is it my service (TimeWarner Cable) or is it something else (client) that's limiting my Upload rate to max 42kb/sec cumulative at any given time? Just wondering cuz it's not so with downloading...

jdw112

The switch!

Post by jdw112 » Jan 16th, '05, 20:11

I just made the switch from ABC to Bitcomet. ABC served me well for months, but recently it had been stalling about every five minutes. I read some things indicating that it may have been caused by Zone Alarm or something... At any rate, I have been using Bitcomet for a couple of days now and it is working wonderfully. The GUI is more interesting, and it feels as though it uses less system resources than ABC as well.

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Jan 16th, '05, 20:19

ABC

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jan 16th, '05, 20:28

ABC, very satisfied with it and like the interface. I use Bitcomet also when I just want to download separate files

Datcyde

Post by Datcyde » Jan 17th, '05, 09:55

With the way my pc is configured the only one that works well is azureus. My download can reach 200k and my upload is 75k. With the others I was not able to download at that speed or in some cases not at all.

apples

Post by apples » Jan 18th, '05, 03:27

azureus gives me a lot of control over the torrents. i can set the upload and download speed for each torrent. very important when i want to upload a few torrents but need to prioritize just one. i get to prioritize that specific torrent by setting its ul limit higher, and the others lower. i can also prioritize the leecher whom i'm seeding to. like when someone is almost finished with the file, but all my upload goes to others with less than 50% of the file (we all knw how frustrating to be stuck at 99% bt cnt get faster dl) i dedicate most of my ul speed to whoever is almost done with the file. that way there will be another seeder sooner. it's a risk to prioritize that leecher though.. cos many times, especially on top torrents needing seeds, they leave right after finishing the file.

i jst checked out bitcomet... but all i can find is a global ul/dl.. tried to download a torrent, bt it was taking too long to connect.

the marshal

Post by the marshal » Jan 19th, '05, 22:02

apples: On bitcomet you have a priority setting and you can set up and down limit for every task... right click on the torrent in the downloadlist -> "task properties" -> "advance" tab
:D

Personnaly been quite happy with bitcomet... well didn't test azureus for very long... seems like a nice client but use more ressource than bitcomet... :/

blakmetalik

Post by blakmetalik » Jan 19th, '05, 22:26

Hrmm, been using ABC and have been happy with it. But now some of you have gotten my interest piqued into trying Azureus or Bitcomet...

enchanted
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by enchanted » Jan 20th, '05, 03:50

ABC. I have no complaint when I used ABC and I pretty much got used to using the client. :-)

seneschal

Shareaza

Post by seneschal » Jan 20th, '05, 08:15

Hmm... Not many use Shareaza here huh?
I've been using it 'cuz I could dl dramas at the same time as mp3's and games and warez, all using the same client. It connects to Gnutella and EDonkey2000 as well.

apples

Post by apples » Jan 20th, '05, 16:46

the marshall, i found it.. thanks! i've been using bitcomet these past few days..

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

BT Client CPU Usage

Post by xiaryx » Jan 20th, '05, 20:55

When I run multiple torrent DL my CPU always slow down/freeze. I am thinking of changing to another client from BToranado. Do any of you guys know the CPU usage of BTornado, BitComet and bunch of other clients? I have browse though a couple of forums as well as d-addicts thread and still cant find the answer. Thanks alot.

jrudiman

Post by jrudiman » Jan 20th, '05, 21:07

i use azureus.

so far, cpu usage has been between 0 and 3% on an AMD XP2200+ with 3 torrents downloading and 1 seeding.
when hashing/allocating, it takes a bit more, but nothing close to "freeze".

hope it helps you to compare

BerugasLabor

Re: BT Client CPU Usage

Post by BerugasLabor » Jan 20th, '05, 21:15

xiaryx wrote:When I run multiple torrent DL my CPU always slow down/freeze. I am thinking of changing to another client from BToranado. Do any of you guys know the CPU usage of BTornado, BitComet and bunch of other clients? I have browse though a couple of forums as well as d-addicts thread and still cant find the answer. Thanks alot.
hmm well i only use Azureus and as for CPU usage it takes up a LOT
thing is i think most bittorrent clients take up a lot of CPU and the more torrents it has going the more CPU its gonna need. one time i had eight torrents running and it took like a minute just to start up an mp3 ;)

anywayz there is always the standard bittorrent client:
http://bittorrent.com/download.html
even if it's quite nonadvanced compared to all the others but i think it takes upp less CPU or something

guardianx

Post by guardianx » Jan 20th, '05, 21:34

bitcommet go go

nihonfreak

Re: BT Client CPU Usage

Post by nihonfreak » Jan 20th, '05, 21:44

BerugasLabor wrote:
xiaryx wrote:When I run multiple torrent DL my CPU always slow down/freeze. I am thinking of changing to another client from BToranado. Do any of you guys know the CPU usage of BTornado, BitComet and bunch of other clients? I have browse though a couple of forums as well as d-addicts thread and still cant find the answer. Thanks alot.
hmm well i only use Azureus and as for CPU usage it takes up a LOT
thing is i think most bittorrent clients take up a lot of CPU and the more torrents it has going the more CPU its gonna need. one time i had eight torrents running and it took like a minute just to start up an mp3 ;)

anywayz there is always the standard bittorrent client:
http://bittorrent.com/download.html
even if it's quite nonadvanced compared to all the others but i think it takes upp less CPU or something
my cpu too, 4 downloads at the same time and you can´t do anything (i use azureus)

Carn

Post by Carn » Jan 20th, '05, 21:50

Hmm..I'm using Azureus, and I'm running 4 uploads and 5 downloads right now and it's running fine on my compy. The only time I notice that it's slow is when it has to allocate disk space or check old files for seeding...and then it does slow down the computer a lot.

apples

Post by apples » Jan 20th, '05, 21:59

wouldn't it depend on your processor speed and memory as well? when comparing, it might help to also post your processor speed and memory..

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jan 20th, '05, 22:01

I have tried Azureus, and it just sucked up resources like crazy.... BTornado is good until it is >6. There were alot of praises about Bitcomet, but does it use less resource than BTornado? Hmm.. I think for relative comparison between clients, my processor shouldnt be too much of an issue no? But it is Pentium III 512 ram. Thanks guys for your inputs.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jan 20th, '05, 22:06

Well, I've tried every client I could find out there, and for overall ease of use and performance, I've found Azureus to be the best one for me. I often run 8-12 torrents at once, and rarely does my cpu usage get above 5% or so, unless it's allocating file space for new torrents or rechecking downloads. This is on my p4 2.8 ghz system with a gig of ram and a scary # of hard drives.
Bitcomet or the G3 client would be my alternate choices. I often run G3 on one machine for seeding and Azureus on my server for downloads. They seem to play better that way.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jan 20th, '05, 22:08

lol antok, with that sort of spec, I guess you wont have trouble with virtually anything... but I am resource deficient so I have to shop for the best alternative... :pale:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jan 20th, '05, 22:13

Hmm... if cpu usage is your only concern, then you might be better off with the G3 client. It's written in Python, and doesn't seem to use much in the way of resources. Bitcomet has always used up a bit more clock cycles than Azureus, but it also has to do with the way your system's configured.
I've noticed that most performance hits on my system occurred when the client was refreshing or checking the tracker. Guess it makes sense that the more connections you have, the more resources will be used to maintain them. Frankly, I didn't see a bit of difference in performance when I bumped my d/l system from 512 to 1 gig of ram.

nihonfreak

Post by nihonfreak » Jan 20th, '05, 22:14

xiaryx wrote:lol antok, with that sort of spec, I guess you wont have trouble with virtually anything... but I am resource deficient so I have to shop for the best alternative... :pale:
me too...1.7 GHz Celeron with 128 (!!!) MB RAM

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jan 20th, '05, 22:25

Edonkey2000 has a bittorrent plugin that doesn't take up much resources. But in terms of seeding and all that it's not the best thing to use. I still use it whenever I happend to have a long list of thing I want to download. Downloads are eventually finished.

sokeen

Post by sokeen » Jan 20th, '05, 22:28

go buy more ram. i usually have like 10 bittorrents open and i experienced some lag, but its nothing big

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 20th, '05, 22:42

xiaryx: i believe as sokeen put it, you probably need more ram. i have nearly the exact same system as aNToK, but with less ram. i also use btornado, and i rarely have problems with memory. BUT i almost never go above 4 windows. i don't have enough bandwidth to do that.

the other client i hear that may use less memory is abc. but no one has said anything about that yet.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jan 21st, '05, 00:03

hmm good point..but I am going to wait until I get a job to improve my hdrive hehe..... for now I will try g3. Thanks!

azn_wrx

Post by azn_wrx » Jan 21st, '05, 00:11

azureus requires java btw