Video Player App for Ipad

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
goatloaf

Video Player App for Ipad

Post by goatloaf » May 24th, '12, 04:21

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss this topic in, but I'm a little frustrated.
I recently purchased a new Ipad, and I've been looking forward to loading dramas on it to watch. Well, most of the dramas I have are in .avi format, and they won't play on the Ipad. I've downloaded many video apps that advertize the ability that they can play .avi (and many other) formats. None of them have worked. Itunes refuses to even load the video when I drag the video over, as it states that my Ipad cannot play that format. Very frustrating. Anyway, I'm tired of wasting money.

Does anyone know of a good app that will work to play downloaded dramas?

Thank you for your help!

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Video Player App for Ipad

Post by AkumaX » May 24th, '12, 04:30

goatloaf wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss this topic in, but I'm a little frustrated.
I recently purchased a new Ipad, and I've been looking forward to loading dramas on it to watch. Well, most of the dramas I have are in .avi format, and they won't play on the Ipad. I've downloaded many video apps that advertize the ability that they can play .avi (and many other) formats. None of them have worked. Itunes refuses to even load the video when I drag the video over, as it states that my Ipad cannot play that format. Very frustrating. Anyway, I'm tired of wasting money.

Does anyone know of a good app that will work to play downloaded dramas?

Thank you for your help!
The way it works is, you're supposed to sync your Apps using iTunes.

After you've done that, you can go into the App that you purchased (say, VLC or whatever), and click on that.

You should be able to notice that the App has App Storage. You can click "Browse" to add to the storage upload your .avi's (and .mkv's) to the App that way.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » May 24th, '12, 04:41

Freemake Video Converter converts and add video to itune lib for u. However, I use "Air Video" app and play directly from files on my PC AND Mac hardrive, wirelessly (u need to connect to wifi network). Air Video plays whatever format, AND with soft subtitles, on your hard drive,. :) (it converts the video+subs, while playing, no waiting time, no taking up space on your ipad.)

goatloaf

Post by goatloaf » Jun 2nd, '12, 16:12

Thank you for your help. It worked. And I'm very happy!

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Oct 1st, '12, 16:11

I use Azul Media Player on my iPad2 and find it to be great. It supports a wide variety of file formats including avi, mvk, mp4, flv and also supports srt subtitles under the CC option. Videos can be downloaded directly or they can be easily loaded within the app sync procedure using iTunes The online support is also quick to respond. I would highly recommend Azul to anyone looking for an iPad video app. It is not free but well worth the cost.

zaza66

Post by zaza66 » Jun 18th, '13, 20:48

this sucks so bad. I hate itunes -stupidest product ever created always pestering me with its stupid popups. What's the matter with avi anyway?

discotea30

Post by discotea30 » Jun 18th, '13, 21:18

I use Gplayer on my Iphone and it works great supports ass and srt subs. You don't need to transcode anything. Just make sure you have at least a dual core processor or you won't be able to use the subtitles without some mismatch of the video and audio. Didn't work on the Iphone 4 but works perfectly on the 4s.

Also its pretty easy to put the files on your device through itunes or by wifi.

Hope this helps. as i've only used this on iphone as i don't have an ipad.

JeffWall

Post by JeffWall » Dec 8th, '13, 19:28

RockPlayer2 is a quality video app is RockPlayer2. In its latest iteration, RockPlayer2 implements support for streaming channels, but the app is still best suited for playing local video files. You’ll have to transfer your videos to your iPhone or iPad using iTunes file transfer, HTTP, FTP or WebDAV. One of the most interesting features of RockPlayer2 is RockShare, which allows you to effortlessly share videos between compatible devices.

discotea30

Post by discotea30 » Dec 8th, '13, 21:56

I use both G player and VLC player. Both are good and don't need to transcode.

Gplayer is a little bit more user friendly as you can swipe to fast forward the boring parts. and it handles subtitles pretty good.
VLC is ok.

to download the files to your phone or ipad you have to go through itunes and then the apps section or you can do it though wifi.

ali.japan

Post by ali.japan » Dec 9th, '13, 14:35

Well , I've used a lot media Player Apps and get tired of them because a lot of them crached or not really good and worth their costs

the best one i found it pretty cool is " iMedia Player " .. It's really really amazing App and high quality player and furthermore , It's FREE ( you can purchases it to remove the Ads no more no less)
and you can see the greatness of this App from the Rating (1,635) high rating of the users

I hope that's helpful for you

Best Regards
:-)