easy to use software to turn MP4 into Avi ( anybody knows?)

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
20centuryboy

easy to use software to turn MP4 into Avi ( anybody knows?)

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 11th, '11, 08:48

Does anybody could point me a good software to turn mp4 into avi? I have tried many but didn't find anything that pleased me. The easiest soft I've found yet was Pazera but it change the shape of the screen from 16/9 to square and I couldn't find a way to get the right shape back.

I watch dramas on my Apple tv but it doesn't like the mp4+ softsubs, so from now I guess I'll have to reencode everything or get hardsubbed ( but it seems like almost nobody harsub anymore)

Windows or mac it will be fine.

Thanx.
Last edited by 20centuryboy on Oct 12th, '11, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Oct 11th, '11, 09:21

I don't use Pazera but I looked at the interface and it seems you should go to "Advance Settings" and change the "resolution" to "100%" instead of leaving the default "Auto" Did you try that?

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Oct 11th, '11, 09:29

BTW, I use MediaCoder (Freeware) but since its default output is mp4, you'll need to go in and change the video output to avi. I'm not sure how easy it's for you but you can try since it's free :)

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 11th, '11, 17:51

ok, thanx a lot, that was a big help! I will try mediacoder if the tip doesn't work with pazera. :thumleft:

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Oct 13th, '11, 08:39

I would have recommended Handbrake, but it dropped support for XviD in the latest version. Also PSP4XVID, but the website require you to install Microsoft Silverlight to access it. So instead I would go with either Dr. DivX or AVI ReComp.

flake

Post by flake » Jun 13th, '12, 15:40

Hello Friends !!!! Dear I used software which is suppsed to convert AVI or MP4 files into DVD format. I burned a copy onto a DVD but it turned out to be just a Data disk. So now how do I burn it so that it will just open and play automatically in a DVD player?

Macsimus

Post by Macsimus » Jun 13th, '12, 16:22

flake,

Burning an MPEG-2 file directly to disk won't work. You need the proper VIDEO_TS folder and file structure as well.

If you use Windows, then Muxman will help you do that:

http://www.mpucoder.com/Muxman/versions.shtml

swampy27
United States of America

Post by swampy27 » Jun 13th, '12, 19:13

I use Freemake Video Converter to convert mp4's into avi's so I can then hardsub the subtitles with VirtualDub. I tried using the "add subtitles" option in Freemake but it didn't always encode every line from the softsub files.
BTW, I do this because i like to play the avi's on a dvd player which can play avi's/divx's but not with softsub files.