Youku: how to download HD video?

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Kz

Youku: how to download HD video?

Post by Kz » Mar 30th, '12, 02:34

I discovered Youku having a lot of variety program I like. However, streaming HD video is sometimes sluggish.
I know how to download Ipod resolution video, but is there any way to download original quality HD file?
There must be a way since I sometimes see full lengths Youku video here.

Thanks for your help!

-Kz

GarySmith

Post by GarySmith » May 20th, '12, 14:39

HD video normally means higher resolution than standard-definition (SD) video and most commonly involves display resolutions of 1,280×720 pixels (720p) or 1,920×1,080 pixels (1080i/1080p).With IDM you can Download it.

Kz

Post by Kz » May 20th, '12, 17:11

Youku has it's own downloader. However, it only downloads video for lower resolution (one of Iphone)
Is there any way to download original HD format?
I konw many people share HD version of video from Youku here.
How do they do that?

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » May 31st, '12, 15:32

Maybe with this? http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/youku-hd ... ?l=en&mt=8 but there aren't many video clips at the moment.

Youku HD streaming is available in Mainland China only. Unless there is a different proxy setting and/or use of other paid shareware to download in HD resolution, chances of getting it is pretty slim.

Calvinhudson

Re: Youku: how to download HD video?

Post by Calvinhudson » Mar 22nd, '17, 08:36

I always use Acethinker Video Downloader to save videos from Youku to my computer for offline viewing, free and works pretty well for me. It's a free web-based application to download online videos, you don't have to install anything. :D

sotoo

Post by sotoo » Nov 20th, '17, 10:12

I'm late to this topic too, but if anybody else ever has this problem, you-get can grab HD videos from Youku with no trouble at all.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Dec 8th, '17, 10:51

sotoo wrote:I'm late to this topic too, but if anybody else ever has this problem, you-get can grab HD videos from Youku with no trouble at all.
I ever downloaded jdrama from youku using software called Youku Downloader, I'm not sure if there is HD option (probably no)
If you're using Mozilla Browser, I think you can download HD using Download Helper Addons from Mozilla :-)