READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE! (**NO MOVIES**)

Be nice and polite and maybe you'll get what you want.
MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE! (**NO MOVIES**)

Postby MoerkJ » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:11 am

**** DO NOT REQUEST MOVIE/FILM UPLOADS. ****
**** MOVIE UPLOADS ARE BANNED FROM D-ADDICTS ****

DO NOT CREATE NEW TOPICS IF ONE ALREADY EXISTS!
USE THE NAME LISTED ON THE TORRENT LIST!

(If the name on the tracker is 'koukou kyoushi', and you use 'high school' teacher, we may not recognize it, and it may be locked or deleted. Please read below.)

UPDATE: THIS FORUM IS ONLY FOR REQUESTING TORRENTS LISTED ON OUR TORRENT LIST OR FOR TORRENTS TO BE UPLOADED ON OUR TRACKER!
Please discuss all posted direct download links in their respective forum threads where it was originally posted. D-Addicts gives no official support for these.

BEFORE MAKING A POST TO THE SEEDING AND UPLOAD REQUESTS FORUM...
Check the INDEX OF ALL REQUEST TOPICS if a request thread already exists. If you don't find the thread in the list then:
  1. Click the SEARCH button, located at the top of virtually any web page at d-addicts.
  2. In the "Search Query" section, under the "Search for keywords" text box, type in one or more keywords.
    It is recommended to limit the search to the "Seeding and Upload Requests" forum.
    Select "Search for all terms" if you enter more than one keyword.
  3. In the "Search Options" section, click the "Search" button.

How To Request:
In the "Seeding and Upload Requests" forum you can make two kinds of requests regarding the D-Addicts torrent page:
  1. seed requests for existing torrents
    • threads are named "[Seed Req] torrent name" where torrent name is a drama series title. The topics are for the whole series and thus should not include episode numbers.
    • requests for OSTs should be posted in the appropriate series thread
    • before opening a new thread, please ensure that there is no existing thread for the torrent (i.e. use the search function or the request index)
    • be patient and don't hammer the board with requests.
  2. upload requests new torrents
    • threads are named "[Upload Req] torrent name" where torrent name is a drama series
    • before requesting new uploads, make sure that the same torrent isn't already available somewhere else
    • request new uploads only if you are unable to get the stuff with other distribution methods, such as IRC or other P2P software
    • don't request uploads of stuff that is available on other drama torrent pages (e.g. jem, jtv, aznV, etc.) because such requests will/should not be filled

EDIT: You are allowed to make seed requests for other asian drama torrent sites but just note that you will probably be more successful if you actually made these request at the respective site's forum or irc channels. (Refer to our Links of interest for pointers.)
Last edited by MoerkJ on Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby xiaryx » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:12 am

thanx for writing this..I changed it to announcement. I believe it was just a regular post before.

Also,
1) DO NOT start a new thread for every episode.
2) DO NOT request seeds for different dramas in one thread.
Last edited by xiaryx on Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:21 am

haha, you're too fast for me XD
i was still tweaking the article (i.e. making it sticky)
:lol

vsm

Postby vsm » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:24 am

Does TV specials count as movies?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:29 am

vsm wrote:Does TV specials count as movies?

hmms.....judging from many drama specials that have been posted (City Drama Special & Gokesun special & others)....i guess TV specials don't count as movies...as long as they aren't movies themselves. did that make any sense? :blink lols

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:45 am

"Movies" are considered those films that are screening in cinemas, sold on DVD and VHS, and showed on PayTV, and later on freeTV. "Movies" are films produced and marketed by a big industry which also likes to bust asses of users who distribute their works freely on the internet. Exactly these movies are not allowed for upload here. Everything else (i.e. TV productions) should be ok.
One exception at the moment are DVDRips of dramas exclusively produced by YesAsia.com because D-Addicts is associated with YesAsia.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | IRC ) ::..

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:44 pm

if i'm not mistaken, in one thread, Ruroshin mentioned that a good rule of thumb is to find if the "movie/special" was ever shown in the theaters. if it was strictly "made-for-asian-tv", it's probably safe.

were you thinking of uploading the odoru daisosassen specials?? :mrgreen:
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

PuddingBerry

Postby PuddingBerry » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:36 am

am i allowed to request for a Japanese TV Show

for example :: Minna no Terebi .... ????

It's not a drama nor movie = ='|l so i don't know if

this is allowed here or not.... :unsure:
I <3 K-Drama! ... -me- ... I <3 Jaejoong

groink

Postby groink » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:39 am

PuddingBerry wrote:[color=#FF6600]
am i allowed to request for a Japanese TV Show

Yes, Japanese TV shows are allowed on D-Addicts. Just post an upload request to the Seeding & Uploading forum.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

rabbit2112

Postby rabbit2112 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:58 am

Hi, can I put a request for Jdrama: Bus Stop? I check in search engine already but there's no topic of request for Bus Stop ^O^

Juz want to check first before really put a request on it. thx ^^

yt_toshi

Postby yt_toshi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:08 am

rabbit2112 wrote:Hi, can I put a request for Jdrama: Bus Stop? I check in search engine already but there's no topic of request for Bus Stop ^O^

This is not the thread for putting a request. Remove this post immediately. :x
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

Dodbos

Postby Dodbos » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:55 am

yt_toshi wrote:
rabbit2112 wrote:Hi, can I put a request for Jdrama: Bus Stop? I check in search engine already but there's no topic of request for Bus Stop ^O^

dude, what are you? the d-addicts police? everytime someones makes a mistake you are always the first to point it out. i mean at least tell them what/ where they're suppose to do it if you're going to point out what they did was wrong.

rabbit2112

Postby rabbit2112 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:06 am

yt_toshi wrote:

Hm.. I'm not making a request now, just asking whether I can put a request for Bus Stop. Anyway, there's a rule saying that a member must be active at least 10 posts before making a request, isn't?

Hm.. so okay, sorry if I make a mistake. I just newly join for today. So need a lot of help.. =P thx 4 the understanding though ^^

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:36 pm

rabbit2112 wrote:Hm.. I'm not making a request now, just asking whether I can put a request for Bus Stop. Anyway, there's a rule saying that a member must be active at least 10 posts before making a request, isn't?

Hm.. so okay, sorry if I make a mistake. I just newly join for today. So need a lot of help.. =P thx 4 the understanding though ^^

There is no rule regarding a minimum number of posts. Everybody can request torrents here as long as they are drama related and if you follow the forum etiquette (see 1st post).
But the chances that your request(s) are filled are often higher if you are known or at least have a little history here. ^_^ That applies especially to upload requests.

rabbit2112

Postby rabbit2112 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:21 am

oh ok =P thx a lot for the info ^^

twenty197

Postby twenty197 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:41 pm

Hello. I've only been a member since last month and only started downloading 2 weeks ago. Ii'm currently downloading Hotelier and I liked the character of Han Tae Jeun so I looked over the net and found other series of Kim Seung Woo. I liked the one with CJW the title was Mr. Duke. I tried to look it up in the torrent but nothing came out. Does it have another name? Can I open a new topic requesting for seeder for this drama? Hope you could help me soon... Thank you very much.

hwee07

Postby hwee07 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:55 pm

hi, could u please reseed the nine tailed fox ost?
thanks,
hwee

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby mizune » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:18 pm

^
Um... This isn't the thread to make requests... o_o;;;;;;
The idea is to find the series you are looking for in the INDEX OF ALL SEED REQUEST TOPICS (Search In Here) and post any requests related to it in the already existing thread....

Deadmoon

Postby Deadmoon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:54 am

Hi. Im not sure if this is the right thread for this. Can d-addicts use the ratio method which other sites use (like boxtorrents)? This is to boost up the seeders and limit the leechers.

The overall ratio takes into account the total uploaded and downloaded from your account since you joined the site. The individual ratio takes into account those values for each torrent.

* Low ratios may result in severe consequences, including warning and banning in extreme cases.

* Warned users are only able to seed torrents, if they want to download again then they will need to seed until their ratio is high enough.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:10 am

Deadmoon wrote:Hi. Im not sure if this is the right thread for this. Can d-addicts use the ratio method which other sites use (like boxtorrents)? This is to boost up the seeders and limit the leechers.

The overall ratio takes into account the total uploaded and downloaded from your account since you joined the site. The individual ratio takes into account those values for each torrent.

* Low ratios may result in severe consequences, including warning and banning in extreme cases.

* Warned users are only able to seed torrents, if they want to download again then they will need to seed until their ratio is high enough.

I believe this subject came out a while back, but Ruro decided not to do that because that would defeat the whole purpose of this being a public forum.

or something along the lines of that, right? aiii..........such forgetfulness, not good...not good at all :lol

I'm sure Ruro, a mod, groink, BT (whom I haven't seen in the longest), or aNToK can answer it better. :-)

sheexiong

what is seeding?

Postby sheexiong » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:28 am

i have no idea what seeding is ..... im not quite sure even how to use this torrent downloading....... but my things download really slow and i dont know as to why they are downloading so slow... can anyone help me please..........

My_Chemical_Love

Postby My_Chemical_Love » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:55 am

I got a question: If some ppl is requesting some torrent that I know is in another website, can i put there the web adress for all that ppl?

Thanxxx
Hey, where I am? I don''t remember this...

buddysunny

??!

Postby buddysunny » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:06 am

hi!!!
but i am just wondering if D-Addicts have non torrent direct download links????

thanks!!!
NO BT!!! all direct dls!!!!

yt_toshi

Re: ??!

Postby yt_toshi » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:20 am

buddysunny wrote:hi!!!
but i am just wondering if D-Addicts have non torrent direct download links????

thanks!!!
NO BT!!! all direct dls!!!!

Like neonkinpatsu said: "We don't have "non torrent seeding". No direct downloads. We promote P2P sharing, namely bittorrent here."

Enough said :x
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

michaelleez

Postby michaelleez » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:40 am

does it have to be torrents or can you use different links like rapidshare.de links?
(¯`·._.·†«Michael»†«Lee»†·._.·´¯)

michaelleez

Postby michaelleez » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:45 am

SORRY I JUST READ THE TOPIC BUT HEY GO N LOOK AT WHAT I POSTED CAUSE I USED SOME DIRECT LINKS ALREADY AND YOU GUYS N REMOVE THEM SORRY
(¯`·._.·†«Michael»†«Lee»†·._.·´¯)

soulreaver

regarding requests...

Postby soulreaver » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:32 pm

im new here so i really dont know how things work here... i just wanna ask how can i request for osts here... ur rule kind of got me confused... i really need ur help... it will be very appreciated!!! THNX!!!

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:04 am

The main purpose of this forum is to request seeds for torrents on our tracker (or certain other known drama trackers).

If you are looking for something not available you may issue an "upload request", but it is not very likely that it will ever be filled. If you're looking for OSTs then try to search clubboxes or Philly's Asian OST forum first.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | IRC ) ::..

locasawa

Postby locasawa » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:46 am

sorry i am new here and i totally overlooked the "no movies request" rule and requested for princess blade....

bluenitesky

Postby bluenitesky » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:26 am

uhm.... i want to request a sub is that okay, and do i put seedreq or uploadreq ty

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:33 am

bluenitesky wrote:uhm.... i want to request a sub is that okay, and do i put seedreq or uploadreq ty

requesting subtitles is useless. If the subs are not in our subtitles forum then is probably does not exist.

Announcement: NO SUBTITLE REQUESTS! Read this 1st if asking for subs.

sistergirl

what is the difference of seed request and upload request?

Postby sistergirl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 pm

can somebody tell me?

clonedsheep

Postby clonedsheep » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 am

An upload request is for new torrents not found on D-Addicts. Seed requests are for existing torrents on D-Addicts that don't currently have enough seeds to allow people to download a full copy.

More detailed info:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_2841.htm

Return to “Seeding Requests”