"I want a korean boyfriend"

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
User avatar
SOGBA
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: in my room

Postby SOGBA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:36 pm

rainfall wrote:dont mess up ur mind....
korean drama is good.... doesnt mean the guys/gals are good.
there are bad or good people in this world, regardless their nationality, race, religious, etc etc etc...
cheers...


thats so true

User avatar
FoolyDooly
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: PUSAN, S. Korea %or% NEW JERSEY, US

Postby FoolyDooly » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:25 pm

SOGBA wrote:
rainfall wrote:dont mess up ur mind....
korean drama is good.... doesnt mean the guys/gals are good.
there are bad or good people in this world, regardless their nationality, race, religious, etc etc etc...
cheers...


thats so true
I said what I said on last post as a reference point. :P
One-time Translator for AnimeWaves (never received credit)
Group Leader of 8.15 Aftermath (now on hiatus!)
Image: Translator (for manga/manhwa)
Avid Uploader (in various sites)

User avatar
xxemz19xx
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: England

Postby xxemz19xx » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:20 pm

OMG the posts on this topic are quite amusing :lol

WHY do you girls want a K-boyfriend? is it because of the dramas/idols?
I will freely adimt to totally loving asian celeb men but it doesn't mean I want a K-boyfriend. I'd want a BF to be caring and nice his race would have nothing to do with it.

However the original poster just wanted a t-shirt that said "I want a Korean boyfriend" written in Korean which is pretty cool for fashion reasons, hell I'd wear a T-shirt with it written on :lol

User avatar
rikie_11
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:31 am

Postby rikie_11 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:51 pm

As much as I want to wear a shirt like this...I DON'T THINK I HAVE THE GUTS! Lol. My country is like a second country to these Koreans! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

But then again, it'll be so nice to be suddenly catch a gorgeous Korean.

In my dreams.

Hahahahahaha!

User avatar
SOGBA
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: in my room

Postby SOGBA » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 pm

rikie_11 wrote:As much as I want to wear a shirt like this...I DON'T THINK I HAVE THE GUTS! Lol. My country is like a second country to these Koreans! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

But then again, it'll be so nice to be suddenly catch a gorgeous Korean.

In my dreams.

Hahahahahaha!


My i ask what country your are from??

User avatar
FoolyDooly
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: PUSAN, S. Korea %or% NEW JERSEY, US

Postby FoolyDooly » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:24 pm

For last time, Korean guys aren't so good! :(
One-time Translator for AnimeWaves (never received credit)

Group Leader of 8.15 Aftermath (now on hiatus!)

Image: Translator (for manga/manhwa)

Avid Uploader (in various sites)

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:02 pm

Postby Eternal Snow » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 am

SOGBA wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:As much as I want to wear a shirt like this...I DON'T THINK I HAVE THE GUTS! Lol. My country is like a second country to these Koreans! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

But then again, it'll be so nice to be suddenly catch a gorgeous Korean.

In my dreams.

Hahahahahaha!


My i ask what country your are from??


i second that XD lol..
Image

User avatar
skirara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 am
Location: back on my computer ^____^

Postby skirara » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:29 am

Lurker popping their head in here.

Im a white female in america, who does indeed happen to find asian men a tad more attractive than white guys (though i wouldnt mind the latter ).

Im gonna agree that I think its just girls loving the actors and the roles they play, or simply their mannerisms (ala Yamapi and his cute kissy lips and nose fiddling, to those familiar with the japanese actor).

With me (who wouldn't specifically narrow my field down to korean; specially since i cant tell the differences between the races half the time) Im thinking its just physical appearance of them that I'm into; but it should be the personality above all else that should attract you to them, and all koreans (or asians for that matter) do not a have a uniform personality.

FoolyDooly wrote:
For last time, Korean guys aren't so good! :(


So basically, we shouldnt be praising them, but we shouldnt be knocking them either. Its the personality that should matter in the end; and then if some girls (such as myself) just happen to like the appearance of them more, than thats that. We all have our physical preferences. Mine just happen to be single eyelids, dark hair, and a skinny/short stature which are not as rare to asians as they are to caucasians.

Im sure someone probbly has said this before in this thread, but ill just input it as well XD

User avatar
FoolyDooly
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: PUSAN, S. Korea %or% NEW JERSEY, US

Postby FoolyDooly » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:49 am

So you just want someone with those stature and "great" personality eh? :P XD
One-time Translator for AnimeWaves (never received credit)

Group Leader of 8.15 Aftermath (now on hiatus!)

Image: Translator (for manga/manhwa)

Avid Uploader (in various sites)

User avatar
skirara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 am
Location: back on my computer ^____^

Postby skirara » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:53 am

^We are not here to discuss my personal preferences XD Though my definition of a "great personality" may be warped since the looks I get when i say "I prefer asian men" makes me think my taste in general is twisted or wrong. Ive heard "You like asian men?" in such disbelief so many times...Anyone else(white female) suffer this issue as well?

In regards to korean dating (lol, like its a sport XD <-- even my sense of humor is warped) Ive seen this ad about a hundred times by now about this Korean online dating site; and it makes me wonder: Do you have to be korean to join it, or can you just sign up if you want a korean guy? XD

User avatar
xxemz19xx
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: England

Postby xxemz19xx » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 am

skirara wrote:^We are not here to discuss my personal preferences XD Though my definition of a "great personality" may be warped since the looks I get when i say "I prefer asian men" makes me think my taste in general is twisted or wrong. Ive heard "You like asian men?" in such disbelief so many times...Anyone else(white female) suffer this issue as well?


don't worry your not alone I get that when I say I like asian men as well :lol
It's not twisted and your definatly not warped.

@ foolyDooly: Why are they not good? please enlighten me? They are men like any other, I know the family and tradtions are important to them, but you can say that about anyone even white people. I know some white people who wouldn't even consider dating asian men/women for similar reasons.

sveta
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Texas

Postby sveta » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:34 am

i find asian guys attractive :D (i'm Russian-Jewish) When i first proffessed my interest in Asian men, everyone always told me, 'they have small you know whats,' but i don't care. People find it odd that i like them and they always asked me why. It is very annoying when i get asked that...

User avatar
FoolyDooly
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: PUSAN, S. Korea %or% NEW JERSEY, US

Postby FoolyDooly » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:25 am

xxemz19xx wrote:
skirara wrote:^We are not here to discuss my personal preferences XD Though my definition of a "great personality" may be warped since the looks I get when i say "I prefer asian men" makes me think my taste in general is twisted or wrong. Ive heard "You like asian men?" in such disbelief so many times...Anyone else(white female) suffer this issue as well?


don't worry your not alone I get that when I say I like asian men as well :lol
It's not twisted and your definatly not warped.

@ foolyDooly: Why are they not good? please enlighten me? They are men like any other, I know the family and tradtions are important to them, but you can say that about anyone even white people. I know some white people who wouldn't even consider dating asian men/women for similar reasons.
It's rather long story how I grew to hate my own race :3
One-time Translator for AnimeWaves (never received credit)

Group Leader of 8.15 Aftermath (now on hiatus!)

Image: Translator (for manga/manhwa)

Avid Uploader (in various sites)

justdnk
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:11 am

Postby justdnk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:37 am

I have a Korean boyfriend. We've been dating for almost two years. I met his parents too and even though they are really traditional, they accepted the fact that we really do love each other and that I am Chinese, Vietnamese and Cambodian...

I think that it doesn't matter if he is Korean, or white or some other ethnicity, all that really matter is how he treats you and how well you guys can relate to each other and get along and all that good stuff..

konaxis
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Postby konaxis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:54 pm

dont be in a hurry, he will come naturally!

Ciaromi
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:13 pm

Postby Ciaromi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:50 am

i know it's kind of late of me to join this discussion but about the whole racial mixing thing, but I think that we're all human-beings so why does it matter if we mix or not? It's not anything bad.. I know that people are traditional and etc. but still..you know? just wanted to state my opinion ^^

User avatar
infundibuliform
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:03 am
Location: California

Postby infundibuliform » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:34 am

I've noticed lately that I'm not as attracted to Western men as I used to be. There are these Brazilian twins with accents at my school, but I'd snatch anyone remotely showing Asian features before them. lol

User avatar
ichigo_bony
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: Odivelas / Portugal

Postby ichigo_bony » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Hello!! I couldnt help and I had to answer this!

Actually I have a Korean boyfriend. We meet online via hi5 2 years ago. Actually I am a very carefull person when it comes to internet relationships (I block everyperson I dont know and only talk with people that I personally know.) and really I never thought that it could happen. I used to think that if I had a guy that could fill my hoping heart that I could be happy. But it seems to be mutch more dificult than that... Yes we feel in love. We see each other in webcam everyday and he calls me when I go to sleep. If he cant do it he will send me an sms. I am very thankfull for having him in my life, really.
We promised that when each other get some money to travel than we had to talk to our parents, and say that we really love each other.
Actually I had other guys that really liked me, but somehow, I felt that those persons were not the right for me. I swear with my soul that I am a faithfull person and that I really never thought about dating and kiss other boys just for fun or satisfaction. But when we broke up for the first time, I tried to hang out with other boys and I even got to date a guy that was very alike him (but he was caucasian not asian). Everytime that I kissed a diferent guy I could feel him deep in my heart... Calling my name, as if he missed me. The fact was that, he broked up with me. (Because he felt that this relationship could hurt me a lot more that it really was, he said ...) I couldnt acept it and I did something that I never thought I could do: I tried to date a guy in order to forget him. Well as you can imagine, I couldn´t. What we had was too pure. I called him to say that I couldnt forget him. And he told me that he still loved me. The main reason that he broke up with me was: his friends told him that he was breaking my heart and that this kind of love might one day be over. They even told him that if he loved me, that he should

User avatar
ichigo_bony
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: Odivelas / Portugal

Postby ichigo_bony » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:18 pm

(cont..)
break up with me. Well... I dont know why but everytime we broke up, even if we try to be far away from each other, we cant do it for too long. I cant explain it.

You guys can call it fantasy, utopia, everything that oyu guys want. But I believe that love shouldnt be because of an ethny or skin colour, but because of the person heart and mind. That is what really matters.

And yes, his father put a lot of preassure on him. But he is strong. And he doesn´t let them control him.

Actually, I had one chinese boyfriend, and an Portuguese and I can tell you that I really hate Portuguese guys. They are IMATURE. Really.... It is hard to findone suitable to us here. So that is why girls are such an cows... really....

Hope I could be helpfull!!

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:35 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Postby Néa Vanille » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:18 am

I'm back in Austria now, majoring in Korean and Japanese and I find it completely amusing that all my female classmates totally share my sentiments about the hotness of Asian (specially Korean) men.

It's fun. :lol

User avatar
kobe23
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:19 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby kobe23 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:18 am

For some reason I always thought you were some Germany :)

I have never really understood the attraction towards Asian men to be honest. With the exception of Won Bin, Takeshi Kaneshiro and perhaps a few others, I don't find many of them particularly appealing. But then, I'm just a guy, what would I know? :unsure:

mjf
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: France

Postby mjf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I started to watch korean drama, just like lots of others who think of having a korean boyfriend, I too. I liked the korean guys because they all seem to be very manly, I am not sure if that is only the screen appearance. But, I only regretted not giving any chance to myself when I was younger, I used to have foreign guys such as Japanese, Dannish, English who met me in the street or on the train wants to make friend with me. I was brought up in a feudal family, I must not to do this or that. My life is a disaster anyway. Since I now got old and ugly, there's nothing more I wanted to do. I just admired you guys though.

Evil-Yuli
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Postby Evil-Yuli » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I also want one.. TT.TT
but in the place I live in there is no chance to meeting someone from asia.. well only some old people from Tailand... the rest are from Afrika ''>_> I walk in this neighboor and all I see is black with black sticks (hands and legs are so slim that it's scary)
It really sucks that korean people have to marry other koreans... which makes me think "we could'nt I be born as a korean or japanese" (especially cuz when people ask me what I am i have about 3 answers)
Last edited by Evil-Yuli on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pumpki3
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:59 am

Postby pumpki3 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 am

haha..interesting post! but yeah i can see why..the guys in the korean dramas are so sweet and successful lol

aznsleepyhead
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Postby aznsleepyhead » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:46 pm

You guys are very lucky all the korean guys i know are total @sses and I have this korean guy in my history class that i will personally like to deck in the face. And reality is not all korean look as hot as big bang dbsk or any other groups (sadly) but let's face it if they were all like that in real life they would be taken the minute they are single and we probably have to make a wait list just to have a conversation with them and sadly in ny i don't see that many koreans around where i live.

Kanashima
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

all of this lol

Postby Kanashima » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:54 pm

i know this topic is like old but..>o<I> < nyaa~~~
hey would a korean family welcome someone part asian??
金島-ちゃん xx :O
oh yeah i saw a yunho look-a-like once he was soo like him he was hooottt we're like going out now >.<

Kanashima
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby Kanashima » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi I'm Kanashima thats so upsetting I shedded a tear I have the same problem and hoping if you could help me....
kana-chan
ichigo_bony wrote:Hello!! I couldnt help and I had to answer this!

Actually I have a Korean boyfriend. We meet online via hi5 2 years ago. Actually I am a very carefull person when it comes to internet relationships (I block everyperson I dont know and only talk with people that I personally know.) and really I never thought that it could happen. I used to think that if I had a guy that could fill my hoping heart that I could be happy. But it seems to be mutch more dificult than that... Yes we feel in love. We see each other in webcam everyday and he calls me when I go to sleep. If he cant do it he will send me an sms. I am very thankfull for having him in my life, really.
We promised that when each other get some money to travel than we had to talk to our parents, and say that we really love each other.
Actually I had other guys that really liked me, but somehow, I felt that those persons were not the right for me. I swear with my soul that I am a faithfull person and that I really never thought about dating and kiss other boys just for fun or satisfaction. But when we broke up for the first time, I tried to hang out with other boys and I even got to date a guy that was very alike him (but he was caucasian not asian). Everytime that I kissed a diferent guy I could feel him deep in my heart... Calling my name, as if he missed me. The fact was that, he broked up with me. (Because he felt that this relationship could hurt me a lot more that it really was, he said ...) I couldnt acept it and I did something that I never thought I could do: I tried to date a guy in order to forget him. Well as you can imagine, I couldn´t. What we had was too pure. I called him to say that I couldnt forget him. And he told me that he still loved me. The main reason that he broke up with me was: his friends told him that he was breaking my heart and that this kind of love might one day be over. They even told him that if he loved me, that he should

Kessim
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:12 am

Postby Kessim » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 am

LOLZ You don't want a Korean guy.

I'm really bias against Korens already so..

1. they only marry their own kind.
2. They are usually the ugliest of all asain people
3. They are sometimes wife beaters
4. All Korean guys have the same style and look (I went to a camp with ALL koreans)
5. They are very proud and very stupid at nature.
5a. Because of their proud nature they are very immature
5.b. Because they are ugly (most) it makes their boastfulness a turn off
6. I heard the stars of Koreans are only hot because they plastic surgery EVERYWHERE

Rockstar1o9
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:05 pm
Location: Berkeley, CA

Postby Rockstar1o9 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:57 am

Way to stereotype.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Hawaii

Postby Puppet Princess » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:26 am

ROFL... yes only Korean celebrities are plastic surgery obsessed.
Everyone in Japanese, Chinese, hell... American media are 100% natural.

(and for the dense....^ sarcasm...)

Kessim
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:12 am

Postby Kessim » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:29 am

Puppet Princess wrote:ROFL... yes only Korean celebrities are plastic surgery obsessed.
Everyone in Japanese, Chinese, hell... American media are 100% natural.

(and for the dense....^ sarcasm...)

This is proves how ugly some of them are. xD

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Hawaii

Postby Puppet Princess » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 am

Kessim wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:ROFL... yes only Korean celebrities are plastic surgery obsessed.
Everyone in Japanese, Chinese, hell... American media are 100% natural.

(and for the dense....^ sarcasm...)

This is proves how ugly some of them are. xD


Who? Everyone in the world?

User avatar
WeDwellNForever
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Ohio,USA

Postby WeDwellNForever » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:06 am

Isn't it the same everywhere whether you only date your own race or not? Men want to have fun when they're young so it doesn't matter who they're dating, but as soon as it comes time to settle down they want a whole different type of girl.

berserkmon
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:43 pm

Postby berserkmon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 am

stop living in a dream world people its fun to watch dramas, but their not real, get with reality. next topic i want a Osama bin laden as my dad!!!!!!!! get real people

okies
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby okies » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:36 am

i soooo agree with berserkmon
ppl get real
the drama are just showin oneside of a 3D person and plus those are3 the honeynoon stages of a relationship wait till it gets bitter would u want one then
just like ppl for who they are dont go chasing fantasy that arent realistic ^^
sorrie dont mean to be badass but its true ^^

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Postby cool_drama » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:01 am

Man...kimchi is good!
ImageImage

User avatar
skirara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 am
Location: back on my computer ^____^

Postby skirara » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:14 am

^ another person who refers to the opposite sex as food for lols? I'm not the only one!! =D sushi is yummy, but chickens good all the same.

anyway
in regards to fantasy versus reality-- 100% agreement, korean dramas exist to give us false hope, make us laugh, cry, and go "Oh, Lee Joon Ki, will you remove your shirt just one more time?" and make people behind us watching over your shoulder go "Wow, that girl is hot." "No, thats a guy." "Oh crap, I'm gay."
Anyway, though, in regards to koreans as a society, (lol, why isnt a korean posting here and defending themselves?) if all that bad stuff about them is all true, then they should all be single....and going extinct.
.....=D going to korea to preserve the life brb.

ps. also, you see those stereotypes in a lot of white guys. Actually, guys in general.
.....=D going lesbian, brb.

tepaj
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: California

Postby tepaj » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 am

LOL...i had to respond to this topic. recently, at work, there was a conversation about getting me to marry a japanese guy. mind you i was on the phone and this conversation was in the background and started by my puerto rican friend and co-worker. she and i had talked about traveling in asia and she had joked about us getting married to japanese men. anyways, i laughed afterwards and said, "no if i married another asian ethnicity, it would be a korean guy!"

but seriously, its the way we are brought up, no matter who you are or where you live in the world. if your family is a very traditional family, you get the worst of it. i am asian-american (hmong) and i have been raised with the "marry our own kind" rule always. my parents are very open minded but this is their way of thinking. it's more about understanding than anything else. they want to be able to talk to your significant other without the language barrier or for them to understand why things are the way they are culturally.

i have some male family members who married outside with other asians, and it was hard for the parents to accept when marriage came up. mainly, i think, it was because the children would not be purebreed but mixed. but hey, they did eventually accept it. my cousin married a cauasian. he is a great guy, very open-minded and always so interested in our culture. that helped the parents but also because everyone loved her and that was her choice so they supported her.

i mean it's still very hard even when you marry within your own kind. there are still a lot of prejudice that you have to deal with - don't marry them because of this and that stuff.

btw, what about those korean orphans that are adopted out?! they are less likely to date or marry other koreans because they weren't raised that way. one of my co-worker is korean but was adopted as a baby. she mentioned she dated a korean guy but other than that, nothing more. and her twin sister just married a chinese guy. go figure huh.

anyway, i know i am way off topic so sorry. but hey, i want a korean bf too! LOL highly unlikely to happen to me. but, if history is correct, then the hmongs and koreans can marry because we have a common ancestor. LOL
:heart: ALL FOR THE LOVE OF ASIAN DRAMAS!!! :wub:
avatar icon credits to LJ user carmendove

Gierma
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Postby Gierma » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi!
Just came across the subject and i found it interesting, I can understand the fuss about Korean idols, after all they are idols and I'm guessing its part of the job to look awesome!!!!!! ( I'm not blind!!!)
Reading through the forum I got a little confused :scratch:
1:Are Korean idols ,and the roles they portrait, the representative type of every Korean guy?
And
2:Is the topic I want to marry my Korean boyfriend or just I want a Korean boyfriend?
Anyway I came from a family from two different races and the country which I was raised is a little. conservative ...but my family environment was very good despite the cultural differences.
I guess all you have to do is give it your best shot if you want something to work out!
:thumleft:

aNaStAsIa7
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:41 pm

Postby aNaStAsIa7 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:29 pm

ok, í am responding to this thread for the same reason as most people...cos it's amusing! i think most korean actors are great candy eye and their characters in the movies/series can certainly make you drool BUT (big But) I have enough Korean friends to know that probably 95% Korean guys are neither that good looking nor that gentlemanly (in fact probably quite the opposite). anyway, a girl being a girl, sometimes i like to drift off and believe that they are all a wonderful and handsome species that speak a sexy language i don't quite comprehend.

Ojou_Belle
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 1:02 am

Postby Ojou_Belle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 am

Ooooohh! This topic is interesting!

I actually don't know what the fuss is about Korean men...all countries have their share of handsome men as well as women. So far, the Koreans I have associated with I have found to be average looking (read: not as good looking as the actors they have on TV) and some are even a bit rude.

Not that I am generalizing or anything but please don't base your choice of a boyfriend on what you see on TV. Unless it's the news, it's not reality at all! Even reality TV has been found to be scripted at times.

User avatar
XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: Texas

Postby XiaoPauli » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:15 am

Just curious, but on the original topic about girls wanting Korean girlfriends, has those girls ever been to grad school, or even college in the United States? Have you guys noticed that the Korean girls who go to school here, both international and American-born, look nothing like the Koreans in Kdramas and MVs?

Since I go or went to school with many Koreans in college or grad school, I always crack up whenever I see girls who want to have a Korean boyfriend. The American-born ones look like Korean versions of ABCs, and the international ones look like Korean otaku.

But that's just my own observations. I do have to say that the shirt is both hilarious and awesome. :lol

User avatar
XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: Texas

Postby XiaoPauli » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:42 am

I do hate to see this thread closed when I still had questions related to the original post. Let's see if I can shift back to first gear.

Image

Anyway, does anyone know if they have a guy version of the shirt above that's in something like Chinese or something? Or at least something that has a humorous sentence like "白人看不懂" that was made popular by that Yellow Fever video?

Image Image

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby lilswtangel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:17 am

*goes back to read the very beginning of the thread*

ROLMAO at my earlier post from 2006. I believe my earlier predicament of overcoming cultural differences has been resolved for the most part. :)

Hmmms...have we gone back on-topic yet?

@watermelonghost: I believe my last post wasn't directed at you, so kindly back the freak off.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:34 am
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Postby aNToK » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:28 am

Actually, what I find hilarious is that this thread started out with the OP asking how to spell "I want a Korean boyfriend" in Korean so she could put it on a T-shirt.

lmao at what it's turned into over the years......
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby lilswtangel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:35 am

aNToK wrote:Actually, what I find hilarious is that this thread started out with the OP asking how to spell "I want a Korean boyfriend" in Korean so she could put it on a T-shirt.

lmao at what it's turned into over the years......


ditto. The initial purpose of the topic changed from the second post on. XD

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:22 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby lilswtangel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:48 am

XiaoPauli wrote:Anyway, does anyone know if they have a guy version of the shirt above that's in something like Chinese or something? Or at least something that has a humorous sentence like "白人看不懂" that was made popular by that Yellow Fever video?


Totally off-topic, but I wanted to reply to the "Yellow Fever" part of your post. OMG, I had like the BIGGEST internet crush on Philip Wang back in 2006 (I even have comments on myspace from 2006 from friends who thought I was totally obsessive and neurotic about him XD). He totally rocked that "白人看不懂" T-shirt.

[spoiler]Image
Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]

Wong Fu Productions FTW!!!! Even though Philip's acting was so terrible in the "Yellow Fever" video. =/ But looking at recent videos, I must say both his directing and acting has improved ten-fold.

白人看不懂 ~> 黃人也不懂 (actually, no I just want a t-shirt that says that. maybe "漢人" would be better...)

[edit]
nono...if I wanted to get a really humorous one, I'll get one that says "我係竹升妹" XD
Last edited by lilswtangel on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: Texas

Postby XiaoPauli » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 am

Image

Ah, the 2009 edition of Philip Wang. He looks like an adult now, crazy.

Yeah, my ABC friends really, really dig this dude. My international classmates, not so much, but his Yellow Fever video is also quite popular with the international student population here, heh.

NoRefund
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:23 am

Postby NoRefund » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:17 am

__yukari wrote:oh my goodness, no you don't want a Korean boyfriend! Unless you're Korean yourself. lol. I had a Korean boyfriend and he ended up breaking up with me because his family wouldn't let him MARRY a non-Korean. what the heck! We dated for a month! Who was thinking about getting married? Crazy!


i know quite a few couples both long AND short term who ended up breaking up with their non-korean counterpart (whether it be male or female) because the korean parents just couldn't see it happening.. on the other hand i know a few non-traditional couples who are still going strong and both sides of their family have no qualms with each other!

NoRefund
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:23 am

Postby NoRefund » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:19 am

XiaoPauli wrote:Image

Ah, the 2009 edition of Philip Wang. He looks like an adult now, crazy.

Yeah, my ABC friends really, really dig this dude. My international classmates, not so much, but his Yellow Fever video is also quite popular with the international student population here, heh.


haha phil!

i liked his yellow fever and other videos so much that i arranged for all of wongfu to come out to my school for the screening of their first movie wayyy back in the day... awesome team of people, really fun and def. can make you laugh offscreen

greensea
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Postby greensea » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Kessim wrote:LOLZ You don't want a Korean guy.

I'm really bias against Korens already so..

1. they only marry their own kind.
2. They are usually the ugliest of all asain people
3. They are sometimes wife beaters
4. All Korean guys have the same style and look (I went to a camp with ALL koreans)
5. They are very proud and very stupid at nature.
5a. Because of their proud nature they are very immature
5.b. Because they are ugly (most) it makes their boastfulness a turn off
6. I heard the stars of Koreans are only hot because they plastic surgery EVERYWHERE


Then how about if you go for korean-look alikes? They're 100% non-korean but for some reason they look like koreans. They might be helluva mixed kind. Maybe chinese + other minority asian kinds. So what do you say? lol

NoRefund
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:23 am

Postby NoRefund » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:31 pm

greensea wrote:
Kessim wrote:LOLZ You don't want a Korean guy.

I'm really bias against Korens already so..

1. they only marry their own kind.
2. They are usually the ugliest of all asain people
3. They are sometimes wife beaters
4. All Korean guys have the same style and look (I went to a camp with ALL koreans)
5. They are very proud and very stupid at nature.
5a. Because of their proud nature they are very immature
5.b. Because they are ugly (most) it makes their boastfulness a turn off
6. I heard the stars of Koreans are only hot because they plastic surgery EVERYWHERE


lmao Kessim you may be biased towards koreans but:
1. So you're saying there's no korean halfy mixes? I guess all my half krn buddies are actually fakes and actors such as as Daniel Henney and that Dennis Oh are also fake huh?
2. Personal preference :P
3. ALL ethnicities of us MEN are sometimes wife beaters
4. Most people of a certain country/area/region tend to have similar characteristics and styles because of their culture and society - it's going to happen.
5-5b. Are you then saying that anybody who has any sense of pride is one who boasts and immature? Sorry but I think the counter-arguments to these statements are even more obvious than 1-4.
6. Yes, S. Korea is known as a country which does huge business in plastic surgery but other countries (probably including yours as well) also have booming plastic surgery practices as well.

No matter what kind of bad experiences you've had with Koreans, (I'm a Chinese American so it's not even like I'm "defending my own kind") I don't think it's right to generalize towards an entire set of people like that. It just makes you sound extremely close minded which inherently has many problems associated with it :P

Anjou
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Postby Anjou » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Kessim you sound like bitter jealous troll.
Why do you care if someone wants a Korean boyfriend? Go get a life.
As a Korean American, I think most white women would be better off with Korean guys either born or raised in western countries. Although Korean society is much more accepting of interracial marriages in recent years. They are still some resistance. Korean Americans are more open minded and have a nice blend of Korean and western cultures.
According to US Census almost 40% of Korean guys who were born or raised in US are married to white women. Initially, my parents used to stress I should only date Korean girls but after I keep bringing home white girls one after another they gave up. Parents can't win. LOL !

angelic_in_red
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:30 am
Location: California

Postby angelic_in_red » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 am

It's a street that goes both ways. I'm white and although my mother told me she doesn't condemn it, she says it makes life harder. Ironically she raised me to not care what race I date. Maybe it's a generational gap, but I'm sure it's not just Koreans or whites that would prefer to have their children in their own race.

But the world needs more interracial babies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwFqudGac8

justjaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:46 am
Location: LA, California, USA

Postby justjaw » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 am

lol. just so you all know, I'm a mixed Asian, so I don't really know if this applies to pure Koreans. My parents don't want me to date non-asian girls for a couple of reason.

1)Different family culture backgrounds(which includes values)
2) Asian age better, and
3) A high percentage of Asian girls come from rich family backgrounds.

Now I'm not saying all of this is right, but I've had reason #1 come up a lot. I hate to say it but most non-Asian girls don't respect their parents as much as Asian girls. A Hispanic girl once told me "F* what my parents think, all that matters is that you love me." I dumped her the next min. So! hint to all you girls looking for Asian boys(which I have no idea why), be respectful to the parents in a way they accept it.

User avatar
JenDaArc
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:50 am
Location: Malaysia

Postby JenDaArc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 am

justjaw wrote:lol. just so you all know, I'm a mixed Asian, so I don't really know if this applies to pure Koreans. My parents don't want me to date non-asian girls for a couple of reason.

1)Different family culture backgrounds(which includes values)
2) Asian age better, and
3) A high percentage of Asian girls come from rich family backgrounds.

Now I'm not saying all of this is right, but I've had reason #1 come up a lot. I hate to say it but most non-Asian girls don't respect their parents as much as Asian girls. A Hispanic girl once told me "F* what my parents think, all that matters is that you love me." I dumped her the next min. So! hint to all you girls looking for Asian boys(which I have no idea why), be respectful to the parents in a way they accept it.


True, I agree and I understand why u dumped that girl. I'm also a mix-asian and living in a multi-cultural country where mix-marriage is a norm but I find that most of the time its not about the race but more on values. Asians prefer someone who can respect elders, well-mannered, knows housework(cooking, cleaning for the ladies) etc..that's why if you're an asian its fine to marry another asian race cos somehow the values are somewhat the same.

However, its different with the western culture. when you don't respect your parents, its such a huge turn-off cos asian thinks very highly of their parents whether they're right or wrong.It's not that we're not independent or blindly follows everything but we usually show our disagreement in a more polite manner instead of telling our parents off or close the door straight to their face etc and also western people got more freedom in life(meaning you can do just about anything but some of it we can't)

But of course, not all westerners are like that there are a lot nice ones that I've met too. It's just a general view on how asian view mix marriages that's all. My parents doesn't mind if I bring home a Caucasian as long as he can adapt to the asian values, its fine.no offense intended to anyone reading this post yea.

arbi316
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Songnam, Korea

Postby arbi316 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 am

I'm Korean. If anybody wanna make friend, contact to me

I have MSN messenger. I'm interested to various asian girls

I do not mean such as girlfriend and more. I just want to foreign friends

User avatar
RainingWendy
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:05 am
Location: Berwick, PA USA

Postby RainingWendy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Wow, it's been a while I haven't been seeing this topic. Well, I see what many mean by trying to marry a person from the same race, I bet its easier for some people. For me mainly, it would be a hard thing to get married with a person of my same race. I am Mexican but I guess I haven't found many Mexican boys with the same interests as me but eitherway my family has accepted the idea that I will marry a Korean guy...Let's say that out of the almost 3 years since I joined this forum I still haven't had luck with Korean guys. God I only met 1 Korean guy face to face. Talk about pitiful.

But...There is this guy that I been interested in for a while, I known him for almost 2 years on the internet we met though Skype. And well originally he lives in Australia but now he is in Korea, and he hasn't been on for a while. Then again I shouldn't complain because I also forgot to talk to him for a few months. But I don't know honestly how he will take it if I tell him that I like him. Should I tell him or just not. I mean I am honestly not sure if he likes me back too or not. I mean we spend sometimes at least 11 hours talking to each other and he wants to change his name to the name I gave him. And would a person that doesn't like you plan a vacation with you? To the point he couldn't tell his parents he is in the country until later on? Or wish he was in the same country you were so that you could both hang out together or even become roomates? Maybe I am just reading too much into it. *sigh*

I would soooo wear that Korean t shirt that says I want a Korean boyfriend..because I wouldn't be so shy here since there arent any koreans around by the way what do those pictures of the T shirts in chinese say?
Tu eres como la lluvia que llena mi alma.

You are like the Rain that fills my soul.

User avatar
kazu123
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:43 am
Location: The World
Contact:

Solution!

Postby kazu123 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah, I know how it feels! I've been hurt so many times, maybe it's better not to love then suffer. :cry:

shojoshy77
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:50 am

Postby shojoshy77 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 am

I read this right now and I'm gigging ^^

I am white (white as white can be, all british background) and I have a gorgeous korean boyfriend who is such an gentleman :)

and we are getting married next summer xD

I absolutely love his family, they taught me how to spak korean and some customs and traditions of korea. His mother and I are practically best friends :D

So to all the girls ho want a korean boyfriend, it is very likely just be very polite and yourself and you can get the guy of your dreams ^^

anything is possible ^^

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:35 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Postby Néa Vanille » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 am

shojoshy77 wrote:I read this right now and I'm gigging ^^

I am white (white as white can be, all british background) and I have a gorgeous korean boyfriend who is such an gentleman :)

and we are getting married next summer xD

I absolutely love his family, they taught me how to spak korean and some customs and traditions of korea. His mother and I are practically best friends :D

So to all the girls ho want a korean boyfriend, it is very likely just be very polite and yourself and you can get the guy of your dreams ^^

anything is possible ^^


That's great! All the best to you and your future husband. :-)

shojoshy77
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:50 am

Postby shojoshy77 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:05 am

Thank you!

Ulsnaguy
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 am

Postby Ulsnaguy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 pm

um..... you want really Korean boy friend At least He is 20 years more.( sorry i'm korean and i'm not fluent english) Because Good boys in teenage are allday study mostly.

one more time. sorry, my terrible english

User avatar
xxemz19xx
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: England

Postby xxemz19xx » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

shojoshy77 wrote:I read this right now and I'm gigging ^^

I am white (white as white can be, all british background) and I have a gorgeous korean boyfriend who is such an gentleman)

So to all the girls ho want a korean boyfriend, it is very likely just be very polite and yourself and you can get the guy of your dreams ^^

anything is possible ^^


This is the same as me apart from the marrying and meeting of his parents (they do know he his dating a white girl and his mum told him whatever makes him happy she will support him... which I thought was really sweet so you can't genralise about all the older Korean generation)

it's nice to know that some Korean parents are excepting :D

madmanout
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 am

Postby madmanout » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 am

My friend once had a Korean ex-boyfriend. She was really happy when they were together. I don't really know why they broke up. But I can tell he was by far the best boyfriend she had.
Remember kids; Spam is bad for you!

User avatar
Oegukeen
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Postby Oegukeen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm

I am also a white girl in a serious and amazing relationship with a 100% Korean guy. I never had some bad reactions from his friends or family. I think it all depends on the person and not on their nationality.

If you need some help or advice feel free to visit our blog http://lovingkorean.wordpress.com/
and we will be glad to encourage you or answer your question about dating Korean men. For me, personally, having Korean boyfriend is really nice. :wub:

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 832
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: Latvia

Postby Neliets » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Oegukeen wrote:I am also a white girl in a serious and amazing relationship with a 100% Korean guy. I never had some bad reactions from his friends or family. I think it all depends on the person and not on their nationality.

If you need some help or advice feel free to visit our blog http://lovingkorean.wordpress.com/
and we will be glad to encourage you or answer your question about dating Korean men. For me, personally, having Korean boyfriend is really nice. :wub:

My sister is married to one. Image
She seems happy. But the only thing is the language barrage. They are already used to talk in English all the time but when he came here, it was quite wierd seeing both of them talking in English...

And I heard a lot of awesome drinking stories from him. So many noraebang stories, celebration stories... it was quite funny, actaully ^^

User avatar
moadeep
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:55 am
Location: Puget Sound

Postby moadeep » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Heh. I used to work with a Korean guy (he was a jerk though) and his mom would loooove for him to marry his white girlfriend, but that might be because they have a kid together.

cheeseakad
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:34 am
Location: THE BRONX

Postby cheeseakad » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 pm

well i like to to date a older korean man, by that time in some cases he has his own mind but still respect his parents but this is his life to live not theres i'm not talking about marriage just a partner for what life has to offer for time being : )

User avatar
Oegukeen
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Postby Oegukeen » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Haha, good idea.

Or you can find a guy with nice and open-minded parents. That also works really well.
For people who love a Korean or want a Korean to love them http://lovingkorean.wordpress.com

User avatar
JoJoVitro
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: S.S. Texas, USA

Postby JoJoVitro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Unfortunately I live in a little town in Texas, and i've never had the pleasure of meeting a Korean guy. Which is sad really. : ( I'm actually planning a trip to Seoul, South Korea, next summer. And noo i'm not going just to look and drool over hot Korean guys, although, that is a definate plus. ; ) Ever since I started watching the k-dramas i've been wanting to go!! Is that weird? Probably. xD

User avatar
moadeep
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:55 am
Location: Puget Sound

Postby moadeep » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

I don't think it's weird at all

User avatar
JoJoVitro
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: S.S. Texas, USA

Postby JoJoVitro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 pm

moadeep wrote:I don't think it's weird at all


Thanks!! I don't think so either. I'm so excited, i've been saving, and will continue to save, until I go!! I have to actually sit down and plan everything out, as in flight-plans and such. But, once I get there, I don't want -everything- planned out, I want to explore. And I need to learn a little more Korean. I'm going to be traveling by myself, so hopefully everything will work out. : )

User avatar
Oegukeen
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Postby Oegukeen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Curiosity and exploration is always a good thing. I think it will broaden your horizons. That's not weird, that's wonderful!

And, as you mentioned, hot Korean guys are always a plus :cheers:

You can try reading "Meeting Mr. Kim" by Jennifer Barclay. It is about a woman who travels through Korea mostly on her own. I was surprised how hospitable Koreans were to her. They welcomed her in their homes, bought her dinners, etc. Though, that was some time ago so maybe Korean attitude changed towards foreigners now that there is much more of them in Korea.
For people who love a Korean or want a Korean to love them http://lovingkorean.wordpress.com

lovablegal21
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Korean Boyfriend~

Postby lovablegal21 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 am

Hey,

I totally agree that KOrean guys are so cute and some are really hot. And i really like the way to speak because I learnt Korean as well :)

But then again, I think dating a korean guy may not be such a perfect dream after all. Because Korean families are still very traditional and they have far too many rules in their culture. Unless you are really determined to learn everything from scratch.

And the guys are known to be male Chauvinists. Means they think men are generally higher status that women in the society. Im not sure how true but Im going to Korea for exchange program end of this month then I can update next time!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest