Jovi 75's Korean Drama Reviews

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
jovi75

Beethoven Virus

Post by jovi75 » Mar 30th, '09, 10:05

Beethoven Virus
Review:
Ever interested in a classical music drama? Don't get me wrong because this is a modern drama. A pure drama of inspiration for world musicians. Here's the sypnosis for the drama.

Two musicians who retired from their musical careers for different reasons join together with a demanding and difficult genius conductor to form an orchestra against all odds.
Although it requires a lot of hard work to form their orchestra, they keep chasing their dreams of doing what they love the most in the world and this gives them great satisfaction.

Three young and old people with different personalities and life experiences gather together under a common dream and they find love and the room to forgive each other as they eventually earn each other’s respect. The drama exudes a positive energy.

The story first relates the life of three different people. Two young musicians with a broken ambition and an oversized ego, hot tempered maestro genious .

I think I can accept the role of the middle-aged lead actor (maestro). In my opinion, he was superb. The perfect nightmare for young or senior musicians. He possessed a firm stand of self righteousness or in other words "alter ego". Brilliant acting!

The heroine acted well. A peace maker and always look eternally cheerful but from the outside. She has her own problems deep inside but keep on staying positive be it love or career. Funny and lovely smile too!

The young hero acting was naturally good. Great emotional scenes and can be quite serious at times mainly because of stress leading an innocent orchestra to a big stage. Great smile and yes, he's cute!

I'm not dissapointed with the ending but in my opinion it was a fair ending. There are no winners and losers. Everything ended up where it begins. The sountrack was good especially with some ballad melodies and a bonus of classical songs. Suitable for all audience. :-) 8) :lol :wub: :cheers: :thumleft:

Rating:
4.7 out of 5 Image

4.0 - 4.9
Buy,burn with nero and keep for collection.You will remember this drama each time and it feels great.Keep on repeating watching over and over again.Spread this drama to your close ones. :thumleft: :w00t: :mrgreen: :wub: :D

JOVI'S SPECIAL GIFT
EXCLUSIVE DISCOVERY

1. Beethoven Virus MV #1

2. Beethoven Virus MV #2

3. Beethoven Virus MV #3

4. Beethoven Virus MV #4

5. Beethoven Virus MV #5

6. Beethoven Virus MV #6

7. Beethoven Virus MV #7

8. Beethoven Virus MV #8

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/thoven/

jovi75

Beethoven Virus - Photos & Images

Post by jovi75 » Mar 30th, '09, 11:29

**Big Credits To The Original Uploaders Of These Images! :salut: :wub: :cheers:

jovi75

Jovi75's Next Review

Post by jovi75 » Mar 30th, '09, 11:35

Next Review - Painter Of The Wind :cheers:

jovi75

Painter Of The Wind

Post by jovi75 » Apr 28th, '09, 09:41

PAINTER OF THE WIND
Review:
If you're into the mysterious world of ancient art, political and historical, this drama might be your pick. You will actually amazed on kept secrets behind some of these paintings. It is beautifully drawn out with its artistic cinematography, engaging actors, witty script, and though evoking music to harmonize all these factors to become a truly great drama. Here's the drama sypnosis as usual.

This beautifully directed drama will take you back to the 1700s during the rule of King Jeong-Jo. While most “sa-geuk” (aka historical/political) dramas focus their attention on the history of the period, this drama will focus on the life of Shin Yoon-Bok (Moon Geun-Young) a woman who is a talented painter disguised as a man. During this time woman had few privileges and while the reasoning behind why and how she decided to disguise herself still remains a mystery during the first few episodes, it is clear that Yoon-Bok not only has a passion for painting but a true talent for it as well. This will be acknowledged by another famous painter of this time, Kim Hong-Do (Park Shin-Yang). The two will meet over precarious circumstances but will come to form a multi-complex relationship as friend, mentor, colleague, and potentially even verge toward a romantic relationship.

To be completely honest, I'm quite dissapointed with the leading actor. I just think that he's not the right man for this job. He looks bored stiff and I don't quite enjoy with his overall lacklustre acting. Dead man walking.

The heroine on the other side looks very good by miles. She's such a cutie and whatever she does, it looks like a genuine acting. She develops a funny yet emotional side brilliantly. No complain!

The supporting actors and actresses played well with their respective roles. The script was indeed a witty one especially during where the King outsmart his betrayal and traitorousness followers. Great drama!

The ending was a little sad but there's no other choice. This was the best logical ending. I doubt you'll deny it! The music was listenable and it provides great themes. :-) :O 8) :| :wub: :pale:

Rating:
4.8 out of 5 Image

4.0 - 4.9
Buy,burn with nero and keep for collection.You will remember this drama each time and it feels great.Keep on repeating watching over and over again.Spread this drama to your close ones.:thumleft: :w00t: :mrgreen: :wub: :D

JOVI'S SPECIAL GIFT
EXCLUSIVE DISCOVERY

Jovi75's Creativity Music Video

1. Painter Of The Wind MV #1

2. Painter Of The Wind MV #2

3. Painter Of The Wind MV #3

4. Painter Of The Wind MV #4

Enjoy!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://tv.sbs.co.kr/hwawon/

jovi75

Painter Of The Wind Photos & Images

Post by jovi75 » Apr 28th, '09, 11:11

Thank you to the original uploaders of these photos and images! :salut: :wub: :cheers:

Painter Of The Wind OST

Track list:

1. 바람의 노래 风之歌- 조성모(曹诚模) l Song of the Wind - Jo Sung Mo
2. 눈 길 雪路- 영지(Young Ji) l Line of Sight - Young Ji
3. 눈물꽃 泪花- 하울(HowL) l Tears - HowL (Title)
4. 그리움 想念(이루어질 수 없는…无法完成的心愿) - 조성모 曹诚模 l Yearning (Impossible Dream) - Jo Sung Mo (Title)
5. 그리고 그리며 还有思念 l Still Thinking of You
6. 그리움 想念(대금 大笒Ver.) l Yearning - Kaya version (Love Theme)
7. 도화서 图畵署 l Dohwaseo
8. 바람의 화원 风之画员 l Painter of the Wind (Title Theme)
9. 먹 墨l Ink (Tension Theme)
10. 비밀의 그림 秘密绘图本(秘密之画) l The Secret Painting
11. 울다가 웃다가 又哭又笑 l Laughing and Crying
12. 동천련로 항장곡 桐千年老 恒藏曲 l Aged Pawlonia Hides its Melody
13. 저잣거리 풍경 市场街道风景 l Street Market Scenes
14. 생도청의 아침 学生青衣 早晨 l Student Wears Blue in the Morning
15. 월하정인 月下情人 l Moonlight Lover
16. 장 파 형 长波形 l Long Waves
17. 묘향산의 호랑이 妙香山之虎 l Mountain Tiger
18. 동천련로 항장곡 桐千年老 恒藏曲 (산조 散调 Ver.) l Aged Pawlonia Hides its Melody (Free Version)
19. 무동 舞童 l Dancing Child
20. 생도청의 아침 学生青衣 早晨 l Student Wears Blue in the Morning (Korean Classical Version)
21. 필선의 대결 弼善的对决 l Competition of the Workmen
22. 연소답청 年少踏靑 l Youth Enjoying Nature

jovi75

JOVI'S NEXT REVIEW

Post by jovi75 » Apr 28th, '09, 11:43

Next Review - Scale Of Providence

majata

Post by majata » May 2nd, '09, 01:29

I have seen Scale of Providence and I am waiting to read your comments on this drama and compare it with mine. I like to suggest you watch Kingdom of the Wind too coz personally i find this drama one of the best.

Loria

Post by Loria » Jun 2nd, '09, 14:27

Just discovered your thread through a video of yours on youtube. And I must say, this is an awesome thread. Many of your already watched dramas, I only heard of, some I also watched and some I haven't heard of before at all. From those I've watched, with most of them I agree to you (like Who Are you, Spring Waltz also mostly), with some I disagree like Coffee Prince or 9 End 2 Outs, I think they deserve more praise, but just my opinion :)

I've been pondering for a pretty long time if I should finally watch My Girl (yeah, I'm pretty late with this drama xD I watched too many others before it), now I surely begin with it today :)

Just some question (I'm sorry if it's already answered, I didn't read all posts): How do you decide which drama you watch next? And do you already have a fixed list of the next 10 dramas you'll watch or is it spontaneous?
I assume you only watch Korean dramas, and will therefore only review about them, right?

To tell the truth, I was really shocked, seeing you have watched all this, but still not "Goong"? I would have expected it to be one of the first (was my first Korean drama). I'd really recommend you to watch it, same goes with "Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung"
I also thought to find "Boys Before Flowers" in your list, surprised it isn't there, though it seems really popular from what I heard (planning on watching it finally after My Girl).

Usangi

Post by Usangi » Nov 2nd, '09, 08:18

thank you

kazu123

Post by kazu123 » Dec 10th, '09, 11:19

Best post ever! :w00t:

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » Jun 25th, '10, 17:45

It's been a while now....... other than busy, few of my self made korean drama videos on youtube got removed due to copyright bla bla bla from SBSi...... I doubt I'm stealing their copyrights cause every music videos created are done with my own creativity... sigh.....light me up.........

todoportable

Post by todoportable » Jul 9th, '10, 01:00

Could you tell me the name of the song and the singer of The Snow Queen MV #7
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFr85cBQ2d4

Please

Thank you very much

Renada

Post by Renada » Sep 5th, '10, 19:25

how about Goong

jovi75

Post by jovi75 » Jul 18th, '11, 14:47

Damn, it's been so long haven't visited here but it's good to see this site still running like usual!

Well, I'm not so keen watching korean dramas these days since my youtube account was banned claimed by copyright SBSi (<<<<these dude rocks, from the bottom of my arse)

Hi to all and especially Paula! (if you still exist) .

I missed my idols unlimited friends too!

Bye and take care!

jovi75

Re: Jovi 75's Korean Drama Reviews

Post by jovi75 » Apr 6th, '17, 17:53

Holy crap!

It's been like 11 years I have not logged in here and surprisingly I'm still a valid member here. Well I'm pretty sure most forummers here are new and only the old timers will know who I am. :-)

Well to begin with, my love for KDRAMA has actually faded until just recent months but only selected kdramas. I used to create fan made music videos for the dramas I watched until well SBS, MBC & KBS banned me from YOUTUBE due to copyright reasons even though I try my best writing to them and YOUTUBE to retrieve all my videos. Since then I officially stayed away from kdramas out of frustration! :x

Well life was pretty much changed a lot during the year from 2006-2017 (present). I do watch some kdramas recently such as "my shy boss" aka "my introverted boss", "missing nine" and currently "Tomorrow With You." Well honestly I do miss the old actors and actresses then the current ones. :P

Nice to see this forum still exists. Take care all! :salut: