Korean Celebrities Behind Surgery

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Ulsnaguy

Post by Ulsnaguy » Jan 13th, '10, 11:54

First of all, i am not fluent english. because korean english education is f***!

many korea girls think eye surgery( i can't explain it...sorry) is makeup.

entertainers (many) have also surgery.

(In entertainer)most of all, they have nose,eye sugery.

one more time i'm sorry i'm not fluent english.

PyoDi

Post by PyoDi » Jan 13th, '10, 18:05

i dunno about the other actress, but Song Hye Gyo already have a nature good looking i think....

kaasbris

Post by kaasbris » Jan 15th, '10, 08:26

C pop stars faces persuaded me to believe that they have never done plastic surgery.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 15th, '10, 15:34

Some of them sure, but there are lot who did.
As everywhere.

watermelonghost

hmm

Post by watermelonghost » Mar 9th, '10, 17:57

well being a korean myself, ive never met many korean who went under the knife...
i mean personally the rumors seems exaggerated, is it not? i mean even if there were some numbers, it seems the only reason people really concern themselves in the matter is maybe they dont wish korean media to accel any more than now or simply have a complex towards the hallyu success...

im sure there are numbers in korea as much as there are in many other countries, but there are number of reasons where people are starting to define korea as surgery land..
1 ) alot of jealous nearby asian countries emphasizing all the negative possible aspects of korea and simply highlighting it and add on few extra untrue rumors to creat skpticalism
2) people in korea who did indeed have surgery dont hide behind the closet about it, they are open about it
3) korea is known from their celebrities and hallyu, and alot of the female celebrities went under the knife, though not all of them... so people perceive all koreans to have went under surgery
4) alot of foreignors come to korea to go under surgery, which raises the statistics, considering the fact korea is known for alot of their medical expertises , which once again raises the stereotype

now i see alot of korean hating japanese people in this forum...
but , sorry to break it to you, but alot of the celebrities you guys worship from yorue country sometimes bring alot of question, but im sure you guys are not prone to know the negative aspects of youre country, so let me bring you up a speed, since you guys were kind enough to do so for mine

i live in jersey, and the asians in america never have surgery... maybe the american styled make ups as you would notice..
i go to japanese plazas all the time (mitsuwa, if you ever heard of a place, which anyways thats where i go) and i dont really see alot of them that looks even close to the superficialness that are posed in the japanese environment i stroll by in magazines or the city life pictures.. alot of them have bad teeth (no offense), premature wrinkles, and quite short in height...

here let me clarify... when i go to the japanese mall in the shores, an average japanese girl looks like this in this link here
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YVnY-lme3_I/S ... +after.jpg
they both are the same person in this picture...

just that they tend to know how to display themselves with heavy make up...
NOW, am i saying all japanese girls are ugly? NO, some are definetely cute, its just that i think alot of japanese ppl are ignorant of the fact that they think all koreans are surgery and all japanese are natural, and pointing out untrue facts like you see in this post up til now. im sure they know how it feels wen their people get bashed upon by other races, maybe such as when america makes fun of japan of all the stereotypes on how all japanese man are otakus and have weird sexual preferences like being attracted to anything that moves, im sure japan tries to claim they are all stereotypes and try to point out that americans are ignorant, which makes them a hypocrit when japan starts to bash on koreans, chinese, phillipines, or whatever

so the next time you bash on korean topics, think about youre country first, if its any better or different ? come on guys, we're all humans, are we not?
immaturity just brings more immaturity
Last edited by watermelonghost on Mar 24th, '10, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 9th, '10, 20:55

Stereotypes and biased opinions are as old as the humanity itself. You know, people from my cave are better than people from your cave. We have 25-Generation cellphones, but basically, we still throw rocks whenever something that doesn't fit our stereotype comes in a way.
We don't change the world and people unless the world and people want to change. And believe me, people hate changes.

watermelonghost

hmm

Post by watermelonghost » Mar 18th, '10, 03:09

Ethlenn wrote:Stereotypes and biased opinions are as old as the humanity itself. You know, people from my cave are better than people from your cave. We have 25-Generation cellphones, but basically, we still throw rocks whenever something that doesn't fit our stereotype comes in a way.
We don't change the world and people unless the world and people want to change. And believe me, people hate changes.
my point is, if youre ganna make some stereotypes on someone, why would you also hurt yourself as well? i know japanese girls are really trendy as well, and use alot products, and maybe its not surgery, but they use alot of byproducts such as...
http://texyt.com/cleopatra+nose+clip+di ... gery+00078
surely these things are not surgery, but to me they are the same thing to me... people put products on their face thats not make-up, to alter or hide their natural looks due to insecurity, peer pressures, and desperate emotions...
to me this isnt any different from surgery, and with biased mind pointing fingers at korea is very ignorant im saying... every country got woman who is insecure about their looks, even white woman, you see girls in america that does breast altering, negative make-up, and ironically does face altering as well...
so what im saying is, rich countries tend to have more access to trendy products, just that korea is new to the game, since its not been long since it became a 1st world country, and korea and india is the most recent countries.... and india has some problems as well going on in bollywood, but oh well, we're not talking about indians or white people so lets leave this topic...

my point is, making stereotypes and promoting lies is pitiful...
but if you promote stereotypes while youre hands are dirty as well, its even more sad...
its like a blind man making fun of another blind man...
or kinda like how japan demands an apology and compensation for the hiroshima and nagasaki bombing from USA, and yet they dont apologize or compensate for the war crimes they did to other asian countries... you see where im getting at?

hypocrits are bound to lose the game...
if they ganna say something, say something about the real flaws, or something that korea should really change, maybe some racism korea has or the system they have, cause i admit korea has alot of flaws as well as any other country, isnt argueing about changing for the better, due to point of views? not to say whos better then who?

ikaznihs

Post by ikaznihs » Aug 6th, '10, 20:39

hahahahah korea is the land of the manicans!!!!!!

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 26th, '10, 06:31

the thing is everyone in the world, all races, whom at the end are all the same! WE ARE HUMANS!! we all just got created differently, and some where just born naturally with good looks and some not, not their fault. however no matter what anyone does, there is always stereotype about people, and the way they are or how they look and what not, my point is those who decide to stay natural, goood for them! :-) and those who want to go through surgery, good for them, i guess they dont feel pretty. either way we all are gonna get old and die. the heart is what matters most! however if ur born pretty then i guess ur lucky and if ur not, what can u do, either accept or do surgery, and still ur not concidered pretty cuz everyone says ur fake, so that does really help much either... an actor can become an amazing star without having to be the best looking thing...but ofcourse looks is the first thing that we all look at eitherway we look at it. which is sad, but people like good looking things like everything else. .....ughh...what am i going on about lol....

ANYWAYS: NAtural is BETTER , but u cant change the fact many stars we like got some surgeries,ofcourse it maks me really happy when i find out that my fav stars are natural... :D and i love all races :cheers: and everyone has beautiful people!!! :-)

ansem777

Han Hyo Joo

Post by ansem777 » Jun 8th, '11, 09:46

SunmiWonder wrote:Han hyo joo had plastic surgery.
Nope, she's a natural beauty. No plastic surgery done. o.o

ji-nyeoung

Post by ji-nyeoung » Jun 12th, '11, 10:57

To be honest, I couldn't give a stuff if I a celebrity had plastic surgery.
As long as it made them look better, I'm all good.
Unfortunately, we have those that come out looking WAY worse =.="

jura

Post by jura » Jun 19th, '11, 09:06

watersoflethe wrote:eh...a great percentage of the people who live in seoul get plastic surgery. (mostly double eye lid surgery)
the overall percentage of south korea is not as high...but everything is just concentrated toward seoul.
i swear one day i was walking around in apbkujung and stopped to wait for someone to arrive. just from my location (which was stil smaller streets) i was able to count 6~7 plastic surgery places within viewing distance from my location. ahaha.
a lot of the people in seoul don't think of at least doing your eye lids as a big deal. parents promise kids that if they get into a good college as a graduation present they'll do the double eye lid surgery for them and such.
my aunt works in the korean tv industry and i always thought she was freaking beautiful but even so after she entered the industry she's had her eyes, chin, nose, and boobs done but most of the poeple she's around think that's nothing.
even around my friends a lot of them has at least had double eye lid surgery and hair removal surgery.
i don't think most people think of it as a big deal but people don't blatantly talk about it either. eh...
You're right. South Korea isn't Plastic Land No1 but Seoul and esp. celebs are going under the knife like it's nothing. If they admit to it then I don't care cause your face and life. It's just funny how they hide it and live as a "natural" beauty. Has somebody seen Seo Woo before PS: http://grntealatte.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... c-surgery/

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Aug 13th, '11, 18:02

ji-nyeoung wrote:To be honest, I couldn't give a stuff if I a celebrity had plastic surgery.
As long as it made them look better, I'm all good.
Unfortunately, we have those that come out looking WAY worse =.="
This.

Love Love Warrior

Post by Love Love Warrior » Aug 22nd, '11, 16:24

Those surgeries make them so much better! Worth the effort. We're unlikely to watch show that has no appealing characters anyway.

U're not going to have a baby with them or something, so u could stop worrying about their plastic surgeries. Are you going to watch City Hunter if Fabio Barthez plays the lead role instead of Lee Min Ho?

Looks are important <3

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 5th, '11, 11:34

I have nothing against ps, as long as its what the person wants. But in some cases celebrities/idols are forced to do this by managers or even by fans. And thats just wrong.
And one thing that i really don't like about korea, is that they have one "beauty-ideal". A few years ago i had a pen pal from Korea and he asked me which faceshape, nose, lips are the ideal in my country. as i told him, that we don't exactly have "the one" ideal type and that there are a lot kind of different "beauty ideals", he didn't understand. He said that if a woman wants to be a beauty, then she has to have a v-line, double- eye lead etc..So this ideal is very specific. And i think that this mentality raises the ps-count into the sky. I saw a few celebrities before and after ps and i don't understand why they did it, because they were beautiful before ps, but after the ps they were not more beautiful, but different and less natural.

renagraham

Post by renagraham » Dec 8th, '11, 12:29

South Koreans always get bash on Youtube plastic surgery . One person put 95% of Koreans are fugly anyway Chinese and Japanese are way better looking. I put” you saying that because Japanese and Chinese are more likely to produce Double eyelids”. Don’t everyrace have its ugly and pretty.

Japanese pop singer Ayumi Hamasaki is rumored to have had 30 to 40 surgeries total

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 8th, '11, 13:08

Me personally don't have any problem with plastic surgery. At the end of the day, it's to do with their career. Let's face it, they way actors look plays a big part of them getting a job and is a big issue in their entertainment industry like every where else. The whole world is like this. As much I love it to be based on talent but it is not. How many times we have read what a great legs that singer has or what a perfect skin that actor/actress has when they have nothing to do with their talent? Not to mention how many fans kya over an actor when you can see no talent in them?
Now there are PSs that I see can do no wrong. Like having your teeth fixed to look nice and brighten up your smile. I always wondered why most of Jactors I see have cracked un even teeth while Kactors almost all of them have a perfect and snow White teeth. It's not that all born with such great teeth, it's because they fix them and nothing wrong with it. But where I have problem with PS is when actors and actresses beautify themselves and then call it natural beauty. It is misleading to fans. I totally don't mind if my favourite actor or actress say they have done that job or this. I just don't want them to show it off and pretend that is God's gift.

renagraham

Post by renagraham » Dec 8th, '11, 13:19

Issy wrote:Me personally don't have any problem with plastic surgery. At the end of the day, it's to do with their career. Let's face it, they way actors look plays a big part of them getting a job and is a big issue in their entertainment industry like every where else. The whole world is like this. As much I love it to be based on talent but it is not. How many times we have read what a great legs that singer has or what a perfect skin that actor/actress has when they have nothing to do with their talent? Not to mention how many fans kya over an actor when you can see no talent in them?
Now there are PSs that I see can do no wrong. Like having your teeth fixed to look nice and brighten up your smile. I always wondered why most of Jactors I see have cracked un even teeth while Kactors almost all of them have a perfect and snow White teeth. It's not that all born with such great teeth, it's because they fix them and nothing wrong with it. But where I have problem with PS is when actors and actresses beautify themselves and then call it natural beauty. It is misleading to fans. I totally don't mind if my favourite actor or actress say they have done that job or this. I just don't want them to show it off and pretend that is God's gift.
Agreed!!!

Further, i just hoped that if they really did have cosmetic surgery done on their body, they SHOULD NOT BE addicted on it. there are people that can't just got enough with one procedure as they started having it. like a drugs in your system.

Anything too much is BAD!

andrewkim

Post by andrewkim » Dec 9th, '11, 05:08

as far as I'm concerned, getting a surgery is your own decision but you should think over it and be absolutely sure you want it

I think that if someone feels really bad about what does he look like, and a plastic surgery would help that person, he should do it. having something done and being happy is better than being natural, but depressed and sitting at home all the time just because you don't want to show people your appearance

but if it's not a big problem and you can deal with being not perfect, it's better to be a natural beauty, because nobody's perfect and it's kinda weird feeling to suddenly see someone you've known well with bigger breasts or smaller nose.

kpolover0927

what about IU?

Post by kpolover0927 » Mar 8th, '12, 21:29

IU is now one of the most famous woman solo singer in Kpop.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/5106/ ... -rumor.htm

could you guys tell if she did plastic surgery or not?

mcgrathian

Post by mcgrathian » May 9th, '12, 06:46

It’s not surprising o.O ...well not only the celebrity but most citizen in S. Korea. There’s actually news about this country being one of the leading nations that has highest count of woman who’d undergone a cosmetic surgery.