[Sad] Korean Dramas That Had Made You Cry, or close to cryin

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 8th, '06, 21:42

Oh man, i cry easily in K dramas. Especially if its a melodrama that i KNOW is sad. But i enjoy watching them, im a huge fan of weepy/sad dramas. Hmm lets see, the top 3 K dramas that made me cry the most were:

1. Stairway to Heaven
2. Autumn in My heart
3. Tree of Heaven

The ones where i cried but not all that much were:

1. MISA
2. My Girl (haha i know!)
3. Save the last dance for me.

The only one i did not shed a tear for was:

A love to kill. That was a crappy drama in my opinion. I was very dissapointed! I've seen alot of dramas too and i can honestly say i never cried for this one. :glare:

But anyways, if i think of more i'll be back!

dummy

Post by dummy » Sep 2nd, '06, 20:08

movies that made me cry sad love story,my girl,i'm sorry i love you,full house,etc...

kdramafan01

Post by kdramafan01 » Sep 3rd, '06, 07:26

Autumn In My heart made me cry SO much at the last episode where he carries her T_T i still havent gotten over it and its been like a week lol

im watching sorry i love you right now and almost done, havnet cried yet htough

luvshe

Post by luvshe » Sep 3rd, '06, 11:16

Endless Love,Sad Sonata,I'm Sorry I Love You
that makes me cry alot...

l00klike_me

Post by l00klike_me » Sep 5th, '06, 04:25

um< the series a love to kill by rain!< lotz of crying being done if ur sumone easy to cry i guess< its pretty gud< but one person crys at least once in like every ep.

junkie

Post by junkie » Sep 10th, '06, 14:10

hmm.. i'd have to say autumn in my heart and stairway to heaven..
MISA almost made me cry.. and some parts of full house and winter sonata almost made me cry too..

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 12th, '06, 18:20

I think it's heaven's tree..

hobojelloz

Post by hobojelloz » Sep 24th, '06, 17:32

stairway to heaven is saddest...and after reading this topic i lost interest of watching like 3 dramas because of stupid spoilers..thanks :cussing:

Icalcan

Post by Icalcan » Sep 26th, '06, 05:28

kdramafan01 wrote:Autumn In My heart made me cry SO much at the last episode where he carries her T_T i still havent gotten over it and its been like a week lol

im watching sorry i love you right now and almost done, havnet cried yet htough
Autumn's Tale (Autumn in my Heart) was the very first Asian drama I watched and ohhhhhh man I cried like hell. Why you may ask? Because I can relate to it personally. Now I would ask all of you who posted under this topic, do you cry when you watch K-dramas or J-dramas because you can relate to the whole story/characters/outcome of the drama series, or just because the story is sad?

i see many different choices in here, but i also see some common sad and cry-bursting dramas in your posts. Based on my students' recommendations, I just finished Full House (How can one not cry when the lovely Song Hae-kyo gets hurt or feels pain because some jerk treats her unfairly). Now I am watching Winter Sonata now (as I get the ep.s dled.)

Can anyone tell me if there is a sad K-drama based on a true story, please? I don't know Korean (yet, but I am slowly learning the conversation language from the K-dramas) :D and can't read Korean web sites to get more info on the reviews. I watched a J-drama (1 Litre of tears) based on a true story, but anyone can cry a litre while watching each ep. = 11 litres.

One point I almost forgot to mention and that is, please don't cry your eyes to the point that you get eye irritation or other problems. You need to protect them, especially those lovely Asian ladies. Eyes are the most important organs in the body, in terms of senses. Don't you ever forget about or neglect them.

And the Asian guys, stop being jerks (I know from my students' behavior) and be nice and fair to your female friends or gf's. They are precious gems and sensitive human-beings right beside you.

peace and happiness be with you all.

Icalcan

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Sep 26th, '06, 05:36

i cried when my girl ended......... no why must it end no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetlara

sad sad sad stories

Post by sweetlara » Sep 28th, '06, 13:12

WHat Kdrama made me cry?
Goong especially last 2 episodes made me cry..it was kinda sad when shin & CG parted...i still cant get over it

But the one that really made me sad was a kmovie A Moment to remember...even my friends cried and was heartbroken by the story...i highly recomment it

KingHussien

Post by KingHussien » Oct 7th, '06, 00:03

Dramas that made me cry:

Green Rose
Immortal Yi Soon Shin

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Oct 7th, '06, 06:23

- Stairway to Heaven
- Winter Sonata
- Autumn Tales (Endless Love)
- I'm Sorry I Love You

were all tear-jerkers (watch out though, some of them kinda drag..but overall, I thought they were good sad dramas)

cho09

Post by cho09 » Oct 12th, '06, 03:44

the one i cried more for was wonderful life... when their daughter got sick... but everything up till that point was simply hilarious... probably what makes it such an enjoyable drama to watch...

usually i dont cry when i watch k dramas unless its extremely touching... most of the time its to do with family.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Mar 8th, '07, 03:27

i LOVE dramas that make me cry

in order of amount of tears:
1. sorry i love you & autumn tale - like everyone else has said, extremely depressing
2. my girl - yes i know..comedy..but lee da hae's crying can make anyone break down into tears
3. winter sonata - ending was sooo sad! but only the ending
4. stairway to heaven - for some reason i didnt find this as sad as most people did. i only remember crying at the part when kim tae hee (evil stepsister) apologized to choi ji woo in prison. haha i know. im weird. but i just found that extremely touching. not so much the ending though. she died too silently for me to even notice
5. full house - my first ever asian drama..what can i say?

im getting ready for tree of heaven...oh boy

bebemup

Post by bebemup » Mar 8th, '07, 03:32

& goong
& full house (first korean drama i watched)
& my name is kim sam soon
& sangdoo, lets go to school

those are the only korean dramas i've watched so far but i had cried while watching all of them.. =/
well actually.. i think i had cried in every ever single drama (japanese, korean and taiwanese) i had watched so far...

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Mar 8th, '07, 08:37

i'm a person who never cried in dramas, movies, etc. but of course sometimes its just ilke i almost cry.
wonderful life- the part when eugene is crying in the canteen, because shin-bi is missing, its the part when she said "but i'm the baby's mother."
i really don't know why maybe its because she said it and acted it so emotionally

my girl- the part whe ju yoorin cried in the airport with her father, for me song hye kyo is the best actress but when it comes in crying lee da hae's acting was fantastic its like that she is really hurting inside

full house- when han ji eun said to lee you jae that from now on he mean nothing to her
part.. i really feel sorry for han ji eun in that part and you can feel from her acting that she is hurting inside.

thats it in k-dramas
but there are other shows that can also make me almost cry like the philippine show maalaala mo kaya and the american movies "the true man show" " 50 first dates" and "cast away".
well thats all :thumright:
Last edited by majing_28 on Mar 24th, '07, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Mar 9th, '07, 07:52

Sad Sonata made me cry =(

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 9th, '07, 08:20

They are a lot:

I'm sorry I love you..
snow queen..
stairway to heaven..

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 9th, '07, 08:23

No Korean drama has ever made me cry, and I've watched a few of the major tear jerkers, including Autumn Tale, Heaven's Tree and MiSa (this one was excellent, but I still didn't cry). I can't really tell you why. Maybe it's because I can only cry when people lose a family member or when it's about family love. Since most Korean dramas deal with romantic love over family love, I never felt compelled to cry.

However, 3 Japanese dramas and 1 Korean movie have made me cry.

Kamisama, mou sukoshi dake
1 Litre of Tears
and most recently, 14 Sai no Haha.

The Korean movie that made me cry was Sad Movie.

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 14th, '07, 19:04

my girl......espically when jun ki cries :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 15th, '07, 01:00

I've never cried because of a k-drama or movie either, but I have come close to tears after watching KISS - Because I'm A Girl MV.

It's pretty much the same story as in Stairway To Heaven but seems more powerful and emotional. Perhaps it was because I saw the MV first, but I didn't really feel anything during STH. It could also be because of Choi Ji Woo...she makes me feel annoyed, rather than empathetic.

Bitoy

Post by Bitoy » Mar 19th, '07, 04:07

Autumn in my Heart ! ! ! ! hu hu hu

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Mar 21st, '07, 10:39

fuLL house!! :cry:

notimeforfairytales

Post by notimeforfairytales » Mar 27th, '07, 13:14

I tend to get really emotional when I'm watching dramas. I get really into the story, and then I cry when the main characters are sad.. haha! I cried like a baby in both My Girl, Delightful Girl Choon-hyang and Goong.. and probably several other ones I can't really remember now! :cry:

nijokeem

Post by nijokeem » Apr 9th, '07, 18:56

mission wrote:There are less than don't make you cry.

But if you want angst and pain then
1. Let's Go To School, SangDoo
2. I'm sorry I Love you / MISA

I'm still having difficulty coming to terms with those two and i watched them ages ago.
I'm sorry I love you/ MISA is a very good, sad drama.
[one of my favorites, "it just keeps getting worse.. TT____TT"]

I think I'm gonna have to watch this "SangDoo"
I'm a sucker for heartache.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Feb 27th, '08, 01:08

I just finished watching MISA. episodes 1-8 were ok but after that I kept crying in every episode and I watched them all in one go. I can imagine how red my eyes are tomorrow maybe I'll be even too embarassed to leave my house. but excuse me when a little boy cries "uncle don't die" and when MoonHyuk was treated so badly all the time and that idiotic woman never found out the truth it was just too SAD!

Another drama that made cry was Sang Doo indeed but that drama is more painful than sad. I cried only in the last 2 episodes just a little bit. Though when I downloaded first episode again and was planning to watch whole drama again I just couldn't finish even the first episode cuz it was so painful. Also the main song was so sad that even after couple of months it still made me cry whenever I lsitened to it.

Well gotta admit that the ending of Sweet 18 was a bit sad, the sad scene was beautiful.

zizizi

Post by zizizi » Mar 2nd, '08, 05:15

I'm Sorry I Love You make me cry

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Mar 2nd, '08, 05:41

I'm Sorry, I Love You and Snow Queen got me hard, LOL

cherryfran

Post by cherryfran » Mar 4th, '08, 12:15

The thig that made me cry the most was a movie called
"ne sarang dorami" (my love dorami) 내 사랑 토라미
i cried a lot T.T
bye

vasou

Post by vasou » Mar 4th, '08, 20:42

i only cried in Thank you
i found sad though snow queen and spring waltz.....

the most tear jerker i think is 1 litre of tears (jdrama)

apostolai

Post by apostolai » Apr 18th, '08, 18:29

Did we really Love made me cry :(

audiodj007

thx

Post by audiodj007 » May 10th, '08, 00:26

ALL the series i have seen so far.
I am new to korean tv series and have been knocked over backwards.
At last characters i can respect not like what comes out of hollywood these days.

My girl - hurt and full house.

Just seen spring waltz that hurt in every episode. LOL.
The music touched me so and i very easily sympathized with the feelings shown.

:D :cry:

No doubt Korean drama will continue from strength to strength.
So happy i can share in it.

sukkee!!

Post by sukkee!! » May 10th, '08, 00:46

green rose
MISA
save your last dance for me

only the serious play drama can make me cry
the romantic comedy series only if i have time to watch them..but never cry..

xvannie

Post by xvannie » May 10th, '08, 01:09

for kdramas: thank you & stairway to heaven & im sorry i love you! D:

imbestigador

Post by imbestigador » Jul 19th, '08, 14:49

The Sandglass Made me Cry Like a river....

But Eyes of Dawn was the Most Depressing and the Most Disturbing...I didn't eat for a couple of Days after watching its Fourth Episode!

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 20th, '08, 06:05

I must say... Hwang Jin Yi four times! Gawd damn. The three deaths plus the dance in front of the king. Of course, I binged on Hwang Jin Yi (only took me 3 days to watch) so I guess I was in the moment(s).

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 20th, '08, 06:06

deleted
Last edited by ackirom on Jul 20th, '08, 20:38, edited 2 times in total.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 20th, '08, 06:06

deleted

*sorry for the triple post*
Last edited by ackirom on Jul 20th, '08, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 20th, '08, 06:43

There are so many that made me cry, LOL. I'm a cryer. D;

Lets see...

I'm Sorry, I Love You, Exhibition of Fireworks, Lovers in Paris, Lovers, Lovers in Prague, Soulmate, Wonderful Life, Autumn Tale, Winter Sonata, Dae Jang Geum. A few more but I'm a little embarrassed to mention. LOL.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 21st, '08, 16:30

Well I probably get too emotional when I watch dramas and get attached to the characters. These are my top ranks:

1. I’m Sorry I Love You (after episode 6+ I felt like sobbing because the main leads were just so painful to watch.)

2. Hello God (Heck I read the book first and already thought that was sad, so with the King of all sad Dramas (K-dramas) this one had me crying for the stupid turned genius guy in every episode)

4. Thank You (Seeing the little girl smiling without really knowing what's to come)

5. Hong Gil Dong (ahh when Yi Nok and Gil Dong couldn't be together :cry: )

6. Full House (well it's supposed to be funny, but when Bi and Song Hae Gyo had their teary moments, I got teary eyed with them) ,

6. My Girl (when Yurin broke down in the airport, I was amazed with her acting and dang I sobbed my eyes out, are Korean parents that terrible?!!)

7. Delightful Girl Choon Hyang (Jae Hee had mostly funny moments especially with his faces but when he cried, it's hard not to feel sad too)

8.Let's Go To School Sang Doo (
after finding out that the little girl wasn't his to begin with but spent most of his life raising the girl and paying for her medicine, who wouldn't cry on that part
)

9. Dae Jang Geum / Jumong (of course when the main leads couldn't be together, its torture)

10. Ruler of Your Own World (the ending was sweet and sad)

Well I've seen a lot of other sad dramas, but overdramatic stuff just doesn't make me cry because it's too unrealistic. I mean most of the "sad" parts were caused by their own stupidity or just not "talking" to the other person properly. I really hate unnecessary dialogues (or lack thereof). Also Koreans should really stop with this cliche death by illness, or loss of memory because of car accident or going blind.

iloovetaemin

Post by iloovetaemin » Aug 2nd, '10, 02:11

Boys over Flowers actually made me cry like a baby whenever bad or really happy things happened. Maybe because I related to the characters, and love them all. V___V

craver06

Post by craver06 » Aug 2nd, '10, 06:12

List of korean dramas that made me cry........
1. A rosy life
2. Stairway to heaven
3. Wonderful life
4. Endless love winter sonata
5. Irene
6. Endless love autoum
7. Brilliant Legacy a.k.a shining inheritance
8. East of Eden

and so much more.........

pokkoman

Post by pokkoman » Aug 6th, '10, 19:12

Of coz it was Autumn's Tale..I drain gallons of tears, but this drama makes me more loving person I love..

NicoleChan

Post by NicoleChan » Jan 23rd, '11, 19:58

A Moment To Remember, that made me cry. c:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 23rd, '11, 21:21

I have never really cried but I have had a bit teary eye.

Sorry I love you,
Soulmate,
The Devil,
Save The Last Dance,
One Fine Day,
My Girl,
A Love To Kill
Goong.

I may not remember correctly, but I think these were the dramas whene you could feel sad at certain moments.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 23rd, '11, 22:02

Almost hate to say that I don't cry at dramas or movies anymore. There are some scenes in some dramas that make me feel the emotions very clearly. For example in MISA when Ji Sub kneels out in the garden as he watches his mother through the large windows and he bows to her and she does not even know he is there. Very full of meaning and really tells the story of his life right there.

Then in Hwang Jini I was extremely sad when the older dancer and teacher went to the cliffs and danced her final dance all alone in that white costume, and then fell while the white cranes were flying around and she almost seemed to float down among them to the shore below. I think that was such a wonderful scene so well directed, and the
cinematography was perfection.

It proves that a film/drama is the work of the director in the end. He works the story and uses his actors and edits what he gets and makes a masterpiece or a flop.
Last edited by Peggy on Feb 28th, '11, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

gljangel

Post by gljangel » Feb 23rd, '11, 22:20

OMG - there are quite a few but I probably cry easily

Sorry, I love you
Iris,
The Devil
Love Letter (an old one)
Resurrection
Thank you
Hour of Dog and Wolf

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 23rd, '11, 22:33

I didn't cry in the real sad drama but in others for few sad moments like Goong and Delightful Girl Choon Hyang T_T

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 24th, '11, 00:04

:-) Chaos,

It seems to me that it is the odd scene here and there that catches you by the throat
and sharply turns on the emotion. I don't think that a drama or film that sets out to be sad and super dramatic is going to get you in that way. I can remember scenes, but I can forget parts of a drama or film. Therefore it seems to me that there is something very special about the way an actor knows, or is told, how to present words and play the scene.
The true human emotion comes from being shown an even truer emotion from the actor and director presenting a fictional tale in the way that gets through to you. It really doesn't matter if it is to make you weep or laugh your head off. It has to seem real to you.
It's all very interesting and I admire actors who can stoke up the fires like that.

miri31

Post by miri31 » May 9th, '11, 23:53

can you hear my heart
that made me cry in just the first few episodes!! it was so good :cry:

japmac01

SAD KOREAN DRAMA

Post by japmac01 » May 22nd, '11, 13:09

God of Study

...im a guy...and i literally brawled my eyes out

AdyE

Post by AdyE » Sep 1st, '11, 08:27

The ones that really made me cry were Iljimae,Goong, 49 Days,IRIS and that's about it...YET:))

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 24th, '11, 18:00

As I told before, ''Thank you''.
But nearly the end of Capital Scandal, a little something - dust maybe - got in to my eyes...

zendebadIran

Post by zendebadIran » Oct 17th, '11, 18:53

i had tear in my eyes in Sad Sonata several times. Whenever Kwon sang woo cried, I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 17th, '11, 19:21

zendebadIran wrote:i had tear in my eyes in Sad Sonata several times. Whenever Kwon sang woo cried, I had tears rolling down my cheeks.
Try A Love To Kill. I have heard stories that few girls cried so much that they got a headache and they couldn't even finish the series. :DD The drama is brilliant(up to 13th episode) just... perfect.., I've watched it like 4 or 5 times and still love it(again, up to 13th episode) but I didn't cry or anything even when I watched it for the first time.

zendebadIran

Post by zendebadIran » Oct 17th, '11, 23:35

Neliets wrote:
zendebadIran wrote:i had tear in my eyes in Sad Sonata several times. Whenever Kwon sang woo cried, I had tears rolling down my cheeks.
Try A Love To Kill. I have heard stories that few girls cried so much that they got a headache and they couldn't even finish the series. :DD The drama is brilliant(up to 13th episode) just... perfect.., I've watched it like 4 or 5 times and still love it(again, up to 13th episode) but I didn't cry or anything even when I watched it for the first time.
i have seen a love to kill. i have even translated the subs to farsi, my mother tongue. and i did have tears in my eyes. but with Kwon sang woo it's different. lucky his wife! u know what i mean. right?

ps: u won't know what i mean! u r a man! of course u wouldn't cry! Boys don't cry now, do they?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 18th, '11, 04:11

zendebadIran wrote:
Neliets wrote:
i have seen a love to kill. i have even translated the subs to farsi, my mother tongue. and i did have tears in my eyes. but with Kwon sang woo it's different. lucky his wife! u know what i mean. right?

ps: u won't know what i mean! u r a man! of course u wouldn't cry! Boys don't cry now, do they?
I can't speak for every guy but I don't. I could feel sad but that's pretty much all.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Oct 18th, '11, 05:06

hmmm... I don't watch a whole lot of sad dramas as I prefer a happy ending but the ones I saw that made me cry were I'm sorry, I love you, Cinderella's sister(didn't like this one after the first few episodes but it did make me cry) and who are you?that's all the k-dramas I can remember but 2 j-dramas that made me cry are koizora and Last Friends(this one hit me hard it seemed so real and more tragic because of this. I think I also cried at a million stars falling from the sky, 14-sai no haha and can't remember the Japanese name but it's english name is God, please give me more time. I tend to cry when it has to do with a young person suffering from a fatal disease or a father-daughter relationship(doesn't even have to be a death,just a touching moment. I cry every time I watch the movie Father of the bride)

fatemeh_31358
Deactivated

Post by fatemeh_31358 » Oct 18th, '11, 08:41

:lol
Last edited by fatemeh_31358 on Oct 18th, '11, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

fatemeh_31358
Deactivated

Post by fatemeh_31358 » Oct 18th, '11, 08:50

:lol

hirmah

Post by hirmah » Nov 28th, '11, 17:32

hi...a lot drama make me cry...i cry a lot with this drama
Gumiho: Tale of the Fox's Child (its start sad when gumiho child dead)

Sny

Post by Sny » Nov 28th, '11, 18:05

Autumn tale and Scent of a Woman.... got me really good.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 5th, '11, 11:13

Not really cried, but had teary eyes in Scent of a Woman and in one scene in one of the last few episodes of SG.

seobts02

Post by seobts02 » Dec 21st, '11, 08:04

Glass shoes. If you haven't seen this film, please see it Very motivated and you will cry in the end. I love all 2 main actors, they are very manly and cool. The content of the film is also humanly.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Dec 21st, '11, 09:17

My list are
Autumn in my Heart
Full House - episode 13 only
Thank you
49 Days
Scent of a Woman

ladymoi14

Post by ladymoi14 » Dec 21st, '11, 10:18

1. Autumn in My heart
2. Autumn Shower
3. Bittersweet Life
4. I'm Sorry I Love You
5. Stairway To Heaven

RAV4-07

Post by RAV4-07 » Apr 17th, '12, 07:37

Yes, I only start to wacth korean movies and drama and find out that they are all good and fantastic. make you laugh & cry. already got addict . lol :wub:

alexk777

Post by alexk777 » Dec 22nd, '13, 01:54

Secret 2013