What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Sep 22nd, '08, 01:16

I'll probably be hated for this but...Coffee Prince AFTER the guy found out she was a girl (I'm crud at names, apologies). After he found out and accepted it, the new drama was whether he would stay in Korea or not, and that just felt draggy. I really like the relationship of the two friends and I have only two episodes left until I'm done. But eugh. It's just draggy after that. The drama was tense before and during when he found out, and I got emotional when she was at his door and he shut it on her.

konaxis

Post by konaxis » Sep 28th, '08, 17:48

Jang Geum!

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 28th, '08, 21:03

I am Sam was horrible

Auntie Mame

Post by Auntie Mame » Oct 6th, '08, 05:00

My ultimate worst was: "Bad Love" (3). Everything in this drama was absolutely ridiculous ... from start to finish.

If I had been the actresses playing the role of the mother and adult daughter, I would have gone on strike against all the stupid "evil" deeds the writers manufacture for them to do. Either that or sued the heck out of the production company for mental and physical stress because of having do those stupid things!

And, don't even mention the acting. All one woman did was scream her lines... like she was an inmate in an insane asylum. The worst was the female lead. She would slowly drag her feet two steps and then sigh 30 times because of the unresolved love triangle. This went on, multiple times, in every episode for 20 episodes. They didn't even have to write dialog for her. Walk and sigh, walk and sigh, walk and sigh.... ad infinitum. If she had collected a dollar for every sigh, she would have been be a millionaire.

Kim Sung Soo had one of the most miserable role of all times. The only light at the end of his character's tunnel was death, which was better than living his life. The only good thing about this drama was Kwong Sang Woo. But, even his looks and talent couldn't bring this travesty out of the pits of hell. They really jinxed this drama by naming it, "Bad Love" because it was really, really, really BAD!

The second worst was Witch Yoo Hee (2). The first few episodes were okay. After that , the writers must have gone to lunch and never returned. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason to the story. Fast forward every episode and you would have missed nothing. The only thing memorable was that I didn't remember the ending ... and didn't care.

tourette

Post by tourette » Oct 8th, '08, 14:24

those are probably not the worst since a lot of people enjoyed them but i recently made some wrong choices at beginning new kdramas. to put it simple, i just couldn't finish them. so far, Goong being the exception, i manage to finish and enjoy all the dramas i started but, am i sick of it or bored, now, i barely succeed.
Crazy For You, Sweet18, 9end2out, Layers of Great Republic of Korea, 3 dads 1 mon, Women in the Sun, Beethoveen Virus and what i consider the worst start of a kdrama : San-Doo, Let's go to school (i couldn't watch more than 30min!); and finally, East of Eden digging its own grave just as i write...
now, i am wondering about giving Spotlight an other chance too because Son Yeh Jin knows how to act but the script is just dull (with the worst "villain" ever).

Hamowangsta

Not dat i remember

Post by Hamowangsta » Oct 8th, '08, 20:39

:thumright: well perhaps there are some Korean movies that are not good or unpleasant, but not that i remember watching...

wel the majority of the Korean Series and Movies are a must see, and ill rate it straight A's...
danx

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Oct 15th, '08, 22:14

3. Soulmate (Dunno whats up with the hype on this one. All the characters do in this is talk to each other about dating, love, etc. what a waste of my life. I stopped on the 3 ep.)

2. Goong (Lmao. MOST OVERATED GARBAGE. Had great potential but failed completely.)

1. Sweet18 (It's a joke. The basic concept was good but after they gave into each other its like wtf?!?!! No story at all after that.)

yeah, im sure theres much worse than these, however i had to do my ranting. . . :cussing:

azntina

Post by azntina » Oct 17th, '08, 19:16

I think the worst K dramas are:

1. Witch Yoo Hee
2. Vineyard Man
3. Summer Scent (wat's up with the beating heart?? too unrelastic)
4. Coffee Prince
5. Bad Love

Yessy89

Post by Yessy89 » Nov 6th, '08, 03:21

so far none! But I that is cause people tell me what is good and what isn't! Like I thought I was going to hate 'Who Are You?' but I ACTUALLY loved it! It was super funny! I hope that I never see one that I might hate though... :D

kitty_1434456

Post by kitty_1434456 » Nov 8th, '08, 11:35

WORST DRAMAS:

(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

MEMORIES OF BALI
SPRING WALTZ
ONE MOM, THREE DADS
WHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM

IM SORRY TO THE FANS OF THOSE DRAMAS BUT ITS JUST I DIDN'T LIKE IT!

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Nov 9th, '08, 14:14

kitty_1434456 wrote:WORST DRAMAS:

(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

MEMORIES OF BALI
SPRING WALTZ
ONE MOM, THREE DADS
WHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM

IM SORRY TO THE FANS OF THOSE DRAMAS BUT ITS JUST I DIDN'T LIKE IT!
are you serious? three dads one mom was way to good.
and spring waltz was at least good enough :)
try watching them again lol

Hamowangsta

Post by Hamowangsta » Nov 12th, '08, 01:10

wel da worst drama ive seen is
"A Love to Kill....its hella melodramatic...."

wel hope i ddnt stir up dissention with the fans of such drama....but its just dat i ddnt like it

fanx.... :D

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Nov 15th, '08, 09:32

Witch yoo hee was a definite waste of time, that yoo hee is super annoying, the male lead is stupid, and whoever came up with the storyline must have been sleeping on the job!

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Nov 20th, '08, 12:57

Witch yoo hee (managed to get through half of the episodes, but failed to understand what it was about)
Exhibition of fireworks (stupid drama, watched only because of Kang Ji Hwan)
Beethoven virus (i know it has high ratings, but it is soo awfuly boring although I usually like classical music)
Soulmate (not a single decent actor in this one)

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Nov 22nd, '08, 02:06

3. Lovers in Paris
2. Only You
1. Loving You

AndLoveYelledNO

Post by AndLoveYelledNO » Dec 29th, '08, 04:20

1. Queen of the Game
2. Bad Love
3. Full House
4. Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
5. Sorry I love you

thuQthai

Post by thuQthai » Jun 1st, '11, 06:23

i'd have to agree, Thousand Years of Love was pretty much pointless. I watched it because I fell in love with So Ji Sup in I'm Sorry, I Love You (for an oldie cliche drama, I think the acting was pretty good for those who didn't like it). I don't even remember the plot of TYOL, the acting was indeed horrible, the plot was weak, the drama itself had no structure to really get anyone to watch pass the first episode. Which is why I wonder how I got through all of them... lol was one of the dramas I watched earlier in my start of being an d-addict so I had a mindset of finishing a drama all the way through.

Bad Love. Oh Bad Love, how you were so Bad. Sorry to the KSW fans, he's got a hot bod and all, but I think it's time to retire from the overly melodramatic crying scenes and leave them in his scenes in Stairway to Heaven. I'm sorry but this drama made me hate Lee Yo Won, her character was so damn annoying with the disease and the I-can't-be-with-you-because-of-my-past and all that mumbo jumbo. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the cliche dramas, but you have to execute it in a way that is at least tolerable. Every scene to me was pretty much predictable and the plot was just really boring in itself. Basically nothing we've never seen before.

Hello! Miss, I don't want to bash on this drama because I've always adored Lee Da Hae since the My Girl days, and I have to say that while Robbers wasn't the best drama anyone would watch, but her acting wasn't bad. However, Hello! Miss.... I'd have to say I don't remember one bit of it. And it takes me a lot to not even remember a slight jist of what the plot was. To be honest, all I took from this drama was that you call young ladies 'agassi'.

Mischievous Kiss. I wouldn't say this drama was terribly bad because I did enjoy the Taiwanese version so much that it did help in watching the korean version. First off, this has probably been mentioned already but the main female lead reminds me a lot of YEH, especially when they both played similar characters from Goong and Michevious Kiss (not to mention starring the same actor that played the father for both). I actually think Jung So Min did a considerably good job playing 'Oh Ha Ni' or more familiarly known to me as 'Xiang Qin', seeing as though this was her first lead role. What really lost me with this drama was Kim Hyun Joong's acting. I'm sorry girls, I love him as an entertainer and as an idol, but either he should stop acting or may be try smaller roles to improve his acting. The kissing scene near the end of this drama was so excruciatingly difficult for me to watch as it felt sooo.... Awkward. Yes, Awkward. Awkward would be the word to describe KHJ's acting. The same goes to his acting in BOF. I don't know, is it only me that thinks he can't really act?

My Love Patzzi, pretty old drama. I adore all the main actors/actresses but this is a drama you could probably live without.

I Love You (Saranghae) . Why did they waste such a great cast on this drama? Seo Ji Hye's acting was so bad that it made me forget that I did actually once liked her in Over the Rainbow.

And then there was Super Rookie. This drama actually wasn't TOO bad. When I was going through all the dramas I watched, I definitely remembered Eric played the male lead but I couldn't for the love of god remember who the female lead was. And then I saw it was Han Ga In. There is a reason why I didn't remember her. Her role in this drama was honestly not that memorable. The plot wasn't either. All I remember was Eric was accepted into a prestigious business company due to an error of test results. Ya... pretty much it. Eric is cute. But if you like him, I'd say watch Que Sera Sera (his acting is 1000000x better and he is 1000000x hotter in here too) or even try Strongest Chil Woo (was aiiiight) but definitely just skip this one.

Three Dads, One Mom. Another drama that wasted a stellar cast being Eugene, Jae Hee, and Jo Hyun Jae. The baby in this drama was the only thing that kept me going because damn was it the most cutest thing. You know how dramas are supposed to have an underlying lesson (ex. Tough love perseveres, Don't judge a book by its cover, Little lies turn into bigger lies)... well this drama, I think what happen was the writers panicked and didn't know how to end it so they ended it exactly the way they started it. Barely no character development, and if there was, it was so weak that there was no point in even continuing the story. Eugene, hopefully your choice in future dramas will be a little more pleasing than this one.

[/img]

temporaryinsanit

Shining Inheritance

Post by temporaryinsanit » Jun 14th, '11, 03:45

Shining Inheritance! I know this is a fave by many but I have still to finish this drama. I don't want to say it's terrible since I haven't finished it and maybe it's because I'm still in the early stage with the drama (Ep. 6) but I can't watch it unless I have absolutely nothing to do! to this day it is the only K-Drama I can't seem to finish! Another one which I watched all of it but thought it sucked was Style! "What the hell was that about!," is what I thought when I finished it!

jura

Post by jura » Jun 19th, '11, 08:21

I really think that time and the number of drama you have watched affect your opinion. 7 years ago I liked every drama because it was all so new to me. You find some flaws but my obsession with k-drama was bigger. I understand that some people can like Stairway to Heaven^^

My dislike list:
Creating Destiny - I only liked Eugene and her partner. I read a few weeks ago that they are engaged in real life. Maybe that's the reason I sticked to this mess?! I knew somehow ;p

Princess Lulu - It's predictable and dragging but I wanted to know how it ends. As if I didn't know...

Mary stayed out all Night - I'm still sad and don't want to talk about this wreck

There are more but I will take them to my grave
sorry for any mistakes. no good english :D

x_Sarang_x

Post by x_Sarang_x » Jul 27th, '11, 19:00

I'm still kinda a newbie to dramas,,, but so far, the worst Korean drama I've seen is 'Personal Taste'. I mean, I was really excited to see it because Lee Min Ho was in it( * 3 * ) But I was sooooooooooo bored. There were a couple times I would start to get really into it, but it only lasted for 5 minutes at the most. xD So pretty much, the only highlight of this drama was seeing Lee Min Ho. ahaha It wasn't a horrible drama, but the storyline just wasn't all that interesting to me most of the time, I guess. =/

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 27th, '11, 19:25

My Girl >___>

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 27th, '11, 19:50

I usually stop watching if something seems to be really bad, so I guess there aren't that many bad ones that I've seen for more than one episode. But there's this one total trainwreck of a drama I finished for no good reason whatsoever. Maybe I foolishly thought it might end well.

Que Sera Sera. Makes you want to slap silly everyone involved with the show in anyway.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 28th, '11, 17:25

Mary Me Mary, Sweet 18, Playful Kiss.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Jul 28th, '11, 18:57

SSpiegel wrote:Que Sera Sera. Makes you want to slap silly everyone involved with the show in anyway.
:D :D :D :D
OMG SSpegel. I fell off my chair with your comment. lol

zeizei

Post by zeizei » Jul 28th, '11, 19:48

Marry me Mary, I'm still trying to forget some scenes

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Aug 2nd, '11, 17:07

Personal Taste.

Just horrible. Plain horrible.
All the melodrama was pissing me off.

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Aug 8th, '11, 23:34

Jazzapple wrote:Personal Taste.

Just horrible. Plain horrible.
I tottaly agree with you :thumright:
other dramas to add:
Playful kiss-no comment
A love to kill - What happens when you put many stupid characters together-lousy melodrama
Magic..

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 8th, '11, 23:54

zeizei wrote:Marry me Mary, I'm still trying to forget some scenes
:lol I know exactly what you mean. same here.
I never finish a drama that in my mind I think it's bad/crap. I always end up dropping them. amongst those dramas
My Girl
Mary me Mary (it was a terrifying times till ep9 where I just had enough)
My Princess
The Legend( dropped after one 1ep because of most annoying performance by LJA)
One Mom Three dads
Kim SooRo (dropped near the end)

I'm sure there are more on the list, I just can't remember now.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Sep 13th, '11, 13:11

Sticking only to the ones I actually finished, I would have to say My Sweet Seoul, boring just boring, and Sweet Spy which probably wouldn't have been too bad if they had have cast somebody else instead of Dennis Oh, he took being dull to a whole new level (I don't think he was acting).

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 24th, '11, 16:33

Full House - Boring - boring - BORING !!!!
Style - at first was average, but nearly the end was awful!
Hateful but once again - I slept.
Mischievious kiss - no matter how hard the '''Oh Ha ni'' tried , the wooden co-star (sorry to the fans) just ruined the series, which as a plot, wasn't bad (loved the TW)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 24th, '11, 16:37

I actually loved Full House but.. Well, do you have to have finished a show to say it's the worst? Cause some were just....
They have come pretty close. BOF, Mary Me, Marry, 49 Days (for the ending alone), Shining Idiocy. I mean Inheritance.

Hmm. Getting deja vu. Have I talked about these before or do I whine so much I've whined about em elsewhere? XD

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 24th, '11, 16:42

Orion1986 wrote:I actually loved Full House but.. Well, do you have to have finished a show to say it's the worst? Cause some were just....
They have come pretty close. BOF, Mary Me, Marry, 49 Days (for the ending alone), Shining Idiocy. I mean Inheritance.

Hmm. Getting deja vu. Have I talked about these before or do I whine so much I've whined about em elsewhere? XD
Back in the days where I first saw Full house, I thought is was simply ok. Second time I watched (yes, memory is NOT my strong feature) I was like '' Boring, ff, boring, ff''

BoF was idiotic, but somehow, it's not the worst (gets close tho) . Mary Me, marry! Ohhhhh yes, I forgot that maybe because... I couldn't finish!

:crazy:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 24th, '11, 16:51

I could only watch until episode 3 or so. Had enough of Jang licking his hands like a p***y(cat). My God. What a train-wreck of a series.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 24th, '11, 17:04

Orion1986 wrote:I could only watch until episode 3 or so. Had enough of Jang licking his hands like a p***y(cat). My God. What a train-wreck of a series.
please do not remind me of watching that horror show. I have managed to erase that image from my memory and now is fresh again. :doh: I guess he was practising for "My Pet"

and that scenes of his S line. ewww, i thnk i am going to be sick :pale:

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 24th, '11, 17:55

It's definitely Boys Over Flowers. But Personal Taste and Lie to me disappointed me even more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 24th, '11, 18:04

I think Bury Me Mary belongs to a separated category:
masterpiece-great-good-watchable-mediocre-bad-horrible-MMM.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 24th, '11, 21:26

Oh and Issy, don't forget the "water torture" scene. :mrgreen:

For me:
Marry Me Mary
1 Percent of Anything (couldn't finish)
Witch Amusement
Boys Over Flowers (couldn't finish)
Fantasy Couple (couldn't finish)

And maybe also Goong S (couldn't finish), Soulmate & You've Fallen for Me. But they're not even close to the ones above.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 12th, '11, 11:11

Warrior Baek Dongsu is being added to the list. Didn't bother to even finish this.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 12th, '11, 19:11

Viande wrote:Oh and Issy, don't forget the "water torture" scene. :mrgreen:

For me:
Marry Me Mary
1 Percent of Anything (couldn't finish)
Witch Amusement
Boys Over Flowers (couldn't finish)
Fantasy Couple (couldn't finish)

And maybe also Goong S (couldn't finish), Soulmate & You've Fallen for Me. But they're not even close to the ones above.
I enjoyed Whitch Amusement quite a lot, actaully. I've seen it twice. And Fantasy Couple wasn't bad at all. Soulmate was quite boring but it had something in it, that felt different.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 5th, '11, 11:47

Is there actually a human being her in this forum, who finished MMM? Or finished it without taking a lot of drugs and alcohol and enjoyed it? I never read a commend, that MMM is good^^. I for my part still don't know how it could have earned so many awards...

For me i have to say that the worst dramas for me were:
MMM
BoF
Come back Soon-Ae
Marrying a Millionaire

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 5th, '11, 16:26

Silverman wrote:I never read a commend, that MMM is good^^.
Ask any eel, you'll get your dose of "kyaa, awesome, flawless and masterpiece right above "Iliad" (although not sure if any of eels ever heard of tht ancient book :mrgreen: )

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 5th, '11, 16:41

Silverman wrote:Is there actually a human being her in this forum, who finished MMM? Or finished it without taking a lot of drugs and alcohol and enjoyed it? I never read a commend, that MMM is good^^. I for my part still don't know how it could have earned so many awards...
You should read recommend kdrama thread then. :whistling:
I know people have different taste and stuff. but honestly MMM??? which part of it is the good part?

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 5th, '11, 17:14

I watched it and didn't use any drugs! 8) But it was horrible and I don't recommend it to anyone. :lol (Well, if you like JGS fanservice without any plot, it's for you.)

bluchan

Post by bluchan » Dec 5th, '11, 18:39

In the list of the worst are:

- Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (dropped at 3rd ep)----> The "plot" is non-existent (or at least I can describe it as ridiculous) and the characters are cartoonish, pretty faces are not enough to make a good drama.

- Coffee House

- Romance Town (dropped) ----> The history of the lottery ticket AND the ahjummas

- Lie to me (dropped)

- Marry me Mary (dropped) ---> JGS looked like a street-rocker-crazy ahjumma.

- You've Fallen for Me / Heartstrings (dropped)

- Warrior Baek Dong Soo (starts well but then goes from bad to worse)

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 6th, '11, 01:24

Silverman wrote:Is there actually a human being her in this forum, who finished MMM?
I question whether or not I actually finished watching that show because I don't remember anything about it. :mrgreen: I just remember that Moon Geun Young was in it.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Dec 7th, '11, 23:16

1 Sweet Spy
2 The Painter Of Wind
3 My Sweet Seoul

I probably wouldn't have had TPOW in there as I was enjoying at first but it was the one that made me realise how much I hate the world's worst actor Park Shin Yang (actually tbh Will Ferrell is worse but as he is never going to appear in anything I'm ever going to want to watch, I don't count that cunt).

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Dec 9th, '11, 17:01

Jav_sol wrote:
Silverman wrote:Is there actually a human being her in this forum, who finished MMM?
I question whether or not I actually finished watching that show because I don't remember anything about it. :mrgreen: I just remember that Moon Geun Young was in it.
Hahaha I did finish it! And well I´m too open-minded to bash about it. There were times when it was just so "*** can´t you be normal for a bit!!!" moments, but overall I ended up enjoying it. It was different (in a good way) from other korean dramas that I have seen. The thing I loved most about the drama was that the main girl wasn´t the "lovey-dovey I love him so much" - instead she was the one whose original plan was to go through
the fake-marriage, clear all of her father´s debts, go back to the university and send both of the guys to **** themselves.
To enjoy it you just have to ignore JGS´s hair-do and the stubidity of the both male leads.
And the fact that all the parents are the biggest basterds ever. and of course MGY´s awful hair!!!! Well that´s a lot to ignore... no wonder it´s difficult to finish it..

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 9th, '11, 17:33

bluchan wrote:In the list of the worst are:

- Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (dropped at 3rd ep)----> The "plot" is non-existent (or at least I can describe it as ridiculous) and the characters are cartoonish, pretty faces are not enough to make a good drama.
after 10 eps I am starting to feel the same. 1st ep was dead boring and did not know to keep or drop but after some reviews got back only to get bored more and more by each ep. for a first time, I am totally hating JIW's character in a drama because I just can't my head around it. his acting is poor and over the top most of times and the character is just so annoying.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 9th, '11, 17:38

Sad to say, i dropped that too at ep 6. Feel sorry for cute dongsaeng, but but...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 9th, '11, 17:58

Me too,dropped it at ep10 ! The characters became so boring and annoying!

Hamlet

Post by Hamlet » Dec 20th, '11, 09:57

Winter Sonata - I couldn't get past the firsts episodes, Bae Yong Joon is utterly boringggggggg ZzZz and not that handsome (yeah, I'm shallow)

The World They Live In- I didn't like it that much, there was no chemistry whatsoever between the leads (funny enough is that they were dating in real life)

Mary Stayed Out All Night- one word : annoying...I don't like Moon Geun Young's acting.Period.

Autumn's Tale
- boring.

toenail

Post by toenail » Jan 21st, '12, 07:28

Personal Taste - she's is annoying, he has wooden face.

But then there are a lot of dramas that I can't remember because they are not interesting. So probably Personal Taste is not the worst, just too annoying that it sticks.

I love Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Sun Gyun, they are very good actors. But I struggled to finish Pasta. The story is so so, and about 90% of it in the same kitchen, boring. Were the actors under GHJ and LSG's calibre, it would have been Rotten Pasta.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Feb 20th, '12, 03:47

I started "The greatest love" and "My Princess" and stopped watching both after 3 episodes because the writing, the story and the characters are SO bad....

changmi1218

Post by changmi1218 » Apr 20th, '12, 04:11

Last edited by changmi1218 on Nov 30th, '12, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 21st, '12, 00:58

changmi1218 wrote:I
I don't like cliche, however I do like romantic, comedy dramas that are not as predictable and more realistic.
Kdramaland is not for you then ! :whistling: