The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Jorchking
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Postby Jorchking » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

ghgh123 wrote:Clubbox only works for me with a Korean SOCKS proxy, the downloads won't move otherwise. That means they probably banned the overseas traffic. The overseas registration still works, so that might be temporary.


But my friend of Chile download OK, but I have problems sometimes stop in 0kbps for a long time T.T

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 12708
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm
Contact:

Postby Ethlenn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:03 pm

That might mean the clubbox from which you download is inactive. I just checked and I could download just fine.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Jorchking
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Postby Jorchking » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Ethlenn wrote:That might mean the clubbox from which you download is inactive. I just checked and I could download just fine.


Is necessary to have utorrent and download stop?

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 12708
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm
Contact:

Postby Ethlenn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm

No, it doesn't have any effect. You can boost up your speed by changing mileage points to unlimited transfer (1000 points - 1 Gb) but this is useless if the file doesn't download at all and stays at 0%.
Clubbox operates with somewhat paralel bandwidth downloading all to your virtual HD (2ndrive, you have to install it) and then to your HDD. I can run torrents and Clubbox at the same time.
Image

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Jorchking
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Postby Jorchking » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Ethlenn wrote:No, it doesn't have any effect. You can boost up your speed by changing mileage points to unlimited transfer (1000 points - 1 Gb) but this is useless if the file doesn't download at all and stays at 0%.
Clubbox operates with somewhat paralel bandwidth downloading all to your virtual HD (2ndrive, you have to install it) and then to your HDD. I can run torrents and Clubbox at the same time.


I have the 2ndDrive installed, but now how can I do work with clubbox?
when I tick the box in "Save the downloaded files in 2ndrive" don't work.

Image

aliveaive
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Postby aliveaive » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Nice to meet you everyone. I have a problem when I tried to download , it said i need to install zmlauncher and i installed it but still cannot download. Allso i cannot install clubbox. Any help ? thank![/img]
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.03 KiB) Viewed 15344 times

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 12708
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm
Contact:

Postby Ethlenn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 am

@Jorchking: I decided to give up synching 2nDrive with Clubbox, I even turn it off all the time, even when I run Clubbox. Lately I checked and after two updates, Clubbox works as before (but somehow my hardly earned 50k mileage points vanished), files can be downloaded, some faster some painfully slow, but it works for me. :salut:


Update: you CANNOT store files from SBS, KBS, MBC on 2ndrive!
Image

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

sugar_snow
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am

Postby sugar_snow » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 am

Hello all, I really want to download 450p hanrel of the moon that embraces the sun from clubbox (episode 19 and 20). I found 4 clubboxes that provide the files but unfortunately I can't download them all because it said something about KBS, SBS, MBC thinghy. I don't understand it but I assume that KBS, SBS, and MBC don't allow sharing drama anymore. But something that bugs me is, some clubboxes still share new dramas which means there's other way to download it from clubbox. Is there something that I can do to download the drama? Maybe change proxy or something? Thanks a bunch for your help <3

User avatar
Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1522
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am
Location: Russia

Postby Avallac'h » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 am

Hello.
I am trying to join clubbox - http://clubbox.co.kr/mayaya0917
Image
It claims I need to put a password.
Does anyone have any idea how can I get password?
Looking for volunteers, who want to transcribe subtitles for some old dramas. (Yonigeya Honpo, Sweet Home and others)
More details here.
My uploads.
Crowdfunding project to get old doramas

User avatar
RetroHelix
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Germany

Postby RetroHelix » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Avallac'h wrote:Hello.
I am trying to join clubbox - http://clubbox.co.kr/mayaya0917
Image
It claims I need to put a password.
Does anyone have any idea how can I get password?

This reply comes a bit late but anyway:
You can ask to get access here i think:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Its at the bottom of the site.

Jorchking
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Postby Jorchking » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 am

Ethlenn wrote:@Jorchking: I decided to give up synching 2nDrive with Clubbox, I even turn it off all the time, even when I run Clubbox. Lately I checked and after two updates, Clubbox works as before (but somehow my hardly earned 50k mileage points vanished), files can be downloaded, some faster some painfully slow, but it works for me. :salut:


Update: you CANNOT store files from SBS, KBS, MBC on 2ndrive!


Do you know how to preserve download list on clubbox after reboot the pc? Ever the Download list dissapear.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 12708
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:16 pm
Contact:

Postby Ethlenn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:46 am

Sadly no, but those files are partially downloaded (those who started to download of course) on your HD, so this is what I was doing (a hard way): go to Clubbox download. If the system saved them in Korean/Japanese/Chinese name, fine, but most likely not only some &*&^^%%$# Ep 21 name. If the name is OK, copy paste to Clubbox search on website, if not, open notepad, copy paste those &^%%^$%$ and save, open in Firefox (my case), -->view-->character encoding-->Korean/Japanese/chinese and you'll get the name of the file you were downloading. Copy paste to clubbox search and redownload. It will restart at the % you left.
Image

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Jorchking
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Postby Jorchking » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Ethlenn wrote:Sadly no, but those files are partially downloaded (those who started to download of course) on your HD, so this is what I was doing (a hard way): go to Clubbox download. If the system saved them in Korean/Japanese/Chinese name, fine, but most likely not only some &*&^^%%$# Ep 21 name. If the name is OK, copy paste to Clubbox search on website, if not, open notepad, copy paste those &^%%^$%$ and save, open in Firefox (my case), -->view-->character encoding-->Korean/Japanese/chinese and you'll get the name of the file you were downloading. Copy paste to clubbox search and redownload. It will restart at the % you left.


Oh yes I didn't know about the character encoding, there is not a way to, see Clubbox Korean characters fine?

Thank you again

fujiwara0401
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:54 am

Postby fujiwara0401 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:06 am

Hi! I have some problem with clubbox file, so i wanna ask for help :__:

Those file i wanna download have the green leaf icon in the start of it's name. Here is the picture of this file.

Image

Then when i click to download button. A notice box pop out. And i can understand a liitle that this file belong to those TV stations like KBS, SBS or MBC . Here is the picture.

Image

But i don't know how to download those file? I thought i must buy it by money but how can i buy it? Can you please tell me. Thanks so much ;__;[/img]

lindy
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 am

Postby lindy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi, I am having problem downloading CB with the latest update. Strangely, I can download files with proper English titles/names but not files with Korean or Japanese titles/names. Anyone having the same problem as me? Thanks.

User avatar
tamajung
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Postby tamajung » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:57 pm

lindy wrote:Hi, I am having problem downloading CB with the latest update. Strangely, I can download files with proper English titles/names but not files with Korean or Japanese titles/names. Anyone having the same problem as me? Thanks.


Me too. :scratch:
When I click start download, this pop-up appears

Image

Now I can only download file having English language name.

If anyone know how to solve the problem, please help :idea:

User avatar
howtwosavealif3
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Postby howtwosavealif3 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 pm

SAME PROBLEM HERE. now that we know the raeason brhind it. whta would be the solution???

User avatar
am00339
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: New York

Postby am00339 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:49 pm

can you rename the file before triggering the download ?

ap
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:20 pm

Postby ap » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:26 am

maybe you need the korean codepage installed, since it looks like a filesystem error

ap

mark9000
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Postby mark9000 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:26 pm

tamajung wrote:
lindy wrote:Hi, I am having problem downloading CB with the latest update. Strangely, I can download files with proper English titles/names but not files with Korean or Japanese titles/names. Anyone having the same problem as me? Thanks.


Me too. :scratch:
When I click start download, this pop-up appears

Image

Now I can only download file having English language name.

If anyone know how to solve the problem, please help :idea:



http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=13209

fix it

Using AppLocale

1) Open AppLocale (Start->Programs->Microsoft AppLocale->AppLocale).
2) Click 'Next' at the first screen. Then select 'Launch an Application'
3) Click the 'Browse' button and locate your Clubbox application
(C://user/???/AppData/Local/Zettamedia/P ... lubbox.exe)
4) Click 'Next'. Then at the 'Detect the Language' page, select 'Language'.

--------

lindy
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 am

Postby lindy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for the guide. I have DL AppLocale but I am not able to locate clubbox.exe. Have tried searching for the same. Btw, I am using Windows 7. Thanks for your help!

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 am

Postby salparadise » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Yup, that did the trick.
Last edited by salparadise on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barataria
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Galicia, Spain

Postby barataria » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you mark9000 for helping.
I could locate the file clubbox.exe but after addind it to 'Browse' button, it doesn't work again. I have Windows 7 too.
At the end there's the option: "Create a shortcut to always run this application with AppLocale". Should I choose that?
Any suggestion will be really appreciated. ^^

mark9000
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Postby mark9000 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:31 pm

barataria wrote:Thank you mark9000 for helping.
I could locate the file clubbox.exe but after addind it to 'Browse' button, it doesn't work again. I have Windows 7 too.
At the end there's the option: "Create a shortcut to always run this application with AppLocale". Should I choose that?
Any suggestion will be really appreciated. ^^


AppLocale will save the shortcut in your start menu For your convenience, you can drag it onto your desktop if you wish ^^

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 am

Postby salparadise » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Ok, works now. Well done.
Last edited by salparadise on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mark9000
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Postby mark9000 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 pm

salparadise wrote:Again it still doesn't change anything though.


4) Click 'Next'. Then at the 'Detect the Language' page, select '한국어'.

Image

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 am

Postby salparadise » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Ok, guess it was tricky to find where the shortcut was. Had to do a filesearch and name it something other than clubbox to make sure I was opening the program with applocale instead of just opening it regularly.
Last edited by salparadise on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barataria
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Galicia, Spain

Postby barataria » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:51 pm

It seems AppLocale doesn't work with windows vista or 7.
It's explained here: http://users.wfu.edu/yipcw/atg/microsoft/applocale/
But I followed all these instructions and it doesn't still work for me. Maybe somebody can make it work and help us. Thanks anyway. :unsure:

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 am

Postby salparadise » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Seems to work. Make sure you open Clubbox with the shortcut you created. Thanks Matt!
Last edited by salparadise on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mekare305
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 am

Postby Mekare305 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm

I have Windows Vista and I needed to disable 'User Account Control' to install AppLocale. That is the only problem I had, it works for me, thanks mark9000.

lindy
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 am

Postby lindy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:19 pm

It works. Thanks mark9000!

barataria
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Galicia, Spain

Postby barataria » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Yesterday, it wasn't my day. Today, sun is shinning at last. :w000t:
I could make it work finally so I'm really happy. Without Clubbox I'm nothing.
Thanks a million to mark9000 and everybody in here!!! :notworthy:

anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Postby anolibb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks mark9000 for the step to step explanation into getting back to downloading from clubbox.

Sadly I have bumped into another problem and I wonder if anyone has a solution for it?

Clubbox runs fine and downloads fine using the shortcut created by applocale. I had two episodes completed so I removed each of them from the list to start another one. I never had a problem so I didn't check the files until today but they still are .crcdata and .neo files and not plain .avi. I launched clubbox and started one of the episodes to download again and it reached 100%, changed into an .avi file in the clubbox window then windows quits it instantly saying

"a problem caused the program to stop working correctly," and it forces me to click on quitting it. I've tried again and same thing happened. What a mess :(

Thanks for any help in advance!

User avatar
\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 6238
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:37 am
Location: (--<@>_<@>--) (--<Ö>__<Ö>--)

Postby \( -o _ o- )/ » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:11 am

anolibb wrote:Thanks mark9000 for the step to step explanation into getting back to downloading from clubbox.

Sadly I have bumped into another problem and I wonder if anyone has a solution for it?

Clubbox runs fine and downloads fine using the shortcut created by applocale. I had two episodes completed so I removed each of them from the list to start another one. I never had a problem so I didn't check the files until today but they still are .crcdata and .neo files and not plain .avi. I launched clubbox and started one of the episodes to download again and it reached 100%, changed into an .avi file in the clubbox window then windows quits it instantly saying

"a problem caused the program to stop working correctly," and it forces me to click on quitting it. I've tried again and same thing happened. What a mess :(

Thanks for any help in advance!


Did you try to rename the file to avi and then try playing it?
v ( ^ o ^ ) vImagev ( - _ - ) vImage\"( - ___ - )"/Image

anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Postby anolibb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:39 am

\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:
Did you try to rename the file to avi and then try playing it?



Once I renamed the RIGHT file it did. Thanks!!! No more problems for now. :cheers:
Last edited by anolibb on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moko1816
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Postby moko1816 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:06 pm

im new to this forum but using CB for few years. Recently I have prolem not to DL any Japanese dramas. If any of you have solutions, please share with me.

Image

User avatar
ooyoo
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Location: Moo

Postby ooyoo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 am

mark9000 wrote:
tamajung wrote:Image
Now I can only download file having English language name.
If anyone know how to solve the problem, please help :idea:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=13209

fix it Using AppLocale

1) Open AppLocale (Start->Programs->Microsoft AppLocale->AppLocale).
2) Click 'Next' at the first screen. Then select 'Launch an Application'
3) Click the 'Browse' button and locate your Clubbox application
(C://user/???/AppData/Local/Zettamedia/P ... lubbox.exe)
4) Click 'Next'. Then at the 'Detect the Language' page, select 'Language'.


Thank you very much for this fix! I admit, it didn't work when I first did it and I tried a few times to no avail. Finally, I just closed everything and then opened clubbox thru AppLocale (n the start menu), logged into CB thru the app, then opened my browser and logged into CB. Clicked the file I wanted to download, and it worked! The filename no longer has '????'s in it, either. I hope CB updates with this problem solved!

thuko0l
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Postby thuko0l » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:01 am

I can't fix the problem with the hangul error like mark9000's solution :(((((

I follow the steps but can't download the file with hangul name ~~ T^T

I'm using vista ~ can anyone help me T^T

User avatar
mrvx
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: malaysia

Postby mrvx » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:29 am

clubbox still alive or not?

User avatar
\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 6238
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:37 am
Location: (--<@>_<@>--) (--<Ö>__<Ö>--)

Postby \( -o _ o- )/ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 am

mrvx wrote:clubbox still alive or not?


Yes. :w00t:
v ( ^ o ^ ) vImagev ( - _ - ) vImage\"( - ___ - )"/Image

metalhorsecapricorn
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:39 am

Postby metalhorsecapricorn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:51 pm

moko1816 wrote:im new to this forum but using CB for few years. Recently I have prolem not to DL any Japanese dramas. If any of you have solutions, please share with me.

Image


i had the same problem but i found a way to fix it. i'm not sure if it'll work for you but here goes:

go to control panel> clock, language, and region

click on region and click the administrative tab. then. click on the change system locale button and select korean as the language.

User avatar
rightxwrong
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am
Location: everywhere

Postby rightxwrong » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 pm

i can't register clubbox (overseas).

Is it still taking overseas registrants?
Image
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ...them boys... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

gargamei
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Postby gargamei » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:06 pm

Recently I encountered this problem dowloading files from clubbox. It prompts "XXX_avi_crcdata _contains an incorrect path. Cancel or jump to next file" Any encountered this or with workable solution pls help Thank

hey9
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:30 pm

Postby hey9 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:55 am

Is there some kind of sharing or payment requirement with this? Because I'm finding some amazing stuff on here, but I can't read a thing and the whole setup seems too good to be true. What are the rules of clubbox? I don't want to be happily downloading and then one day find I've been banned from the network.

Also, are there any rules in regards to uploading raws I find there onto d-addicts? Because I feel like the proper thing to do would be to ask permissions, but again the language barrier makes even site navigation perplexing.

User avatar
RetroHelix
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Germany

Postby RetroHelix » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:29 pm

hey9 wrote:Is there some kind of sharing or payment requirement with this? Because I'm finding some amazing stuff on here, but I can't read a thing and the whole setup seems too good to be true. What are the rules of clubbox? I don't want to be happily downloading and then one day find I've been banned from the network.

Also, are there any rules in regards to uploading raws I find there onto d-addicts? Because I feel like the proper thing to do would be to ask permissions, but again the language barrier makes even site navigation perplexing.


Using Clubbox is free. There are some files that require 'credits' but this usually goes for very popular files or movies. I'm using Clubbox for years now and was just leeching so you should have no problems if you download only.
You have to know that the downloadspeed can be very, very slow when using Clubbox. It depends on where you live but you most likely won't be able to top the 50kb/s mark without 'Quickdownload' a service you can buy for money or 'Mileagepoints'. You will earn 'Mileagepoints' by just letting the client run. Some kind of bonus. But even if you are using 'Quickdownload' the downloadspeed can be horribly slow.
Read about the registrationprocess on the first page.

For uploading rules see: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24851

PS. Since some time you will get an error when clubbox tries to write special filesnames (no unicode support). In this case you have to run Clubbox with Applocale or a similar tool. After finishing the download of such files you also have to manually correct their fileextension.

User avatar
HeiMeiGui
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 7:12 am

Postby HeiMeiGui » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:30 am

Hello everyone
it's been a long time since I used clubbox! there is a show that I'm looking for and
It shows that there are some but I can't know or find the user of that clubbox account
can anyone explain to me please how to get it ?
thank you

hey9
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:30 pm

Postby hey9 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:00 am

RetroHelix wrote:Using Clubbox is free. There are some files that require 'credits' but this usually goes for very popular files or movies. I'm using Clubbox for years now and was just leeching so you should have no problems if you download only.
You have to know that the downloadspeed can be very, very slow when using Clubbox. It depends on where you live but you most likely won't be able to top the 50kb/s mark without 'Quickdownload' a service you can buy for money or 'Mileagepoints'. You will earn 'Mileagepoints' by just letting the client run. Some kind of bonus. But even if you are using 'Quickdownload' the downloadspeed can be horribly slow.
Read about the registrationprocess on the first page.

For uploading rules see: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24851

PS. Since some time you will get an error when clubbox tries to write special filesnames (no unicode support). In this case you have to run Clubbox with Applocale or a similar tool. After finishing the download of such files you also have to manually correct their fileextension.
Thanks, RetroHelix! I've got clubbox running smoothly now, and I really don't mind the d/l speed because I'm just so happy to find some of my favorite dramas in HD on there. I've even managed to revive a few dead torrents on d-addicts because of clubbox :)

User avatar
ooyoo
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Location: Moo

Postby ooyoo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 am

Just thought I'd review/recap fixes for ppl unable to DL files with Korean or Japanese characters. I have two systems and they're both working fine now after the fixes.

For Windows XP:
1) Start> All Programs> Microsoft AppLocale> AppLocale
2) Click "Next"
3) Select "Launch an application" then "Browse" to find the 'clubbox.exe' file location. (If you don't know where it is, do a file search first, then continue the setup)
4) Click "Next" and select 'Korean'.
5) At the prompt, "Create a shortcut to always run this application with AppLocale?" Click YES. You should now be able to see "clubbox" in the list of MSAppLocale apps.
6) To download files from CB, open the CB downloader: Start> All Programs> Microsoft AppLocale> Clubbox
7) You will get a pop-up that says this isn't a permanent fix, but just ignore that. Use the AppLocale 'login' every time you want to download from CB.
Note: Remember to log in to the downloader before you select a file to download, or you won't get any mileage points for the time you have the downloader open.

For Windows 7:
1) Start> Control Panel> Region & Language
2) Click "Administrative" tab
3) Click "Change system locale..." button
4) Select "Korean (Korea)" (I can download files with Korean and Japanese characters)
5) Click "OK" and you should be good to go.
6) There doesn't seem to be a 'clubbox.exe' file, so if you accidentally close the downloader, you will need to download a file to open the downloader app again (just look for an .smi subtitle file). If you were in the middle of a download, you'll have to start again (Totally annoying!). Again, remember to log in to earn your mileage points.

Also, sometimes the download doesn't fully complete and you are left with two files, one with _crcdata and the other with _neo at the end. Delete the smaller _crcdata file and erase "_neo" from the end of the bigger file and your video is ready to watch! (This works on XP and 7)

Happy downloading!

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Hmm, I believe you can install AppLocale on Windows 7 and 8 by setting the "Compatability mode" option for the installer. That issue where the final file is not renamed is annoying. Before it was just once in a while but now it always happens. When the download finishes it says "Complete except rename " or something like that.

Is anyone using Clubbox in Windows 8 (specifically 8.1)? I still have not tried to install it since people had reported it would not install when Windows 8 was first released.

yuki-ichigo
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:07 am

Mileage Exchange to Greenfile Coupon?

Postby yuki-ichigo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Thank you very much! Using Applocale I can download again via clubbox.
I tried changing system locale before, but it didn't work...
I had to figure some things out to make Applocale work, but now everthing's fine.
Just weird to see that this problem has been around for a while now, but for me it appeared just recently...

There's another problem with clubbox I had from the very beginning, maybe I'll find some help.
I am very aware of the whole green file thing and that you need to own "credits" to download them (the ones with 300C, 700C, 1500C etc.)
In my mileage exchange page there seems to be the option to exchange mileage to those credits, but I can't click the button underneath, because it's grey.

As you can see in the screenshot, I have enough mileage and the other coupon buttons look just normal and "clickable". :scratch:
I translated the information behind "Greenfile Coupon" with Google translate and it says sth like "Within 30 days of purchase and earn more than 1,000 miles to the Green file if the Exchange/gift. Green will earn 100% of the mileage, as long as the cache files."
Maybe this helps...
Thank you very much in advance :-)
Attachments
GreenFile.jpg
GreenFile.jpg (169.43 KiB) Viewed 8499 times

Miri88
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:53 am

Postby Miri88 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 am

Is it just me, or is there anyone else who can't access the Clubbox website since yesterday?

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Miri88 wrote:Is it just me, or is there anyone else who can't access the Clubbox website since yesterday?

Works fine for me.

okitagirl
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:27 am

Postby okitagirl » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:28 pm

I've been having trouble with clubbox lately. It wants me to download the zmlauncher setup and run it. I do that and it keeps telling me I need to update and I keep getting the same message. Anyone having this problem?

User avatar
darkw1zard
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: SG

Postby darkw1zard » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:11 am

okitagirl wrote:I've been having trouble with clubbox lately. It wants me to download the zmlauncher setup and run it. I do that and it keeps telling me I need to update and I keep getting the same message. Anyone having this problem?


yes i've got the same problem. actually when it asked to update, nothing happened.

i've got it worked last time, but since my pc got reformatted it wouldn't work.

i couldn't recall what I did last time for fix, but it maybe something to do with copying the dll to windows/sys32(syswow64)

User avatar
RetroHelix
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: Germany

Postby RetroHelix » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:31 am

Can someone tell me what the new button on the searchbar does:
Image
Does it mean we get torrents on clubbox too?

User avatar
piciu
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Napoli, Italy

Postby piciu » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 am

RetroHelix wrote:Can someone tell me what the new button on the searchbar does:
Image
Does it mean we get torrents on clubbox too?


I wanted to ask it too!!

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi! I tried to download and install the program but it says error launching installer... and I cant even unistall it now T.T help? :cry:

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:40 pm

vegasakura wrote:Hi! I tried to download and install the program but it says error launching installer... and I cant even unistall it now T.T help? :cry:

You need to give more information. If there was an error during the setup are you sure it was even installed? Did you install from the a prompt window or did you download the installer? What operating system are you using?

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:49 pm

saigo_x wrote:
vegasakura wrote:Hi! I tried to download and install the program but it says error launching installer... and I cant even unistall it now T.T help? :cry:

You need to give more information. If there was an error during the setup are you sure it was even installed? Did you install from the a prompt window or did you download the installer? What operating system are you using?

windows 8. I downloaded the.exe and I installed it, but before completing the installation it gave an error (I dont remember what it said) and the program didnt installed. But if I go to my programs list I have it as if it was installed... but I cant run it or uninstall it. And if I want to install it again, it said " error launching installer". And that message also appear if I try to unistall it.

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:05 pm

vegasakura wrote:windows 8. I downloaded the.exe and I installed it, but before completing the installation it gave an error (I dont remember what it said) and the program didnt installed. But if I go to my programs list I have it as if it was installed... but I cant run it or uninstall it. And if I want to install it again, it said " error launching installer". And that message also appear if I try to unistall it.

You may need to restart your computer in case the install program did not close succesfully. After restart try uninstalling again.
Do you have adminstrator rights? If you do try reinstalling by right clicking on the exe and use the "Run as administrator" option.
Are you sure a security program (antivirus, firewall) didn't block the installation? I recall a while ago I had a problem with Malwarebytes Antimalware decting the plugin as an adware program.

Forgot to ask what browser are you using?

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:37 pm

saigo_x wrote:You may need to restart your computer in case the install program did not close succesfully. After restart try uninstalling again.
Do you have adminstrator rights? If you do try reinstalling by right clicking on the exe and use the "Run as administrator" option.
Are you sure a security program (antivirus, firewall) didn't block the installation? I recall a while ago I had a problem with Malwarebytes Antimalware decting the plugin as an adware program.

Forgot to ask what browser are you using?


Internet Explorer. I restarted it but I still cant run, remove or install again the program. I tried it without the antivirus and I still cant do it. And when I try to install it with "run as administrator" I get the "error launching installer".

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:53 pm

vegasakura wrote:Internet Explorer. I restarted it but I still cant run, remove or install again the program. I tried it without the antivirus and I still cant do it. And when I try to install it with "run as administrator" I get the "error launching installer".

Hmm strange. Does it give you an error code?
Which installer file did you download? zmlauncher-setup.exe? Try downloading this version: http://www.clubbox.co.kr/neo.fld/ClubBoxSetup.exe.

Edit: If Clubbox will not uninstall from the program list or the control panel, then try manually running the uninstall file from the location below. Replace <username> with your account username.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Zettamedia\PdClubBox\clubboxuninstall.exe

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:02 pm

saigo_x wrote:Hmm strange. Does it give you an error code?
Which installer file did you download? zmlauncher-setup.exe? Try downloading this version: http://www.clubbox.co.kr/neo.fld/ClubBoxSetup.exe.

Edit: If Clubbox will not uninstall from the program list or the control panel, then try manually running the uninstall file from the location below. Replace <username> with your account username.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Zettamedia\PdClubBox\clubboxuninstall.exe


I already got to unistall it. But when I want to install it again, both zmlauncher and clubboxsetup, I still get the "error launching installer" T.T

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:34 am

vegasakura wrote:I already got to unistall it. But when I want to install it again, both zmlauncher and clubboxsetup, I still get the "error launching installer" T.T

How did you finally get it to uninstall?
Unfortunately there is really not much else I can suggest. :scratch: Have you had any problems installing other programs? Check the Event Viewer under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel for any errors related to Clubbox/Zettamedia or anything about installer errors. While you are in the Administrative Tools also check Services to make sure the Windows Installer Service is started.

Edit: Is this the error window you are seeing?

Image

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:02 am

saigo_x wrote:How did you finally get it to uninstall?
Unfortunately there is really not much else I can suggest. :scratch: Have you had any problems installing other programs? Check the Event Viewer under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel for any errors related to Clubbox/Zettamedia or anything about installer errors. While you are in the Administrative Tools also check Services to make sure the Windows Installer Service is started.

Edit: Is this the error window you are seeing?

Image


I restored the pc u.u'
Yes, it's that error window!

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:47 am

vegasakura wrote:I restored the pc u.u'
Yes, it's that error window!

I was afraid of that. :| The NSIS error looks like a complicated thing to figure out judging from a basic google search. It looks like something is "breaking" the install. Could be anything from a corrupted install file, security software blocking access, a virus or malware, filename error, folder permissions, etc. I suggest you open a thread in the Tech Support section or try posting on a site like Windows 8 Forums(this is not a Microsoft site).

Edit: Hey did you change the System Locale setting? It was one of the methods discussed in this thread to "fix" the problem with not being able to downlaod files with japanese/korean filenames. If so try changing it back.

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:25 pm

saigo_x wrote:I was afraid of that. :| The NSIS error looks like a complicated thing to figure out judging from a basic google search. It looks like something is "breaking" the install. Could be anything from a corrupted install file, security software blocking access, a virus or malware, filename error, folder permissions, etc. I suggest you open a thread in the Tech Support section or try posting on a site like Windows 8 Forums(this is not a Microsoft site).

Edit: Hey did you change the System Locale setting? It was one of the methods discussed in this thread to "fix" the problem with not being able to downlaod files with japanese/korean filenames. If so try changing it back.


I have to change it to korean? or...? (I changed it before install the program... )

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:38 pm

I had that problem before....so i uninstalled it and delete the folder then i reinstall again...

I use applocale to run the program...i tick run as administrator for both applocale and the downloader

and it still working until now

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:44 pm

VampireXxX wrote:I had that problem before....so i uninstalled it and delete the folder then i reinstall again...

I use applocale to run the program...i tick run as administrator for both applocale and the downloader

and it still working until now


Could you tell me what I have to do? step by step? ^^

vegasakura
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Postby vegasakura » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Ok I dont know how but I got to install the program. The problem now is that I cant find the .exe file so I can run it with applocale. T.T

Edit: I did it!! I can run the program now!! ^^ But the download speed is so slow... it's normal?

saigo_x
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

Postby saigo_x » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:57 pm

vegasakura wrote:Ok I dont know how but I got to install the program. The problem now is that I cant find the .exe file so I can run it with applocale. T.T

Edit: I did it!! I can run the program now!! ^^ But the download speed is so slow... it's normal?

Glad you finally got that all worked out. :-) Free downloads are limited to 50KB/sec. Even then sometimes speeds can be very slow for some files or be very erratic. Foreign users are also given very low priority.

serenityai
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Postby serenityai » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 am

Hi. I have another problem with Clubbox. I changed my language. So I can add the files to clubbox sofware. But after some minutes download stop by itself. I cliked the download button. But result is the same. Wtah shoud I do? Thanks.

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:29 am

try delete the file then download again...don't worry about your download...clubbox has resume feature... :mrgreen:

serenityai
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Postby serenityai » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am

I deleted and add the file again but It didn't work. But when I was in Germany I could download the files. But now I can't. Download doesn't start.

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Coffin

Postby VampireXxX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

any error message? like clubbox cannot find the download folder ?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest